Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-27-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Add Jeff Heath (S) from Saginaw Valley State. Ran a 4.4 at 210 lbs. Looks like Kiffin is getting his infusion of speed he desired.

Jakar Hamilton is reportedly garnering a good bit of interest. We had him in for one of our 30 national visits.
Man it is going to be hard for a young safety to make the team, you would think Johnson, Church, Wilcox, and Allen are locks. Only way of someone sneaking on the roster is if they can dethrone Danny McCray as one of the best special teams players on the roster and show some upside as a sub.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Man it is going to be hard for a young safety to make the team, you would think Johnson, Church, Wilcox, and Allen are locks. Only way of someone sneaking on the roster is if they can dethrone Danny McCray as one of the best special teams players on the roster and show some upside as a sub.
Agreed. Although I think if ANY of the UDFAs show promise I bet they are kept over McCray. Kiffin's 4-3 means athletic linebackers who normally are the best special teamers :)

DeCamillis is gone so McCray will have to show a ton to get the new ST in his pocket.

Also add Eric Rogers, WR, from Cal Lutheran. Garrett seems to want to churn the last couple spots on WR.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope we sign alvin bailey i think he really has a chance to be a good starting guard in the nfl
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
i hope we sign alvin bailey i think he really has a chance to be a good starting guard in the nfl
Doesn't look like that is going to happen, he apparently has a huge red flag.

Quote:
@BryanBroaddus: “@Slubes303: @BryanBroaddus Would Love To See The Boys Take A Flyer On Alvin Bailey G Arkansas. Thoughts?” Not going to happen. Not good

@BryanBroaddus: “@seagrajm: @BryanBroaddus is it medical or a personal problem?” Personal...don't want to get into it.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, I banned Drewy last night. Thoughts?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Good call...Guy was really irritating, and though waaay to highly of himself.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Magee is a keeper! Look at this little go getter... nice highlight! Our LB depth is so weak. Good to see we have some young talent without having to use a draft pick.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Brandon Magee is a keeper! Look at this little go getter... nice highlight! Our LB depth is so weak. Good to see we have some young talent without having to use a draft pick.

Rumor was the team had a mid round grade and contemplated trading back into the 7th round to get it.

I'm also interested to see Jakar Hamilton in action, split time with Rambo at Georgia before transferring out.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I know Broddus raved about him. Flys to the ball, is everywhere.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

I'm eventually going to type up my overall thoughts. Unfortunately I had to miss most of the process because of an obligation in Colorado but have been keeping track. When I get back home I'm going to re-evaluate some tape before I spout out rubbish.

Glanced back a few pages. Looks like things got a little chippy, maybe it was good that I wasn't able to jump on lol.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm eventually going to type up my overall thoughts. Unfortunately I had to miss most of the process because of an obligation in Colorado but have been keeping track. When I get back home I'm going to re-evaluate some tape before I spout out rubbish.

Glanced back a few pages. Looks like things got a little chippy, maybe it was good that I wasn't able to jump on lol.
Yeah I deleted all the nonsense. If you found anything chippy that was probably weak stuff compared to what it escalated to.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The biggest criticism was from getting fleeced by SF and taking a 2nd/3rd round guy at 31. Also if you want a TE that badly why not take the best one in the draft at 18 then an O-lineman at 47? (Fredrick would have most likely been there IMO) Not so much the players just our execution/value

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-28-2013, 12:38 AM    (permalink
JoeyHeisman
Rookie

JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's of interest and worth noting that other than Joseph Randle, there wasn't a single player taken that hadn't been at their respective program for at least 4 years. Senior-laden, experience heavy draft (with the exception of Wilcox at safety).
Old 04-28-2013, 05:23 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thank you.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:36 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was the reason I didn't come around at night during the draft. I love discussing prospects with you guys but cannot handle that holier than art attitude. Doesn't help that on top of being a narcissistic he's a condescending douche as well. Had some solid analysis at times when he wasn't abusing other posters.

As far as the draft after the low value trade, which I think the draft board forced our hand if we didn't like Floyd or Eifert, and then the slight reach IMHO with Frederick I was concerned about the rest of the draft.

Escobar didn't make me feel any better even though I thought we got good value for the luxury selection. It did give me hope that Jason has his creativity back and we'll see a ton of mismatches. Can you imagine a goal-line set with 3 TEs who are all receiving threats? Yikes. Teams will be forced to play goal-line formation only to have their linebackers turned by TEs running seams. That thought made me grin. If Garrett doesn't utilize him properly this quickly goes downhill.

LOVED the value and prospect in Terrance Williams. When Baylor needed a "Dez Bryant" on the scout team guess who they asked? Williams. Hugely productive and IMHO a lock to out-play his draft slot. Super high on this selection.

Wilcox is a project but a high ceiling one. This defense is going to be FAST. With Kiffin's scheme "easier" to learn I imagine we will ask Matt Johnson to stop up this year and Wilcox during the season. We could have a lot of speed and hitting ability in the secondary with these two patrolling.

I won't lie I fist pumped when B-dubs was selected. If he were a few inches taller he would of been a 2nd round pick. I will gladly take the feisty "undersized" cornerback as a future fixture at the nickel.

Randle was a steal. I can't say more he should not have been available. I loved Le'Veon Bell more than any other in this class but no way would I have taken him at 47 compared to Randle at 151. Immense value.

Holloman should fill in nicely as a special teamer and see spot time at SLB. Has the physical tools and instincts to be a starter there.

Overall I think we got a TON of value in the draft aside from night 1. Kiffin/Marinelli telling us early that they were satisfied with the defensive line makes me less uneasy about not taking one however it really puts me on edge that we only selected offensive lineman. Signing Claibo/Winston would erase that complaint as well.

I'd give them a B with a ton of upside.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:56 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thank god! I like having posters around who can provide solid perspectives but he got to the point of acting like he was all knowing and far too superior for this forum.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:51 AM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't see matt Johnson being a lock nor church or any of the safeties. Its going to be real interesting how it all plays out.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
U luv to waste time on low value activities.

Go play with your kids. Have a drink.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyz View Post
I don't see matt Johnson being a lock nor church or any of the safeties. Its going to be real interesting how it all plays out.
Every year, new bodies at Safety. Kind of annoying.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was the reason I stopped reading the thread for a few pages but he'll be back in a week under a new name doing the same so I doubt it'll last long.

Onto the draft I liked the 3rd day much better. I like the prospects we got at Safety and CB but we got small school high upside guys and I don't trust us developing these guys. You get guys like Wilcox(who Mayock and Kiper both absolutely love) and Webb onto teams like Baltimore or SF who bring those guys along slowly and groom them to be starters. I just don't trust us to do that, especially when we need Safety help right now.

Randle I'm not a huge fan of, but like him more then Taylor. It's good value, but we probably should have went to the well one more time on a back like Ray Graham. He'd have been great here, but the Texans picked him up.

I still want to sign Clabo, and it needs to happen like yesterday. If we miss out on a RT signing, my optimism for the season is going to tank. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I'd like Clabo and Moore both as starters still, let's just go all in on the line.

I still disagree with Terrance Williams, especially with Armstead going off the board like a pick or 2 later. We don't need a WR that early, not as good as we do with UDFA's or late rounders anyway. I'm concerned about the Safety position this year, it'll be our downfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Mel just said we could have gotten Federick in the 3rd or 4th round

At 31 if we went Safety and at 47 went Fredrick this drat would feel so much better. To take TF at 31 then see Schwenke go at 108 makes it seem even worse. IDK, I just think we panicked when all our targets were flying off the board and reached badly for an O-linemen.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He was the reason I stopped reading the thread for a few pages but he'll be back in a week under a new name doing the same so I doubt it'll last long.

Onto the draft I liked the 3rd day much better. I like the prospects we got at Safety and CB but we got small school high upside guys and I don't trust us developing these guys. You get guys like Wilcox(who Mayock and Kiper both absolutely love) and Webb onto teams like Baltimore or SF who bring those guys along slowly and groom them to be starters. I just don't trust us to do that, especially when we need Safety help right now.

Randle I'm not a huge fan of, but like him more then Taylor. It's good value, but we probably should have went to the well one more time on a back like Ray Graham. He'd have been great here, but the Texans picked him up.

I still want to sign Clabo, and it needs to happen like yesterday. If we miss out on a RT signing, my optimism for the season is going to tank. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I'd like Clabo and Moore both as starters still, let's just go all in on the line.

I still disagree with Terrance Williams, especially with Armstead going off the board like a pick or 2 later. We don't need a WR that early, not as good as we do with UDFA's or late rounders anyway. I'm concerned about the Safety position this year, it'll be our downfall.
Even with a RT our guards still suck. I dont see how Travis is going to stop the middle pressure that Romo hates when our guards are getting blown up. I agree though, we better get another RT or our season is doomed again.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should have just taken Elam/Cyprien there and still taken Wilcox later. We need an infusion of talent there anyway. Frederick would have to play out of his mind for this pick to end up looking good. Trading back once more when we were at 31 would have made me feel better about it, but it's not a surprise that we don't really understand value all that well. Unless it's a big, obvious target we usually drop the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
We should have just taken Elam/Cyprien there and still taken Wilcox later. We need an infusion of talent there anyway. Frederick would have to play out of his mind for this pick to end up looking good. Trading back once more when we were at 31 would have made me feel better about it, but it's not a surprise that we don't really understand value all that well. Unless it's a big, obvious target we usually drop the ball.
I agree 100%

Old 04-28-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Mel just said we could have gotten Federick in the 3rd or 4th round

At 31 if we went Safety and at 47 went Fredrick this drat would feel so much better. To take TF at 31 then see Schwenke go at 108 makes it seem even worse. IDK, I just think we panicked when all our targets were flying off the board and reached badly for an O-linemen.
Mel is Mel. There are a lot of different opinions out there.

Tony Pauline said...

- Last year Kevin Zeitler of Wisconsin was a surprise selection in round one when the Cincinnati Bengals tabbed him with the 27th pick. Who will be the surprise of the first frame this year? At this stage sources tell me it could be Zeitler’s former Badger teammate Travis Frederick. One general manager has referred to Frederick as the best interior run blocking line the draft has witnessed in more than a half-decade. We hear Frederick will be a tight 315-pounds for the combine. Where could he end up? Sources tell me possibly the Indianapolis Colts at pick 24 as the team needs a guard or the Atlanta Falcons at pick 30. Watch what Atlanta does in free agency. We hear the game plan is to move Peter Konz, who started at guard as a rookie last season, to center and then sign a veteran guard. If they don’t sign a veteran then Frederick could be an option.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6741