Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-05-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm sure he wasn't doing it the right way. If he covered this up, what makes you think he didn't do anything else behind the scenes? Come on GF...

No one does it the right way. That's the culture of college athletics. I don't blame Rutgers for it, or any other school, but let's not close our eyes and pretend it's clean. It's not. Not even close.
He didn't cover anything up!!! Stop listening to ESPN. When it was brought to his attention he went to the president of the school, inside and outside counsel, and hired a private investigator. Counsel recommended that they do not fire Rice. The president agreed. They went with the rehab program and it worked!!! Rice has changed since then. If you want to say he made a major mistake by going with rehab over firing then fine I can understand but it's still not something he should be fired for. This is caving to ESPN because they were bored this week and are holding a grudge because we further dissolved the old BE and Pernetti was a leader amongst that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He didn't cover anything up!!! Stop listening to ESPN. When it was brought to his attention he went to the president of the school, inside and outside counsel, and hired a private investigator. Counsel recommended that they do not fire Rice. The president agreed. They went with the rehab program and it worked!!! Rice has changed since then. If you want to say he made a major mistake by going with rehab over firing then fine I can understand but it's still not something he should be fired for. This is caving to ESPN because they were bored this week and are holding a grudge because we further dissolved the old BE and Pernetti was a leader amongst that.
And I commend him for that. I was not aware that he did that, so that's my bad. But do you honestly believe that he hasn't done anything behind the scenes that's at least somewhat shady? You think these athletes we've been getting in here are the result of doing things the right way?

Come on. I'm sure he has his warts too. They just haven't been uncovered.

Do I think he should have gotten fired? No. That's ********. But do I think he's a saint? Absolutely not. All these guys have their warts.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course I can't tell you he hasn't done ONE thing behind the scenes that was shady. I'd be naive if I did think that and of course it's possible he has. All I can go off is what I know and I know he's highly respected by pretty much everyone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-05-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

This is such BS. He's the fall man. His resignation letter:

Quote:
Dear Dr. Barchi:

I write in confirmation of our conversation earlier today during which we agreed that it was in the best interests of Rutgers University that I step down from my position as Director of Intercollegiate Athletics. I do so reluctantly because I always have and always will love Rutgers. I want to thank the people who have supported me throughout my years as a student-athlete and Athletic Director and help them understand my reasoning in this situation.

My continued tenure as Athletic Director is no longer sustainable for the University which I attended and where a piece of me will always remain. In connection with the incidents involving former basketball Coach Mike Rice, as was the case with all other matters which I handled on behalf of the University, I always tried my best to do what is right. I have spent a great deal of time reflecting on the events which led to today. As you know, my first instincts when I saw the videotape of Coach Rice's behavior was to fire him immediately. However, Rutgers decided to follow a process involving university lawyers, human resources professionals, and outside counsel. Following review of the independent investigative report, the consensus was that university policy would not justify dismissal. I have admitted my role in, and regret for, that decision, and wish that I had the opportunity to go back and override it for the sake of everyone involved.

I trust that my tenure at Rutgers will not be judged by this one incident. I am proud of my efforts to lead Rutgers into the Big Ten, and of all of the accomplishments of our student-athletes in the classroom and on the field of play. I want to thank our great fans, the hardest working staff in collegiate athletics, and every one of our fine student-athletes. It has been my great pleasure to serve my alma mater.

Sincerely,

Tim Pernetti
Class of 1993

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Looks like Eddie Jordan will be the new BBall coach. I like it especially if Cox and Macon stay with the program. He runs the Princeton offense which I really don't know anything about.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-12-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm worried to see what we'll do in the Princeton offense. I like Jordan, nothing flashy, but you knew we wouldn't go flashy.

The princeton offense is all about ball movement, which I love, but I'm not sure how Eli can run it. Mack I think would do fine but Eli...idk. It's a lot of discipline and driving.

Wally, Jack and Randall down low using pick and roll and picks to set up backdoor screen will work, especially with poole
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

7 Rutgers players drafted!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-27-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And like 6 of em by the Patriots. The Pats might have to be my 2nd favorite team by default.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Brandon Jones went to NE also haha. They have our whole secondary.

Tim Wright to Oakland.

RJ Dill to Jacksonville.

Mark Harrison to Chicago.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-27-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Marvin Booker to Detroit.

Scott Vallone to Miami.

Wow lots of guys drafted and signing! So awesome.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2013, 06:07 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we're taking this league by storm!
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UConn > Rutgers.

