Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-26-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I like you, Tim, so don't take it personally when I say that I hope the Jets make an awful decision today and the Red Wings lose tomorrow.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
I don't know what would be worse, if those QB needing teams didn't us a 4th to trade up past Jacksonville because they thought the other QBs prospects are just as good as Smith or if they think their current starters are.
I just think pro teams recognize that there is very little of quality at the position and view every QB in this draft as career backups at best.
Why would any team want to give up picks to get one of these bums?
Old 04-26-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Geno isn't a bad QB, but a lot of teams are looking in the 2nd round to grab one. I just don't see a massive difference between the #1 and the #5 QB.
I don't think any of the major QBs this year are bad, but none of them are ready to start right now so if you are a bad team you probably want to get guys that can make immediate impacts because if you don't you might be fired tomorrow.

It might be a year or two before any of them are named starter. Personally, I don't love Geno Smith.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is pretty clearly a huge discrepancy between how draftniks feel about Geno Smith and how NFL teams do. I question anyone who didn't see this coming though. All of the quarterback-needy teams, especially at the top of the draft, this year have overpaid or traded for mediocre to below-average vets when they could've had Smith. This isn't an Aaron Rodgers situation (that was a very unique year). It's closer to a Jimmy Clausen situation.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
There is pretty clearly a huge discrepancy between how draftniks feel about Geno Smith and how NFL teams do. I question anyone who didn't see this coming though. All of the quarterback-needy teams, especially at the top of the draft, this year have overpaid or traded for mediocre to below-average vets when they could've had Smith. This isn't an Aaron Rodgers situation (that was a very unique year). It's closer to a Jimmy Clausen situation.
I said Geno and Manuel are the best QB prospects in this draft and now they are the first two taken.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...ed-in-top-five

Quote:
Read the whole thing, it's pretty funny. It reads like someone here wrote it. Just a long-winded opinion with reasoning based on his assumptions and personal views about Smith.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And, for the record, teams that have done their work on Smith have no concerns about character or work ethic. It's rather ludicrous in this situation
This is the only worthwhile nugget in the whole thing, and that's where Rotoworld drew their conclusion. But the truth is JLC knows what he knows and that's it. My only reason to doubt him is that he has a history of being wrong. And "teams that have done their work on Smith" could mean two teams...
Casserly and Narwocki's sources said otherwise.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Browns (6), Cardinals (7), Bills (8) and Jets (9) are both dealing with band-aid quarterbacks but don't have a long-term commitment to any passer. I'm sorry, people, that looks like a ton of demand and the most limited of supply -- one quarterback worthy of being taken in the top 10. Bluff or not, that's more than enough of a backdrop to make at least one team feel like it might have to trade up to guarantee it gets Smith.

How silly will all of these teams look if they pass on a chance to take him? It's just not happening.
This line of thinking "well they all need QBs so obviously ONE of them is bound to take him!" assumes that one of these teams actually wants to take Geno Smith in the top 10...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Let's keep the following in mind:

Smith is, without a doubt, the top quarterback prospect in this draft. Period. No debate. Nothing he has done between his final college game and his pro day has changed that. He is the only sure-fire quarterback prospect in the top half of the first round.
This is pure opinion. I didn't know LFC was a football analyst or scout. I thought he was a reporter. Analyst's opinions about Smith and this QB class are all over the place. JLC basically states here that every single team in the NFL has him as their No. 1 QB, which is a ridiculous assumption.
Like I said, Rotoworld is taking JLC's opinion as gospel.

Here's what Adam Schefter, who is far more reliable said on the matter:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"It looks more and more like he's going to go in the top 10," Schefter said. "... It's difficult to say (exactly where he'll go), but it's not difficult to discern that Geno Smith is looking more and more like a top-ten pick."
That sounds like he's heard some buzz. But he's not guaranteeing anything probably because he doesn't know for sure. Just like no one knows for sure until it happens.

JAC, PHI, and OAK have had newspaper reports that call their interest in him a smokescreen. And I still think it's entirely possible that JAC, PHI do like him... but not in the top 5... 6 is Cleveland, and they could pounce, but I can alwso see this unfolding... the how is Leinart/Rodgers/Quinn/Clausen still on the board?!... Quinn passed Miami for TED GINN?!? WTF!?! All these teams are passing on him... and then if he gets past BUF/NYJ, and the JAC/PHI interest makes sense again...

Gun to my head, Smith will go in the top ten. The rookie wage scale absolutely helps him - which is a good point JLC makes.

But here are my arguments, and they've been consistent and No. 1 is my main argument, No. 2 I just think shouldn't be completely dismissed:

1) He's not WORTH a top-ten pick - I wouldn't take him there and I'll disagree with the team that does.

2) There is still a chance, perhaps slim, he falls into the teens, 20s, or later. It's the NFL draft and I've seen it happen before. The flaws in his game are just so evident that I think most teams will see them also. The Chiefs and Cardinals already said no.

He'll probably go high. But a "report" like this doesn't seal anything. Draft night does.
The link works now and I got page-trapped before. How does this get published?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I dont know about that. I would say it's in between the two. No one in the NFL thought Smith was a top QB but there weren't many QB needy teams that continually passed on him. Just a few, and the one that reached for another QB was the Bills. The 2010 draft had a QB go #1 overall and another team reached for Tim ****ing Tebow over him.

Like Rodgers, Smith at least has the Height-Arm-Speed combo to play QB in the NFL. Clausen had none of them.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Geno smith fired his agents over falling to round 2......
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a good leader he's going to be. Franchise material, I'd say. So accountable.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
What a good leader he's going to be. Franchise material, I'd say. So accountable.
You don't know what happened, so it's kind of ignorant to say this means he isn't a good leader.

Quote:
This will open up to Smith to easy criticism: It's not like the agents are at fault for his draft day fall, and it looks like he's taking it out on them. But that's overly simplistic and sympathetic to the agents.

Sports agents often make big promises they can't keep. We don't know what transpired between Smith and his agents, but he's well within his rights to fire them if they didn't deliver.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
You don't know what happened, so it's kind of ignorant to say this means he isn't a good leader.
From what I read the agent maid no gurantee he'd be taken in round 1. Smith already showed immaturity on draft night. This only adds fuel to the fire.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
yep

didnt help that after the pfw report came out, his agent did nothing to help stop the negative media/spin

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude is gonna crumble under the New York spotlight - gonna be fun to watch
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
yep

didnt help that after the pfw report came out, his agent did nothing to help stop the negative media/spin
Right. The agency of which he just fired did nothing to stop the negativity created in the wake of them being fired. Shocked I tell you.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
From what I read the agent maid no gurantee he'd be taken in round 1. Smith already showed immaturity on draft night. This only adds fuel to the fire.
I wish people would stop this. Nobody ever sits back and thinks about how awkward it must be to have a camera fixated on you for hours and hours and break down your every single move. It does suck, anybody normal would be mad, but nope I forgot when you are in the green room you aren't human anymore. Just under a huge microscope and you can't do anything right except sit with a blank stare off into the wall.

"He's looking at his phone the whole nite hahahaha what a loser I'm glad we didn't draft him he looks immature".

Quote:
We also read that Tyrann Mathieu is signing a contract with no guaranteed money which we know is 100% not true. So good thing we can trust everything we read, but who cares, it's the cool thing to pile on and blame him for everything possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 04-30-2013 at 05:01 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's kinda sad how quickly people will just twist reports to fit whatever narrative they want.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I wish people would stop this. Nobody ever sits back and thinks about how awkward it must be to have a camera fixated on you for hours and hours and break down your every single move. It does suck, anybody normal would be mad, but nope I forgot when you are in the green room you aren't human anymore. Just under a huge microscope and you can't do anything right except sit with a blank stare off into the wall.

"He's looking at his phone the whole nite hahahaha what a loser I'm glad we didn't draft him he looks immature".

We also read that Tyrann Mathieu is signing a contract with no guaranteed money which we know is 100% not true. So good thing we can trust everything we read, but who cares, it's the cool thing to pile on and blame him for everything possible.

He doesn't handle criticism nor media very well. The guy walked out of the draft room before the first round even ended. Bolted out and said he wasn't coming back.

Now he fires his agent because he wasn't a first round pick?

He needs to handle things better. Sure it's got to be tough to be in the draft room and not hear your name called. However, you don't react in a negative manner. People questioned his temper tantrums he threw on the sidelines against the likes of Kansas State during that blowout. He pretty much showed the same emotional action on Thursday and today firing his agent because he didn't make first round.

He's in New York. I mean, look at Manti Teo. You don't see any comments coming out of his mouth after the San Diego put a comment strip teasing him.

Geno Smith is going to get eaten alive by the NY Media.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People looking way too into this...how does changing his agent mean he's a bad leader? Robinson Cano switched his agent in baseball, does that cause character concerns?

Why can't he change agents? Maybe Geno's mad that on his mother's birthday, his agent gave him not the best information as far as coming to Radio City Music Hall for the draft when he could have simply stood at home and not deal with the whole hooplah.

People are grasping on straws these days.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All one has to do is look at how he handled himself on the sidelines when things weren't going his way at WVU. All of his enablers on this site will keep on keeping on making excuses for him.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Players fire agents all the time. That's a weak criticism if you're going to count that as a negative against him.

Don't speculate like you even know why Geno fired his agent.

Geno would've looked mental if he was smiling like a goof pick after pick and his name still wasn't called. Better to dip your head and stay glued to your cell.

Criticize the guy for his game, don't try so hard to find negatives off the field about his character that IMO aren't really there.

I've seen Brady rip his teammates so many times for poor play, I never understood why it was so out of character when Geno did it.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure one of the reasons maybe his agent advised him that playing in the senior bowl may ruin his chances of first round.

Maybe it would have helped maybe not. We shall never know, agent my have promised and lied. Saying the olé 'trust me kid you are a sure fire first round pick. I have connections and talked to people, you will be top 10 worst top 20.'

Then again who knows
Old 04-30-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Players fire agents all the time. That's a weak criticism if you're going to count that as a negative against him.

Don't speculate like you even know why Geno fired his agent.

Geno would've looked mental if he was smiling like a goof pick after pick and his name still wasn't called. Better to dip your head and stay glued to your cell.

Criticize the guy for his game, don't try so hard to find negatives off the field about his character that IMO aren't really there.

I've seen Brady rip his teammates so many times for poor play, I never understood why it was so out of character when Geno did it.
The thing is, Geno Smith reeks of passive aggressiveness. He hangs his head on the sidelines. Fires his agent because he wasn't picked #1. When you look at a guy like Tom Brady (you picked him), he shows frustration at times, but usually you see him on the sidelines trying to fire his guys up. Geno just looks like a loser and that's the nice way of saying that.

He has physical tools. Playing at the senior bowl would have helped him show those tools off.

Firing his agent isn't a big deal. It's just the kind of thing that looks bad because of the reasoning. It looks like he's hanging his head and crying on the sidelines again because he wasn't picked #1 overall.

If the Jets put him on the field day 1, his confidence will be gone by week 16. That OL is mediocre (at best) and the WR core is mediocre (at best, much worse if Holmes doesn't come back). He's going to struggle and if that defense can't cover up everything, the NY media will have Geno crucified.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
That OL is mediocre (at best)
PFF rated the jets OL last year as 3rd in the league. They have 2 perennial pro bowlers in DBrick and Mangold. Austin Howard is a decent RT (and young, an RFA starter). Moore and Slauson are gone, replaced by 2 out of the following: Willie Colon, Brian Winters, Vlad Ducasse, Stephen Peterman, and Oday Aboushi. There's some upheaval at the guard spots but It's a better than average offensive line, despite what people believe. top 10 isn't a crazy ranking for this line, if they stay healthy.

that being said, Geno Smith is not ready to start, and that's why he went in rd 2. I see alot of people saying Geno will be a bust, i guess that's possible but how does a 39 pick "busting" hurt you? I always thought a player had to be picked high to be a true bust. There are tons of players that don't pan out and if the price paid is low, so what? the Jets took Kellen Clemens once upon a time in the same round, him failing was far less hurtful than Sanchez a top 5 pick failing.

we can sit here all day and nitpick Geno and all his flaws but the bottom line is the Jets got him at value. if they used 9 instead of 39 it would have been a franchise-altering situation should he not pan out. At 39 he's a lottery ticket.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I laugh at everyone who trusts pff. I know it's off topic but I read somewhere they don't even have access to all 32 teams film.

Plus majority of their crap pumps up guys who aren't high salaried guys and overrates higher salaried players. Pretty biased website.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I laugh at everyone who trusts pff. I know it's off topic but I read somewhere they don't even have access to all 32 teams film.

Plus majority of their crap pumps up guys who aren't high salaried guys and overrates higher salaried players. Pretty biased website.
He was right though...D'Brick and Mangold are coming off pretty good years, Austin Howard given it was his 1st true year as a starter wasn't all too bad(Not great but not piss poor) and while we do lose our two guards, Winters could go on and do better than what Slauson did and Colon when healthy(Which is an if) should be what Moore was in 2012...inconsistent pass protector but solid run opener.

Also for the guys who question Geno Smith's character....what do you say about this gesture?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-the-draft/

Paying from his own wallet to bring a guy who he is very close with to the draft seems like a kind of great gesture.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote