Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-27-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I'm really excited. I had given up on them ever trying to draft RBs who didn't suck. This morning I was telling somebody how excited I was about getting Lacy, and that everything else will be icing on the cake. I couldn't have imagined that they'd also draft Franklin.
Between Lacy and Franklin, one will turn out to be a solid NFL starter so definitely worth being happy over.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats - Solid B-, didn't agree with everything but I think it was a decent draft.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the drafts of the Rams, Bills and Titans.

Titans have put pieces around Jake Locker that could lead to a simply amazing offense. Warmack and Schwenke to go with Levitre is as great a way to rebuild your interior OL as you could imagine. That'll rejuvenate the OL and let Chris Johnson run wild with the holes they'll be opening up for him. Hunter has a ton of talent and if Kenny Britt ever stays out of trouble they could form a great duo with Washington or Wright working the slot. That defense still needs work and more dynamic talents but if Jake Locker's gunna break out, they're sure putting together some great pieces to help him.

The Bills are getting trashed hard for picking Manuel, but the rest of their draft was really sweet. With Robert Woods and Goodwin joining Stevie and co. they've put together a really nice set of young receivers for their young QB. Alonso is a gunna make a lot of tackles behind Buffalo's DL and Duke Williams could step in very nicely next to Byrd. I don't much like Manuel, but they moved down and got a premium pick before picking him, so even if they wasted their pick on him they've still added some very good pieces for the guy they draft in 2-3 years. And if god forbid Manuel isn't Gabbert bad, they'll be in a really strong position next year with the offense pretty much set.

Finally the Rams. Getting overshadowed by some of the other power drafts in the division the Rams did some work of their own. After snagging some bigger bodied WRs last year, they've added some serious explosiveness and quickness for Sam Bradford to throw to. With Austin and Bailey joining Quick, Givens, Cook and Kendricks, the only question becomes will that OL hold up. Barrett Jones is a nice pick in that respect because he can be a capable starter for them all across the interior OL. While Ogletree, McDonald and McGee represent some serious length and athleticism for the back 7 defensively. They'll have a tough time in a rapidly improving division, but the Rams D was coming together last season and it could be the offenses turn this year.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7. Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina - B+
45. Kevin Minter, SILB, LSU - A+
69. Tyrann Mathieu, FS, LSU - C+
103. Alex Okafor, OLB, Texas - A
116. Earl Watford, OG, James Madison - B-
140. Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford - C+
174. Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M - A
187. Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson - A
219. D.C. Jefferson, TE, Rutgers - B-
Old 04-27-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I am going to grade the Bills draft since no one else has I believe. I know a lot of people have panned the Bills as having one of the worst drafts but I disagree. Call me a homer or whatever but I just do?

1(16)- E.J. Manuel QB Florida State Grade: B+

The Buffalo Bills for months have been saying that they were going to take their QB of the future. We all knew it was coming as Bills fans. If the Bills had taken E.J. Manuel at 8 and the Bills ended up with only 6 picks this pick would easily be an F. I was much happier that we convinced or whatever to get the Rams to move up to 8. Manuel has all of the tools to be successful at the NFL level. Did he always show his consistency in college? No, he didn't but Florida State runs a very very complex college system and I think that the Noles WR's and OL are highly overrated.

2(41)- Robert Woods WR USC Grade: A-

Woods was the perfect value here for the Buffalo Bills at 41. He is arguably the most polished WR in this draft and does everything exceptionally well. I drop this grade only slightly because he's not exactly the type of WR the Bills were looking for. I believe the Bills first choice was Justin Hunter but he went to the Titans at 34.

2(46)- Kiko Alonso LB Oregon Grade: B+

Alonso is so underrated its not even funny on these boards. He is a freak athlete who does everything and I mean everything well. You need him to stop the run, check. You need him to cover TE's down the field, check two. You want a guy who can blitz and cause havoc in the backfield. Hes got that too. He is also scheme diverse which the Bills plan on doing. I drop this grade because he will need to add bulk and he is an off the field concern as well as has an injury history.

