Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-20-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick question regarding the schedule. Does anyone else feel like we are playing each other the 1st game or last game? It seems like for us specifically it's either you guys in the 1st or last game and if it's not you, it's the darn redskins. I feel like it's either teams.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Quick question regarding the schedule. Does anyone else feel like we are playing each other the 1st game or last game? It seems like for us specifically it's either you guys in the 1st or last game and if it's not you, it's the darn redskins. I feel like it's either teams.
Ratings my man. All about the ratings!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Ratings my man. All about the ratings!
I know, but can't some other teams give equally high ratings? It really does seem like every year. Dallas, @Dallas, Redskins, @ Redskins. There are other teams as well on the schedule we can open and end with. Last year we opened with you guys. Before that we opened at DC and ended with you guys.

It really is highly annoying for me. Only interesting thing is by playing you guys game 1, hopefully it takes a while for the 43 defense to get clicking. So that may benefit us. I know it took 2 games when Spags was hired, after Lewis was fired to get the defense figured out.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
BPA that fills a need. That's all I've ever been about.

If we looked down upon Aaron Hernandez because he's a #2 TE, then that's not really an indication of his true value.

I really don't think all of our options would be gone though. One of Cooper, Warmack, Richardson should be there. ...and that's the question that was asked. What if they were gone...

Fluker isn't a fit for a ZBS. So why would we want him would be the question.

If we're gonna hire a ZBS OL coach and identify Tyron as the main guy on the line to build around, then I say let's go. No more shifting back and forth in philolosophy.
Interesting, Mayock's top 100 came out today and he has Warmack at #4, Richardson at #7, Cooper at #8 and Eifert at #13, so realistically, all could be gone by the Cowboy's pick with only Vaccaro as a possibility. The players he has available are Rhodes, Jarvis Jones, and Eddie Lacy, so it becomes quite possible Jerry will either trade up or down given those choices.
Mayock also said there are only 10 true first round talents in this draft so the likelihood of any slipping could be doubtful.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
imo he is . eifert is smoother and more natural of course, but i feel like kelce is gonna be able to play at 260+ and still be just athletic. there 40's and verticals were pretty much identical but kelce had much higher broad jump. and he wasn't at full strength coming off hernia surgery and he got sick while running his 40's.
Where Eifert stands out is in his ball skills. When the ball is in the air, no receiver in thiis draft goes out and attacks the ball better than Eifert imo. You will find more athletic freaks, but I'm looking at if the guy is a baller first and foremost.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Rumors are that the Falcons have a man crush on him. Since this is the last year for TG, and rumors were they may trade up, I can see them targeting him. He can then learn for 1 year with TG before being the guy.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Rumors are that the Falcons have a man crush on him. Since this is the last year for TG, and rumors were they may trade up, I can see them targeting him. He can then learn for 1 year with TG before being the guy.
Atlanta, Niners, and Vikings are all rumored to want to trade up for different players. If we find ourselves on the clock without one of our top 4 choices (Cooper, Richardson, Vaccaro, and Warmack) I could easily see us accepting a deal to trade down for more picks. Could be a match made in heaven scenario if Eifert, Rhodes, or Patterson are available as they are the primary targets reportedly of those respective teams.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Atlanta, Niners, and Vikings are all rumored to want to trade up for different players. If we find ourselves on the clock without one of our top 4 choices (Cooper, Richardson, Vaccaro, and Warmack) I could easily see us accepting a deal to trade down for more picks. Could be a match made in heaven scenario if Eifert, Rhodes, or Patterson are available as they are the primary targets reportedly of those respective teams.
I want 3/4 you guys want with the exception being Richardson. I also would be more than happy with T.E and Rhodes. I am very skeptical on Patterson at WR though. I don't know if I want him on our team, in our system. If a guard is there or close within trading range, I hope we go for it. We need a good athletic guard.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Quiet here

Why so quiet! I hope to read more info.......I like seeing opinions of or inside info.

One thing I have noticed is that afterSTL.....DON'T THINK anybody needs OL until the steelers....hopefully we will get a read at that time,

I don't want to trade down so far.......but if we do we better ask for a lot and I hope JJ still selects solid picks and not projects.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

FWIW, internet rumblings Jerrah moving down. If we can pick up an early 2 and 3 for the 1 we had a good start.

Cooper, Eifert, Warmack are the targets if not there .... trade.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
FWIW, internet rumblings Jerrah moving down. If we can pick up an early 2 and 3 for the 1 we had a good start.

Cooper, Eifert, Warmack are the targets if not there .... trade.
Heard the exact same rumors :) Also heard that Le'Veon Bell is extremely high on our list and could be in play as early as pick 47.

Other rumors are that Doug Free has flat out refused to take a pay cut. He knows he's gone after the draft.

Also hearing that Bennie Logan is supposedly scored highly from Kiffin evaluations.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:49 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

So now that the draft is concluded I want to say we are going to be scary with "13" personnel packages i.e. 1 WR, 1 RB, 3 TEs.

If Hanna and Escobar can be passable blockers the threat of the run forces teams to deal with Murray/Randle.

Of course it will also be mismatch heaven for Romo with three pass catching TEs on the field. Pretty much force the defense into leaving their CB on an island with Dez or risk having a linebacker cover a TE.

Could our red zone offense actually be successful this year? After last year getting 4 extra points out of those stalled drives would be amazing.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the 2013 draft, the Cowboys agreed to terms with undrafted Arizona State linebacker Brandon Magee. To seal the deal, the Cowboys gave him $70,000 in guaranteed money, per a source with knowledge of the deal.

Thatís more guaranteed money than any seventh-round pick received in 2012. Last year, Colts offensive lineman Justin Anderson received a signing bonus of $69,124 as the first pick of the last round, and the numbers went down from there.

It doesnít mean Magee will be guaranteed a spot on the 53-man roster. But it means that the Cowboys really wanted to give him an opportunity to latch on as a weakside linebacker in the teamís new 4-3 defense.

Essentially he was our 7th round pick. I know they really like him

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Smart move for Dallas :) They were reportedly trying to trade back into the 7th to nab him but couldn't find a reasonable suitor.

In other news Dallas is going to give Romo a TON more input this season on game-planning and play-calling. He will be a part of the game-planning meetings and will have a stronger voice in play-calling situations.

Considering how much better the offense looked when in no-huddle and Romo running the show I think this may be an excellent move. Could allow us to play a lot more no-huddle drives to drive any advantages and keep defenses on the field without subs.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is one thing that I want to comment on that might be seen as a negativity...

Going back to the firing of Rob Ryan. If you didn't know before, I hated the firing. So anyways, I was thinking about this draft... and our inability over the years to find a NT at the right value...

This year, the NT class had amazing value. Hankins in Round 2. Brandon Williams and John Jenkins in Round 3. Jesse Williams and Montori Hughes, Round 5.

Just makes me think this could've finally been our year to nab that guy.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Another thing on my mind is RT. Not getting one in the draft told me something... that the team might be closer to signing a RT than we believe. With Tyson Clabo and Eric Winston out there, 2 guys that we were linked to prior to the draft, I think one of them eventually becomes a Cowboy.

Not sure we can wait until June 1st (to cut Free), so it will be a nervous time. The Miami Dolphins didn't trade for Brandon Albert and they didn't draft one either. They are a threat to sign one of those tackles away.

One thought was surrounded around the BW Webb pick. There is already talk about him putting Scandrick on watch for next season when his salary sky rockets. ...but I'm wondering if that is out of the question for THIS offseason... hmm...
Old 04-29-2013, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think Broaddus has confimed there is strong interest on both sides regarding Clabo. The issue will be money.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
There is one thing that I want to comment on that might be seen as a negativity...

Going back to the firing of Rob Ryan. If you didn't know before, I hated the firing. So anyways, I was thinking about this draft... and our inability over the years to find a NT at the right value...

This year, the NT class had amazing value. Hankins in Round 2. Brandon Williams and John Jenkins in Round 3. Jesse Williams and Montori Hughes, Round 5.

Just makes me think this could've finally been our year to nab that guy.
We passed on plenty of excellent 2-Gap NT since Parcells left.

Plus we never ran the system right.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
We passed on plenty of excellent 2-Gap NT since Parcells left.

Plus we never ran the system right.
Yeah, I wasn't ever a fan of Ratliff at NT. I'm gonna love seeing him in this 4-3 though.

Remind me of some of the names we passed up on that you liked as 2 Gap NTs. I'm sure you're right, I just can't remember.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Yeah, I think Broaddus has confimed there is strong interest on both sides regarding Clabo. The issue will be money.
Maybe the thinking is that Frederick will result in Livings or Berny to get cut. That could free up money as well. Livings should be on watch. Berny already restructured.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe the thinking is that Frederick will result in Livings or Berny to get cut. That could free up money as well. Livings should be on watch. Berny already restructured.
I read today that Livings might be on the block.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
He'd have to be another June 1st cut. Otherwise his dead money hit is $4.5M this year and we can't afford that.

Ryan Cook could get cut. Would save us a cool Million. His dead money hit is only $150K. But his base salary is $1.1M.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I don't like this idea.

I think Livings is a better guard than Costa is C, so it makes sense to have Fred at C and Livings and Berney at guard.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 04-29-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I don't like this idea.

I think Livings is a better guard than Costa is C, so it makes sense to have Fred at C and Livings and Berney at guard.
Phil Costa makes peanuts. I think he sticks around as a backup, but I wouldn't rule out him at C and Frederick at OG just yet.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/phil-costa/

We could see a situation like Tyron Smith. Where he started off at RT but eventually went to the position that the team had for him all along at LT in Year 2. Frederick at OG in Year 1 and C in Year 2 is not out of the question.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Phil Costa makes peanuts. I think he sticks around as a backup, but I wouldn't rule out him at C and Frederick at OG just yet.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/phil-costa/

We could see a situation like Tyron Smith. Where he started off at RT but eventually went to the position that the team had for him all along at LT in Year 2. Frederick at OG in Year 1 and C in Year 2 is not out of the question.
Maybe, but I'm not advocating Costa being gone. He's a valuable guy, IMO. He can play either guard or center.

I'm just saying that I think our best 3 interior OL are Livings, Berney & Fred.

-Douglas MacArthur