Also what happened to that LB you guys liked? I forgot his name. Beau? Where did he get drafted?
Old 04-28-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Beau went in the 7th to the Patriots. I really think he can make it in this league. I don't know if he'll ever be a star, but I definitely feel that Stevie can have a long career.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, in a few years the Patriots are just going to be Rutger grads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Seriously, in a few years the Patriots are just going to be Rutger grads.
Sounds like a SB team.

NE has quietly built up their defense. McCourty found a home at FS, Dennard is a good #2 CB, Logan is a solid CB in their system (they run a lot of Cover 2, Logan is perfect for that), they have solid LBs, and now their edge guys are good in Collins and Jones.

They need a 5 tech, but that defense is quietly good again. I expect them to be a pretty good defense this year.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Beli just thinks the Rutgers guys are more prepared for the NFL. They came in as hard workers, good people. I don't blame him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Sounds like a SB team.

NE has quietly built up their defense. McCourty found a home at FS, Dennard is a good #2 CB, Logan is a solid CB in their system (they run a lot of Cover 2, Logan is perfect for that), they have solid LBs, and now their edge guys are good in Collins and Jones.

They need a 5 tech, but that defense is quietly good again. I expect them to be a pretty good defense this year.
I'm a skeptic of the Ryan pick. Granted I have seen very little tape of him so I will take your word for it but I am hearing conflicting things as to whether he is more adequate in zone or press, the latter was only one particular scouting report so not sure how accurate it is. I def have to catch up on some film.

I'll reserve judgement on this defense until the season, I'd expect it to be in the better half in the league but I wouldn't jump to saying they'd be top ten. no coverage LBs, hole at SS, and injury prone DBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm a skeptic of the Ryan pick. Granted I have seen very little tape of him so I will take your word for it but I am hearing conflicting things as to whether he is more adequate in zone or press, the latter was only one particular scouting report so not sure how accurate it is. I def have to catch up on some film.

I'll reserve judgement on this defense until the season, I'd expect it to be in the better half in the league but I wouldn't jump to saying they'd be top ten. no coverage LBs, hole at SS, and injury prone DBs.
Logan is fine as long as you got that safety to play over him. You guys run a ton of Cover 2, and you feel comfortable stopping the run with 7 in the box bc of the muscle you have up front. It's a Bill Parcells staple that Belli believes in as well.

Logan Ryan is a good player, and in your scheme, he's perfectly fine. It's a good pick. And youll love him as a tackler.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

I personally think he's better in press but I know I've seen a lot of people say the opposite. You're going to like him and you got a steal in the 3rd. Great tackler, can blitz, good ball skills, good hips.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does Marcus Cooper have a have shot to develop into something down the road? From the little tape I see, it seems that way but its hard to evaluate him based on how he was use. He was in that 'bail-out' off coverage where he's facing the opposite sideline, looking directly inton the backfield, 10 yards off the ball alot. I hate that mess. Cant really judge him in that technique.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
So does Marcus Cooper have a have shot to develop into something down the road? From the little tape I see, it seems that way but its hard to evaluate him based on how he was use. He was in that 'bail-out' off coverage where he's facing the opposite sideline, looking directly inton the backfield, 10 yards off the ball alot. I hate that mess. Cant really judge him in that technique.
I think at best he could be a dime CB. He was not great at anything but just solid across the board.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-01-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm starting to become a little worried about 2014 recruiting. A lot of our big targets don't look like they'll be coming to Rutgers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

that doesn't sound good, you're my recruiting go-to Zak. that scares me hearing that.

However, I was looking over the roster prepping to pimp someone this upcoming draft, and outside of Coleman (who'd have to go early) there's not really anyone. Which is good and bad. We're young. No names that really stand out at the moment, but we're a young team. This season should be interesting to say the least.
Quote:
Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
that doesn't sound good, you're my recruiting go-to Zak. that scares me hearing that.

However, I was looking over the roster prepping to pimp someone this upcoming draft, and outside of Coleman (who'd have to go early) there's not really anyone. Which is good and bad. We're young. No names that really stand out at the moment, but we're a young team. This season should be interesting to say the least.
Yeah it looks like the big name NJ talent is leaving. I thought we had a really good shot at Quenton Nelson (top 50 national prospect) but he got his ND offer and it appears he'll be going there most likely. It's early and we'll still do well but going into the B1G I thought we'd see a slight uptick. Damien Prince from Maryland (OL top 50 national prospect) is who we need. We're currently the favorite it seems but we need to reel him in.

Jamal Merrell! He looked like an NFL LB to me and he'll rise up the boards.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well I didn't think it would happen so quickly but Nelson committed to ND earlier. I'm very worried.

sig by BoneKrusher