Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-28-2013, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Rcee
Rookie

Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.Rcee is a cocksman.

28) sylvester williams-DT, UNC- I like williams quite a bit and think he'll make an immediate impact. Grade: B

56) montee ball-RB, wisconsin-not a fan of ball personally, nor did I believe rb was a pressing need this early on. A lot of mileage, and a pretty uninspiring pick all around. Grade: D

90) kayvon webster- CB, USF- I like webster a lot; as a 6th rounder. like the player, hate the value. Grade:D-

146) quanterus smith- DE, western kentucky- probably my favorite pick of the draft, perfect dumervil replacement, assuming he's healthy. Grade:A

161) tavarres king- WR, georgia- solid depth pick, I dig king here. Grade:C+

173) vinston painter- OT, VT- more depth/developmental guy. Grade:C

234) zac dysert- QB, miami (oh)- only 2qbs currently under contract so this makes sense. Decent tools, great situation. Grade: C
Rcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you're being overly harsh lol. King and Painter were much better than c+ and c, such good value and very good depth with upside.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:25 AM    (permalink
f2tornado
Rookie

f2tornado hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

GREEN BAY PACKERS
1 26(26) D. Jones DE UCLA
A...Exactly what the D needed most.
2 29(61) E. Lacy RB Alabama
A-...Another position of need filled and secured by trading down.
4 12(109) D. Bakhtiari OT Colorado
B...Don't know much about this guy but a quick look suggests he's effective and versatile on the line. Rodgers just got paid so gotta keep his arse off the turf.
4 25(122) J. Tretter OG Cornell
A-...Nice smart prospect who performed well at the combine. A TE turned O-line, has a decent floor and ample room to develop more. More versatility on the line; liking the strategy.
4 28(125) J. Franklin RB UCLA
A-...Really like the value and added depth here, potentially turning position of glaring weakness into one of strength. The ground game still controls the clock and the Packers did not have it against the 49ers.
5 26(159) M. Hyde CB Iowa
B+... Hard to complain about getting the best Big 10 DB. Question is was his public intoxication just a one and done deal or not. Well worth the risk here.
5 34(167) J. Boyd DT Mississippi State
C... Production slipped in 2012. More of a line plug than anything. A decent tackle but one of those guys where you know exactly what you're getting with narrow floor and ceiling. Not feeling this pick.
6 25(193) N. Palmer LB Illinois State
I...I don't know much about this player nor have I read what the scouts have to say.
7 10(216) C. Johnson WR Grand Valley State
B+... Boom or bust guy in round 7; why not.
7 18(224) K. Dorsey WR Maryland
B... Good head on shoulders but woeful production last season, granted much a result of a crappy QB and offense in general. He's not a burner but has the frame and catching ability to have a roll if he cracks the roster. Arguably better options otherwise a grade bump.
7 26(232) S. Barrington LB South Florida
I...Another guy I'm not familiar with.

Overall; A-. This is a very solid draft for the Packers. The team had a lot of holes to fill and did what they could to get more picks in order to fill them. This was an ideal draft for the strategy. They now potentially have a bona fide ground game which I thought was the biggest weakness the past few seasons. They also land a very solid DE which was another problem area. They needed help on the O-line and grabbed a couple of versatile players. The Pack is always looking for DB depth and the best man in the Big 10 fell right in their lap. I thought the team needed another high quality receiver after losing Jennings to FA and retirement of Driver but it just wasn't on the table given so many needs elsewhere. Johnson is an intriguing receiver grabbed late and Dorsey has the potential to be a possession receiver. Not bad for the 7th round and I can see why Ted Thompson was banking a bunch of very late picks. 7th round picks generally don't light the world on fire but this draft may be different given the overall depth, particularly at the receiving position.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

14. Star Lotulelei- A+
Both my number one overall player and my number one choice for the Panthers, and we got him in the middle of the first round.

44. Kawann Short- B+
While we did take Star, Dwan Edwards may have come off his best season ever but at the same time will b 32 years old. Admittedly a receiver would have been preferable, but I'm guessing with the likes of Hopkins, Hunter, Woods off the board, the staff didn't prefer the remaining options (surprising with Allen still there). Regardless, an interior tandem of Star and Short should make our line among the best in the league, and huge change from the past few years.

108. Edmund Kugbila- C?
Honestly, I know absolutely nothing about this player, hadn't even heard his name until we took him. Looks like he's a potential pick at a position of need, but we also may have snagged him up earlier than necessary.

148. AJ Klein- C+
Depth pick, which considering Thomas Davis' age and Beason's questionable recover from injury may have an increased value. Good talent late who will certainly play hard and fast, but at the same time with Kuechly in the middle, not my first choice.

182. Kenjon Barner- B-
Another depth pick, although this one signals to me that DeAngelo and his contract won't be around much longer. We needed someone much cheaper to compliment Stewart, I think Barner can actually do it.

Overall: B

The first two days were great for us, it was the third that was questionable. I don't know anything about Kugbila so I can't comment there, but linebacker and running back are some of the strongest positions on the team already. Drafting players there left me scratching my head at first. But there does seem to be a method to the madness. Gettleman has claimed to be targeting both the BPA and to build for the long-term, which those picks accomplish. By taking Klein and Barner, we are better positioning ourselves to offload some major contracts such as Beason's and DeAngelo's. I still would have personally taken players at other positions, but I can see the logic. Regardless, questionable fifth and sixth round picks don't outweigh the immense upgrade Star and Short will present.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 04-28-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked your guys' draft (Carolina's) a lot. You hit on a huge need plaguing the team for a long time. I think you need to get some outside help at the WR position for Cam because Steve Smith cannot do it forever. I think the two DTs compliment each other really well. Star can be your block occupier and run stuffer, Short can do that but is great at shedding blocks and providing some interior pass rush too.

If you guys do that and keep on adding quality players you will have a chance to really take it to the next level in a year or two.

If Cam starts off like he finished the last half of the season you guys will have a great chance to make the playoffs.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I see ratings laced with A's and B's, I know the grader hasn't a clue, teams are lucky if they get one of each, after that, the rest will be lucky to contribute on special teams and will be out of the league in 2 or 3 years.
Toss in a couple of C's, and you pretty well have every team's ratings except the group who drafted top 10 or had multiple picks.
I love it when prospects who get drafted in the 20's and later, get an A+ after how many GM's passed on their talent.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
When I see ratings laced with A's and B's, I know the grader hasn't a clue, teams are lucky if they get one of each, after that, the rest will be lucky to contribute on special teams and will be out of the league in 2 or 3 years.
Toss in a couple of C's, and you pretty well have every team's ratings except the group who drafted top 10 or had multiple picks.
I love it when prospects who get drafted in the 20's and later, get an A+ after how many GM's passed on their talent.
I mean, it's all subjective man. Plenty of players who are taken in the 20s or later work out and become great players.

And what constitutes an A or B in the later round may be very different than in the first. An A/B rated guy taken in the 6th or 7th might be someone with high upside or will become a solid starter, which is fantastic at that point in the draft. Heck, even guys who become good contributors on special teams or good depth should be considered a great pick.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:18 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
C+ for the saints
to expand on that just a little bit

1(15) Kenny Vaccaro, grade F. Kenny Vaccaro has a strong case of being the most overrated player in this draft as he was a suspect tackler and persistent in taking bad angles. His skills in man coverage are above average but his judgment of plays when playing deep is just flat out bad. To me Vaccaro is closer to the 15th ranked safety in this class instead of the 15th ranked prospect. He was also picked to facilitate cap management next year which is never a good thing. Safety was somewhat of a need but far from the saints biggest, the fit is not ideal given what Ryan likes to do and the value is outright shocking. Indefensible pick if you ask me.

3(75) Terron Armstead, grade A. Tremendous athletic tackle who fits exactly what the saints can use. someone athletic enough to keep brees clean for a good bit even when his contribution in the running game will be mediocre. Could be pushed to play earlier than he should given the saints roster but good value, good needwise and a great fit.

3(82) John Jenkins, grade A-. The minus is because of the trade that i didnt really like. This draft had amazing depth into the fourth round so swapping to prospects for one was a mistake in my opinion. Given that mistake i do really like the pick however. a really good prospect for the nose position in a 3-4 that likes to play more attacking than most noses his size do. Id still rather have William Gholston and Barrett Jones both than only Jenkins though.

5(144) Kenny Stills, grade C. A physically gifted prospect that never really lived up to his potential in a receiver friendly offense. He is a bit of a boom or bust prospect but not a guy i want in my lockerroom. A bit of a diva (not only because he looks ridiculous in a dress) and quite frankly if we wanted to go boom or bust receiver id much rather have taken a similarly difficult character in marquess wilson in the sixth who has legit #1 potential than a guy who can easily bust but whose upside is more like a solid, acceptable number 2.

6(183) Rufus Johnson, grade B-/C+. Im not gonna act like i can legitimately judge this pick as i had not only never heard of the prospect, i had never heard of Tarleton State university. The guy is supposed to be a pass rushing olb in our 3-4 but who can really say at this point.

Overall needs met: C. The biggest need going into the draft was quite clearly pass rush yet the staff decided to rely on a sixth round D2 rookie who has never seen anything near a NFL talent prospect in his career and a UDFA in chase thomas (whom i actually really happy about), this was a criminal flaw in the draft. A second aspect here is that the team once again surrendered picks instead of acquiring them in a situation where the team needed a lot of new blood.

Overall Value: C+. Vaccaro totally screws up the overall value but the two third rounders lift this to a passing grade. nothing special though as a whole as the last two picks were certainly not really good value although one might argue that stills was acceptable value

Overall Fit: B. I dont see Vaccaro fitting nice into what Ryan usually does. He would need Vaccaro to play to his weaknesses (playing deep, solid tackling, good angles) and quite frankly he is too similar to jenkins (poor tackler, decent in man coverage for a safety, bad angles, lacks top speed) so that they are not really complimentary. Armstead is about a custom designed saints mid round OLine pick. Jenkins is a perfect fit for what Ryan customarily asks his nose to do and saints have always thrived with just another guy receivers which stills could very well become.

Overall this leads to about C+ (B- if you also considered the UDFAs with Kevin Reddick, Chase Thomas and Ryan Griffin among others). That being said the ceiling of your grade kinda collapses if you tank on the high first rounder and have no second rounder

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:01 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The draft is about value. If you get what you feel is a top 10 player in the second round, that is an A+ pick; you just made your second round pick as valuable as a top ten pick.

If i'm grading a pick as an A+ it's because with what they had on the board, I think they made the perfect choice.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
to expand on that just a little bit

1(15) Kenny Vaccaro, grade F. Kenny Vaccaro has a strong case of being the most overrated player in this draft as he was a suspect tackler and persistent in taking bad angles. His skills in man coverage are above average but his judgment of plays when playing deep is just flat out bad. To me Vaccaro is closer to the 15th ranked safety in this class instead of the 15th ranked prospect. He was also picked to facilitate cap management next year which is never a good thing. Safety was somewhat of a need but far from the saints biggest, the fit is not ideal given what Ryan likes to do and the value is outright shocking. Indefensible pick if you ask me.

3(75) Terron Armstead, grade A. Tremendous athletic tackle who fits exactly what the saints can use. someone athletic enough to keep brees clean for a good bit even when his contribution in the running game will be mediocre. Could be pushed to play earlier than he should given the saints roster but good value, good needwise and a great fit.

3(82) John Jenkins, grade A-. The minus is because of the trade that i didnt really like. This draft had amazing depth into the fourth round so swapping to prospects for one was a mistake in my opinion. Given that mistake i do really like the pick however. a really good prospect for the nose position in a 3-4 that likes to play more attacking than most noses his size do. Id still rather have William Gholston and Barrett Jones both than only Jenkins though.

5(144) Kenny Stills, grade C. A physically gifted prospect that never really lived up to his potential in a receiver friendly offense. He is a bit of a boom or bust prospect but not a guy i want in my lockerroom. A bit of a diva (not only because he looks ridiculous in a dress) and quite frankly if we wanted to go boom or bust receiver id much rather have taken a similarly difficult character in marquess wilson in the sixth who has legit #1 potential than a guy who can easily bust but whose upside is more like a solid, acceptable number 2.

6(183) Rufus Johnson, grade B-/C+. Im not gonna act like i can legitimately judge this pick as i had not only never heard of the prospect, i had never heard of Tarleton State university. The guy is supposed to be a pass rushing olb in our 3-4 but who can really say at this point.

Overall needs met: C. The biggest need going into the draft was quite clearly pass rush yet the staff decided to rely on a sixth round D2 rookie who has never seen anything near a NFL talent prospect in his career and a UDFA in chase thomas (whom i actually really happy about), this was a criminal flaw in the draft. A second aspect here is that the team once again surrendered picks instead of acquiring them in a situation where the team needed a lot of new blood.

Overall Value: C+. Vaccaro totally screws up the overall value but the two third rounders lift this to a passing grade. nothing special though as a whole as the last two picks were certainly not really good value although one might argue that stills was acceptable value

Overall Fit: B. I dont see Vaccaro fitting nice into what Ryan usually does. He would need Vaccaro to play to his weaknesses (playing deep, solid tackling, good angles) and quite frankly he is too similar to jenkins (poor tackler, decent in man coverage for a safety, bad angles, lacks top speed) so that they are not really complimentary. Armstead is about a custom designed saints mid round OLine pick. Jenkins is a perfect fit for what Ryan customarily asks his nose to do and saints have always thrived with just another guy receivers which stills could very well become.

Overall this leads to about C+ (B- if you also considered the UDFAs with Kevin Reddick, Chase Thomas and Ryan Griffin among others). That being said the ceiling of your grade kinda collapses if you tank on the high first rounder and have no second rounder
Lol @ Vaccaro being an F. Decent value and a big need is clearly an F. I think the saints had one of the best drafts out of anybody. Did Vaccaro piss in your cereal?
Old 04-28-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

I thought Vaccaro was a bad pick also with what the Saints could of had there. Glad they didn't take Floyd or Jones. I wouldn't give it an F though, C-.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can you grade a draft when none of the players have played a down in the NFL?
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
How can you grade a draft when none of the players have played a down in the NFL?
Didn't you get your official SWDC crystal ball?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You grade how good you THINK the draft was. It's called an opinion.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't follow college football at all the last couple years, and I did zero reading for the draft this year. Before the draft the only guy Seattle drafted that I had heard of was Christine Michael, because a few weeks ago he had a bunch of tweets saying how badly he wanted the Seahawks to draft him.

After doing a bit of reading, I think Michael, Jordan Hill, Jesse Williams, Chris Harper, Tharold Simon, Luke Willson and Ty Powell have a good chance to become solid starters/rotational guys at their positions. The rest will most likely flame out or be special teamers.

So my completely uneducated grade of the Seahawks draft is: B
Old 04-28-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go with a B- for the Dolphins. LOVED the Dion Jordan and Jamar Taylor picks. The rest was just filling needs with solid players, nothing too exciting after the first two rounds.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not gonna assign a letter grade for our picks, I'll just say that I really like the players we took. If I were, I'd probably drop us either a letter grade or half of one for giving up a 3rd next year to move up. That said, I absolutely LOVE that we moved up and LOVE that it was for Hunter. I just think we gave up too much to do it. I am very pleased with the resources we put into rebuilding the interior of our offensive line, and if Jake Locker doesn't succeed, then it isn't because we didn't try to surround him with good players.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even after the draft is over, I still think the Star pick is probably my favorite. Top 5 player falling to 14 that just so happens to fill the teams biggest need? They've needed that interior guy since Kris Jenkins left. I'm psyched to watch that D next year. With Star and Short, it could be really strong.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I think the Bucs had a solid draft, unspectacular draft.

Obviously Revis is a huge part of how this draft will be viewed in the future, but I don't really want to go into that. Johnathan Banks in the 2nd is a solid pick. Will hopefully battle Eric Wright for the starting spot, and if he loses that battle he should at least beat out Leonard Johnson for nickel back. Mike Glennon in the 3rd is easily the most polarizing pick. Bucs need competition at QB and an upgrade at back-up and Glennon gives us a very similar transition skill-set wise if Freeman goes down. He fits the system better than any available QB. Akiem Spence in the 4th is a guy I think we want to win the starting NT job in training camp. Seems like he might have some potential as a run stopper, but I don't expect much pass rush. William Gholston and Steve Means will both line up as defensive ends (Gholston will probably kick inside on 3rd down) and we really needed some mid round depth at the position. Clayborn/Bowers are injury concerns and Teo'Nesheim isn't suited for a starting role. Mike James out of Miami in the 6th is a meh pick. I doubt he makes the roster over Brian Leonard and Michael Smith.
I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with every comment.

My biggest concerns were:

Why not trade down for Glennon when there were ZERO teams between where they selected until the end of the round before compensatory selections started that needed a QB?

Then they talked about wanting to get more pass rush our of the NT position and they selected Hicks, who had 3 career sacks on a line that boasted the likes of Whitney Mercilius, Michael Buchanan, and others (i.e. saw no double teams).

Then they selected Steven Means in round 5... when they realistically chould have traded back into round 7 and landed him.
Then they started wheeling and dealing, giving up picks, moving up and down... and selected RB Mike James, who also could've likely been had in round 7. James is definitely MEH, but he can play FB, catch, gain the yards that are there, he's like a younger version of Brian Leonard. He COULD make the team. Personally, I'm rooting for Michael Smith to be the main backup.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Lol @ Vaccaro being an F. Decent value and a big need is clearly an F. I think the saints had one of the best drafts out of anybody. Did Vaccaro piss in your cereal?
As a Bucs fan I definitely breathed a sigh of relief when the Saints took Vaccaro.

When the Jets took Richardson one spot ahead of the Panthers I was definitely happy as well.

When Trufant was picked up by the Falcons I grimaced in pain. I don't want to see that guy twice a year.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
f2tornado
Rookie

f2tornado hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, it's all subjective man. Plenty of players who are taken in the 20s or later work out and become great players.

And what constitutes an A or B in the later round may be very different than in the first. An A/B rated guy taken in the 6th or 7th might be someone with high upside or will become a solid starter, which is fantastic at that point in the draft. Heck, even guys who become good contributors on special teams or good depth should be considered a great pick.
This. I look for immediate impact to get an A in first couple rounds then gradually transition to value/upside. It's all subjective. A number of teams seemed to really nail it this year so I have no qualms seeing a bunch of As and Bs. I'm sure the Cowboys fans have some Ds to give while Jets fans are gonna be all over the map on Geno.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted this elsewhere, but it is worth repeating, I hope.

My quick take

Round 1, Pick 1 (1) Eric Fisher OT 6'7" 306 Central Michigan 94.0 B
With the first overall pick, you better rate well everywhere. I am a believer in drafting players where a need is a year or two away. More on that with Knile Davis. They sat by the phone, but no one wanted this pick. Good player, but not, quite, worth his slot.

Round 3, Pick 1 (63) Travis Kelce TE 6'5" 255 Cincinnati 80.0 B+
What everyone is overlooking about Kelce is the blocking. He is the only complete TE in the draft. Having Kelce and Moeaki in Goal line situation will be a big plus. Good versatility and durable so far. He would ahve gone higher without the character questions. Valuewise, there is a big drop to the next TE taken.

Round 3, Pick 34 (96) Knile Davis RB 5'10" 227 Arkansas 60.4 B+
This pick has been panned, but do not forget it is a supplemental pick, close to #100. Davis is a bruiser, in contrast to JC's electricty, but deserves mention in the same class of athleticism. He was much better thought of as a soph than he is now and a better athlete than football player. Issues with consistency, technique a are coachable. Durability issues are less responsive, but strength and fitness may have an impact.

Davis is a dice roll, but something like this needed to happen. JC has serious mileage build up issues. One year is all you expect, and a healthy full season is too much to ask. The other RB on the roster are not just role players, they have small roles. Davis has the upside to eventually replace JC. Unfortunately, no one would be shocked to see him cut during camp.

Round 4, Pick 2 (99) Nico Johnson ILB 6'2" 248 Alabama 64.7 B
What a difference three picks makes. Davis is a day 2 reach and Johnson is a day 3 find. In contrast to Davis, who has a lot of upside, Johnson is a known quantity. He's a two down thumper, which has been a weakness of the defense for years. Top grade role player, but he is a role player.

Round 5, Pick 1 (134) Sanders Commings CB 6'0" 216 Georgia 68.5 B+
Another dice roll, but for lower cost, with nice upside. It is doubtful he can play CB in the NFL, but he is a perfect candidate for FS conversion. The FO likes to take mid round DB. Sooner or later they will hit one big. Cummings won't hurt on ST.

Round 6, Pick 2 (170) Eric Kush C 6'4" 305 California (PA) 52.6 C
All I can say is he looks the part. I have nothing. Small conference interior OL who might play anywhere but tackle.

Round 6, Pick 36 (204) Braden Wilson FB 6'3" 251 Kansas St. 59.0 B
What do you want after pick #200? Everything is bit parts and gambling at this point. This pick is could be obvious, ie a FB, or a position conversion. If he is being drafted to play FB, this is about the right area. He has been a quality blocking back and is very athletic, but he is no threat to run and marginal as a receiver. Could be an impact ST player.

Round 7, Pick 1 (207) Mike Catapano DE 6'3" 271 Princeton 52.9 B
He has outstanding workout numbers and the bulk to play DE in a 3-4 or inside in a 4-3.

As a group. OL was a potential major issue, particularly if Branden Albert was traded. His play regressed badly after Waters left, which raises the question of how much of his success was Waters covering his weaknesses. With Fisher and Richardson, the Chiefs appear to be settled for the next several years. Kelce will impact here. He is potentially an elite in line blocker. Kush was a reach IMO, but the OL has good depth now.

RB has been JC and a cast of salvaged parts. Davis is perfect as a different look, with the potential to be featured, if he can stay healthy. This move was overdue.

Defensively the thin points were ILB and FS. Johnson and Sanders address that. Depth at DE took a hit. Ctapono could make the rotation as a run stuffer. At times in 2011 this was one of the best defenses in the NFL. Brandon Carr was badly missed, but that position was addressed in free agency.

Except QB, every "need" was addressed, sometimes with multiple players. The draft is a stark contrast to the Haley/Pioli drafts in terms of physical profile. H/P went with smaller, more athletic players, often tweeners. Dorsey/Reid went for size. However, there is athleticism. Knile Davis is a rare athlete. Kelce is faster than you expect from a blocking TE. Even Fisher has upside due to untapped athleticism.

The draft looks need driven and safe. The only significant gamble is on Knile Davis, who could be Pro Bowl or he could wash out completely.

Final grade B for boring, but safe.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you misunderstand how most people rank their selections
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Even after the draft is over, I still think the Star pick is probably my favorite. Top 5 player falling to 14 that just so happens to fill the teams biggest need? They've needed that interior guy since Kris Jenkins left. I'm psyched to watch that D next year. With Star and Short, it could be really strong.
You guys finally found your QB and signed Tyler Bray !Things are looking up man.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
nope, he just blows

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote