Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 05-01-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I could see us taking Jake Matthews, playing him at RT until Roos hang them up. But again, that may be a luxury and who knows, Bruce may want his son to lead his own career outside of his shadow.

I don't think either Stingly or Baldridge are the future at either tackle position. I know it's early, but I could see Matt Sewell really developing for us and becoming a starter at one of the tackle positions with the right coaching.

That last post by Pit got me really wondering if Ansah would have been in consideration at 10 if he was available or not. Williams ran with a lot of bigger DEs before Carter came to Washington, and ran with bigger guys in New Orleans as well. We already have our smaller rushers in Ayers and Wimbley @255, so I can't see us taking Barr @ around 240 now. Even bulked up he'd likely be around 250-260. There's a couple bigger soon-to-be juniors, so we could look there if they pan out

Of course, by then our defense may be legit
Is Jake Matthews yet another from "the" Matthews family? Surely they must have run out of talent by now lol

Stingily is intriguing to me because of his size and athleticism. When he came out they talked about how he had good traits to be a NFL LT, but was raw. Don't remember for sure, but he may have been one of those guys who hadn't played much football, but was just a big natural athlete. I thought he could be a steal and some draft analysts said as much, and he could develop here under good coaching. I thought he was solid when he started at RT last year, he said he was more comfortable at LT w/o much experience at RT. He's only 24. Maybe I'm hoping for the sake of hope, but they neglected taking an OT in the draft so maybe he gets more chances.

Sewell is a guy I've only seen in highlights. Hard to judge like that. Don't see any pro day #'s. Only thing concrete we know is he is big. I do look forward to seeing what he's got.

I hope Williams and company don't put too much stock into size. Smaller guys can play big, big guys can play small, even if it's not typical. If Wimbly doesn't pan out, I just want a good football player replacing him. Barr is listed at 245 now, guys usually bulk up at that age, we'll see. There are several other Jr's and Sr's I want to see more of too before I start my DE battle cry lol.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Is Jake Matthews yet another from "the" Matthews family? Surely they must have run out of talent by now lol

Stingily is intriguing to me because of his size and athleticism. When he came out they talked about how he had good traits to be a NFL LT, but was raw. Don't remember for sure, but he may have been one of those guys who hadn't played much football, but was just a big natural athlete. I thought he could be a steal and some draft analysts said as much, and he could develop here under good coaching. I thought he was solid when he started at RT last year, he said he was more comfortable at LT w/o much experience at RT. He's only 24. Maybe I'm hoping for the sake of hope, but they neglected taking an OT in the draft so maybe he gets more chances.

Sewell is a guy I've only seen in highlights. Hard to judge like that. Don't see any pro day #'s. Only thing concrete we know is he is big. I do look forward to seeing what he's got.

I hope Williams and company don't put too much stock into size. Smaller guys can play big, big guys can play small, even if it's not typical. If Wimbly doesn't pan out, I just want a good football player replacing him. Barr is listed at 245 now, guys usually bulk up at that age, we'll see. There are several other Jr's and Sr's I want to see more of too before I start my DE battle cry lol.
Yeah, Jake is Bruce's middle son. He's manned the RT position opposite Luke Joeckel for the past couple years, now he's gonna slide over and try the blindside. There's still one more son of Bruce's currently playing for A&M, Mike, will be a sophomore this upcoming season.

Stingily definitely could develop, but I think we when we fear our OTs are about done, we'll draft some in the 2nd-5th rounds just as we did with Roos and Stewart. Of course, Stingily could develop and make it so we don't need to. The Titans obviously liked him enough to let him start 2 games.

Sewell is definitely the type of developmental guy that could explode. His official numbers are 6067 337, he did benches at the regional combine and only managed 15, part of this is of course because he has long arms and it's harder to put the bar up that many times, another is because he said he was recovering from wrist surgery and only began lifting again not too long ago.
I think he ran a 5.2-5.3, which is fine that's what Roos ran when coming out.

Now, obviously I've only seen film on him and I can't designate him the LT or RT of the future based on that. But he looks like a nice developmental player that I think could push a couple guys for a roster spot.

He's got good movement skills, but it's too be seen how he compares to NFL DEs, but I like his potential.

I still think Wimbley will have a good season this year, with a year in the system and preparing to play DE (early in the offseason he was preparing to play OLB) so the training will likely be different, likely focused more on getting bigger and stronger this offseason than lateral quickness and things he'd need to drop in coverage and rush the passer.

I'm just hoping I don't get a sour taste in my mouth every time I hear Cornelius Carradine's name like I do JPP after I wanted him so bad a few years ago.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All aboard the "Tiny If We Go Tackle In 2014" train!

Old 05-01-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a UCLA fan who watches Barr every game, I'm telling you no way this guy is a 4-3 DE in the NFL. He's more likely to be a 4-3 SLB than a 4-3 DE.

3-4 teams will be salivating over him though.

This was pretty much the greatest moment of my life. He smacked Barkley all the way back to the 4th round.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember seeing Barr being used like Ayers in a stand up role, but he lookded like a taller rangier guy like Mingo and Jordan. Looked like he had room to put on weight. Does he suck against the run or what?
Old 05-01-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

The Hawk is getting released. Not really surprising, but I thought thet would at least give him more time to show he can be depth. Maybe Washington is safe. How is Amano still here?
Old 05-01-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I remember seeing Barr being used like Ayers in a stand up role, but he lookded like a taller rangier guy like Mingo and Jordan. Looked like he had room to put on weight. Does he suck against the run or what?
I guess I just don't see it because Barr never plays with his hand in the ground. He's fine against the run, but that's in his current role as a 3-4 OLB. He's also a very fluid guy (used to play RB/FB) and operates best with some space. I just think playing him at 4-3 DE would limit his ability more than anything, similarly to if Ayers played 4-3 DE full time.

I guess I wouldn't put it past him though. He's a tremendous athlete.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 05-01-2013 at 10:43 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Hawk is getting released. Not really surprising, but I thought thet would at least give him more time to show he can be depth. Maybe Washington is safe. How is Amano still here?
I'm not sure what our current cap situation is, but he was making like 1.6m this season I think. This move could have been made to open up cap room for another player.

Not sure why Amano is still there if thats the case though
Old 05-01-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Not surprised at all by the Hawk move. He's getting paid a decent amount and he hardly ever played.

I expect Amano to be next. When it happens I will throw a party. If not, I will punt babies.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I saw a site that said we have around 7m. Of course we still need to sign the rookies
Old 05-02-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I guess I just don't see it because Barr never plays with his hand in the ground. He's fine against the run, but that's in his current role as a 3-4 OLB. He's also a very fluid guy (used to play RB/FB) and operates best with some space. I just think playing him at 4-3 DE would limit his ability more than anything, similarly to if Ayers played 4-3 DE full time.

I guess I wouldn't put it past him though. He's a tremendous athlete.
You think he's gonna be like Mingo/Jordan? I was hoping in a year he gets up to around 255-260, would maybe fit the more conventional 43 DE size. Then maybe he looks like Demarcus Ware coming out. I'm trying to remember if Dallas was a 3-4 team at the time, I think they were still 4-3. Either way, Barr's athleticism and ranginess kinda reminded me of Ware. Ware's a guy I think fits in either defense. Either way I will watch him close this year.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I'm about 90% positive the Cowboys were planning on switching to the 3-4 the offseason Ware was drafted, that was large reason they drafted him was to play in the 3-4. I'm pretty sure he's only played in the 3-4 in the NFL

On a side note, John Abraham is reportedly on a 2 day meeting with the Titans
Old 05-02-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

I heard the Cowboys are switching to a 4-3 now, so we'll see how he does. I've watched them a lot, he holds up very well against the run. Not sure how accurate my comparison of Ware and Barr will be in the end though.

Looks like we have room for Abraham, and he still had 10 sacks last year. Why not, right?
Old 05-02-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I wanted Abraham last year as well, he's still got some left in the tank. I think he's still a better player than Osi, just not as much left in the tank
Old 05-02-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

How is Abraham against the run at this point? If he sucks in that department, I'd rather go with Wimbley and Ayers and sign Indonije. If he's fine against the run then I'd like either one.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think he's an improvement compared to Wimbley in the run game, but with any great 260 pound pass rusher it's not their strong point.

Heck, let's just grab Abraham and Idonije
Old 05-02-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Wimbly sucks against the run and has never been the pass rusher Abraham has been. Even with his age, I'd rather try Abraham over Wimbly. I was just so underwhelmed by Wimbly last year. I know the team will give Wimbly more time though.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah I don't think you can discount Wimbley when he was having to change his body from a 4-3 LBer (SLB he played in Oakland) to a 4-3 DE in the NFL. That's not an easy change, given a whole offseason to train I think he'll come in and be a much better player.

With that said, Abraham would be a great addition to the team. Titans are reportedly also expressing interest in Dwight Freeney.

With the recent interest in DEs, it really makes me wonder if we just had other players that we selected that much higher than a DE available, or if we really hated the DE class this year
Old 05-02-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm all for signing Abe and Idonije, in that order.

Plus, we don't know for certain how Ayers will be used with regards to snaps at DE. They may prefer him blitzing instead of putting his hand in the dirt. I know I've speculated in the draft grades doobie that we should move Ayers to DE on 3rd down, sit McCarthy, and bring in Gooden off the bench so he and Brown can be in coverage. But who knows if that's what they're planning on doing.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I'm betting we were targeting a DE earlier in the draft, but the board didn't fall exactly how the liked/thought it would.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Thought this was a pretty interesting article from Kuharsky comparing Buffalo Wild Wings to his teammate who the Jags drafted a few picks earlier.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...tz-wreh-wilson
Old 05-02-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most people had Bloody Wild Wings ahead of Gratz.

And I'm not sure about how they approached DE entering the draft. They didn't do a thing in FA, passed on good DE's for Zaviar Gooden, took just one in Lavar Edwards, and are now supposedly looking at Idonije, Abraham, and Freeney.

Anne Frankly, it could be that they passed on guys due to great value elsewhere (ie. Hunter and Schwenke), or it could be because of incompetence. If they took Gooden just because they wanted a backup LB and panicked after losing out on Bostic, then it's probably the latter. So thankful for the Bears right now. We almost ended up with Bostic instead of Bleedy Wild.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Good read on Blidi.

I would guess the main thing was just the injury issues. Blidi is an inch and a half taller, only 6 pounds lighter, and all their numbers except bench were very similar
Old 05-02-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Looking over the roster, I'm really like our team.

It all really falls back on how our QB plays, but I'm liking how we look on paper
Old 05-03-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

If we do well this season, and we get great play from our core of young players, Lake Dawson will be a popular GM candidate. I believe he got an interview earlier this off-season already.

Fortunately, he's black, which is why many people think the Giants have been able to hang onto Marc Ross for as long as they have. Personally, I think it's more likely that people believe he's a product of Jerry Reese, and are hesitant because of that.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.