Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a little whacked out isn't he.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God, I love me some Grizzlies. Dudes just grind.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Z-Bo's style when he's on is how i love my post players to play. Dude is unstoppable in the block.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Griffin get injured at some point?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Did Griffin get injured at some point?
he got a high ankle sprain in practice. He played this game but left and didn't come back.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Naah, if you are prospective owner you're supposed to sign an agreement that says you cant sue the league. The Maloofs can sue if say the Sacto ownership doesn't meet Seattle's price but I dont think thats an issue because the Maloofs are flat broke and don't want to go into an extended legal battle. If you get financing for arena and ownership right I think you'll be ok there.
I'm pretty sure owners have to sign litigation waivers the same as prospective owners.

Still, I would love to see the Maloofs and Hansen/Ballmer get their asses handed to them by David Stern.

Whoa. When did I start rooting for Stern?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm telling ya, I feel good about Memphis. They can be a sleeper out of the West. They have the toughness and inside scoring you need to go far in the playoffs.

And they have good perimeter defense. Good defense on both the interior and perimeter, coupled with good tough, physical post play on offense always gives you a shot to win.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

memphis just needs a perimeter scorer. Man to see them have someone who could just put the ball in the hoop would be awesome working with Marc and Z-bo

actually both these series are with fun teams that I like. Hope they both go 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm telling ya, I feel good about Memphis. They can be a sleeper out of the West. They have the toughness and inside scoring you need to go far in the playoffs.

And they have good perimeter defense. Good defense on both the interior and perimeter, coupled with good tough, physical post play on offense always gives you a shot to win.
But but but superstars!!!!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
But but but superstars!!!!
I said they're a sleeper. Not that they're the front runners.

SA is the front runner with Wilson going down. The West is a lot weaker than people think. The top 2 teams of the East (Heat/Knicks) are better than any of the 8 teams in the West.

The West is just deeper. But deeper doesn't mean better.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

And even if Memphis does make the Finals, that won't disprove my point that you need a superstar to win the whole thing, bc both the Knicks and Heat would mop the floor with Memphis.

The championship is coming out of the East.

Look back at the last 10 championship winners in this league. Name me one team outside of a Pistons team (that only won bc Shaq/Kobe literally sabotaged the Finals with their egos) that won the whole thing without a closer.

You can't. They all had one.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And even if Memphis does make the Finals, that won't disprove my point that you need a superstar to win the whole thing, bc both the Knicks and Heat would mop the floor with Memphis.

The championship is coming out of the East.

Look back at the last 10 championship winners in this league. Name me one team outside of a Pistons team (that only won bc Shaq/Kobe literally sabotaged the Finals with their egos) that won the whole thing without a closer.

You can't. They all had one.
I could see the knicks having real trouble with Memphis.

They have perimeter defenders for Melo, better inside guys that will negate any rebounding advantage, and a fast point guard which will make playing Kidd and Felton at the same time very difficult.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I could see the knicks having real trouble with Memphis.

They have perimeter defenders for Melo, better inside guys that will negate any rebounding advantage, and a fast point guard which will make playing Kidd and Felton at the same time very difficult.
We have the muscle inside to fight their front court. And they don't have enough perimeter offense to force us to go small. We can go big with Chandler and Martin to beat up their front court and play Melo at the 3.

Put Shump on their PG. They're done.

And when we do go small, that puts Zbo on Melo. ZBo can't guard Melo.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but melo can't guard Zbo soooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have the muscle inside to fight their front court. And they don't have enough perimeter offense to force us to go small. We can go big with Chandler and Martin to beat up their front court and play Melo at the 3.

Put Shump on their PG. They're done.

And when we do go small, that puts Zbo on Melo. ZBo can't guard Melo.
Chandler has to get right before he can do anything versus ZBo or Gasol. I think the Knicks could get in foul trouble quickly. Also, Put Tony Allen on Melo and then a big guy could take one of your standing shooters. AKA what the bulls do with Boozer against the Nets.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
but melo can't guard Zbo soooo
He can. Melo is a great defender when he wants to be, aka the playoffs.

Last time we played the Grizzlies he completely shut down Randolph. He embarassed him. Randolph can't handle Melo.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Chandler has to get right before he can do anything versus ZBo or Gasol. I think the Knicks could get in foul trouble quickly. Also, Put Tony Allen on Melo and then a big guy could take one of your standing shooters. AKA what the bulls do with Boozer against the Nets.
That's true, but then who guards JR?

I'd imagine Allen is gonna take JR out, and they'll double Melo inside.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the X factor would be JR Smith in a New York vs Memphis match up. Tony Allen is a pretty good wing defender and in the last 3 games against Melo, Anthony has had 22, 20, and 14 with Memphis going 2-1. I think the 14 point game was when Melo was hurt though, I can't remember. The game that New York actually won was when JR went for 35 points and he was on fire that night!

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

JR Smith is gonna be the X factor for us throughout the playoffs. If we get good JR, we can go all the way.

If we get bad JR, we're losing to the Heat.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get past the Pacers first before you worry about the Heat or anyone else, for that matter.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The Pacers need to worry about the Hawks right now. It should be obvious by now that neither of those teams can hang with us. We'll blow the doors off of both of them.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really is cute how you think your team can hang with the Heat or anyone in the West.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol at all the Knicks confidence.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD is delusional if he believes the knicks are better than all 8 western teams

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or even half of them.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote