Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-27-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
So are they gonna hype up Tommie Campbell again? Dude is never gonna get his chance.
He WILL and he will be GREAT
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Jordan Rodgers > Tyler Bray............ come at me bros
Skill...naaaahhhh

Brains...yeeeaaaahhhh
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
He WILL and he will be GREAT
I wouldn't be surprised. I just wonder what team it will be with :-/
Old 04-27-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

I watched Wooten in this year's bowl game. Reminds me of McCourty is his size and movement. Played press a lot. Like McCourty, he was in tight coverage on the WR's, but still did not always contest for the ball. An accurate pass was his enemy. Saw him take a few bad angles to the ball carrier.

I'm gonna try to watch some more of him and Blidi, but my initial impression is I like Wooten more than Blidi. I want to be able to warm up to Blidi, but damn if we don't just suck at early CB selections compared to late ones.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We brought in both Commings and Wooten who are similar players for workouts. Commings was projected to go earlier, but we passed on him in the 4th and 5th so maybe Wooten impressed the staff enough in his workout for the staff to feel comfortable to just wait and draft Wooten.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford is a nice pick, I've actually liked him for some time as a late round S prospect
Old 04-27-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know nothing about him. I'm assuming he's an in the box kind of guy. 220 pounds, 4.7 40, had a lot of tackles at Nebraska. Drafting him probably says that we see Wooten as a CB.

But overall, I'm loving this draft for the Tits!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

He's mostly an in the box, power guy. But i remember him playing at CB I think a few years ago and he looked decent.

I think that was him anyways im not 100% positive
Old 04-27-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Well I guess he's a box S that may have a future here. His stats at Nebraska look good at least.

I guess Bray and Rogers are bigger ****heads than we thought. Must be more to it than is commonly known. Are they so bad that they don't even get shots in a training camp though?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I've never understood this, as UDFAs I would sign the best players available or areas where you need more depth.

As a draft pick I can understand letting guys with character concerns fall, I understood when Blount went undrafted a few years ago, and I was so proud of the Titans for taking him (of course we screwed it up later but still)

As an UDFA there is almost no risk, why wouldn't you bring in a guy like Rogers? You know they're gonna be mad for going undrafted, if they show any attitude, any problem cut them, theres no risk
Old 04-27-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

My heart just broke a little inside, Da'Rick Rogers has signed with the Bills
Old 04-27-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
My heart just broke a little inside, Da'Rick Rogers has signed with the Bills

Bray is apparently going to piss people off in Miami.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Missed our last two picks cause I was at work.

The fact that Tyrann Mathieu can go in the 3rd Round, yet Bray and Da'Rick go undrafted, absolutely dumbfounds me. Da'Rick clowned Mathieu when Tennessee played LSU a year ago, and he had Matt Simms passing him the ball and no Hunter to take pressure off of him. And although Bray undoubtedly didn't interview well and is a knucklehead, I think he's the best arm talent in this draft. If a QB has the talent to play in the NFL, then he's 100% worth a late round pick. Mathieu not only is a massive character concern, but he's not a great physical talent. At LSU, he was a NB that was allowed to roam like Troy Polamalu, and he was able to do that because superior prospects in Morris Claiborne and Eric Reid made up for any mistakes. If LSU doesn't have that talent and Mathieu is used conventionally, then he's not the same player. It's insane that he gets a chance, but Bray and Da'Rick don't.

I was hoping Hunter could have some sway in both coming to Tennessee. The Bills fans on this forum are all amazing, so I'm happy if Da'Rick goes there. Bray going anywhere else makes me a sad panda.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm disappointed we missed out on Justin Tuggle (and worse, he went to the Texans) I thought he'd be perfect for our defense.

So far of the guys we've gotten, I've only heard of 3 of them before
Old 04-27-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a Bray fan myself, but I loved Da'Rick. There's a lot of rumored information going around on both of them right now. Supposedly coaches and teammates both held nothing back when teams asked them about those two. I have no doubts that Dooley probably fielded a ton of calls about them, and I'm sure it wasn't pretty. Also a rumor that said Bray's session on the board for one team was one of the worst he'd ever seen.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I've never really liked Bray. I'll admit, probably the best arm in the class, but that can only take you so far.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

We really missed an opportunity in the UDFA period to add size to our D-Line. We should have went all out and signed DE Lawrence Okoye 6'6" 300, DT Kwame Geathers 6'4 345 and DT TJ Barnes 6'6" 369 lol
Old 04-27-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Bray. If he has all the flaws people attribute him with, such as poor work ethic, intelligence, and attitude, and he was still able to play at the level he did, then I salivate at the thought of him working with a chip on his shoulder. The problems at UT were with the defense and coaches. Bray got too much flack for their lack of success, and if it wasn't for him and the offense, we're looking at the unquestionably worst UT teams of all time. With him at QB, at least the offense was potent and they were losing games 45-52 instead of 17-52.

He's obviously not perfect, but it's hard for me to trash him for some of the mistakes he made passing the ball. If I knew my defense was going to give up 50 points, I'd go out there and force some throws too. Add in the fact that my coaches were incompetent, and I probably wouldn't trust them to put me in the position to succeed either. I still can't believe Dooley benched Bray last season. That put me 100% behind the "Fire Dooley" movement.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

Bray is apparently going to piss people off in Miami.
It's been corrected, it looks like he's going to KC
Old 04-27-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Heck yeah, Vidae!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my favorite fullback in the draft, Ben Bartholomew, signed with the Patriots.

I actually saw him at the bar I was at last night and contemplated telling him he was the #1 fullback on my draft board. But I thought he would just think I was being a smart-ass.

I also think I saw the DC poster Hawk there, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want it to not be him and judge me on the fact that I was trying to speak with an Internet friend.

But that's neither here nor there.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I was just looking over our UDFA list, wow there's one player that I absolutely loved last season and didn't even realize he was in this years draft until we just signed him.

That player is Stefan Charles, I scouted his teammate Akiem Hicks very heavily last season and Charles always stood out on film as well. I had forgotten all about him until I just saw we signed him. He's a Dt for them at 6'5" 324 #90, he performed rather average at the canadian pro days, doing 15 bench, 5.3 40 but an amazing 37 inch vertical which shows explosion. It's pretty amazing to watch his power and how fluid of an athlete he is at that size, I really think he has a chance to contribute if we can develop him a little. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8l5wYzJKPE

And here's another video from the combine that shows him as a human being, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3fxbRJg-XY

We also signed Matt Sewell from McMaster University in Canada, he's a very athletic 6'8" 345 pound Left Tackle that could be groomed to at least hold a backup position. I know the people he played against probably weren't the best, but he looked very good on film. Athletic, nasty run blocker and good in pass protection. Good feet for a guy his size which leads me to believe he can play LT, i'm hoping we found a diamond in the rough here. If anybody wants to check him out here's a video of him, he's the LT. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJBwkFxDvRY

With some coaching, both of these guys can be steals.

Stefan Charles hardly had any coaching, and NO STRENGTH AND POSITIONING COACH. Can you imagine what he can do when we get him in an NFL strength and conditioning program? Say what you want about Lawrence Okoye, but this guy is talented and HES PLAYED FOOTBALL
Old 04-29-2013, 01:59 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
So my favorite fullback in the draft, Ben Bartholomew, signed with the Patriots.

I actually saw him at the bar I was at last night and contemplated telling him he was the #1 fullback on my draft board. But I thought he would just think I was being a smart-ass.

I also think I saw the DC poster Hawk there, but I didn't say anything because I didn't want it to not be him and judge me on the fact that I was trying to speak with an Internet friend.

But that's neither here nor there.
You should've yelled "HAWK!" and then ducked behind a table.

"HAWK!" *hides*
"HAWK DRAFTCOUNTDOWN!" *hides again*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We also signed Matt Sewell from McMaster University in Canada, he's a very athletic 6'8" 345 pound Left Tackle that could be groomed to at least hold a backup position. I know the people he played against probably weren't the best, but he looked very good on film. Athletic, nasty run blocker and good in pass protection. Good feet for a guy his size which leads me to believe he can play LT, i'm hoping we found a diamond in the rough here. If anybody wants to check him out here's a video of him, he's the LT. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJBwkFxDvRY
Yeah McMaster representin! We about to own this league now.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
I was just looking over our UDFA list, wow there's one player that I absolutely loved last season and didn't even realize he was in this years draft until we just signed him.

That player is Stefan Charles, I scouted his teammate Akiem Hicks very heavily last season and Charles always stood out on film as well. I had forgotten all about him until I just saw we signed him.
I watched that link the other day and thought I had deja vu. Took me a minute to remember Hicks and figure out I was getting the two mixed up. Didn't he end up going around the 4th round? This kid could have a shot at PS at least for now.

The big OT obviously has the size. I look forward to watching these guys in preseason. Other than that, no one from the UDFA list has me really excited for a hidden gem. But that's fine, the draft was pretty damn good!

edit : I do remember TE Jack Doyle make a catch against our very own Zaviar Gooden in the Sr Bowl. Gooden had very tight coverage from what I remember, but it was a perfect throw and catch. Think I'll try to watch more of Doyle and Wrey-Wilson at the Sr Bowl. Seems like we loved Sr Bowl guys.

Last edited by Bobo : 04-29-2013 at 10:25 AM.