Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-01-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Man there is a serious Boyd lovefest on this board.

I get it....Kind of...but what the...
??? How is it not a Bridgewater lovefest?
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
your def right on that. I am a HUGE gator fan, but Driskel has shown nothing so far to be considered a top QB. Sure, he has the physical traits, but he is not accurate and has terrible pocket awareness. Unless he blows up and becomes good all of a sudden, as of now, if he declared this upcoming year he would be a late round developmental QB
What he has shown is 64% accuracy behind probably the worst offensive line in the conferance. Granted he needs to get rid of the ball quicker but they coined the phrase "unabated to the QB" down there at UF last year.

Physically he has it all, size, arm and mobility. Let's see what happens this year when they get their offensive line back intact and it's even likely he won't come out till 2015.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Tajh Boyd at one time was listed at 6'2, so I'd bank he's at least 6'1. We'll know for sure this time next year.
Look at him in the huddle with other players, I know his "stocky" build makes him look a bit shorter than he may really be, but I'll be shocked if he is over 6' at the Combine.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like to focus on quarterbacks before any other position when I start my evaluations for the next draft, and after the beginning of rankings here's where I have the quarterbacks after my initial impressions....

1. Tahj Boyd Clemson
2. A.J. McCarron Alabama
3. Bryn Renner North Carolina
4. Aaron Murray Georgia
5. Logan Thomas Virginia Tech
6. Zach Mettenberger Louisiana State
7. David Fales San Jose State
8. Jeff Mathews Cornell
9. Derek Carr Fresno State
10. Brendon Kay Cincinnati

I know Logan Thomas had a terrible junior season, but I am still optimistic about his upside and want to see what adjustments he's made. Mettenberger is another big question mark, and much like this last crop of quarterbacks, it's tough to say who will emerge from the group or if any of these guys will be worth a damn.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
??? How is it not a Bridgewater lovefest?
Because everyone should love Teddy Bridgewater, he is the clear cut #2 prospect as we look ahead to this draft. Clowney is the only guy better than him right now

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bryn Renner is really being underrated, he could be the best prospect in the ACC.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I like to focus on quarterbacks before any other position when I start my evaluations for the next draft, and after the beginning of rankings here's where I have the quarterbacks after my initial impressions....

1. Tahj Boyd – Clemson
2. A.J. McCarron – Alabama
3. Bryn Renner – North Carolina
4. Aaron Murray – Georgia
5. Logan Thomas – Virginia Tech
6. Zach Mettenberger – Louisiana State
7. David Fales – San Jose State
8. Jeff Mathews – Cornell
9. Derek Carr – Fresno State
10. Brendon Kay – Cincinnati

I know Logan Thomas had a terrible junior season, but I am still optimistic about his upside and want to see what adjustments he's made. Mettenberger is another big question mark, and much like this last crop of quarterbacks, it's tough to say who will emerge from the group or if any of these guys will be worth a damn.
I like that your not that high on Fales or Carr, I just don't see anything special with those two. I do like Mettenberger, probably more than Thomas, but with the upside of Logan I can see why you have him rated higher.

For Seniors, we have the exact same top 2 and Murray as my #3. Bridgewater is my #1 and Bortles is my #5, with the three upper class men in between. Not sure why McCarron gets no love around here. He's not just a system guy.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
For Seniors, we have the exact same top 2 and Murray as my #3. Bridgewater is my #1 and Bortles is my #5, with the three upper class men in between. Not sure why McCarron gets no love around here. He's not just a system guy.
McCarron is not a flashy prospect, but I think people automatically assume he's a Greg McElroy caliber prospect and AJ has undoubtedly better tools. I don't know if I'd place a first round grade on AJ quite yet, but if he has another solid season then he'll garner consideration for it.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Tahj Boyd Clemson
2. A.J. McCarron Alabama
3. Bryn Renner North Carolina
4. Aaron Murray Georgia
5. Logan Thomas Virginia Tech
6. Zach Mettenberger Louisiana State
7. David Fales San Jose State
8. Jeff Mathews Cornell
9. Derek Carr Fresno State
10. Brendon Kay Cincinnati

Did you leave Mariota off on purpose or just forgot he was eligible?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Did you leave Mariota off on purpose or just forgot he was eligible?
He's not a senior. When spending time in the off-season on the next year crop of talent, I rarely spend time looking at prospects who aren't seniors.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's not a senior. When spending time in the off-season on the next year crop of talent, I rarely spend time looking at prospects who aren't seniors.
My bad. Should've realized that when Teddy wasn't on the list either.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
My bad. Should've realized that when Teddy wasn't on the list either.
Not a problem, I should've made a note about them being just seniors in the first post.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Bryn Renner is really being underrated, he could be the best prospect in the ACC.
Yea a real under the radar guy. Could be one of the fastest risers next season. I like him alot - underrated athlete as well - played WR in HS.

And Logan Thomas sucks - very inconsistent and inaccurate - had a terrible spring game as well. Move him to TE.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
And Logan Thomas sucks - very inconsistent and inaccurate - had a terrible spring game as well. Move him to TE.
He is beyond horrible, and I appreciate the fact that the majority of football fans have caught on as well after last season.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Logan Thomas >> Jeff Driskel
Old 05-02-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tackle, what do you think of Stephen Morris as a prospect?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
He is beyond horrible, and I appreciate the fact that the majority of football fans have caught on as well after last season.
Yea I was one of the first to call out Logan Thomas for being overrated. I was ahead of the curve
Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Yea I was one of the first to call out Logan Thomas for being overrated. I was ahead of the curve
You were also the last one to realize Landry Jones was overrated so it balances out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Tackle, what do you think of Stephen Morris as a prospect?
Upside is there for sure. He's got a big time arm that will only continue to get stronger. He's a bit of a tough one to figure out in that he really excel throwing the ball vertically but for whatever reason his accuracy is inconsistent on his short to intermediate throws. I need to figure out why. I think it might be a footwork thing. He had a bad tendency to stare WR's down in 2011 but it got better in 2012 and hopefully that becomes less of a problem in 2013. He needs to make some refinements but I really do think he's got the athleticism and arm talent to warrant a potential 1st day selection. We'll see if he can put it all together this year.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was watching the coaches film of the Cornell-Princeton game this morning and am fully convinced now that Jeff Mathews is the number one senior quarterback heading into the season.

Mathews has an absolute cannon and his natural accuracy is through the roof. Certainly has to refine some things (doesn't drop back straight, doesn't make his first few steps in his drop big enough and isn't quick to set-up, tends to stand and throw with a narrow base), but the tools are all there. I watched him make multiple throws where I was just wowed by the combination of arm strength and accuracy. Dropping passes in the bucket with pressure in his face and/or placing it in spots where only his receiver could have a chance and you think would only be possible in a video game.

Jeff Mathews is for real. I was at the Cornell Pro Day and had NFL scouts coming up to me asking me which one in the room was Mathews (the entire Big Red team showed up). They can't talk to him right now, but they wanted to size him up and get a look at him. The NFL is obviously very intrigued by him.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Yeah, amidst all this wasted talk about popular college stars like Manziel, Murray, Boyd, (all undersized) and Fales (mid round pick due to arm strength), the real names people should be paying attention to are the guys with pro tools and college production that warrant more upside like Bryn Renner at UNC and Stephen Morris at Miami, even Mariota at Oregon though we can't really ever get a chance to tell how good he's gonna be by watching his tape. Mariota has the physical skills, but it will be his pre draft workouts that make or break him as a prospect, and just how good and accurate his arm really is when he's making the throws on the NFL route tree.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really like any of the SEC quarterbacks. I think my top two seniors right now are Tajh Boyd and Jeff Mathews. If Bridgewater comes out, I'd probably have them ranked 1.A Bridgewater, 1.B Boyd, 3. Matthews and have them all in the first.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really understanding all the Tajh Boyd love right now... Kid is way too inconsistent and looks way too small out there to be an NFL Quarterback. I've seen him in the Top 10 of some mocks.. Psycho talk...

That being said, I'm a little higher on guys like A.J. McCarron, Aaron Murray and Stephen Morris that probably most. Definitely think they all have first day ability.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 05-03-2013 at 05:34 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Not really understanding all the Tajh Boyd love right now... Kid is way too inconsistent and looks way too small out there to be an NFL Quarterback. I've seen him in the Top 10 of some mocks.. Psycho talk...
He is 6-1. How is he too small?

Boyd reminds me exactly of Donovan McNabb.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
He is 6-1. How is he too small?

Boyd reminds me exactly of Donovan McNabb.
Just said he looks small. Take it easy guy.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You were also the last one to realize Landry Jones was overrated so it balances out.
Meh I still like Jones and think he can developed in Pittburgh. He is a way better QB than Thomas will ever be.