Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-28-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
When we have the packers in our division we need to be 4 cbs deep if we ever want to have a real chance. Plus I'm sure the hope is that after some development we can cut houston to save some money.
Now GB has a run game with Lacey & Franklin drafted, plus AP in Minny is all world. Oh Forte is still a rock. So Stopping the run is AS key IMO. OLB is a very important position for that obviously, Arthur Brown or Khaseem Greene, guys like that would ave been more my flavor ... But maybe Whithead is going to rock it this year out there, & Slay could wind up be a stud cover guy. His speed & stickiness are God given, so is the questionable knee :-) Houston just signed btw, so he likely ends his career a Lion.
They improved for sure, the division did as well. Minnesota's D is going to be elite, GB offense remains video game-esqe, it's gonna be interesting.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:12 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boy if Ziggy and Devin Taylor put it together that pass rush is going to be scary. I was wanting the Chiefs to take Taylor and bulk him up, that kind of freak athleticism and size is exciting. Of the first four picks, the Lions only questionable one is their first. Ziggy is a huge risk. Can't deny the upside, but risky. Slay probably could've been a first round pick, and Warford is a steal in the 3rd. Love Michael Williams as a blocking TE, and maybe he can bulk up and play LT since the Lions don't seem to have one.

B.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013043.../1049/sports01

In case someone missed it. It looks like Reiff/Sims/Raiola/Warford/Fox or Hilliard at RT will be our oline. Nagy can push Raiola or Warford. Pretty straight forward.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ok with that at this point. Mayhew is going to end up being judged by how Reiff and Ansah turn out though. He better hope they perform.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayhew probably still has 3 more years at the least. The coordinators are gone after this season if we do bad, maybe Schwartz.. but I think they'd give him one more year with new coordinators. Mayhew will be allowed a new head coach. If that new coach fails, I think we'll be hiring a new GM.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
I'm ok with that at this point. Mayhew is going to end up being judged by how Reiff and Ansah turn out though. He better hope they perform.
I think it is far more a case of how well Ansah does. He had better come through or this team will be a very average football team even with a solid franchise QB.

I have no doubt that Schwartz sold Mayhew on Ansah after he coached him at the Senior Bowl, so his job is definitely on the line but Mayhew may survive because Ford is a completely incompetent owner.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can Ansah do what Bruce Irvin did is the question. 10 sacks, 12 hits and 20 hurries in 344 snaps. Ansah will most likely get 100-150 more pass rush snaps than Irvin.

Or what Avril did in 2011 in 503 pass rush snaps, 11 sacks, 8 hits and 38 hurries with better run defense.

Surely he won't be as terrible as what KVB did. 4 sacks, 13 hits and 12 hurries in 383 pass rush snaps. Very low bar there.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think it is far more a case of how well Ansah does. He had better come through or this team will be a very average football team even with a solid franchise QB.

I have no doubt that Schwartz sold Mayhew on Ansah after he coached him at the Senior Bowl, so his job is definitely on the line but Mayhew may survive because Ford is a completely incompetent owner.
I think Reiff at LT is a big part of how he'll be judged now too. This is a pretty important season and he is the only LT option on the entire roster.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Reiff at LT is a big part of how he'll be judged now too. This is a pretty important season and he is the only LT option on the entire roster.
Fox has some ability at LT but not durability you want obviously. And Hilliard did well in the playoff game at LT when Backus went down. For an entire season Hilliard would be bad news though.

Reiff has strength, athleticism and is a hard worker. Just lacks in arm length but Backus didn't have that either. Reiff has a good shot to get it done at LT with the right balance. At least Reiff can do how Backus did it as the low bar. Backus was terrible in run blocking last year but good in pass blocking. We'll see if we were taking him for granted soon enough. Glad we picked Reiff though considering how the board went this year. Lions would be so screwed if Mayhew didn't plan ahead with the BPA at the time Reiff. Even if Reiff fails, I can't fault Mayhew too much considering the info he had at the time of the pick and how the 2013 draft went.

Reiff looked fine on Thanksgiving and they scored 31 against a solid Texans D with Reiff at LT. He has potential and a nice offseason to learn and get bigger.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Just rewatched the Thanksgiving game focusing on Reiff. He did well and more than held his own. A couple hurries and one bad pressure that led to a sack. I'm comfortable with Reiff at LT but of course he has way more to prove over 16 games.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never questioned Reiff's ability to play LT, I think Reiff can be a decent LT, nothing great but quite capable of being above average. The trouble is that we throw the ball 700 times a season and to be effective, our OL needs to be really solid and I'm just not at all that sure this is what we are going to get. I think Mayhew in this draft, passed on an opportunity to have a great OL.

GM have a choice and the great ones usually build up one side of the ball and make absolute sure that it can carry a team through rough spots, then they try and add a piece or 2 to the other side of the ball but it is never the main priority.

I'm just wondering if Mayhew has gone off track and is trying too hard to build both sides of the ball all at once, a classic error that weaker GM's get caught up in.

Offense wins in the current NFL with its ridiculous rules favouring the passing game, Detroit had one of the best offenses in the NFL and it should be on the verge of greatness, however it will all depend on the OL to make it work, we lost Backus this year and obviously Raiola will go after next year, yet we chose to add to our defense instead of strengthening the one thing that makes this team a possible contender.

I'm reminded of Pittsburgh, who were on top of the world with Roelisberger just a few years ago, but took its time replacing their OL for a couple of years, the result was a disaster as Roelisberger got completely beat up in the process until they finally decided to go that route, in the meantime, Roelisberger's health took a nosedive and it's very difficult to know if he can stay healthy for a whole season now that they have made an effort to improve their OL.

I have never questioned Mayhew's draft picks till this year, but I have to say, I'm real concerned that he may have let the strength of this team deteriorate and I'm wondering now if Stafford will pay the price with his health.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 05-02-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I concur. If you have Stafford in a fantasy league get everything you can for him, he'll be on the DL before the fourth game.
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

The Lions offense/Stafford also gets rid of the ball super quickly, as to avoid a large amount of sacks. Bush should help in that department too. He can make big plays on low risk passes/runs.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Leonsandcastle
Rookie

Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leonsandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Now GB has a run game with Lacey & Franklin drafted
You won't fix bad run blocking by drafting running backs, Green bay will still be a pass first team with a couple rookie RB's averaging 3.X ypc.
Leonsandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

We have a 1st round pick waiting in the wings at LT, Sims at LG and just drafted Warford. Competition finally for Raiola with Nagy and RT maybe moving on for Gosder is a good thing especially at the size of his contract. He didn't exactly light the world on fire run blocking but finally got it pass blocking the last year and a half.

Hilliard and Fox deserve their chance and have some talent if not go out and sign Eric Winston if you want the vet experienced RT. We are going to add a vet tackle IMO. Mayhew has hinted at it.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
Can Ansah do what Bruce Irvin did is the question. 10 sacks, 12 hits and 20 hurries in 344 snaps. Ansah will most likely get 100-150 more pass rush snaps than Irvin.

Or what Avril did in 2011 in 503 pass rush snaps, 11 sacks, 8 hits and 38 hurries with better run defense.

Surely he won't be as terrible as what KVB did. 4 sacks, 13 hits and 12 hurries in 383 pass rush snaps. Very low bar there.
Except, your asking an awful lot of a player who only started a few games in college, I doubt Ansah will be very effective his rookie year but you never know, just saying it is a huge longshot IMO and he could also bust, there just is only one game he was judged on, the Senior Bowl, with its crazy rules and total lack of practice by the OL. The NFL will be an immense adjustment for him, so I won't be shocked if it takes him 3 seasons to reach starting status and be truly effective.
I hope I'm wrong and he blows the league out of the water, but I just don't see it.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...roit_lion.html
Old 05-13-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's a mini camp where he lined up against draft picks and FA's, hardly even worth noting. You never hear a bad word about rookies this early in the season from any coach or GM, it is all very positive every year till the season starts, then the truth begins to come out.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't say some of that stuff is "hardly even worth noting." Sure the overall performance doesn't mean much, but some of the traits displayed are encouraging. "Ansah has remarkable acceleration off the snap" is not something that is going to change when he lines up against superior players. Same with "also showed the ability to transition from speed to power, getting better with the use of his hands."
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

This is quite random, but there was a quote from the Bears today about how they basically drafted Kyle Long in the first round to deal with Ndamakong Suh. I found that kind of interesting since everyone likes to call Suh overrated.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Quote:
Except, your asking an awful lot of a player who only started a few games in college, I doubt Ansah will be very effective his rookie year but you never know, just saying it is a huge longshot IMO and he could also bust, there just is only one game he was judged on, the Senior Bowl, with its crazy rules and total lack of practice by the OL. The NFL will be an immense adjustment for him, so I won't be shocked if it takes him 3 seasons to reach starting status and be truly effective.
I hope I'm wrong and he blows the league out of the water, but I just don't see it.
This is fair. He's been compared to JPP a lot and JPP started off slow with like 5 or 6 sacks his rookie year. I could see that with Ansah. I'd really love to snag Abraham or Freeney as a bridge.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

I really don't think the new DEs can play anyworse than they did last year. I also look forward to not playing backup safeties and number 2 CB the majority of the year as well. Or missing WR 2-4, best RB(16 games), and TE for the final 4-5 games of the year.

0 defenisve/special teams points forced by Detroit also won't be repeated (maybe get 3-4 TDS in 2013). Also, 70 points given up from direct turnovers/special teams. Cut that in half (35 points given up from turnovers/special teams).

55 points given up on short fields from turnovers compared to only 4 short field for Detroit offense resulting in 12 points should be changed as well.

8 long drives for Detroit's offense resulting in 0 ponts (4 picks, 2 fumbles, 2 turnovers on downs), I don't see happening again.

Detroit is too good not to win 9-11 games if they get the turnovers under control again. (+4 and +11 in 2010/2011)

Last edited by Maybe This Year Mayhew : 05-17-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:26 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I really don't think the new DEs can play anyworse than they did last year. I also look forward to not playing backup safeties and number 2 CB the majority of the year as well. Or missing WR 2-4, best RB(16 games), and TE for the final 4-5 games of the year.

0 defenisve/special teams points forced by Detroit also won't be repeated (maybe get 3-4 TDS in 2013). Also, 70 points given up from direct turnovers/special teams. Cut that in half (35 points given up from turnovers/special teams).

55 points given up on short fields from turnovers compared to only 4 short field for Detroit offense resulting in 12 points should be changed as well.

8 long drives for Detroit's offense resulting in 0 ponts (4 picks, 2 fumbles, 2 turnovers on downs), I don't see happening again.

Detroit is too good not to win 9-11 games if they get the turnovers under control again. (+4 and +11 in 2010/2011)
I would agree as long as the OL holds up, if it slips, then the Lions may only be a .500 team and may really struggle to reach that goal if Ansah is mediocre.
As for injuries, they are going to strike pretty well every team, that's just life in the NFL. The good teams have real depth to handle injuries.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
I would agree as long as the OL holds up, if it slips, then the Lions may only be a .500 team and may really struggle to reach that goal if Ansah is mediocre.
As for injuries, they are going to strike pretty well every team, that's just life in the NFL. The good teams have real depth to handle injuries.
Agreed the Oline is the biggest concern. I like Reiff and Warfords talent though. Raiola is solid in pass pro but sucks in run blocking and Sims is a good guard. Gosder didn't exactly light the world on fire in 2011 when they won 10 games so Hilliard/Fox will get their shot.

As for depth, the Lions did have good depth in 2012. That depth just seemed to get hurt too. Fairley was great depth for Corey Williams and Fairley missed the last 3 after a great string of games and SLH did well too. SLH missed the final game. Ashlee Palmer did well filling in for Levy for 2 games. Shaun Hill did well filling in for Stafford, Broyles was great depth when Burleson went down and after Young went crazy (Houston game for Broyles). Scheffler is good depth but I was a little disappointed in Scheffler when Pettigrew went down the last 4 games. It truly sucked missing WRs 2-4 and TE the last 4 games on top of Best. No explosive RB and no weapons is not good. That is alot of people to be missing for 4-5 games.

That being said they were 4-7 before the major weapon injuries but there were various other reason we lost at Min, GB, Hou and Indy (bad DE play, turnovers, Delmas limited). Detroit could have won 3 of those games easily and beat Min and at Ten too for a 6-2 start if not for two terrible special teams games. Everything that could go wrong (turnovers, injuries, losing close games, unexpected bad DE play, losing Best, not making that one extra play in the redzone) did go wrong.

Don Carey did well at safety in the end of the season but he was hurt in TC so we were forced to roll with Wendling,Coleman and Silva combo after Delmas, Spievey AND Carey got hurt early. Bentley got hurt in pre-season(both shoulders), Lacey battled injuries all year, Greenwood was on IR, Florence went on temp IR but did suck when he got back we started the year with Houston out 2 games(San Fran he was missed). Jonte Green actually did average considering the circumstances. Number 2 /nickel CB and backups safety carousel really kills the continuity on the back end. Delmas would play but was also limited. 4th quarter breakdowns seemed to happen when he was out.

Now with Slay and Quin, I think the Lions should be set for depth at CB and Safety no matter what happened last year. And may have gotten better at starter. They can lose Delmas and Bentley/Greenwood again now and still have good talent other than Houston in the secondary.

Last edited by Maybe This Year Mayhew : 05-19-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Figure I'll start a pre season needs for the draft. It will be interesting to see how this list changes as the season goes by.

In Order:

1) Oline
2) Safety
3) LB
4) WR

No doubt in my mind Oline needs to be addressed heavily. I see maybe 3 starters this year as more than 1 year guys (Reiff, Sims, Warford). I wouldn't mind seeing us use 2 of our first 3 picks on the oline and solidify the trenches for the long term future.

I have safety at #2 because I don't expect Delmas to be here after this year. His contract is structured so that he gets a lot of money if we pick up his option. His health doesn't seem to be getting any better either. Unless Spievey shows great progress when he gets his chances when doesn't play (let's be real, he's not playing all 16 games). Hopefully Spievey can step up and this can get removed from the list as well.

I'm really hoping LB can be removed from this list. In an ideal world Whitehead or Lewis step up and prove capable of playing OLB for the long term future.

WR is definitley a need that has to be addressed. Hopefully Broyles can stay healthy because I loved what I saw from him in his limited action last year. I think this is probably Burleson's last year here. Absolutely need a vertical threat opposite of Calvin, but we could probably find that in free agency if we really needed to.