Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Power Rating Thread

Since ESPN is doing it, why not us. Some of you are smarter than some of them:

Here's mine:
  1. San Francisco
  2. New England
  3. Seattle
  4. Atlanta
  5. Denver
  6. Green Bay
  7. Houston
  8. New Orleans
  9. Baltimore
  10. Washington
  11. NY Giants
  12. Pittsburgh
  13. Indianapolis
  14. Cincinnati
  15. St Louis
  16. Minnesota
  17. Miami
  18. Chicago
  19. Dallas
  20. San Diego
  21. Detroit
  22. Carolina
  23. Tampa Bay
  24. Kansas City
  25. Philly
  26. Arizona
  27. Buffalo
  28. Oakland
  29. Cleveland
  30. Tennessee
  31. NY Jets
  32. LA Jaguars

At least give your top 5 or 10.
Bottom 5 too if you feel mean.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 04-30-2013 at 11:37 PM. Reason: missing
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Since ESPN is doing it, why not us. Some of you are smarter than some of them:

Here's mine:
  1. San Francisco
  2. New England
  3. Seattle
  4. Atlanta
  5. Denver
  6. Green Bay
  7. New Orleans
  8. Baltimore
  9. Washington
  10. NY Giants
  11. Pittsburgh
  12. Indianapolis
  13. Cincinnati
  14. St Louis
  15. Minnesota
  16. Miami
  17. Chicago
  18. Dallas
  19. San Diego
  20. Detroit
  21. Carolina
  22. Kansas City
  23. Philly
  24. Arizona
  25. Buffalo
  26. Oakland
  27. Tennessee
  28. NY Jets
  29. LA Jaguars

At least give your top 5 or 10.
Bottom 5 too if you feel mean.
What you did there...I see it.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me the Bucs are better than Minny, Miami, Rams, Bears and Saints.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
What you did there...I see it.
Yeah, please don't give us the Jags, we don't want them. :(
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:24 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Well, the Bucs and Saints will play twice so we'll see. I'll take Brees over Freeman there.

I think the Rams will be much improved with some actual weapons at WR now, and remember they were undefeated last year vs the NFC's best, 49ers.
Their defense is solid.

I don't know what to think of Minny. I bet the UNDER on them last year for team wins, and they had me a loser by the end of October.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the rankings. I think sf needs to improve on the wide outs first and see if the defense holds up then they can move up to number one if it all comes together in the season. Week 1 will be a real test against the Packers.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course they are.

The Bucs are were they should be. I think until they prove otherwise that's fair for the Raiders

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:19 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Seattle Seahawks
2. San Francisco 49ers
3. Atlanta Falcons
4. Houston Texans
5. Green Bay Packers
6. New England Patriots
7. Denver Broncos
8. Baltimore Ravens
9. Indianapolis Colts
10. Chicago Bears
11. New York Giants
12. St Louis Rams
13. Washington Redskins
14. Miami Dolphins
15. New Orleans Saints
16. Cincinnati Bengals
17. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
18. Minnesota Vikings
19. Dallas Cowboys
20. Philadelphia Eagles
21. Pittsburgh Steelers
22. Cleveland Browns
23. Tennessee Titans
24. San Diego Chargers
25. Detroit Lions
26. Kansas City Chiefs
27. Carolina Panthers
28. Arizona Cardinals
29. Buffalo Bills
30. New York Jets
31. Jacksonville Jaguars
32. Oakland Raiders

A few things to note. Once again I see the NFC being significantly stronger this year with the top 3 teams from that conference and the bottom 4 teams from the AFC.

I love what Houston have done, significantly the addition of Nuke Hopkins. He can start day one and take the attention away from Andre Johnson. That offense should be more explosive.

I know Sean Payton is back but I don’t see how the Saints are a much better team and the NFC South has gotten a lot better the last few years.

Of the surprise teams last year (Seattle withstanding) I think the Colts are the best placed to stay in the hunt. They have a really good base unit and have added some nice depth. If Fleener can improve his second year and the get better line play they could be very good.

At this point it’s hard to narrow down to one team who I think can have a turnaround year. Gun to my head if I had to pick one bad team from last year to turn it around I would say the Eagles. I like the new culture brought in by Kelly and think the players will buy into it

I have the Vikings taking a step backwards this year for a few reasons. First, I don't think Peterson can have as good a year as he did. Second, I don't think Patterson can make an immediate impact in the passing game. And finally, Ponder will have to win some games and I am not sure he will be able to do it.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns will be #1 on that list after the Super Bowl, MARK MY WORDS.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Seattle Seahawks take a step back this year. Over-hyped teams who make huge splashes in the offseason often disappoint. I think 9-7 and fighting for the Wild Card is where they'll be. As for the bottom, outside of a major injury, I can't see any way those two aren't drafting first and second.
  1. Baltimore Ravens
  2. Atlanta Falcons
  3. San Francisco 49ers
  4. New England Patriots
  5. Green Bay Packers
  6. Denver Broncos
  7. Indianapolis Colts
  8. New York Giants
  9. Seattle Seahawks
  10. Chicago Bears
  11. Cincinnati Bengals
  12. New Orleans Saints
  13. Pittsburgh Steelers
  14. Minnesota Vikings
  15. Washington Redskins
  16. Houston Texans
  17. Dallas Cowboys
  18. Miami Dolphins
  19. Carolina Panthers
  20. San Diego Chargers
  21. Detroit Lions
  22. St. Louis Rams
  23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  24. Tennessee Titans
  25. Kansas City Chiefs
  26. Buffalo Bills
  27. Arizona Cardinals
  28. Philadelphia Eagles
  29. New York Jets
  30. Oakland Raiders
  31. Cleveland Browns
  32. Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints should be no lower than top 10. We have our coach back, Harper is gone (Vaccaro/Jenkins could be dynamic), and our defensive scheme now suits our personnel.

Our offense will still be dominant. My only concern is the competition level in the NFC South ... I think the south could have 3 playoff teams.. Saints/Bucs/Falcons or Saints/Falcons/Panthers.

Hoping for: 12-4
Expecting: 10-6
Simply Keak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obiously going to come off as a homer but 17 is far too low for the Vikings. While I still don't trust Ponder he has shown he can win games. The defense and offence will both be better than last year. AD will be fully back from the injury and I think he will run for even more yards than last year (which I know is probably too lofty an expectation). The team surprised me last year but I am confident in saying the Vikings will at the very least match last years record.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Keak View Post
Saints should be no lower than top 10. We have our coach back, Harper is gone (Vaccaro/Jenkins could be dynamic), and our defensive scheme now suits our personnel.

Our offense will still be dominant. My only concern is the competition level in the NFC South ... I think the south could have 3 playoff teams.. Saints/Bucs/Falcons or Saints/Falcons/Panthers.

Hoping for: 12-4
Expecting: 10-6
cant blame em for being sceptical, saints had a pretty bad draft and limited cap room allowed the saints to only add keenan lewis in FA (and they were still lucky to do so).

All the improvement basically has to come from improved coaching/scheming which admittedly feels likely but its tough to project

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree. I think it goes something like...

Vikings
Rams
Saints
Bears
Bucs
Dolphins

This is definitely a make/break year for Freeman.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I disagree. I think it goes something like...

Vikings
Rams
Saints
Bears
Bucs
Dolphins

This is definitely a make/break year for Freeman.
It's also a make or break year for Bradford. He's been incredibly average and everyone wants to blame it on a lack of weapons. If Bradford doesn't take a huge leap forward after everything the Rams have done this off-season, Bradford needs to be cut loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I think the Seattle Seahawks take a step back this year. Over-hyped teams who make huge splashes in the offseason often disappoint. I think 9-7 and fighting for the Wild Card is where they'll be. As for the bottom, outside of a major injury, I can't see any way those two aren't drafting first and second.
  1. Baltimore Ravens
  2. Atlanta Falcons
  3. San Francisco 49ers
  4. New England Patriots
  5. Green Bay Packers
  6. Denver Broncos
  7. Indianapolis Colts
  8. New York Giants
  9. Seattle Seahawks
  10. Chicago Bears
  11. Cincinnati Bengals
  12. New Orleans Saints
  13. Pittsburgh Steelers
  14. Minnesota Vikings
  15. Washington Redskins
  16. Houston Texans
  17. Dallas Cowboys
  18. Miami Dolphins
  19. Carolina Panthers
  20. San Diego Chargers
  21. Detroit Lions
  22. St. Louis Rams
  23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  24. Tennessee Titans
  25. Kansas City Chiefs
  26. Buffalo Bills
  27. Arizona Cardinals
  28. Philadelphia Eagles
  29. New York Jets
  30. Oakland Raiders
  31. Cleveland Browns
  32. Jacksonville Jaguars
Seattle is pretty loaded with talent, they have a great QB, and they have great chemistry overall as a team. I don't see them regressing. I see 10-12 wins for them, depending on just how much of a thumper the NFC West ends up being.

And St. Louis at #22? Come on. They were 17th this year and have only gotten better, significantly better. I think they are mid-teens to start the season, and are in an upward trend.

One more thing...I don't think anyone else thinks the Ravens are the best team in the league going into this season. They had a great run, but this season will be one of reloading and transition. I do think they make the playoffs, but I don't see them in the Super Bowl.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's also a make or break year for Bradford. He's been incredibly average and everyone wants to blame it on a lack of weapons. If Bradford doesn't take a huge leap forward after everything the Rams have done this off-season, Bradford needs to be cut loose.
Bradford was a reach in that draft, or looking back it was just a bad QB class....but his injury history and lack of progression after his rookie of the year season is making it a do or die type season, because if the rams are going to compete in the NFC West they need him to step up.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Seattle
  2. San Francisco
  3. Denver
  4. New England
  5. Atlanta
  6. Green Bay
  7. Baltimore
  8. Houston
  9. Washington
  10. NY Giants
  11. Cincinnati
  12. Indianapolis
  13. Minnesota
  14. New Orleans
  15. St Louis
  16. Pittsburgh
  17. Chicago
  18. Miami
  19. Kansas City
  20. Arizona
  21. Carolina
  22. Tampa Bay
  23. Detroit
  24. Dallas
  25. Tennessee
  26. Philadelphia
  27. Buffalo
  28. Cleveland
  29. San Diego
  30. NY Jets
  31. Jacksonville
  32. Oakland

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
I absolutely agree. The Rams have put Bradford in a great position to succeed, though. They have strengthened their line, added 4 weapons, and given him a returning OC for the first time in his career. He got better last year as the season wore on, which is a good sign. In the second half last year He threw for 1905 yards and 13 TDs, with only 6 ints, and no games with multiple ints. He lost only one fumble all season.

I think that the most telling stat, though, is that the team scored 16 touchdowns in the last 8 games, to only 10 in the first 8. He is taking his team down and scoring touchdowns more often, with more consistency. And the last few games, I finally saw him starting to take the team on his shoulders. He didn't always have success, going 4-3-1 in the second half, but I definitely started to get the feeling that the team was his, which we had all been waiting for.

Freeman, on the other hand, was horrible down the stretch, throwing 11 TDs to 12 int's in the second half, including back-to-back 4 int games against New Orleans and St. Louis.

So it is a great example of how sheer numbers can be very misleading. If you look at the bottom line numbers, Freeman threw for more yards and more TDs than Bradford. However, looking forward, Bradford goes into next season with great optimism for a breakout year, while Freeman is on a downhill slope wondering why his team just drafted a QB in the 3rd round.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Bradford was a reach in that draft, or looking back it was just a bad QB class....but his injury history and lack of progression after his rookie of the year season is making it a do or die type season, because if the rams are going to compete in the NFC West they need him to step up.
I think Bradford breaks out this year with 4100 yards and 28 TDs, and only 10 ints.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Jets will be 5-11 to 6-10 bad and get out of the bottom 5..........which means they can't get any of the TOP guys in the 2014 NFL Draft :(

I think Jets are better than JAX and OAK and are on par with TEN, BUF, CLE, ARI(Cards probably a bit better) and possibly SD and KC. SD and NYJ both have young and very good defenses, its just the offenses are turnover prone. Rivers over whoever the Jets got at QB probably gives them the edge there on offense I guess.

Jets could be anywhere from pick 3 to pick 10. Ugh. That would suck if we're in that 8-10 range again.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We generally do a forum power rankings vote once training camp/preseason rolls around. I didn't get it going last year because of health issues, but I'll start it up in a couple months.

Let's wait to allow the rest of FA to settle. I'll get a forum power rankings going.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San fran
Seattle
New England
Cincinatti
Green Bay

I think Cincinatti takes it to a hoe nuva levo, wins the AFC North, hits up the conference title.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's very, very early but St. Louis is getting a little too much love. Someone sell me on them.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Love the rankings. I think sf needs to improve on the wide outs first and see if the defense holds up then they can move up to number one if it all comes together in the season. Week 1 will be a real test against the Packers.
This is a great point. That week 1 game will determine, in my opinion, the pecking order in the NFC. A close game would indicate, to me, that the Packers and 49ers are two of the three best teams in the NFL. A one-sided affair would give me a clearcut #1 team to start the year.

My power ranking is broken into tiers. The top two for me are..

Elite; Packers, Seahawks, 49ers, Broncos
Very good; Falcons, Ravens, Patriots, Texans

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote