Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-03-2013, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Schiano were still the coach. I think he'd be killing it right now with the B1G move.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wish the Giants ran a defense like Rutgers does.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that would be awesome. Maybe the Bucs suck and Schiano looks for a D-Coordinator job. Sullivan becomes our head coach after Coughlin and brings Schiano with him for the D!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-03-2013, 07:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's Schiano's DC? I know it was Sheridan, but didn't he get fired? I've been reading up on the Jimmy Johnson 4-3 that he ran in Miami that guys like Schiano and Wannestedt use as well, and I'm a fan.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:55 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I just wish the Giants ran a defense like Rutgers does.
Obviously not as much as Belichick does for the Pats

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Obviously not as much as Belichick does for the Pats
This is clearly true. You guys pretty much took every draftable Rutgers player except for Greene.

I've said it before, the Pats might have to become my 2nd team (yuck) bc of all the Rutgers players. That and I've always loved Bellichick. I've always kind of rooted for the Pats out of the AFC bc of that.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is clearly true. You guys pretty much took every draftable Rutgers player except for Greene.

I've said it before, the Pats might have to become my 2nd team (yuck) bc of all the Rutgers players. That and I've always loved Bellichick. I've always kind of rooted for the Pats out of the AFC bc of that.
I like the Rutgers guys we picked, obviously Harmon seems like a reach but he's the type of player we don't have at the safety position.

Logan Ryan is a great value pick and should stop crazy instances like Marquice Cole covering Anquan Boldin in the AFCCG.

And while I think Baueharnais has a tough time to make the 53 this year he could be stashed away on the practice squad and be nice depth at LB.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The Pats are quietly developing their defense again. I love Collins and Jones off the edge. Like your ILBs. You need a 5 tech and your front 7 is complete. And now with Dennard, Talib and Ryan you have good CBs for your system. If McCourty and Wilson pan out as your safeties, watch out.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
The Pats are quietly developing their defense again. I love Collins and Jones off the edge. Like your ILBs. You need a 5 tech and your front 7 is complete. And now with Dennard, Talib and Ryan you have good CBs for your system. If McCourty and Wilson pan out as your safeties, watch out.
I definitely think the tools are there and it is a young defense. Depending on whether they want to go with a 4 man front or a 3 man front they do need someone who could play the 5 and the 3. A big part of what is hurting is Wilfork playing 80%+ snaps at both nose and 3 technique. Belichick has done a really good job of retooling the front 7 in particular and they have pieces in the secondary to be good. I'm not expecting a top 5 defense but there is no reason why a big improvement on 25th in the league shouldn't happen

Old 05-03-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I've always rooted for the Pats also because of the Belichick thing. I wish we didn't have to play both our SB's against you guys. Between Beli and all the Rutgers players they are the AFC team I follow the most for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-03-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Who's Schiano's DC? I know it was Sheridan, but didn't he get fired? I've been reading up on the Jimmy Johnson 4-3 that he ran in Miami that guys like Schiano and Wannestedt use as well, and I'm a fan.
It's still Sheridan. He didn't get fired after 1 year like he did with us. Schiano is a great secondary coach. With Revis, Goldson, and Barron there they will improve mightily in the passing game between the talent and coaching.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-03-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hey BBD I just found out your boy Jordan Hill was basically 99% certain to go to Rutgers and then PSU offered. Imagine Hill and Hodges with all the other guys we just had drafted. Yikes that would have been nasty.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-03-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hey BBD I just found out your boy Jordan Hill was basically 99% certain to go to Rutgers and then PSU offered. Imagine Hill and Hodges with all the other guys we just had drafted. Yikes that would have been nasty.
Really?! Wow. That would be ridiculous. Man I loved that Rutgers defense. It's everything I wish the Giants defense was.

If we had Hill and Hodges, we would have won that Bowl game for sure.

I'm nervous about our defense without Schiano.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If we had those 2 we would have finally got to a BCS game.

Smith was excellent last year but then of course he had to leave also.

We'll see how Cohen steps up. Maybe Rutgers is the anti-Giants where we keep revolving through good DC instead of junk.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

You know what hurts the most about Jordan Hill?

He's in Seattle. And you just KNOW he's gonna kill it there. And I'm gonna be stuck watching Hankins huffing and puffing on the sidelines while Hill is constantly getting in the backfield for Seattle.

</3
Old 05-03-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If we had those 2 we would have finally got to a BCS game.

Smith was excellent last year but then of course he had to leave also.

We'll see how Cohen steps up. Maybe Rutgers is the anti-Giants where we keep revolving through good DC instead of junk.
If that is the case, I wouldn't mind reaching into the Rutgers well for our next DC. It will never happen but a man can dream.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

New AD is Lousiville assistant AD Julie Hermann.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

So like...we didn't even check to see if our basketball coach actually graduated from Rutgers?

That's SUCH a Rutgers thing to do.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That was no big deal. Stupid but no big deal. Sounded like something was lost in translation with that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-16-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

2014 Schedule!!!!!!

Saturday, August 30 - Additional opponent to be announced
Saturday, September 6 - Howard
Saturday, September 13 - Penn State
Saturday, September 20 - at Navy
Saturday, September 27 Tulane
Saturday, October 4 - Michigan
Saturday, October 11 – Idle
Saturday, October 18 - at Ohio State
Saturday, October 25 - at Nebraska
Saturday, November 1 - Wisconsin
Saturday, November 8 - Idle
Saturday, November 15 - Indiana
Saturday, November 22 - at Michigan State
Saturday, November 29 - at Maryland

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 05-16-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Holy tough schedule by the way. Of course we get the 2 toughest teams in the West Division the first year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-16-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, the Big East is child's play compared to a Big Ten schedule. Realistically, what are we looking at, 6 or 7 wins?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Our QB recruit, Tyler Wiegers, got his 4th* today and jumped up to #180 overall in the Rivals rankings.

Yesterday Damien Prince the OL recruit jumped to a 5th* star and to #10 overall. We're in the lead for him and we need to get him to commit here badly.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-21-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that for Wiegers. Man, I hope he can be our offenses savior. And that's awesome if we get Prince. We've been doing REALLY well in recruiting OL lately
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm still worried overall about recruiting but we our in good with some guys. The problem is we're going to have to close on all of them for me to be happy.

sig by BoneKrusher