3(78)- Marquis Goodwin WR Texas Grade: C+

He is probably a slight reach at this point. He also might also resemble T.J. Graham too much. Goodwin has the speed that you need and he figures to be a Special Teams and slot guy his first year. The thing is he seems to be turning a corner as he has shown that he can run routes now and showed an ability to be a more consistent pass catcher. Highly underutilized at Texas.

4(105)- Duke Williams S Nevada Grade: A-

Duke Williams is scheme diverse much like Alonso in the 2nd round. The value fits the pick and Williams can match up outside, in the nickle, at FS, or SS. He can come downhill and lay a stick on you. Pettine plans on playing 3 safeties a lot so the need was great. The Bills also needed depth at the CB spot. He also provides insurance for Jairus Byrd leaving and/or Da'Norris Searcy struggling as a starter.

5(143) Johnathan Meeks S Clemson Grade: C-

Meeks was widely considered an undrafted Free Agent. The reason why I dont give this pick a D or an F is because Meeks actually has the measurables to be a successful NFL safety. He's 6'3 209 pounds and runs a 4.55 40 yard dash. Also, the Bills were tipped off by most likely Dabo Swinney that Meeks was even by his words underutilized at Clemson. Apparently, they put him 15-20 yards deep every play to play the last line of defense because their other starting safety was I quote "Too Slow". Meeks stat line suffered because of it.

6(177)- Dustin Hopkins K Florida State Grade: A-

Hopkins is arguably the top kicker in the draft. Not only does he have long distance in his kicks, but he is also accurate. You need to have a big leg to cut through the Buffalo style weather and Rian Lindell frankly just doesn't have what it takes anymore. I expect Lindell to be cut in camp this year and Hopkins will assume the role of booming touch backs and long FG's at the NFL level

7(222)- Chris Gragg TE Arkansas Grade: B+

The Bills desperately needed a pass catching tight end with Scott Chandler on the shelf. Gragg was projected to go much higher in the draft and as a 7th rounder, Gragg can immediately come in and be a key contributor to a new faster Bills offense. Gragg led most TE's in all combine numbers and will not be asked to block much because Lee Smith does most of that. An excellent value for a 7th rounder.

This draft will be graded mostly in 3 years by the play of E.J. Manuel, but this Bills draft has speed, speed and more speed and it also has physical in your face defenders. It has guys with off the field problems who are jerks instead of the choir boys the Bills have brought in in the past.

The Bills draft grade: B+
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why I shouldn't DC before going out.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good analysis Gonzo. I'm pretty much with you on every description although I will never be on board with the Meeks pick in the 5th. Just doesn't make sense, and I really don't think he is anything special despite the measurable. I love most of our picks the same way you noted, and Da'Rick Rogers in UDFA was icing on the cake.

Would go B. + Rep on descriptions.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
1 (9) - Dee Milliner (B+) - Only thing keeping it from being an A is that its not an immediate need, and it would've been better to trade back, but Milliner was BPA there.
1 (13) - Sheldon Richardson (B+) - Same as above, not really a need, but a BPA pick so I can't give it a bad grade.
2 (39) - Geno Smith (B) - This would have gotten a much better grade from me had it not been for the lack of QBs getting taken until they picked again in the 3rd. Waste of value there.
3 (72) - Brian Winters (B) - A need pick and almost definitely not BPA, I just don't get it with guys like Damontre Moore and Keenan Allen available that this was a BPA pick, maybe Moore and Allen were red-flagged by them and completely off their board.
4 (106) - Chris Ivory (C) - The first bonehead move of the draft, we could have had Johnathan Franklin at this pick had we not given it up. The first of what I expect to be many poor Idzik decisions. I was kind of liking him until this.
5 (141) - Oday Aboushi (D) - I almost threw my remote at the TV at this one. I thought Aboushi would have went undrafted TBH. He has some solid tape but his measurables are too awful to ignore. I couldn't believe this pick. Terrible.
6 (178) - William Campbell (B-) - I'm torn on this one because its tough to see how even if he pans out how he'd get playing time behind Wilkerson, Richardson, and even Ellis. I like the value and upside, but it's just way too many young DTs on one team. Cornelius Washington would have been my choice.
7 (215) - Tommy Bohanon (A) - Finally a good value and need pick in one. Took long enough. I really like this pick a lot, sad that my favorite pick is our 7th rounder. Hopefully they do better with priority free agents.

Overall grade - B
I agree on the Milliner and Richardson front. I like the players and talent. Hopefully they work out.

I'm not sure you diminish the value of the Geno selection just because no QB's went right after. I still believe there is a difference between him and Nassib, and the other QBs. I think getting Geno at 37 is solid value. The Jets don't have a QB and you miss on any chances you don't take. I give the Geno an A- or B+. The value was fine and fills a big need. If he was a first rounder my opinion would change because the value would be less.

I like the Winters pick. OL was a big need, both for quality and quantity/depth. Moore would have been a OLB conversion, with maturity issues and physical concerns. I was rooting for Allen, but clearly they worry about his speed and health. Winters is a solid B pick.

Calling Ivory for a 4th the 'bonehead move of the draft' is one of the bonehead comments of the draft. We needed a RB, we got a RB. If you prefer Franklin to Ivory that is fine, but Ivory has shown talent in the league and provides a tough runner. Franklin is unproven and is a more similar player to Goodsen than Ivory. I'm fine with it. Drafting Ivory in the 4th with NFL experience is a solid B+ because he has low wear and tear and is young. Franklin likely would have gotten an A from me had we drafted him.

Aboushi was a surprise, and I don't know too much about him. From what i can tell he was a respectably rated tackle until the combine. Hopefully he can improve physically and proves to be a solid depth lineman, which we are clearly looking to improve. I'll give a C to this pick unless he can play G as well, which is questionable at this point.

Campbell is apparently switching to G? Interesting. That is a complete unknown. I can't grade it until we see more.

Overall we got arguable the top CB, a top 3 DT who can play DT in 4-3 or add rotation in 3-4, the top QB in a questionable class, OL depth, and a solid RB. I give the Jets draft a B / B+. Could have used some WR/TE support to make it better, but this is a solid start for Idzik IMO.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid B + for 49ers. Got great talent in each of the rounds one reach but still a good pick in Reid in the first and the rest fall into place. Also getting a future back in lattimore in the 4th. Should be Gore 2.0 if he heals just right. Behind our line he should do some good damage in the league.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
ramsrule
Rookie

ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams B-

I really like the fact they selected two very productive receivers.

Not sold on McDonald at safety. Would not shock me if I drafted Armstrong becomes more productive.

McGee could really contribute in a year or two.

Barrett Jones could start this year. I am really shocked he lasted until rd 4.

While I like Stacy, Rams could have stood pat and taken Mike James, who reminds me a lot of Dorsey Levins.
ramsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsrule View Post
Rams B-

I really like the fact they selected two very productive receivers.

Not sold on McDonald at safety. Would not shock me if I drafted Armstrong becomes more productive.

McGee could really contribute in a year or two.

Barrett Jones could start this year. I am really shocked he lasted until rd 4.

While I like Stacy, Rams could have stood pat and taken Mike James, who reminds me a lot of Dorsey Levins.
Stacy is better than Mike James.

I give the Rams an A I love what they did. Not a huge fan of TJ Mcdonald, but what we'll use him for, I like the pick. Absolutely love the Austin and Bailey picks.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I agree on the Milliner and Richardson front. I like the players and talent. Hopefully they work out.

I'm not sure you diminish the value of the Geno selection just because no QB's went right after. I still believe there is a difference between him and Nassib, and the other QBs. I think getting Geno at 37 is solid value. The Jets don't have a QB and you miss on any chances you don't take. I give the Geno an A- or B+. The value was fine and fills a big need. If he was a first rounder my opinion would change because the value would be less.

I like the Winters pick. OL was a big need, both for quality and quantity/depth. Moore would have been a OLB conversion, with maturity issues and physical concerns. I was rooting for Allen, but clearly they worry about his speed and health. Winters is a solid B pick.

Calling Ivory for a 4th the 'bonehead move of the draft' is one of the bonehead comments of the draft. We needed a RB, we got a RB. If you prefer Franklin to Ivory that is fine, but Ivory has shown talent in the league and provides a tough runner. Franklin is unproven and is a more similar player to Goodsen than Ivory. I'm fine with it. Drafting Ivory in the 4th with NFL experience is a solid B+ because he has low wear and tear and is young. Franklin likely would have gotten an A from me had we drafted him.

Aboushi was a surprise, and I don't know too much about him. From what i can tell he was a respectably rated tackle until the combine. Hopefully he can improve physically and proves to be a solid depth lineman, which we are clearly looking to improve. I'll give a C to this pick unless he can play G as well, which is questionable at this point.

Campbell is apparently switching to G? Interesting. That is a complete unknown. I can't grade it until we see more.

Overall we got arguable the top CB, a top 3 DT who can play DT in 4-3 or add rotation in 3-4, the top QB in a questionable class, OL depth, and a solid RB. I give the Jets draft a B / B+. Could have used some WR/TE support to make it better, but this is a solid start for Idzik IMO.
Surprisingly, I actually like Ivory. I just would prefer getting a cheap rookie RB instead. Ivory has proven he can start in this league as much as any rookie RB has, in that he hasn't. He also has lot proven to be able to stay healthy either, so for 3 years and 10 mil, I just don't see how he's even remotely close to worth a 4th round pick.

As for Campbell converting to G, that makes the pick even worse! I know Izdik wants people to compete, but drafting 3 interior linemen out of 6 picks is a bit over the top, especially when you sign 2 veteran guards to 1 year deals as well. I just don't get it.

We've also not fared particularly well in UDFA. We should've been able to get more than just Zach Rogers, Pantale, and Rontez Miles as the only likely players to make the 53man, there are like 7-8 spots an UDFA could've made the team on. It's not completely over yet, but so far it's meh.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Stacy is better than Mike James.

I give the Rams an A I love what they did. Not a huge fan of TJ Mcdonald, but what we'll use him for, I like the pick. Absolutely love the Austin and Bailey picks.

No doubt.

WR Austin A
OLB Ogletree A
S McDonald B
OG Jones A+
WR Bailey B+
CB McGee B-
RB Stacy B+

Awesome draft. Filled some major holes. Throw in FA'a Jake Long and Jared Cook and the Rams have improved themselves by a lot. Their D is going to be really good. Adding Ogletree and McDonald brings some nastiness to an already nasty D.

Last edited by armageddon : 04-28-2013 at 12:00 AM.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the Rams draft as well. Ogletree is a bit scary but if he can keep it together he should help make that a stud draft.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1 (9) - Dee Milliner (B+) - Only thing keeping it from being an A is that its not an immediate need, and it would've been better to trade back, but Milliner was BPA there.
1 (13) - Sheldon Richardson (B+) - Same as above, not really a need, but a BPA pick so I can't give it a bad grade.
2 (39) - Geno Smith (B) - This would have gotten a much better grade from me had it not been for the lack of QBs getting taken until they picked again in the 3rd. Waste of value there.
3 (72) - Brian Winters (B) - A need pick and almost definitely not BPA, I just don't get it with guys like Damontre Moore and Keenan Allen available that this was a BPA pick, maybe Moore and Allen were red-flagged by them and completely off their board.
4 (106) - Chris Ivory (C) - The first bonehead move of the draft, we could have had Johnathan Franklin at this pick had we not given it up. The first of what I expect to be many poor Idzik decisions. I was kind of liking him until this.
5 (141) - Oday Aboushi (D) - I almost threw my remote at the TV at this one. I thought Aboushi would have went undrafted TBH. He has some solid tape but his measurables are too awful to ignore. I couldn't believe this pick. Terrible.
6 (178) - William Campbell (B-) - I'm torn on this one because its tough to see how even if he pans out how he'd get playing time behind Wilkerson, Richardson, and even Ellis. I like the value and upside, but it's just way too many young DTs on one team. Cornelius Washington would have been my choice.
7 (215) - Tommy Bohanon (A) - Finally a good value and need pick in one. Took long enough. I really like this pick a lot, sad that my favorite pick is our 7th rounder. Hopefully they do better with priority free agents.

Overall grade - B
I agree with the B rating. It was a B+ heading into Day 3 but it dropped to B for me.

You underrate Ivory too much....Franklin is just a year younger and is an unproven commodity and Ivory even despite injury woes can be a go to back for the Jets and I think he's one of the NFL's best kept secrets.

If you like Geno enough, you don't wait so long...Jets considered him at 13, so for him to be there at 39...they didn't wanna ******** around.

I like Aboushi's versatility...I think he's better than a D but he does need to get stronger. I don't think its far off that he can get better moving forward but he might project to be better after a year or so of getting accommodated with the Jets coaching staff.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
I agree with the B rating. It was a B+ heading into Day 3 but it dropped to B for me.

You underrate Ivory too much....Franklin is just a year younger and is an unproven commodity and Ivory even despite injury woes can be a go to back for the Jets and I think he's one of the NFL's best kept secrets.

If you like Geno enough, you don't wait so long...Jets considered him at 13, so for him to be there at 39...they didn't wanna ******** around.

I like Aboushi's versatility...I think he's better than a D but he does need to get stronger. I don't think its far off that he can get better moving forward but he might project to be better after a year or so of getting accommodated with the Jets coaching staff.
We gave up a 4th round pick AND 3.33mil a year. That's why it's a bad move. He isn't worth that much he's as unproven as anybody. It's a huge gamble and I'm not behind it and I even like Ivory. If he were a FA and we signed him to that deal I'd love it, I just hate giving up that money and the pick.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Surprisingly, I actually like Ivory. I just would prefer getting a cheap rookie RB instead. Ivory has proven he can start in this league as much as any rookie RB has, in that he hasn't. He also has lot proven to be able to stay healthy either, so for 3 years and 10 mil, I just don't see how he's even remotely close to worth a 4th round pick.

As for Campbell converting to G, that makes the pick even worse! I know Izdik wants people to compete, but drafting 3 interior linemen out of 6 picks is a bit over the top, especially when you sign 2 veteran guards to 1 year deals as well. I just don't get it.

We've also not fared particularly well in UDFA. We should've been able to get more than just Zach Rogers, Pantale, and Rontez Miles as the only likely players to make the 53man, there are like 7-8 spots an UDFA could've made the team on. It's not completely over yet, but so far it's meh.
For me, there just wasn't a RB as good as Ivory at this point unless Lattimore returns to form which is a huge risk and something we can't do given our circumstances IMO. I get picks might get overvalued at times but Ivory when given his chances has done some great things and I don't think he's getting enough love.

I thought the Ivory pick was arguably the best move we did the whole 3 days personally speaking.

I did not like the Campbell pick myself but maybe we don't know something about it...I would have went elsewhere personally myself.

Mike Edwards is someone to look out for...he's a very, very good special teams player and might be our punt returner. Had an awesome return TD vs USC I think this year.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Quote:
We gave up a 4th round pick AND 3.33mil a year. That's why it's a bad move. He isn't worth that much he's as unproven as anybody. It's a huge gamble and I'm not behind it and I even like Ivory. If he were a FA and we signed him to that deal I'd love it, I just hate giving up that money and the pick.
Shonn Greene will give us probably a 4th or 5th next year and is making the same total and Ivory is the far more explosive running back and Greene's supposed to be a backup in TEN. I don't have a problem with the draft pick honestly because I don't think there's a more talented guy than Ivory in round 4.

Ivory barring Holmes returning to form or Smith/Hill breaking out will be our best playmaker on offense and all we gave up is a 4th round pick and fair price for a projected starting RB? Love it.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Shonn Greene will give us probably a 4th or 5th next year and is making the same total and Ivory is the far more explosive running back and Greene's supposed to be a backup in TEN. I don't have a problem with the draft pick honestly because I don't think there's a more talented guy than Ivory in round 4.

Ivory barring Holmes returning to form or Smith/Hill breaking out will be our best playmaker on offense and all we gave up is a 4th round pick and fair price for a projected starting RB? Love it.
Shonn Greene will be a 6th round compensatory. Which is about 100 picks later than the pick we gave up for Ivory. Just FYI.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Quote:
Shonn Greene will be a 6th round compensatory. Which is about 100 picks later than the pick we gave up for Ivory. Just FYI.
Had 1000 yards back to back years and there was hardly a market for a RB so I think he deserves better than a 6th round comp. 1000 yard rushers don't get out on the FA market often.

4th or 5th round comp.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Bucs had a solid draft, unspectacular draft.

Obviously Revis is a huge part of how this draft will be viewed in the future, but I don't really want to go into that. Johnathan Banks in the 2nd is a solid pick. Will hopefully battle Eric Wright for the starting spot, and if he loses that battle he should at least beat out Leonard Johnson for nickel back. Mike Glennon in the 3rd is easily the most polarizing pick. Bucs need competition at QB and an upgrade at back-up and Glennon gives us a very similar transition skill-set wise if Freeman goes down. He fits the system better than any available QB. Akiem Spence in the 4th is a guy I think we want to win the starting NT job in training camp. Seems like he might have some potential as a run stopper, but I don't expect much pass rush. William Gholston and Steve Means will both line up as defensive ends (Gholston will probably kick inside on 3rd down) and we really needed some mid round depth at the position. Clayborn/Bowers are injury concerns and Teo'Nesheim isn't suited for a starting role. Mike James out of Miami in the 6th is a meh pick. I doubt he makes the roster over Brian Leonard and Michael Smith.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Had 1000 yards back to back years and there was hardly a market for a RB so I think he deserves better than a 6th round comp. 1000 yard rushers don't get out on the FA market often.

4th or 5th round comp.
Ummm you realize what round the picks are is pretty much solely based on annual salary right?

10m+ = 3
6m+ = 4
4+ = 5
2+ = 6
Above min = 7

Go look it up if you don't believe me. We'll get a 4th for Landry, 5th for devito and Keller, and 6th for Greene.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Quote:
Ummm you realize what round the picks are is pretty much solely based on annual salary right?

10m+ = 3
6m+ = 4
4+ = 5
2+ = 6
Above min = 7

Go look it up if you don't believe me. We'll get a 4th for Landry, 5th for devito and Keller, and 6th for Greene.
I looked it up and you're right that salaries tend to be the big factor but playing time(Greene got more carries than he really deserved), and postseason honors factor in it too.

Housh got the Bengals a 3rd round pick comp and he signed only an 8 mill per deal in 2010 for instance.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Honestly "you have to pay him (well)" is why I didn't (for the Packers) want to trade for Ivory. I mean, even if Jonathan Franklin turns out to be terrible, he's at least cheap! You can never be sure that a player who was good for one team will actually be good for his next team, since so much in the NFL is about fit.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
I looked it up and you're right that salaries tend to be the big factor but playing time(Greene got more carries than he really deserved), and postseason honors factor in it too.

Housh got the Bengals a 3rd round pick comp and he signed only an 8 mill per deal in 2010 for instance.
The salary to round conversion was likely smaller back then. Playoff berths and playing time has a very minimal effect and if anything it dictates the order of the compensatory picks in that given round. Don't hold your breath for anything more than a 6th for Greene. I'm hoping Landry gets a 4th he's right on the edge at 6mil a year. We're most likely looking at 4,5,5,6 though.