Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 04-29-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We aren't the only ones that didn't take a shot at Rogers though. Obviously there is a reason.

I don't believe for a second that they stuck to their board and picked BPAs. It was pretty clear which were the positions of need and that's where they concentrated.

Even if this draft doesn't produce Pro-Bowlers but gives us multiple solid starters, I'll take it.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Hughes traded to the Bills for ILB Kelvin Sheppard. What a waste of a pick. Thanks again Polian.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you and I traded Hughes to Bills in our Forum Mock last year.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Jerry Hughes traded to the Bills for ILB Kelvin Sheppard. What a waste of a pick. Thanks again Polian.
Great Trade IMO

Sig by Stephenson86
redviper311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay Hughes is gone. What a waste of a pick he was. Anyone know anything about Kelvin Sheppard?
pattonsc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Sounds like a solid rotational guy. We already have 3 guys, now it's even more depth.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pattonsc88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we got rid of an underachieving player, and increased our depth at ILB. Sounds like a good trade to me.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd agree with Max, they targeted areas of needs more than BPA. Werner may never be a pro-bowl caliber player but the should be above average starter after a year of sharing time with Walden. Crap, I hope he beats out Walden this year!

Premature draft needs for the 2014 off season.:

WR - Next year we'll need to draft someone to learn under Reggie for a few years and eventually replace him. DHB may/may not work out for us and even if he does we'll still need depth. I can't say I blame Grigson for not drafting one this year. I liked Hopkins but there should be decent talent next year too.

CB - Area that could have been addressed this draft but was skipped over entirely. The contract that Davis has expires and Toler has injury history. Butler is ok as a nickel or dime corner but don't want to count on him as a full time starter. Vaughn and

RB - Brown is in his last year and hasn't lived up to a 1st round pick label. Ballard's level is pointing up but I'm not coninced he's much more than average or slightly above. Williams might be ok for a 3rd down back by next year. I doubt if Carter is retained after the season. This offense with an above average RB + Ballard as a 1A + Williams as a 3rd down/pass catcher would be pretty wicked.

FS - Bethea's contract expires after this season and there is currently no one on the roster who's played well enough yet in the league to convince me of being a starter.

OLB - Mathis isn't getting younger and even as well as he's adjusted to playing 3-4 OLB, we could use an upgrade to pair with Werner going forward. Can never have too many pass rushers.

ILB - Angerer's contract is up after the season and Freeman has played above average. I'm ok with him being one starter going forward. Sheppard was added in a trade from the Bills but looks to be more depth than starter. We could use an upgrade in talent opposite of Freeman.

Some late round picks could go towards o-line depth at the tackle position as well as the D-line.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Draft

Although not very flashy, I think we had a nice draft. Werner,Thorton, and Holmes could all start very early on. Hughes is a boom bust prospect no doubt but I like his upside. I think Williams has a good shot at stealing carries away from Donald Brown as the season progresses as well. UDFA Cleary was a nice grab and I'd be shocked if he didn't make our roster. I like the WR from Stanford to make the roster as well.
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Wasn't real thrilled with the trade today. I thought Hughes finally made some strides last year as a pass rusher. Four sacks isn't screaming pro bowl but we need all the pass rushers we can get. I think Werner will be really good as a rush OLB in our scheme but the more pass rushers the merrier. Sheppard does have a lot of playing time under his belt in his two years in Buffalo but the scouting reports on him weren't very encouraging. Atleast he will provide depth.
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just traded Shipley to the Ravens for an undisclosed pick. I am not happy about it. We're stuck with Satele starting and a 4th round rookie or Mike McGlynn backing him up.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-09-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I don't think I can take another year of Satele starting.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I think he'll be a bit better just because he will have competent guards around him but he's just not a long-term starter. I think Shipley could've really developed into something with Luck. Really not a smart move IMO.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-09-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have the rookies had a mini camp yet? I like to think that Holmes was impressive enough as a rookie. Then Grigs realized he'd need to cut Satele or Shipley and was able to get a draft pick for Shipley.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Have the rookies had a mini camp yet? I like to think that Holmes was impressive enough as a rookie. Then Grigs realized he'd need to cut Satele or Shipley and was able to get a draft pick for Shipley.
If this is the case then I'm ok with the logic behind it. Shipley played better than Samson but it wasn't a world beater of a line with AJ in. It was just improved. I think after last season I and perhaps several of us didn't think AJ could be a LTS but could be suitable for a year or so. Holmes better pan out or Grigs is going to have a mess to clean up.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like this not because Satele is going to start but because if someone goes down we don't have a competent backup.

EDIT: Not that I think Satele is a starter, but I think they recognize he isn't because they drafted Holmes. Either way Luck will get it done with the better line this year even if Satele is in.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:49 AM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redviper311 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts Rookie Camp Day One excerpt:

Pagano was like all camp observers, witnessing a mobile Werner for the duration of the day.

(Hes) what we thought, probably a little better, said Pagano. Hes in great shape. Hes a really athletic football player. Hes got first-step explosiveness.

All the things we saw on the tape, up close and personal now, its even more impressive. Hes a really bright guy. He understands and gets football.

Follow the link below for the rest of the article on Colts.com:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/...7-e8141c187a79

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 05-11-2013, 07:10 AM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

I know most in Colt Nation has a bad taste in their mouths about the A.Q. Shipley trade to the Ravens. Brad Wells over at Stampede Blue is fuming that the Colts will only get A 7th Round pick if A.Q. Shipley makes the Ravens roster. Now I like this trade. We get a 7th if he makes the roster, so we grabbed him off a practice squad last season and gave nothing for him and your going to give me a 7th for a Center that I fell is a just a soild back up. SOLD!!!

Instead of make a knee jerk reaction to the trade and listen to Brad Well's tirade I chose to due my due diligence and watch film on Holmes his Jr and Sr years at USC. What I saw on tape is that Holmes is a smart and very good center. His Jr year was really impressive considering he played at the guard position is So yr. 2012 he played hurt and it showed on tape, but was still good. Sure he needs a little work, but that is what a good O-line coach is for. If he would have came out after his Jr yr I feel he would have went in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft instead of the 4th. I personal feel we got a steal with Holmes in the 4th and that he is franchise Center for the Colts for years to come, but only time will tell.

Excerpt from another article from Colts.com: http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/...5-b3a262674920

With the trade of A.Q. Shipley earlier in the week, there are valuable reps to be had at the center position and the leadership of Holmes was evident early on Friday.

“The guy is brilliant, very sharp, very bright, makes all the calls,” Pagano said of the USC center.

“He picked up (things fast). It seems like he’s been here months the way he operated out here. He had that aura about him. He’s a very, very confident kid. I was very impressed with Khaled.”

Thornton and Holmes will be involved in a new offensive scheme this season with offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton brining in one of college football’s most balanced attacks.

The offensive line has received a lot of attention in the offseason but thanks to a pair of draft picks in the trenches, the coaching staff is liking what they are seeing up front.

“I feel great about the offensive line and where we are at,” Pagano said. “We are still going to be a power-run team and try to get ourselves in third-and-manageable. You’ve got to run the football, but we are still going to take our shots down field.”

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 05-12-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
redviper311
Rookie

Default Colts Make Roster Move

Colts Make Roster Move following the 3-day Rookie camp. The Colts signed CB Allen Chapman (5'11"/176lbs) and waived UDFA CB Nigel Malone. In Chapman's two seasons at K-State he totaled 107 tackles, six INTs (5 in which came during his Sr season), and 15 passes defensed.

Sig by Stephenson86
Old 05-28-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Top 25 Indianapolis Colts. (Indy only clearly)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-colts-history

Some of the names on the list make me cringe (June, Vanderjagt and even Smith).

Jeff Herrod, Ellis Johnson and Jason Belser (although mostly played on bad teams) had good careers with Indy. Antoine Bethea also has already played long enough to be considered among the best Indy players imo.

Top 8 is pretty clear (maybe a different order) but after that it can go a lot of ways.

I would put "Captain Comeback" higher, but I'm biased. I would also put Bob Sanders higher. Both had short Colts' careers, but very memorable.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glenn should have been higher IMO, great LT.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

Wow that list made me nostalgic. Personally I think Edge should be higher but otherwise looks pretty good.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

There is no question that Edge would have been higher if it wasn't for that KC injury.

He lost his speed after and yet was still productive.

His balance was one of the best I've ever seen.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
pattonsc88
Rookie

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ee-to-contract

According to NFL.com Ahmad Bradshaw signs a 1 year deal with the Colts. Personally I think this is an excellent signing that combined with a hopefully improved line will drastically improve the run game next season, and hopefully be able to give Luck some help.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yeah, not a bad deal.