Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think with how bad Sanchez was he should have been given a shot, similar to how he took over in Denver.... but lets not kid or selves Tebow didnt pan out, who knows what would have happened if he had been coached up and actually played in the spread offense like McDaniels envisioned....but he is what he is and that is unemployed
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Veteran

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
I do think with how bad Sanchez was he should have been given a shot, similar to how he took over in Denver.... but lets not kid or selves Tebow didnt pan out, who knows what would have happened if he had been coached up and actually played in the spread offense like McDaniels envisioned....but he is what he is and that is unemployed
I have a theory that the only reason Josh drafted Tebow was to get into Jesus' good books and avoid the pit of hell.

Also "lol" at good books

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Tebow is empirical proof that God doesn't exist.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Tebow would be a backup QB in the CFL"

An NFL team made the playoffs with him as a QB and won a lot of games with him starting.

I'm not saying is a good quarterback, but he was good enough to not lose all those games.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
http://youtu.be/LY081VQqMY0

Did you all for get about these games? Most of them were against bad teams ,however, he showed great passing ability against Maimi , KC and Denver and even SD. Then we all can't for get about the Pitt game in the play offs. I really think in NY he just wasn't actually coached or given chances to play really at QB.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Veteran

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
"Tebow would be a backup QB in the CFL"

An NFL team made the playoffs with him as a QB and won a lot of games with him starting.

I'm not saying is a good quarterback, but he was good enough to not lose all those games.
Because they took the ball out of his damn hands and let the D and run game carry them

Old 05-01-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
Because they took the ball out of his damn hands and let the D and run game carry them
And when he was called upon he beat the Steelers in the post season. Not many backup qbs in the CFL let alone starting qbs could even fathom being able to do that.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said this a lot and I hate to beat a dead horse, but I feel like Tebow has work ethic issues. For seven freaking years now, people have been saying that he needs to fix his mechanics. He hasn't done it. Yet, he has time to pose for GQ and go on book signing tours.

If he weren't a "high character" guy then people would be real: he doesn't put in the work.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
And when he was called upon he beat the Steelers in the post season. Not many backup qbs in the CFL let alone starting qbs could even fathom being able to do that.
He wasn't called upon to beat the Steelers. He threw to a massive bodied receiver facing cover 0 on a slant pattern who ran 80 yards for a touchdown. Hell, the only reason the Steelers sent the house at Tebow in that situation was because he couldn't push the ball down the field all game.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow just wasn't that great of a QB, but god dammit he was fun to watch. When he rattled off that win streak in Denver with all those last second wins, it was fun as hell. He has terrible mechanics and such a brutal wind up. He was must see tv though because he was just ludicrous all around. The Jets are bastards for denying us the craziness of him starting games for them last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't think there was a more compelling QB to watch play in 2011 than Tebow. It felt good watching that guy win games.

People forget Tebow was drafted as a developmental prospect in 2010. He had his moments in 2011, but he still wasn't ready to be a starter from a passing perspective.
Tim needs drilling in NFL passing concepts, reading coverages and still needs to clean up his passing motion. If he could learn to be accurate with that looping motion, it would be less of an issue for most coaches IMO.

It's sad that some NFL teams don't even see the guy as worth developing as potentially a primary backup for a starter.

I still believe Tebow should head to Canada for at least two seasons then try out for an NFL team. He needs game reps if he's ever going to improve as a passer.

I blame Urban Meyer for all the grief in Tebow's life.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad Anthony Calvillo didn't get a shot in the NFL.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Too bad Anthony Calvillo didn't get a shot in the NFL.
Why? He would have been just as forgettable as Ricky Ray.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Why? He would have been just as forgettable as Ricky Ray.
Well we don't know that. Moon made it work in the CFL and then NFL. Same with Jeff Garcia. Calvillo I don't think ever even had a shot.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 05-02-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:02 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I still don't think there was a more compelling QB to watch play in 2011 than Tebow. It felt good watching that guy win games.

People forget Tebow was drafted as a developmental prospect in 2010. He had his moments in 2011, but he still wasn't ready to be a starter from a passing perspective.
Tim needs drilling in NFL passing concepts, reading coverages and still needs to clean up his passing motion. If he could learn to be accurate with that looping motion, it would be less of an issue for most coaches IMO.

It's sad that some NFL teams don't even see the guy as worth developing as potentially a primary backup for a starter.

I still believe Tebow should head to Canada for at least two seasons then try out for an NFL team. He needs game reps if he's ever going to improve as a passer.

No one wants the media circus that comes with the guy, and I don't blame them.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let Tebow go to Cleveland

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:31 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
No one wants the media circus that comes with the guy, and I don't blame them.
There's only a media circus if fans believe Tebow is better than the starting QB.
Orton got Tebowed and deserved to.
Sanchez got Tebowed even though he never started a game for the Jets.

Otherwise there's no downside.
Franchises with top 10 QBs have nothing to fear from signing Tebow.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:41 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Franchises with top 10 QBs have nothing to fear from signing Tebow.
Nope. I remember people loudly wanting Brunell and Hasselbeck to start over Favre. Even Aaron Brooks got a lot of love, but he was traded too soon, so fans didn't have a chance to build any momentum.

Some people always want the backup to start. It doesn't even matter who the backup is.

Last edited by WCH : 05-02-2013 at 02:44 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:

I really felt sorry for some Denver fans after the season was over. It just seemed like the ultimate troll job that obviously wasn't going to last, but some people believed that Tebow really could be "the future". Good thing Elway squashed that notion.

And I think it's just the simple fact that there are potentially better quarterbacks in the free agent market that have more upside and are worth the time to develop compared to Tebow, who really shouldn't have played in an NFL game from the start. Coaches don't have time to teach Tebow simple nuances of passing the ball. All quarterbacks that are worthy of an NFL roster should know that by now.

Quote:
Old 05-02-2013, 07:01 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well we don't know that. Moon made it work in the CFL and then NFL. Same with Jeff Garcia. Calvillo I don't think ever even had a shot.
Chad Pennington had a rocket arm compared to Calvillo.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Chad Pennington had a rocket arm compared to Calvillo.
There a lot of guys that have had better arms than Pennington that were terrible in the NFL.

Either way, that doesn't mean that he wouldn't have had a successful stint in the NFL if he was given the chance. Jeff Garcia also had limited arm strength, but had a pretty decent NFL career.

If he had been given a chance, maybe he would have sucked like Casey Printers, but I'm just saying you never know.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 05-02-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thing is when McCoy(ex Bronco Coordinator) tailored the gameplan around Tebow he was able to somewhat be effective or have an impact....

I HATED McDaniels, he brought the worst season in Broncos history...BUT his firing hurt Tebow. Had he stayed or something, his vision of Tebow running a spread similar to his Florida Offense might have been successfull. He might have been able to develope Tebow a little more. Tebow was drafted to sit and learn and hone his skills. He needed an O tailored to him, not being asked to run an offense that was set up with Orton as the QB.

If Tebow was drafted by Shannahan, and was able to run the Offense we had with Plummer, and the countless bootlegs and moving of the QB it would have been PERFECT. Notice how the Offense in DC is tailored perfectly to RGIII (Minus him getting injured) but his mobility and threat of the run is always present. He isnt being asked to run the O like a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

for Tebow to be successful he would need to be put in a similar situation of where he is in a system that promotes his mobility and employs it as a constant threat, not someone asked to sit back and pick the D apart.

***IM BY NO MEANS SAYING I WISH WE WOULD HAVE KEPT HIM, I COULDNT BE HAPPIER WITH HOW THINGS TURNED OUT, but it could have been different for Tebow had he been comitted to***
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My thing is when McCoy(ex Bronco Coordinator) tailored the gameplan around Tebow he was able to somewhat be effective or have an impact....

I HATED McDaniels, he brought the worst season in Broncos history...BUT his firing hurt Tebow. Had he stayed or something, his vision of Tebow running a spread similar to his Florida Offense might have been successfull. He might have been able to develope Tebow a little more. Tebow was drafted to sit and learn and hone his skills. He needed an O tailored to him, not being asked to run an offense that was set up with Orton as the QB.

If Tebow was drafted by Shannahan, and was able to run the Offense we had with Plummer, and the countless bootlegs and moving of the QB it would have been PERFECT. Notice how the Offense in DC is tailored perfectly to RGIII (Minus him getting injured) but his mobility and threat of the run is always present. He isnt being asked to run the O like a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

for Tebow to be successful he would need to be put in a similar situation of where he is in a system that promotes his mobility and employs it as a constant threat, not someone asked to sit back and pick the D apart.

***IM BY NO MEANS SAYING I WISH WE WOULD HAVE KEPT HIM, I COULDNT BE HAPPIER WITH HOW THINGS TURNED OUT, but it could have been different for Tebow had he been comitted to***
Tebow needed a situation like Steve Young had in SF where he got to sit for years upon years learning the offense and working on his game. In the modern NFL, for a First Round pick that is no longer feasible though (which begs the question why did Denver waste a 1st Round pick). Maybe, and that is a big maybe, if he had that he'd be a decent NFL QB.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Plummer could still throw a football though at the NFL level. Same with Griffin III. Tebow, for the most part, can't do this. And that's the problem. Doesn't matter if he'd work great on bootlegs or rollouts. If Tebow can't throw a football it's all moot.

Quote:
Old 05-02-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Tebow needed a situation like Steve Young had in SF where he got to sit for years upon years learning the offense and working on his game. In the modern NFL, for a First Round pick that is no longer feasible though (which begs the question why did Denver waste a 1st Round pick). Maybe, and that is a big maybe, if he had that he'd be a decent NFL QB.
Steve Young still knew how to throw a mean spiral though. Even before his days with the 49ers. I'm not saying he was a good player before his time there, but he was regarded as a high draft pick before he ventured into the USFL. Young needed time to learn the nuances of the reading defenses. His throwing mechanics weren't an issue as much though. This isn't the case for Tebow who needs serious help in both areas.

Quote: