Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, so what is the likelihood we trade back into this draft? Definitely some players there that would be worth it.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tarleton state is just west of Dallas.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Tarleton state is just west of Dallas.
thnx, had never ever heard of the place

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, every year the Saints find a new college I never heard of.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

OK, guys, what is your 2013 draft grade and what UDFA's do you hope we call/sign.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

We've signed Tulane QB Ryan Griffin.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Add these names to the list:

Ray Shipman, LB, Central Florida
Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech
Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford

Hell yeah!

Old 04-27-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Michigan OL Elliott Mealer,
Utah CB Ryan Lacy,
North Carolina ILB Kevin Reddick.
Louisiana-Monroe TE Keavon Milton

Old 04-28-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm most excited about Ryan Griffin and Kevin Reddick. I'm not a huge fan of Chase Thomas. I think he'll be a solid STer, maybe even a captain of ST, but I don't see how he'll break the starting line-up. Just my 2 cents. I hope I'm wrong.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

absolutely ecstatic about the UDFAs

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-28-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm most excited about Ryan Griffin and Kevin Reddick. I'm not a huge fan of Chase Thomas. I think he'll be a solid STer, maybe even a captain of ST, but I don't see how he'll break the starting line-up. Just my 2 cents. I hope I'm wrong.
If Thomas pans out, it makes gives us the upper-hand in negotiating with Vilma next year. Plus, if he decides to leave, we have his replacement already.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's strange, I'm realy indifferent about Kenny Stills and Rufus Johnson they don't intesrest me because I'm looking for our next UDFA gems. It's so much fun to discover these talents and imagine them turning into training camp beast that they excite me more than our actual late draft picks.

And I love the Armstead (small school O-lineman beast) and Jenkins (future NT monster) picks they redeem the Vaccaro selection.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I really hope Jenkins becomes a beast. We are due for a good pick in regards to down-lineman.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:16 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

just for kicks, my hindsight mock (so no trades)

1(15): Jarvis Jones. Was probably the #2 on my big board at that moment behind floyd who i didnt see fitting in our D. Was the slam dunk pick in my opinion.
3(75): Keenan Allen was just too amazing value to pass up on. Not saying Armstead is a bad pick at all and id have to think really long but i had a first round grade on Allen, tough to pass up on. Would possibly have picked Moore over Allen if i didnt pick Jones in the first.
4(106) Barrett Jones would be my pick because i think we can play him at multiple positions. I dont think youll get an early starter at LT here anyway and Jones (at worst) provides depth for the entire line.
4(109) Jesse Williams has starter potential at the nose and can play end in running situations as well. Just like with Jones I dont really know how he fell this far
5(144) Jordan Mills would be a nice depth addition to the OLine. Potential to be a starter at RT down the road, between him and jones the youth and talent level on the oline might be restored at a very low cost.
6(183) Bacarri Rambo, lets just say that i think he is a better prospect than Vaccaro by a decent margin and lets keep it at that.

Outside of the Vaccaro pick im fine with this draft but id absolutely love the draft above like this

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-30-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel the same a lot of seasons, but as I'm getting older, I'm starting to notice that the guys that "Drop", do so for good reason, and a lot of time don't become the steal we expect them to. Like every year I feel like the Cardinals have a super amazing draft, and it never materializes.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm extremely interested to see how Bjoern Werner works out for the Colts as a 3-4 rushbacker

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-09-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since it's never too early to think about the draft, so are there any prospects that you guys are thinking about or have a "man-crush" on?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have anyone in mind but I'd like a stud LB.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy I've got my eyes on, unfortunately (or is it, fortunately) won't be around when we pick. I'm saying this because I assume we'll be in the playoffs this season and won't have an early pick in the first round.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

So draft needs going into the draft are what? OT (left or right depending on how Armstead grows), C, WR, OLB, CB?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-21-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think OLB, OT, WR and CB om that order. I really feel like our WR with the exception of Colston only know how to do one thing when in the game, run the fly really fast. I like Stills and feel he has the potential to be a really good WR but I would really like us to take a Jarvis Landry or a Matthews at the position. Having our TE and RBs leading everyone in receiving is not gonna cut it.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I can't say I disagree. After this loss to Carolina, it is obvious we need a pass rusher who can pin his ears back and get after the QB as well as a OT we aren't afraid to run behind.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Yeah I thought CB and OLB were the priorities but the offense is so disapointing I'm leaning toward the O-line and receiving options. Brees is still great but it doesn't look like he win games by himself anymore.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Look at our salary cap situation next year. It's not a crazy thought to see us trade Grubbs or Evans for a top draft pick and ReDeaux or O-line.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

After looking at Lance Moore and Colston's salaries for next year and the year after we're probably going to have to either restructure or cut them. I don't see us cutting two productive receivers so we'll probably have to restructure.

Loomis is going to have work his magic again and we're going to have to hit on draft picks because our cap is whack.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter