Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-28-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
nope, he just blows
Genius insight. The consensus top safety in the draft and you shut all that down with this amazing new perspective.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Genius insight. The consensus top safety in the draft and you shut all that down with this amazing new perspective.
Quote:
1(15) Kenny Vaccaro, grade F. Kenny Vaccaro has a strong case of being the most overrated player in this draft as he was a suspect tackler and persistent in taking bad angles. His skills in man coverage are above average but his judgment of plays when playing deep is just flat out bad. To me Vaccaro is closer to the 15th ranked safety in this class instead of the 15th ranked prospect. He was also picked to facilitate cap management next year which is never a good thing. Safety was somewhat of a need but far from the saints biggest, the fit is not ideal given what Ryan likes to do and the value is outright shocking. Indefensible pick if you ask me.
Would help if you learnt how to read, Robcards.

All of what he said that I highlighted is true. Vaccaro sucks.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Would help if you learnt how to read, Robcards.

All of what he said that I highlighted is true. Vaccaro sucks.
Would love to see what games he watched to gather that intel. He looked great in the youtubes I watched. I really wanted the Jets to get him or Reid. Cyprien is a far worse tackler than Vaccaro so his point makes no sense. Eric Reid takes better angles though I'll give that much.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
If you think the first 3 picks were great, yet you somehow only give the draft a C, you need to change your grading system.

If the Bears had drafted Arthur Brown in the first and Kyle Long in the second, I would have given their draft an A. So it's hard for me to give them a terribly bad grade for getting Long and passing on Brown for another linebacker when pretty much every other team did the same. And I thought their day 3 was awesome. B-/C+ area.
why? i think Gettleman decided thursday night he was taking Kawaan which is fine and stacks the DT position, something the panthers needed. but the last 2 picks in my eyes are awful picks. the panthers have to be the only organization that drafts a LB or RB in just about every draft. but i give thursday and friday i give As, while Sat i give a -D or D. the Edmunds pick helped the grade.

you have a major need at WR and most teams build around their QB but this team decided not bring in a WR. on top of that you have 5 WRs in contract years but still no WRs were brought in.that is a huge problem.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, a lot of draftniks must be college professors man...nobody get As. I give the Rams an A.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
14. Star Lotulelei- A+
Both my number one overall player and my number one choice for the Panthers, and we got him in the middle of the first round.

44. Kawann Short- B+
While we did take Star, Dwan Edwards may have come off his best season ever but at the same time will b 32 years old. Admittedly a receiver would have been preferable, but I'm guessing with the likes of Hopkins, Hunter, Woods off the board, the staff didn't prefer the remaining options (surprising with Allen still there). Regardless, an interior tandem of Star and Short should make our line among the best in the league, and huge change from the past few years.

108. Edmund Kugbila- C?
Honestly, I know absolutely nothing about this player, hadn't even heard his name until we took him. Looks like he's a potential pick at a position of need, but we also may have snagged him up earlier than necessary.

148. AJ Klein- C+
Depth pick, which considering Thomas Davis' age and Beason's questionable recover from injury may have an increased value. Good talent late who will certainly play hard and fast, but at the same time with Kuechly in the middle, not my first choice.

182. Kenjon Barner- B-
Another depth pick, although this one signals to me that DeAngelo and his contract won't be around much longer. We needed someone much cheaper to compliment Stewart, I think Barner can actually do it.

Overall: B

The first two days were great for us, it was the third that was questionable. I don't know anything about Kugbila so I can't comment there, but linebacker and running back are some of the strongest positions on the team already. Drafting players there left me scratching my head at first. But there does seem to be a method to the madness. Gettleman has claimed to be targeting both the BPA and to build for the long-term, which those picks accomplish. By taking Klein and Barner, we are better positioning ourselves to offload some major contracts such as Beason's and DeAngelo's. I still would have personally taken players at other positions, but I can see the logic. Regardless, questionable fifth and sixth round picks don't outweigh the immense upgrade Star and Short will present.
i understand the furture or long term view (to a certain point)but why not bring in another WR threat that can get vertical up the field? #89 is 34, and you have 5 WRs going into contract years. the logic is bad also considering the 2 positions are the 2 easiest to fill in my eyes withplug and play guys. we where set at both spots with offloading #52 and #34 contracts before the draft. very Marty Hurney 3rd day.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Would love to see what games he watched to gather that intel. He looked great in the youtubes I watched. I really wanted the Jets to get him or Reid. Cyprien is a far worse tackler than Vaccaro so his point makes no sense. Eric Reid takes better angles though I'll give that much.
This season i watched, KSU, WVU, OU and Oregon State this season in its entirety. He was an awful tackler in the Oregon State and OU games, took horrendous angles pretty much consistently. He was pretty much undraftable if you would base it on those games. He was better in the other two but still far from anything reid or cyprien ever have shown for instance and im not a big fan of those guys either.

Also saw a ton of highlights and full games in previous seasons.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
This season i watched, KSU, WVU, OU and Oregon State this season in its entirety. He was an awful tackler in the Oregon State and OU games, took horrendous angles pretty much consistently. He was pretty much undraftable if you would base it on those games. He was better in the other two but still far from anything reid or cyprien ever have shown for instance and im not a big fan of those guys either.

Still think you're being incredibly harsh on him and focusing on negatives in a vacuum. How does his tackling and pursuit angles compare to other safeties? In general free safeties aren't known to be good tacklers... even Ed Reed misses a ton of tackles.

Vaccaro's pass coverage is amazing and his tackling is a lot better than most of the safeties coming out. From the sounds of it, you'd prefer a safety like Eric Reid who is better against the run, but depending on the scheme Vaccaro is for the most part the best safety in the class.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[QUOTE=BallerT1215;3350235]Between Lacy and Franklin, one will turn out to be a solid NFL starter so definitely worth being happy over.[/quote]

Thought the Packers just improved that running game many times over

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
I didn't follow college football at all the last couple years, and I did zero reading for the draft this year. Before the draft the only guy Seattle drafted that I had heard of was Christine Michael, because a few weeks ago he had a bunch of tweets saying how badly he wanted the Seahawks to draft him.

Liked getting Jesse Williams to add some help up front and thought it was good to add some O-line depth later

After doing a bit of reading, I think Michael, Jordan Hill, Jesse Williams, Chris Harper, Tharold Simon, Luke Willson and Ty Powell have a good chance to become solid starters/rotational guys at their positions. The rest will most likely flame out or be special teamers.

So my completely uneducated grade of the Seahawks draft is: B

Quote:

I agree with you that your grade goes up by signing a couple those FA LBs after the draft
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but SF can just put Lattimore on the IR all year and free up a roster space correct? So he'd just be able to rehab and practice if that was the case? If that is the case, seems like the most logical thing to do. I'm not really a fan of his returning to pre-injury form but if they put 100% focus on rehab for 2 years it's probably his best shot to do it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but SF can just put Lattimore on the IR all year and free up a roster space correct? So he'd just be able to rehab and practice if that was the case? If that is the case, seems like the most logical thing to do. I'm not really a fan of his returning to pre-injury form but if they put 100% focus on rehab for 2 years it's probably his best shot to do it there.
I believe they can, yes. And while I know Lattimore wants to play this year, that'd be the ideal situation for both sides, IMO.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously all grades are incomplete, pure guesses.
Each GM would give his team an A because they got the guys they wanted.
But they end up being some A's, B's, C's, D's, and F's. They get fired for their drafts in the end.

For the Packers, I can't pretend do know much about some of these guys who were never even televised.
Two longshot WR's, two projects on the OL, and LB..... if one or two of those guys can play, great.

But adding Datone Jones, Eddie Lacy, and Johnathan Franklin makes this draft at least about a B/B+ in my opinion.
I didn't know who I wanted with our first RB pick, Lacy or Franklin, and we ended up with both, plus Datone Jones.

Jones is exactly what this defense needed. Getting last year's #1 pick back, Nick Perry, combined with Datone Jones, should be a new defense. When they're healthy out there.

I love Franklin, feel if he had done what he did in the spotlight of the SEC, he'd have been the 1st RB off the board. The guy is tremendous. He carved up Stanford, and USC for a combined 370 yards and 4 TD's last season.
He can catch, run routes. He reminds me a lot of Marshall Faulk coming out of San Diego State back in the day, great receiver, good not great speed. And smart, good football intelligence.

I just wish that we would have taken the kicker instead of both of those project WR's.
Our kicker sucks.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Star - A
Kawann - A
Rando Turd from DII - D-
Klein - D+
Barner - C+

Overall grade: C+ Big hits in the first two rounds but the rest of the draft was a disaster
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I believe they can place Lattimore on the Non-Football-related Injury list which will allow him to fully participate with the team and use all of its facilities yet he won't count towards the roster.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Steelers:

1. OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia - A+
I absolutely love this pick, he was one of the guys I would have loved for us early in the draft process but never thought we'd have the change to get, sorta like DeCastro last year. And not only is he a great talent, he fits one of our biggest needs right now at OLB, so it's basically a match made in heaven.

2. RB Le'Veon Bell, Michigan State - B
I loved Bell but I thought it would be Eddie Lacy here. I think it was a slight reach, but I'm not sure if Bell would have been available in the third. There were other good guys on the board, like Arthur Brown, so we'll see how that eventually plays out, but I'm certainly not complaining with Bell. We definitely needed a RB with Mendenhall gone and our stable of mediocrity not really improving until day two, when we also signed LaRod Stephens-Howling.

3. WR Markus Wheaton, Oregon State - C+
Certainly wouldn't have been my first choice for the pick, but we needed a WR. Fast and similar to Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown, we'll see how he develops. Didn't know much about the guy when we picked him.

4. S Shamarko Thomas, Syracuse - B+
Love this pick too. Small but feisty guy, hard hitter, and we desperately needed a talented, young safety to develop. Troy and Clark are like 75 years old combined, and Will Allen and Ryan Mundy are both gone. Not that they were that good to begin though.

4. QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma - B-
I actually liked this pick too, even though it came as a surprise to me. We definitely need a backup QB, considering the fact that Ben misses a game virtually every year. Leftwich is gone and Fine China Charlie is nothing to write home about either. We signed Bruce Gradkowski so that's good, I guess, but we still needed a younger QB. Dennis Dixon failed, but Landry might be solid. Good arm and a great player prior to this year, hopefully he can be groomed to be a solid QB.

5. CB Terry Hawthorne, Illinois - C
Very boring and meh pick to me, but we needed another CB so whatever.

6. WR Justin Brown, Oklahoma - C
Same as before, except I don't think Brown will make the roster. With Brown and Sanders as the starters, Cotchery basically penciled in as the #3, and Markus Wheaton probably the #4, that leaves one spot that will be fought for by Brown, a bunch of UDFAs, and Plaxico Burress, and I think Burress takes it. If we're gonna have a big and somewhat slow WR, might as well make sure it's the biggest one, and with his experience that would be Burress.

6. ILB Vince Williams, Florida State - B-
Late pick, but a two down thumper that could/should be solid in special teams and as a backup run-stuffer. Not expecting much out of him except good depth.

7. DE Nicholas Williams, Samford - UND
Who?

Like last year, we went need-based in the first two rounds. Fortunately a stud fell to us in the first, so I'm not complaining about it. OLB, RB, WR, S were basically all of our needs, with the only un-addressed position being ILB.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I graded the Packers draft.

1.26) DE Datone Jones, UCLA - A
I said before the draft he would win DROY, so this isn't me just being a homer. I think he he's a steal at 26. In our particular defense he'll need to add a bit of weight, because a lot of the time he's going to be inside at DT in our nickel defense, but wherever he plays he's going to be a force. Great athleticism for a guy his size, played really well at the senior bowl and he has the college production you would look for from his senior season. Don't think there is anyone I would've preferred for us at that pick with who was left on the board.

2.29) RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama - B
Like this pick a little less now that we have Johnathan Franklin and I worry about his injury history, but if he manages to stay healthy I think he's going to be a big difference maker for our offense. Good pass protector and can catch the ball out of the backfield well, but I like this pick because of how big and powerful he is. He'll transform our running game, making it worthwhile, which will make us a more balanced offense and will massively help Aaron Rodgers.

4.12) OL David Bakhtiari, Colarado - C+
Okay with this pick, don't love it; don't hate it. Versatile offensive lineman that could start at RT for us if Bryan Bulaga is moved to LT. Sometimes struggles against speed and doesn't have great length, which is why I think he's better suited on the right side, but gets good push in the run game and is a decent enough athlete to play against LDE's in the NFL. Could be a LT in our scheme, however.

4.25) OL JC Tretter, Cornell - C-
Another versatile offensive lineman. Former tight end, so he's an above average athlete. Similar to Bakhtiari in that I think he's not suited for LT because of his length, but again, in our scheme it wouldn't be the worst thing. Wouldn't be shocked if we tried both of the lineman we picked at C and if one of them can stick and start there this season that would be a big bonus.

4.28) RB Johnathan Franklin, UCLA - B+
With the Lacy pick running back wasn't really a need, but I love the value here which I why I give it a high B. I had Franklin rated higher than Lacy and together I think we drafted 2 of the 3 best running backs in this class. I love his power, elusiveness and play making ability, which will make the camp battle between the two very interesting. I also love our commitment to the running game; it should relive some of the pressure off of Aaron Rodgers and help him become even more efficient and effective. If we didn't pick Lacy this would've been an A+.

5.26) CB Micah Hyde, Iowa - B+
One of my favorite players in this draft, I think Hyde is going to be a really solid player, whether at safety or cornerback. He has the ability to play both at a high level; his coverage abilities are underrated and his range, tackling and ball skills are all very good. We've said we're going to try him at CB, which makes sense when you think that Tramon Williams could very well be gone next season.

5.34) DT Josh Boyd, Mississippi State - D+
Kind of reminds me of the Jerel Worthy pick we made last year. He has a good, quick burst, but I think he's a better fit in a 4-3 defense, because of his short arms and less than ideal length. If he's going to make an impact it might be if he puts on some weight and plays the nose, because we could use some depth there with Raji's contract coming up and Pickett soon to be on his way out.

6.25) OLB Nate Palmer, Illinois State - ??
Know next to nothing about this kid, other than that he transferred from Illinois due to lack of playing time and that he has good measurables (1.58 10yd split; 35 vertical; 10'5 broad; 3.98 3-cone). He would've been a "top performer" in all of those drills at the combine. Obviously TT saw something in him and thinks Kevin Greene can get those measurables and mold him into a decent outside pass rusher. I like taking risks on high potential guys in the later rounds.

7.10) WR Charles Johnson, Grand Valley State - ??
Another guy I know nothing about other than measurables and what I saw on a highlight video. From a measurable stand point this guy is perfect. 6'2 height; 4.39 forty; 11-1 broad jump; 39' vertical. From what TT has said and the short video i've seen, he doesn't really look that raw either. He has soft hands, isn't a body catcher and is a decent route runner. High potential guy that I have no problem with us taking a chance on.

7.18) WR Kevin Dorsey, Maryland - ??
Two receivers in a row that I know nothing about. Learning about him now it seems like he could've been a little bit of a sleeper. Had zero production in his senior season because of a mess at the QB position for Maryland, but he has good measurables and TT obviously likes him. I'm guessing one of the two receivers we drafted will go on to make the roster and do what Jarrett Boykin is currently doing.

7.26) LB Sam Barrington, USF - ??
Ted Thompson definitely likes these guys no one has heard of. His combine numbers make him look like a nothing athlete, but his pro day numbers make him look like an athletic playmaker. I'll wait and see on which one is a true reflection of him as a player. I guess it's good that we're picking up late round picks in the positions that are easier to find late round players. Receiver and Inside Linebacker are two of those positions.

Overall: B+
I love the direction that this draft is taking our team. We're getting physical on offense with Lacy and physical on defense with Datone Jones. Also Ssome nice value picks with Franklin and Hyde. The late round guys all have potential, which is something I would look for in those late round flyer types. Very solid draft overall and we get some players that will make an immediate impact.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-28-2013 at 05:22 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
ace8842
Rookie

ace8842 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Eagles draft 2013

Philadelphia Eagles - Grade A (I feel better about this draft than any in the past)

4 (4) Johnson, Lane OT - Eagles needed an offensive lineman, as Peters has had injuries and Herremans could be moved inside at guard to replace Watkins. Johnson was the most athletic offensive lineman of the top 3, which means he fits Chip Kelly's system well.

2 3 (35) Ertz, Zach TE - Brent Celek has had several concussions and has been getting injured a lot more lately. His numbers have started declining. Clay Harbor is a below average. We did get Casey in free agency. Much like the Pats, Kelly has said he wants to use 3 TE's. Ertz can line up anywhere on the field and is a mismatch in coverage.

3 5 (67) Logan, Bennie DT - This might be the only pick I am unsure about. Mayock had him as 62 on his board, but others had him lower. He is the type of versatile lineman Kelly prefers, and some say he wasn't asked to do that much at LSU. There are questions about his work ethic play in and play out.

4 1 (98) Barkley, Matt QB - Love this pick. Too many people have listened to the media that Chip Kelly needs a running QB. This proves them all wrong. Kelly himself has said, if he has Tom Brady, he doesn't need him to run. Kelly says you take what you have and adapt the game plan around it, not force things to your plan like Andy Reid did. Barkley would have been 1st round early last year. He's smart and makes quick decisions, and is accurate on short to intermediate. That is what Kelly wants.
(From Jaguars)
5 3 (136) Wolff, Earl SS- a hard hitting safety whose combine numbers are off the charts. At worst, he competes for a starting job.

7 6 (212) Kruger, Joe DE - One of the most underrated players in the draft who has NFL bloodlines. Ironically, the same size almost as Dion Jordan. At 20, many think he can improve further. Should be good at DE/OLB in 3-4.
(From Browns)
7 12 (218) Poyer, Jordan CB - What a steal! How did this guy drop to the 7th round? Eagles had a glaring need at corner but most publications had this guy going in the top 3 rounds. Why he fell this far is a mystery.
(From Buccaneers)
7 33 (239) King, David DE - don't know much about this guy..perhaps another rotational lineman that can play more than one position.
(Compensatory Selection)
ace8842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally loved what the Patriots did with their draft, and It's probably my 2nd favorite since I started following the draft closely. I think a lot of the critics are misguided in the way they're evaluating the Pats draft. The core is young and intact at the moment, and the Pats really didn't have any glaring needs besides at WR. However, as a team that has been really close to the SB the last 2 seasons they need skill sets at certain positions where they're currently lacking.

Coming into the offseason the Pats needed:
1) A receiver that could run vertical routes and make plays down the field
2) A pure pass rush DE with good natural speed
3) A penetrating UT
4) A coverage LB
5) A CB who can play outside in the event of a Dowling and Talib injury so they don't play Kyle Arrington there ever again
6) A safety who specializes in deep coverage to complement what they already had in A. Wilson and T. Wilson.

Outside of a coverage LB and a penetrating UT (which they got earlier by signing Armon Armstead) they got exactly that. So while people like Mel Kiper might say that the Pats were losers because they didn't get any obvious starters from this year's draft, he pretty much misses the entire point. The Pats didn't get any big names out of the draft because they didn't really need to. Instead they got players who can make them better immediately even if they only play 25% of the time.

Boyce and Dobson are already better outside vertical threats than we had last season.

Collins is more dynamic when isolated 1 v. 1 on the outside than Justin Francis, and he can complement our run stuffing outside guys like Hightower and Ninkovich.

Ryan>Arrington

Harmon closes on the ball faster than Gregory.

Plus we got solid value in the 7th with guys like Buchanon and Beauharnais.

I'd give our draft a B+ with the only thing bringing it down is passing over Carradine and Bailey when they had the chance to pick them.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
You guys finally found your QB and signed Tyler Bray !Things are looking up man.
Sarcasm, irony or truth? Some of all three?

Bray can make all the throws, but that is all he does well. Check back in 2014.

J

Ad Super Bowl per Aspera
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best drafts, imo..

Arizona - a whole lot of contributors
Dallas - started shaky but just kept hitting
Jacksonville - D.Robinson will be a steal, than + Joeckel, A.Sanders
NYJ - good reboot and they really needed a new QB
Oakland - Hayden, Moore and Wilson
Baltimore - namely off of Elam and Brown

Browns

Kiki Mingo = C
Not high on him. He was top 5 before the junior season, than looked like a mid to late first rounder after really struggling. Seems he started getting elevated the closer it got to the draft. He's completely a finesse guy at this point. He doesn't finish. And he doesn't have anything when he gets there. No pop. Not exactly an AFC north type guy. Also gets a little out of control and unbalanced. Big Ben could shrug him all day, if he can even get that close. Lombardi liked to say you don't look at where a guy is now, you look where he'll be in 2-3 years. That's why he's a Brown. They're banking on his development but I say he's another Manny Lawson.

Leon McFadden = B
I like him. He plays salty. He's small though and not real fast. Reminds of the type of CBs the Colts always used to draft. I think he's another Jerraud Powers. Decent starter but nothing exceptional. Mathieu going the next pick was a kick in the pants. Lombardi or Banner pussed out. Mathieu is similar but with exceptional playing traits. Greater risk but higher reward. Mathieu is like former Jet/Texans great Aaron Glenn. Pro bowl CB and punt returner.

Jamoris Slaughter = C
First, I kind of loved the trade outs. Stock piling for next year is good. BUT...passing on Shamarko Thomas and allowing the Steelers to come up for him could haunt this FO. Thomas, imo, isn't strictly an inbox guy. His speed (sub 4.4) and range make him also suited to play the deep half as the last line of defense. He also showed the ability to man up on the slot WR/TE.

But to Jamoris. Even if he makes it back 100% healthy, which is always a big if, he'll still be an underpowered slow FS. I love his play style and Ive read he's a leader and smart but slow is slow. I think he looked like a 4.6 guy healthy. As a 6th round gamble, he's an ok pick. But in light of passing Thomas to your #1 rival, it turns bad.

Armonty Bryant = C
Solid developmental pass rusher. I read he didn't have the greatest week at the East West but looked very good at his pro day and private workouts.

Garrett Gilkey = B
I love the value here. I had him as a mid 5th rounder. He looked very good senior week in Mobile and in the game. Stout and quick.

The Bess trade was as good as it gets. If you factor Bess and Gordon into this draft it looks sort of good. Without them though, I don't think it cuts it. Supposedly we had the same deal from the Rams as the Bills did but opted to stay put and take Mingo. That's a big fat fail imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my writeup for the Titans... May add grades later.

1st Round (10): Chance Warmack, RG, Alabama - [6'2", 317 lbs., 5.49 40, 34 Arms, 9⅝ Hand]

A lot of Tits fans weren't committed to taking a Guard first. Not only did the coaching staff publicly state the lack of importance it places on the spot last offseason, but we felt perhaps more important positions with lesser caliber players would be better for us. But after the board fell the way it did, and players the Titans showed interest in such as Mingo and Milliner went off the board, it was clear the Titans would go with Warmack, Vaccaro, or Rhodes. And while I love Rhodes, War Daddy was the best pick.

With one pick, the Titans finally resolved their offensive line issues that have plagued the team for three seasons. Adding Warmack to a line that has Michael Roos, David Stewart, and Andy Levitre turns a weakness into a strength, and the RF will help the offense become more consistent in 2013. The previous OG's not only couldn't move people, but they ended up clogging CJ's rushing lanes themselves. And although the pass-protection was good in 2011, it was abysmal in 2012, which led to Jake Locker sustaining a cracked shoulder that lasted til the end of the season. That injury was likely the catalyst to the coaches and FO deciding to make OL a priority in the 2013 offseason.

Warmack will step in from Day 1 at RG, and will tag team with David "Big Country" Stewart to make a thunderous duo on the right side. Not only was Warmack good value and filled a huge need, but he also helps negate the presence of reigning DPOY JJ Watt in Houston. Many people may remember last year when Watt had 2 Sacks in a game against Tennessee, and then RG Leroy Harris publicly stated that Watt wasn't anything special. Harris is now gone, and Warmack is now here to hopefully create a special player vs player matchup between two division rivals.

2nd Round (34): Justin Hunter, X WR, Tennessee - [6'4", 196 lbs., 4.44 40, 33" Arms, 9⅜" Hands]

Before the 2nd RD, I said while I thought the Titans would want S Johnathan Cyprien, I was wanting either DE Tank Carradine or WR Justin Hunter for the pick. Lo and behold, Cyprien is taken by the Jags at 33, which prompted the Tits to trade up. Many of us figured the pick would be Carradine, considering DE was higher on the needs list than WR, but the Tits surprised when they took UT WR Justin Hunter.

It's fairly unanimous that the cost to trade up was steep. The Titans had to give the 49ers their 2014 3rd RD pick and 2013 7th RD pick to move up just 6 spots, and the 49ers were not only able to get the better end of the trade, but ironically, they landed Carradine at the 40th overall pick. But even though the Titans lost the trade, it is still a good decision on their end. If they stay at 40, and say Carradine goes to the 49ers at 34, then that means Hunter would have to fall 6 spots to Tennessee. That probably doesn't happen. So the Tits stand to lose out on both Hunter and Carradine if they do nothing. It hurt, but Mike Munchak needs to win now, so mortgaging the future for a player like Hunter was a good move considering he might not be around to use that 3rd RD'er anyway.

So with that said, I love Hunter. People know I'm a UT fan, and I loved him even coming out of high school - even more than Da'Rick. He played football, track, and basketball in high school, and showed his unreal athleticism in both. In addition to his H/W/S combo, he posted a 39.5" vertical leap and 136" broad jump. He's huge. He's fast. He can jump out of the stadium. An injury in 2011 was scary, but he rebounded in 2012 with an amazing year. Another year removed from surgery will only improve him. He could end up being the best WR from this draft, so in the 2nd RD, I'm stoked.

Aside from Kenny Britt, the Titans don't have another big X WR. Jared Cook helped fill that role, but he's in St. Louis now. And regarding Britt, the guy is an animal when healthy. But he struggles with injuries, with staying out of trouble, and he's in the last year of his contract. As much as I hate to say it, but there's a good chance he doesn't return to Tennessee when his contract is up. Now you have Hunter as not only a potent weapon for this year, but a potential replacement to pair with complimentary receiver Kendall Wright and Nate Washington, the latter of which I think the world of. No matter what, the WR corps will stay potent and talented.

Now, it's up to Locker. He's healthy now, and his supporting cast has drastically improved. He has Levitre and Warmack to protect him, those two and CJ to supply a consistent running game, and Britt/Wright/Washington/Hunter to pass to. The Titans only go as far as Locker does, but at least if Locker fails, the next coach will bring in a lucky QB to play with these players.

3rd Round (70): "Bleedy Ray"-Wilson, Boundary CB, Connecticut - [6'", 195 lbs., 4.53 40, 32" Arms, 8⅝" Hands, 14 Reps]

Tits fans knew that CB and S were a priority. They looked to be going for CB's who could press and allow blitzes from the likes of Ayers and Brown. A lot of DB's were worked out this offseason, so we knew drafting a DB wasn't a matter of if but when.

Bleedy Ray fit exactly what we were expecting. He's a big, lengthy CB who can jam WR's using those long arms, and using his size and great short area quickness, he can drape and blanket WR's who stay in front of him or are sloppy in their routes. The bads news is he's not a blazer and his hips aren't the best, so he can get beat if the WR gets behind him. He's also not the best in run-support, despite his size and length.

The Titans already had Jason McCourty and Alterraun Verner at CB, but if Bleedy Ray can come in and win the #2 CB spot opposite McCourty, it'll allow Verner to move inside to NB where he may fit best. 2012 4th RD pick Coty Sensabaugh will also compete for playing time, while freak of nature Tommie Campbell will probably stay a ST's ace.

3rd Round (97): Zaviar Gooden, Nickel LB, Missouri - [6'1", 234 lbs., 4.47 40, 32" Arms, 10" Hands, 27 Reps]

This initially put off me and several of the other Tits fans. DE is a need. Derrick Morgan and Kamerion Wimbley are actually underrated as starting DE's, but who's behind them? 6'8", 300 lbs. Ropati Pitoitua and 2012 7th RD pick Scott Solomon. That's it. The FO and coaches do realize this, right? Alex Okafor, Mallaciah Goodman, Quanterus Smith, and Cornelius Washington are right there staring at them, and there's still C and S that they can address. So what do they do? They take Zaviar Gooden when they have Akeem Ayers, Zach Brown, and Colin McCarthy at LB. Gooden is great, but all three Titans LB's are bonafied studs, and although McCarthy has injury issues, is a decent backup worth a 3rd RD pick? Especially when there are bigger needs?

It really messed with me because I just saw an NFL team place higher value on a 4th LB than they did a 3rd DE, and for a 4-3 team, that's a no no. But after thinking about it for a few minutes, I started to come around to the pick IF this is what they're planning on doing: Akeem Ayers is a stellar pass-rushing SLB. Instead of rotating a 3rd DE in to replace Morgan or Wimbley, they'll sub in a 4th LB so that Ayers can put his hand on the ground and rush the passer. Ayers is now essentially the 3rd DE, which is great.

As for Gooden, he's a stud. As an athlete, he was separate from the other 4-3 LB's. He was a top combine performer at every event at the combine except for the vertical leap, which was a paltry 34". But at his Pro Day, he improved that to 38". He has everything we'd want from a physical stand point, and after taking a similar LB in Zach Brown last season, it's not a surprise they'd want a similar player. For the past few years, the Titans have had a 4th LB who would back up all 3 spots, and on occasion, sub in during passing downs for Ayers or McCarthy. So the Tits have a use and place value on that type of player, and frankly, Gooden is ideal for that role. He can backup all 3 spots, and during passing downs, he can come in to pair with WLB Zach Brown as a nickel LB and allow SLB Akeem Ayers to move to DE, which is his best spot as he excels as a pass-rush and Gooden is better in coverage. Gooden will be a good ST's player just because of his physical attributes.

However, if they don't do this and this is another Rennie Curran situation, I'll be vurry vurry unhurppy.

4th Round (107): Brian Schwenke, C, California - [6'3", 314 lbs., 4.99 40, 32" Arms, 10" Hands, 31 Reps]

After taking Gooden and realizing the FO had scheme plans to address DE instead of personnel plans, I wanted Schwenke or Barrett Jones. The Tits had a great OT tandem in Roos and Stewart. They added Levitre and Warmack in the offseason already. So lets just draft a Center and finalize this FORF. And they did it!

Currently, Fernando Velasco and Eugene Amano are at C. Amano was the starter going into last year, was criticized for not being able to get a push in the run game, and then got hurt at the start of the season with torn triceps. Velasco stepped in and provided an upgrade in the perceived level of play. Amano has a nice contract, and since Velasco can do his job better, he's a prime candidate to be cut by June 1st. Velasco signed a 1-year tender this offseason, so he's facing URFA next offseason. So instead of looking to invest money in a fairly average player, the Titans took Brian Schwenke out of Cal. He was the popular #2 C after Frederick, although I liked him about the same as I do Jones. Not as versatile as Jones, but may be the better pure C. He's strong with quick feet, and will give Velasco a mighty competition for the starting spot. If he wins the spot, the OL will have gone from Roos-Hutchinson-Velasco-Harris-Stewart last year to Roos-Levitre-Schwenke-Warmack-Stewart. I didn't think it was possible that they'd put that many resources into the OL after completely ignoring it last offseason. Although it's a year late, I'm happy they finally made the correct decision.

Schwenke's hair makes him the perfect face for the FORF.

5th Round (142): Lavar Edwards, 3rd DE, LSU - [6'4", 277 lbs., 4.80 40, 35" Arms, 10" Hands]

Finally. Even if Ayers is the 3rd DE, they need bodies if only for injury insurance, and while I had Smith and Washington rated higher, Edwards is a mighty fine pick. The thing I look for in DE's is arm length and how they do in the jumps. Long arms keep OT's off of you, and being able to jump far is a nice measure of how explosive your legs are, which means more explosion off the snap. Edwards didn't do great in the jumps, but when you add 35" arms onto a 6'4", 277 lbs. body, you have a nice base end in a 4-3.

I don't see a lot of upside with him. I have him just as a 3rd DE who will play base end and also play on special teams. He has the body, but I just don't see the athleticism to project much upside. Especially watching him and how he's not too bendy when rushing the passer. He did sit behind Mingo and Montgomery, and still pushed for playing time, so that's a good sign. He produced fine for a 3rd DE. It seems like they went for a safer pick. Edwards will see his entire rookie contract, but he probably won't supplant Morgan or Wimbley for the starting spot because they offer more as pass-rushers. On the other hand, on goal line or rushing situations, the coaches may sub Edwards in for Wimbley. With that big body and long arms, Edwards can keep OT's off his body and has shown the ability to locate the ball carriers and has the motor to chase him down. Wimbley is undersized and can't set the edge as well, so he can be a liability in that department.

He fits what the Titans probably wanted more than Smith or Washington did. They had the choice between the DE that every roster needs, the pass-rushing specialist DE, and the freak DE with horrible production but prolific upside. Considering the players on the roster, they had the pass-rush specialists in Wimbley and Ayers, didn't have the depth to afford a busting on a boom-or-bust prospect, and had Morgan who was too good and important to play ST's since he's the only prototypical DE on roster. They probably made the right choice, but I can see Smith having success elsewhere and them regretting passing on him.

6th Round (202): Khalid Wooten, 4th/5th CB, Nevada - [5'11", 210 lbs., 4.53 40, 32" Arms, 9⅛" Hands, 17 Reps]

Figured S would be next, considering they had umptillion in for workouts, but they go with another guy they tested in Khalid Wooten. I like the pick, although I think there were several great players available: Tyler Bray, Da'Rick Rogers, Ty Powell, Michael Buchanan, Mike Catapanozzz, Jordan Poyer, Michael Mauti, Demetrius McCray, Reid Fragel, Marquess Wilson.

They obviously are comfortable and familiar with Wooten though, so they pulled the trigger on another CB. He's a big, lengthy CB like 3rd RD'er Bleedy Ray. Good H/W/S measurables, and shows the FO's commitment to wanting a big press CB. You can place blame on the Seattle secondary for this trend. He also returns punts, which I love for a DB prospect to be able to do, as when they get the ball in their hands after an INT, they're off to the races. Ironically, he can field a punt but can have trouble locating the ball, so he could face penalty troubles because of that. Has good hips and despite not being a burner, can keep up with WR's and recover when beat. When he does find the ball, he has the hands to make the pick. He's also a good run-defender, and uses his size and length to make the tackle, which is something Bleedy Ray struggles with.

With his skillset and size, his best fit may be at FS when it's all said and done, but with Griffin there and the seeming desire for this style of CB, I have him listed as a 5th CB with competition for Sensabaugh for 4th CB. Fortunately for Tits fans, the team seems to do better with late round CB's than they do early round CB's, with recent gems being Cortland Finnegan, Jason McCourty, and Cary Williams.

7th Round (248): Daimion Stafford, SS Depth, Nebraska - [5'11⅝", 221 lbs., 4.69 40, 31⅛" Arms, 9" Hands, 21 Reps]

They take their S in Daimion Stafford from Nebraska. If Khaled Wooten looks to be a FS, then Stafford is the contrast as an in-the-box bull of a SS. He's not fast or agile, but he's aggressive and physical. And when you put that in a nearly 6', 211 lbs. body, you can still get an explosive player. Should get along with Bernard Pollard just fine.

The Titans rotated their safeties a lot last season. Michael Griffin, Jordan Babineaux, Robert Johnson, and Al Afalava all saw good amounts of playing time last season. So perhaps Stafford has a role to play other than a Donnie Nickey role on ST's. He doesn't have range, but he's capable in a short area, so as long as he's not having to cover anyone, he'd be ok. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there's a time where a DB doesn't have to be in coverage in today's NFL, so I'm not holding out hope. If he does see the field, I expect it to be on ST's, on running situations, or sending him on the blitz.

Stafford is a roster bubble player to keep an eye on. Unfortunately, I think there were guys available who wouldn't be roster bubble players and could fill a need for the Titans, namely Tyler Bray. Jake Locker is still unknown as a player. Fitzmagic is what he is. Crusty Rusty is crustier than ever. I'm of the opinion that you want your #1 QB to be a franchise guy. You want your #2 QB to be a refined player who while not able to lead a team, can come in a keep a team on track if need be. And you want your #3 QB to be a developmental QB who you try to develop into a franchise QB, whether for yourself or as a trade bait for another team. Rusty Smith is no longer that developmental guy. He was, but when he saw the field, he didn't have success. That project is over, and I feel it's time for a new one. Obviously, the coaches are focused on the here and now, so developing another QB may not be a luxury they can afford, but I think it would have been a smart choice anyway. Tony Jefferson is a safety I had ahead of Stafford, and was someone who should have gone in the 6th RD. Da'Rick Rogers was also available, and while he may not have the character a team wants, he's at worst a brilliant ST's WR and at best a #1 WR. I struggle to understand why a niche-role SS is a better acquisition than any of those players.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 04-29-2013 at 01:00 AM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely fine with everything the Broncos did besides aborting their 3rd rounder on Kayvon Webster. After missing out on Rhodes (who was Denver's target in the first) it was obvious they were going for a CB. Unfortunately, ten of them went after they selected Montee Ball and they sat idle. I'm very confident that McFadden and Wreh-Wilson were their targets there, and they decided to stay idle and hope a guy like them fell instead of being pro-active and moving up. That is what hurt them.

Elway talked all off-season how every pick would be the BPA. Well, BPA in itself is a myth and if the front office really believe Kayvon Webster was that guy they are FOS. Bottom line is they panicked.

Williams will get a lot of PT at DT this year because of how often we rotate them. He also brings an interior pass rushing presence that we don't have. I was not as high on Ball as many others, but he has unreal potential under Manning and this offense. I'm a huge fan of Tavarres King who has a high football IQ, finds the soft spots in defenses and runs great routes. Quanterus Smith can redshirt this year, learn the playbook and hit the weight room. We don't need him this year, but it would be nice if he could. Great value selection for the Broncos who obviously wanted Trevardo Williams and traded back after Houston nabbed him. Painter as OL depth is fine and Dysert was great in the seventh.

Denver hits on their #1 and 2, and gets great upside and potential with their day three selections. Unfortunately, this is a third year in a row where they have completely bombed on value in the 3 and 4th rounds.

With Bailey, DRC, Harris, Carter and Bolden -- it is hard to justify a third round selection on a player whose college film was not good, the scheme he played in didn't match ours (though I will admit he has better potential man-to-man) and will see nothing but special teams at best (likely de-activated for most of the season unless one of those guys is moved).

Overall, I'd give it a B/B+. It could have had A potential had Webster not ruined it.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bornnraisedwhodat
Rookie

bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bornnraisedwhodat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints

I thought the Saints had a solid, yet unspectacular draft which is pretty much the norm. The Saints rarely make any huge splashes or go far off the board.

RD 1: Kenny Vaccaro S- Solid Pick. I had Vaccaro as my 1 safety, and Roman Harper is no good anymore. This represents a change in the way our defense operates, with the old school "box safety" and a free up top. Rob Ryan likes to run a lot of 2 deep and 2 deep shell looks, he needs a versatile safety who can play in the box when needed, blitz, cover TE's, slot WR's and scat backs out the backfield, and a guy who can play deep and play with good range. Vacarro meets those needs. Harper is counting 7.1 million against the tight cap, so he could be cut in training camp depending if Vacarro catches on quickly.

RD 3: Terron Armstead OT- A lot of people had us mocked to trade down in the 1st, pick up and 2nd and use it on Armstead. I've even saw some mocking him to us in the 1st. Reach IMO. But in the 3rd round this we solid value. Saints have a gaping hole at LT, and although we have a lot of young players that will compete there, you can never have to many and Armstead comes with the most upside. There is a good chance he doesnt start this year because he is raw and needs development. I expect Payton to use him a lot of a 6th OL, or "eligible reciever" as they like to call them. Armstead has great athleticism and the Saints have shown the ability to develop young linemen and put them in position to succeed.

RD 3: John Jenkins NT- I loved this move. We ship Chris Ivory to the Jets for a 4th rounder. They've been saying they will only offer a 5th, but a 4th was perfect value for Ivory. Ivory was our 4th running back and only had 40 carries last season. He would have become a free agent next year and would definetily have left to seek a starting role. We packages 2 4th rounds and traded up to get John Jenkins. A HUGE specimen of a man who can play almost immediately at nose tackle in the rotation with Brunkley and Hicks. I like Jenkins because even though he is a big man, he is quick for a guy his size, he also has an underrate pass rush ablity when playing in 1 gap alignments which Rob Ryan plans to do a lot. Saints defense has been small for years and the addition of Jenkins adds great size to our DL rotaiton.

RD 5: Kenny Stills WR- Stills fits Saints offense perfectly. A smooth route runner will good hands and decent size. Saints needed more depth at WR with Colston and Moore hitting 30 soon. Stills had good production with the Sooners and showed a good ability for making plays from the slot. In the Saints offense he will be moved all over the line to utilize his quickness.

RD 6: Rufus Johnson DE/OLB - I had no idea who this guy was quite honestly. He supposedly turned some heads at the Texas vs Nation game and popped up on a few guy's radar. Good sized player who supposedly has some pass rush ability. I honestly have no opinon on this move. He will either show something and make the 53 man roster, or get cut in camp. My guess is they didnt want to chance him in the UDFA market so they must really like him.

UDFA's:

Chase Thomas LB - Loved that we snagged Thomas. I was hoping we get him in the 5th round. A "try hard" player that over-acheives, but lets face it, you need guys like that on your team. I can see him easily making the roster and being in the OLB rotation on the strong side.

Ryan Griffin QB - Loved this move and it was expected. He played under former Saints assistant coach Curtis Johnson over at Tulane and ran a similar offensive system. Good sized kid with a solid arm who is smart, and has the ability to read defenses. He struggled with a terrible OL and talent depleted roster but he has tools to develop into a solid #2.

Kevin Reddick LB - Loved loved loved this move. I thought he get drafted. He has all the tools to make this roster and eventually start opposite Curtis Lofton.

Overall, I give the draft a B-. I wanted Jarvis Jones badly after Star and Sheldon Richardson were off the board. Of course, he went to the Steelers where he will probably make 5 pro-bowls and register double digit sacks for years to come. But I am fine with a safety. Other than that, due to bounty sanctions we were limited with what we had to work with, and I thought the front office did well with what they had.
bornnraisedwhodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcee View Post
28) sylvester williams-DT, UNC- I like williams quite a bit and think he'll make an immediate impact. Grade: B

56) montee ball-RB, wisconsin-not a fan of ball personally, nor did I believe rb was a pressing need this early on. A lot of mileage, and a pretty uninspiring pick all around. Grade: D

90) kayvon webster- CB, USF- I like webster a lot; as a 6th rounder. like the player, hate the value. Grade:D-

146) quanterus smith- DE, western kentucky- probably my favorite pick of the draft, perfect dumervil replacement, assuming he's healthy. Grade:A

161) tavarres king- WR, georgia- solid depth pick, I dig king here. Grade:C+

173) vinston painter- OT, VT- more depth/developmental guy. Grade:C

234) zac dysert- QB, miami (oh)- only 2qbs currently under contract so this makes sense. Decent tools, great situation. Grade: C
You're being too harsh. We needed a reliable RB and we got one. Yes, he carried the rock a lot in college... and was remarkably injury and fumble free even with all those carries.

The picks from round 5 on were good value. Smith and King could make immediate contributions. Painter and Dysert have nice potential.

My main concern was the Webster pick, which seemed like a knee jerk reaction to the run on cornerbacks.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals draft was awesome.
Excellent combination of drafting needs and talent.

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote