Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-28-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Scott Wright's Initial Analysis of 2013 NFL Draft

Posted my initial thoughts on every pick in the top three rounds. 6,000+ Words!

Initial Analysis of 2013 NFL Draft
http://www.draftcountdown.com/Results/Review-A.php

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will also be posting more in-depth reviews with grades later this week.

Old 04-28-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the analysis! Like the review on Reid.

As for Tank, he's going to play with his hand on the ground. Baalke said he's going to be a 3-4 DE. He'll be our replacement for Justin Smith.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On point with the analysis of the Jets picks. I've been saying Austin would be a luxury pick for the Jets and we shouldn't take a slot receiver with Kerley emerging as a rare bright spot on our offense in that role for a while now. I think Richardson is more of a fit in Rex's scheme than Coples was last year though, so the pick doesn't surprise me too much, as the theme of BPA drafting seems to ignore scheme. Agree on the Geno comment as well, definitely worth the risk at #39.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Thanks for the analysis! Like the review on Reid.

As for Tank, he's going to play with his hand on the ground. Baalke said he's going to be a 3-4 DE. He'll be our replacement for Justin Smith.
Thanks for the heads up! Haven't had time to read up on how teams plan to use guys yet.

Gonna go update the analysis for that pick.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AZ is running a ZBS just for your information Scott

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what to think about the Colts taking Khaled Holmes. He was not impressive in '12, but was supposedly pretty good in '11. Looking forward to your thoughts there Scott.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
AZ is running a ZBS just for your information Scott
Are you sure?

That would be a change for Harold Goodwin, who has been a man-power guy.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I don't know what to think about the Colts taking Khaled Holmes. He was not impressive in '12, but was supposedly pretty good in '11. Looking forward to your thoughts there Scott.
I like Holmes as a mid-round pick.

REALLY liked him before the season but then had a disaster of a senior campaign just like every other USC prospect. Durability is an issue with Holmes and his being hurt was actually a pretty big factor in some of the Trojans struggles last year. There is some concern about Holmes' passion for the game as well. If his head is right and he is healthy Holmes absolutely has the talent to start in the NFL in my opinion. Big "If's" but that is why he was available in Round 4.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Are you sure?

That would be a change for Harold Goodwin, who has been a man-power guy.
yup, BA said it personally

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems everyone likes the Jaguars' draft. Like, vocally, going out of their way to say they like the Jaguars' draft.

I'm not sure if I can handle this.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott be hatin'.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
It seems everyone likes the Jaguars' draft. Like, vocally, going out of their way to say they like the Jaguars' draft.

I'm not sure if I can handle this.
I wasn't that impressed and fellow Jags fan in the UK weren't either...

First 2 picks no problems - Cyprien isn't perfect (bites too much on play action his big weakness) but I liked him more than Elam because of his size and range. Gratz great Combine - tape isn't great and certainly not better than Blidi Wreh-Wilson (who went a few picks later in division, which I think will be galling in 3 or 4 years); Robinson and Sanders I like - but I'm not sure I liked two "luxury" picks with so many other needs - Sanders combine numbers were very poor, which didn't match tape but is a concern particularly when he's so small. The late round DB's are OK - Evans as a center fielder; Harris I figured we would take - wiry kid, not as good as Davon House a couple of years back - raw; McCray I wasn't a huge fan - click and close guy fits I guess.

No QB was interesting - it was a weak class - bold decision for sure. Gabbert and Henne aren't the answer - hey maybe the UDFA Matt Scott can beat them out?! Mularkey only got one year - if we stink again (it's a QB league so likely) does that mean another HC gets fired?
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harmon no doubt appears to be a major reach, however Belichick has a track record of going off his own board and in general those "reach" picks have actually worked out pretty well.

Sebastian Vollmer was considered a reach who could have been had in the 4th or 5th.

Stevan Ridley was a major reach too. Many people thought he should have been drafted as a FB late in the draft.

Tavon Wilson was a major reach but he actually played pretty well in spots last year.

I didn't like the pick at the time, however I will reserve judgement for now

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Harmon no doubt appears to be a major reach, however Belichick has a track record of going off his own board and in general those "reach" picks have actually worked out pretty well.

Sebastian Vollmer was considered a reach who could have been had in the 4th or 5th.

Stevan Ridley was a major reach too. Many people thought he should have been drafted as a FB late in the draft.

Tavon Wilson was a major reach but he actually played pretty well in spots last year.

I didn't like the pick at the time, however I will reserve judgement for now
I agree with this. When I first saw the pick it was one of those "WTF" moments, but after watching some videos on him and seeing what Scotty and some of the other RU fans had to say I am pretty intrigued. We haven't had a safety who can effectively deep since forever, sure he may have been a massive reach but we have failed on a lot of selections in the mid rounds so if they have confidence in Harmon I am OK with it. We have needed a player who can play deep for a while.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote