Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-15-2013, 02:55 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Another incredible episode. Mad Men has always been great but it seems to get better every season.
Some people out there complain about the pace of the show (never bothered me) but you come to appreciate that because the characters are developed more slowly but more thoroughly from the start, the characters and dynamics keep getting stronger and stronger as we get deeper in the series.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great episode, my only minor complaint being that that kid doesn't remotely look like he could grow up to be Don, outside of the black hair.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 04-16-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post

Great episode, my only minor complaint being that that kid doesn't remotely look like he could grow up to be Don, outside of the black hair.
Lol, this is Jon Hamm in high school.

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My mother, 55 years old, used to be technologically illiterate (she didn't even know what texting was until about two years ago). Between Saturday and Sunday evening, she watched the entire first season of Mad Men on Netflix, on her iPad. She's an elementary school teacher with a 5th grade child, three grand kids and a child-like husband ... yet, she somehow managed to dedicate approximately 550 minutes to a 13-episode Mad Men marathon. How did I learn of this? She tweeted at me.

I've never been more proud.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Olson vs Draper!! I hope this happens. So far this season it's been more about everyone's life than work related stuff, but it'd be cool if it went back to focusing more on the office side of things.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have this feeling that Peggy is going to something really reprehensible this season. I don't know why, I just do. Through the entire series we've been made to feel for her as some kind of nothing-to-something underdog story and I think Weiner will want to troll us.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Olson vs Draper!! I hope this happens. So far this season it's been more about everyone's life than work related stuff, but it'd be cool if it went back to focusing more on the office side of things.
It would be purdy cool if they both had to pitch for ketchup...but only if Don wins (duh).
Old 04-18-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I have this feeling that Peggy is going to something really reprehensible this season. I don't know why, I just do. Through the entire series we've been made to feel for her as some kind of nothing-to-something underdog story and I think Weiner will want to troll us.
She's going to be Don Draper. She is going to be effin dudes (a few chicks too) in movie theaters and beyond all season. It will be awesome.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get Pumped Guys
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Wow. 10/10 episode. Really ******* bringing it early this season.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great ******* episode. HARRY CRANE!

GOT and Mad Men back to back is just too much.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harry actually has earned it unlike Pete and Joan.

oh and JEFFERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!

him selling a 3 way. The look on Don's face.

and Dons ad was classic don, subtle and designed to make the consumer want the product in ways they never even thought of. Peggy's was more simple, just "hey we're gonna put a huge bottle of Heinz ketchup on a billboard."

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 04-21-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty great episode. Got some nice new secondary plots rolling.

And we've finally seen the new Bert Cooper office!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Nice ep, didn't like it as much as last week. That argument between Pete and Crane was priceless. Also, the people behind the show decided to show Bobby Draper for more than 20 seconds.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This week > last week. Easily.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last week was better. This one was scattered and too similar to the JFK death episode.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

I was a little surprised by how much people in here loved last week's episode. It was solid but nothing special (relatively). Nothing really happened to advance the plot in today's episode yet somehow I think it probably ends up being more memorable. That's one thing that's really kinda unique about Mad Men compared to other dramas: it can still have strong episode with little to no plot advancement.

Bobby Draper: Don't call it a comeback, you've never been here in years.

Last edited by TACKLE : 04-29-2013 at 01:36 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:33 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I liked this weeks a lot more than last weeks as well. Last weeks was good, this weeks was very good, best of the season so far.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:11 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree but it was mostly just 2 scenes for me, Don & Bobby & Don & Megan at the end

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Don's speech at the end got me right in the feels.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Don's speech at the end got me right in the feels.
It was one of the most powerful moments throughout the series as far as emotionality is concerned, in my opinion. I knew Don felt something when Bobby said to the theater attendant that "Everyone goes to the movies when they're sad." Then, Don looked at him for a moment in a way that you hadn't quite seen before - like he was genuinely proud that was his son.

Fantastic episode.

Also got a laugh out of the insurance guy, and the awkward hug between Don's secretary and Joan.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite episode so far of what has been an amazing season. For as often as it is praised I still think Mad Men is underrated. The character developed that happened this episode was second to no show.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty fantastic tonight.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote