Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That production is impressive no matter what level of competition you are at. I like the pick we will see what we do round 4. We have 2 4thz right
Old 04-26-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very pleased with day 2. Made a great move to get Arthur Brown, who's a plug & play, and Brandon Williams can develop behind the vets we have while competing with Terrance Cody.

Random thoughts - Numbers I'd like the rookies to take:

Matt Elam - 42 (Nigel Carr, LB, has it now)
Arthur Brown - 54 (Adrian Hamilton, OLB, has it now)
Brandon Williams - 98
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love brown, williams fit the scheme. would really like barrett jones now or a LT with upside
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
That production is impressive no matter what level of competition you are at. I like the pick we will see what we do round 4. We have 2 4thz right
yessir, back to back 4th rounders. #129 and #130(comp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Very pleased with day 2. Made a great move to get Arthur Brown, who's a plug & play, and Brandon Williams can develop behind the vets we have while competing with Terrance Cody.

Random thoughts - Numbers I'd like the rookies to take:

Matt Elam - 42 (Nigel Carr, LB, has it now)
Arthur Brown - 54 (Adrian Hamilton, OLB, has it now)
Brandon Williams - 98
I think Elam already nabbed #31.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Williams makes up for the lack of size with Baltimore's first two picks. I like it though. Taking a NT isn't my favorite thing in the world but Williams is versatile and allows the team to throw out some really interesting DL combinations. If Cody doesn't regain his 2011-2012 form it was going to be a big need anyways and Ngata can be lined up anywhere without leaving a weak spot at NT.

There are some interesting names left on the board. I don't think Baltimore has enough ammo with their remaining picks to significantly trade up but I wouldn't mind them doing it for a OL or WR. Okafor and Greene are available too even though neither play a position of need.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Well, Williams makes up for the lack of size with Baltimore's first two picks. I like it though. Taking a NT isn't my favorite thing in the world but Williams is versatile and allows the team to throw out some really interesting DL combinations. If Cody doesn't regain his 2011-2012 form it was going to be a big need anyways and Ngata can be lined up anywhere without leaving a weak spot at NT.

There are some interesting names left on the board. I don't think Baltimore has enough ammo with their remaining picks to significantly trade up but I wouldn't mind them doing it for a OL or WR. Okafor and Greene are available too even though neither play a position of need.
Agreed, I didn't initially like the Williams pick but it has indeed grown on me. He's an incredibly built 335lbs (38 reps at the combine, ranked#1) and I can see him playing all over the DL. Not to mention, Cody just had surgery and Chris Canty has never been the picture of perfect health. DL is going to perform a whole lot better this year, can't wait.

Also, random thought but the more and more I think about Matt Elam, the more and more I am reminded of Bob Sanders.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:37 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So... John Simon and Kyle Juszczyk. Hmm. I like the Juszczyk pick more.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

congrats on kappie, dont think ill miss a player more of this class of ND players than him

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great job on the draft! I think the Ravens did superb.
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's your thoughts on John Simon everyone? Can he contribute to anything other then special teams?
Old 04-27-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Baltimore's Draft Recap:

1:32 - Matt Elam
2:56 - Arthur Brown
3:94 - Brandon Williams
4:129 - John Simon
4:130 - Kyle Juszcyzk
5:168 - Ricky Wagner
6:200 - Kapron Lewis-Moore
6:203 - Ryan Jensen
7:238 - Aaron Mellette
7:247 - Marc Anthony

Who were your favorite and least favorite picks?

My favorite was easily Arthur Brown. No explanation necessary. My least favorite was John Simon. I think he profiles more as a SAM in the NFL despite his sack numbers at Ohio State and with Upshaw already on the team I don't see how Simon gets a lot of snaps. As a player I don't have a problem with him just his fit on the team.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 04-27-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Kyle Juszcyzk, maybe not for a power run game but he can move around and be more than just a lead blocker.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I liked that pick too. Just not as much as Arthur Brown. Towards the end of the season after Caldwell took over it seemed like the Ravens were moving away from a power-run game and included a lot more runs out of 1-back sets. If they expand their hurry-up offense Juszcyzk is invaluable since he can line up at FB, TE, and even in the slot.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh hi guys.

anyone know if this brown kid from kansas state is any good?
Old 04-28-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
oh hi guys.

anyone know if this brown kid from kansas state is any good?
Old 04-28-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I remembered today that I made this sig back in early December.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Im predicting rookie of the year for Brown. I dont see any of the pass rushers putting up big sack #s, Brown should at least be a tackling machine with our dline and jameel or rolando taking up blockers for him. I am just as excited as everyone else is for this pick. The ppl that are already comparing him to Ray need to calm down though. I can see him becoming a Novarro Bowman like player.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:41 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arthur Brown is a stud and Kapron is valuable depth if his knee is healthy. Williams is intriguing and I like how he performed at the Senior Bowl. Elam...I like him well enough, but there is something about him that pushes me away. Overall I think the Ravens will be taking a step back this year due to all the talent that they lost. Of course, Newsome is still drafting for you guys, so I'm probably dead wrong.

D.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Arthur Brown is a stud and Kapron is valuable depth if his knee is healthy. Williams is intriguing and I like how he performed at the Senior Bowl. Elam...I like him well enough, but there is something about him that pushes me away. Overall I think the Ravens will be taking a step back this year due to all the talent that they lost. Of course, Newsome is still drafting for you guys, so I'm probably dead wrong.

D.
I don't think we lost as much talent as everyone is making it out to be. Leadership, yes, talent, not so much.

The biggest loss IMO will be Boldin, everyone else has been or can be replaced.

However no one can replace the leadership of Ray and Ed, but production wise, I think we will be fine, if not better than last year.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I don't have any doubt the defense will be statistically better than last year (pending injuries). The front seven has been bolstered more than I expected it to be and the secondary got a lot better in terms of coverage by replacing Williams with Webb, Pollard with Elam, and Ree with Huff (man coverage for that one at least). There are still enough good and savvy veterans on the team where the loss of leadership shouldn't be devastating. It'll be felt but I have faith that the team can pull through.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Regarding leadership I think we will be fine. Guys like Webb And Jameel McClain will be busting butt to get back there because they missed out this year. Then you will have a veteran like Dumerville who hasn't won a ring yet either. I'm sure we will be fine in the leadership department. Granted not on a ray Lewis level of leadership but no one will be.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:10 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Anyone think one of own young WR's will emerge or do you think our recieving corps will fall into another lull until we spend an sign a quality/spend an early draft pick on another WR? Not trying to be pessimistic and I would love for their to be a pleasant surprise but I'm not counting on any of the guys we have being anything more than ordinary.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Im not getting my hopes up either. But I do expect Pitta to tear it up this year and be a pro bowler.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as leadership goes, I expect Suggs to step up and embrace that role on the defense. There are different ways to lead, and you dont need to have fire and brimstone motivational speeches like the ones of Ray, to inspire and lead your teammates.
The way he came back and played despite not being anywhere near 100% to help the team last year, should earn him a huge amount of respect from his teammates. He might be a bit of a lighthearted goof at times, but I dont think anyone within the team questions his dedication, passion and intensity for one second. There is a lot of highly motivated, hard working high-character guys on the defense this year, but if one guy will step up and be that vocal leader, who makes sure everybody is in the right place, I fully expect it to be T-Sizzle.

On another note, I really like what Ozzie did in the early stages of the draft. The first four guys, Elam, Brown, Williams and Simon, all seem to be intense, hard working, high character guys who will fit the profile of the saying "Play like a Raven". IMO this is the perfect way to start rebuilding the identity of the defense in the upcoming season.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree I love the pick ups. At first IDK about the Simon pick but having his attitude and intensity alone in the locker room will be a plus. I really am looking forward for this defense. Do you guys feel we can be a top 5 defense? I think we can as long as we stay healthy and Suggs returns to form. Not necessarily DPOY for but a 8 sack guy who is one of the best edge setters and coverage 34 OLB in football