Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great deal and well deserved. Brandt is doing a good job on twitter breaking things down

Quote:
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 26m

Aaron will make $40 million in 2013, matching Drew Brees's 2012 compensation, largest one-year earnings in NFL history.
Quote:
Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 22m

Key number for @AaronRodgers12 contract is three-year earnings of $62.5 million. Eclipses Brees standard of $61 million.

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 18m

And yes, in the game of numbers, Rodgers' three-year number of $62.5 million is $500,000 more than Flacco's $62 million.
Quote:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 24m

The two years left on Rodgers' old deal helped he and GB manage the numbers. His cap figure doesn't exceed $21M in any year of the deal.
Overall well done.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matthew$, DONE.
Rodger$, DONE.

Raji? Jury is still out on him, his value.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It depend what he's asking for.

He isn't worth a big contract. He really hasn't been THAT good since the 2010 season. That's why i'd like us to get a NT in this draft. Pickett is gonna be gone next season and Raji might overprice himself out of staying here.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Matthew$, DONE.
Rodger$, DONE.

Raji? Jury is still out on him, his value.
I just don't see us being able to afford him nor is he worth big money

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Until anyone else develops on our d-line, we MUST keep Raji. If we lose Raji, I cannot imagine how well our d-line will do.

His value shouldn't exceed what he's already making. Isn't his contract in the 7 million /year range? Probably looking a 6-8 per. year.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that the draft has come and gone, let's start looking forward to the season, targeting San Francisco on September 8th.

We obviously have -significantly- added talent to our running game with A) Lacy, B) Franklin, C) DuJuan with a training camp under his belt, and perhaps D) a healthier Alex Green.

But, sadly, I still don't expect our running game to be any better than average basically. Even with teams always focused first & foremost on stopping the Rodgers Air Raid, by pressuring him and disrupting the receivers.

And why is this?

The O-line.
Did we do anything, for real, along the O-line to get better?
Or are they fine, but it's the OL coach who's maybe the problem for our lack of ever having a 100 yard rusher?

I want to hear your guys thoughts on the OL as a whole, as individuals, and the OL coaching.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now that the draft has come and gone, let's start looking forward to the season, targeting San Francisco on September 8th.

We obviously have -significantly- added talent to our running game with A) Lacy, B) Franklin, C) DuJuan with a training camp under his belt, and perhaps D) a healthier Alex Green.

But, sadly, I still don't expect our running game to be any better than average basically. Even with teams always focused first & foremost on stopping the Rodgers Air Raid, by pressuring him and disrupting the receivers.

And why is this?

The O-line.
Did we do anything, for real, along the O-line to get better?
Or are they fine, but it's the OL coach who's maybe the problem for our lack of ever having a 100 yard rusher?

I want to hear your guys thoughts on the OL as a whole, as individuals, and the OL coaching.
Considering we were 22nd in Rushing YPC last year, I don't think improving to 16th would be a bad thing. We're a pass first team that will always rely on Aaron Rodgers. Eddie Lacy and Johnathan Franklin are already going to improve our running game and we added competiton to the offensive line. Bakhtiari and Tretter will be competing for starting jobs. Even if they don't end up starting, the play of everyone else would have improved because of the competition. We add Derek Sherrod and two 4th round rookies to the offensive line, it's not like we totally neglected it. It's impossible to tell right now how good our offensive line will be, we haven't even gotten to training camp yet.

I wouldn't be shocked to see either Bakhtiari or Tretter starting at center this season.

Our offensive line could be: Newhouse - Lang - EDS - Sitton - Bulaga

It could just as easily be: Sherrod - Bulaga - Tretter - Sitton - Bakhtiari

We just don't know yet. What we do know is that the 5 best guys will be starting.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-28-2013 at 10:31 PM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see but I have a theory we will, in fact, be a top 10 rushing team next year. Crazy thought? Perhaps.. but hear me out.

We obviously dedicated our draft towards that cause. Assuming we put an equal amount of dedication into it when building our depth chart, I'd assume we'd open the season with an OLine that looks something like this..

Bulaga - Lang - EDS - Sitton - Barclay

Tell me that's not an above average run blocking unit. The problem we've been running into (pun intended) has been the following; A) looking for more pass protection oriented OLineman and occasionally passing on better overall options for that and B) plugging in runners not suited for our blocking scheme and with severely limited talent. Starks was a terrible fit. So was Benson and Grant.

We started to realize that towards the end of last season and found someone that actually fit our scheme and had success, even though no one is going to claim DaJuan Harris is an amazing talent. BUT he fit the scheme and we finally rolled out lineman that were eager to run block.

Teams won't play a bunch of guys in the box against us. If we are able to roll out the line I listed above with Lacy and Franklin, and we give at least a 45% split to running the football, I don't see how we won't be a very passable to possibly quite good running team.

Obviously that relies on avoiding injuries and dedicating more than the last few years to the run, but it's well within reason.

Lacy and Franklin are each more talented than any running back we've had since Ahman Green, in my opinion.

Individually I think the OLine is fine; it's been the struggle of finding a cohesive group, in my opinion. I think Bulaga might not be as good as a LT but he will be a big improvement over Newhouse; whereas I think Barclay will bring enough run blocking to make up for mediocre pass blocking.

But who knows what the line will look like. All I know is that Lacy and Franklin are something we've been missing; talented between the tackle runners who don't run upright and don't look to stretch plays outside behind the line of scrimmage.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:30 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem with the OL was the lack of depth. Once Bulaga got hurt, it made the line worse at 2 spots. Lang, a quality LG, was then forced to move to RT(where he isn't that good). Add in EDS to LG(he sucks), Saturday at Center(flatout sucked) + I believe Sitton played through some injury all season, hampering his play

my only real concerns with the line are LT and Center. Newhouse is tissue soft and is far too inconsistent. He'll look completely AWFUL one half, then play great in the 2nd. I'm also not sold on EDS as the C or as a starter ANYWHERE. Center should be easier to fill, but LT is obviously the big spot.

I think Sherrod is still going to take another year. He's more healed now and will get his practice reps, but I think it's going to be a process. I still think he can be good though...but it may not be this season. Mike Flanagan had a similar injury with GB and he took a good 2 years to get things right...and then he turned out to be pretty damn good
Old 04-29-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeing that the Bills sent Sheppard to the Colts for Hughes today makes me wonder if that what was going on with Bishop during the draft. I believe it is documented that TT liked Hughes as a prospect and I wonder if the Colts were putting feelers out to see if there was any interest. Bishop might have been what the Colts were looking for in exchange.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Seeing that the Bills sent Sheppard to the Colts for Hughes today makes me wonder if that what was going on with Bishop during the draft. I believe it is documented that TT liked Hughes as a prospect and I wonder if the Colts were putting feelers out to see if there was any interest. Bishop might have been what the Colts were looking for in exchange.
If we would've traded Bishop for Hughes, I would have been quite upset.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I think Sherrod is still going to take another year. He's more healed now and will get his practice reps, but I think it's going to be a process. I still think he can be good though...but it may not be this season. Mike Flanagan had a similar injury with GB and he took a good 2 years to get things right...and then he turned out to be pretty damn good
The thing that worries me is that Flanagan was a center. Can a left tackle recover from that injury and still be good? Will it be more problematic because of the difference in required lateral agility?

I'm not a doctor, so I don't know. But that does worry me a bit.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports ILB Desmond Bishop trade talks "didnt get off the ground" because of the Packers' asking price.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
my only real concerns with the line are LT and Center.
That's 2 pretty big areas.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

CAMP SCRIMMAGE BATTLES

I can't wait to see our top defense lining up against our top offense.
I am going to project Bulaga to be healthy, and moved to LT so they can keep Barclay at RT. With Sherrod's leg still healing and not strong enough to risk him protecting 12, they will want to start our best 5 OL, and that will be LT Bulaga--- LG Lang--- C EDS--- RG Sitton--- RT Barclay

Looking forward to seeing how they do against:
Neal---Raji---Datone
with Matthews off one edge and Perry the other edge.
Mix in a little Desmond Bishop and Brad Jones from the middle, I'm really liking our D front.
CJ Wilson, Ryan Pickett, and Mike Daniels rotating to keep all 6 fresh.
I see Worthy redshirting.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
CAMP SCRIMMAGE BATTLES

I can't wait to see our top defense lining up against our top offense.
I am going to project Bulaga to be healthy, and moved to LT so they can keep Barclay at RT. With Sherrod's leg still healing and not strong enough to risk him protecting 12, they will want to start our best 5 OL, and that will be LT Bulaga--- LG Lang--- C EDS--- RG Sitton--- RT Barclay

Looking forward to seeing how they do against:
Neal---Raji---Datone
with Matthews off one edge and Perry the other edge.
Mix in a little Desmond Bishop and Brad Jones from the middle, I'm really liking our D front.
CJ Wilson, Ryan Pickett, and Mike Daniels rotating to keep all 6 fresh.
I see Worthy redshirting.
That is a pretty light front line. Pickett is so effective against the run it will be hard to keep him out of the base defense.

I'm really interested in how Perry looks. I still don't quite understand how a wrist injury gets a guy put on IR.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is a pretty light front line. Pickett is so effective against the run it will be hard to keep him out of the base defense.

I'm really interested in how Perry looks. I still don't quite understand how a wrist injury gets a guy put on IR.
I played DE in High School and college.....your wrists take a beating. Most guys actually tape their wrists.

You pretty much can't do any upper body lifts as well with an injured wrist.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:10 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:

I agree. Plus Neal has done absolutely nothing to warrant consideration as a starter.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al Harris will retire as a Packer

I don't typically get sentimental over football players, but this makes me happy. I was at that 2004 playoff game against the Seahawks. It was sooooo cold. I didn't hear Hasselbeck say "We want the ball and we're gonna score" but it certainly moved through the stands pretty quickly. The place exploded when Harris caught that pick six.

Last edited by WCH : 05-01-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

LOVED Al Harris!
Aaron Kampman should do the same, next.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Whoa, Packers are completely FLIPPING the OL for this season

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...205911961.html

Interested to see how this works out. Potential wise, I like it a lot(with Barclay winning the RT job hopefully). Gotta protect Aaron's blindside and the potential of a Bulaga/Sitton combination on the left side has a lot of promise

MM did say they were going to be better on the OL, especially the left side. Putting their 2 best OLineman on the left side certainly speaks to that. Crossing my fingers that Bulaga takes well to the switch. I'd also say that this is telling when it comes to the Pack bringing Newhouse back after this year(they clearly want an upgrade and don't see him as a long term option)
Old 05-03-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Sitton at LG and Lang at RG is confusing.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Eh, clearly they want their best lineman on Rodgers blindside, so I get it from that sense

they added that TE this offseason to, Mulligan, who is known for being a good blocking TE. Hopefully it all comes together and the OL improves and the run game is more efficient
Old 05-03-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Bulaga playing the left side makes a lot of sense. The switch of the guards is confusing because we're moving players from positions they're comfortable at and I'd rather have the more experience (and better guard) playing the right side next to the inexperienced Barclay at right tackle. Making three dramatic changes, instead of just one, could lead to more problems than solutions for the offensive.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't really like the guard switch. Some continuity on the line would have been nice. Instead, EDS could be the only person who plays the same position as last year if Newhouse wins the job at RT, and he is inexperienced as it is.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote