Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How Good is Marqise Lee?

Is he better then AJ Green and Juilo Jones or is better then jones but not as good as Green, how good is he?
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Better than Crabtree, not as good as AJ or Julio IMO

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on par with AJ, better than julio and crabtree

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
on par with AJ, better than julio and crabtree
????? Dude, Julio is not a notch below AJ.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A notch below AJ and Julio. Better than Crabtree and Justin Blackmon. Will probably get a grade similar to Dez Bryant in my book.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A.J. and Julio are on the same level. Both were ELITE talents coming out. I agree that he will probably be rated closer to Dez coming out. Dez is also an elite talent but he's a bit of a ratard. Marqise isn't the all-around player that those guys are but he's a gamebreaker and will instantly be a #1 receiver the day he steps on the field in the NFL.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
????? Dude, Julio is not a notch below AJ.
imo he is a little bit below, not much, and lee is right in the gap between them. still the three are my three fav wideout prospects in the last bunch of years

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not quite AJ or Julio. Doesn't have the size or freak athleticism to be that high. I wouldn't hesitate using a top 5 pick on him. He isn't a 4.3 guy, and he's not as tall as elite guys who run in that 4.45-4.50 range, but he is a playmaker who DBs just can't cover.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
max
Rookie

max is a cocksman.max is a cocksman.max is a cocksman.

man , i'm not sure how great of a football player he'll become but if it's
anywhere close to him as a person , , , , the sky is the absolute limit

i've coached against marqise since he was around 7-8 years old
he and my son were in the same high school graduating class
and they've competed against each other in park n rec and
aau since they were kids beginning at the local ymca

i didn't even know he played football , or ran track for that matter
that's how good of a basketball player he was . . . i've always
looked at him as a man amongst boys , and since learning
of his upbringing as a youth he's even more impressive
(both parents were deaf - link below)

marqise is the 2nd best athlete i've ever seen to come out of inglewood
the first would be my HS backcourt mate and 3-time laker champion
byron scott , , , , , , whom i believe would have made pro in either
football (QB) baseball (pitcher) boxing ,,,,,, and hoops of course

i rank him ahead of another morningside alum - stais boseman - who
was the first california athlete ever to be named state mvp in
both football and basketball , , , , , doing so as a junior

marqise is without question one of the greatest young men i've ever
encountered and trust that i've come across plenty . . . . . he still
to this day refers to me as "Sir" whenever we cross paths

i could talk about this kid all day but i'll simply close by saying that he's
just an absolute genuine young man whom i wish nothing but the best

(it's saying i don't have enough posts to drop links but you
can google search by the story title if you're interested)

"The rise of Marqise Lee"

Last edited by max : 05-04-2013 at 01:44 PM.
max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He might not have the height of the WR's mentioned, but he's not just a "Gamebreaker", he's a complete WR. The only knock on him is that he can make the circus catch and drop the routine catch. That's the main thing he's working on this spring/summer, and he claims he won't drop a pass this year. We'll see how much he improves in that regard.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see some revisionist memory going on here. Julio wasn't really an elite prospect comparatively. Most had him somewhere between 6-12 on their boards and him falling to #13 to the Rams was a very popular pick. AJ was pretty clearly ahead of him on most boards though I do think they were on the same level as prospects. Neither killed it their jr years and I'm not sure either of them were quite on the elite Calvin/Fitz/Andre/Charles Rogers level.

Anyway, although he doesn't quite have the size of either, right now I'd put Marqise in that AJ/Julio tier and just slightly above the Dez/Crabtree tier assuming he keeps up his level of play and tests as explosively as he plays.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
He might not have the height of the WR's mentioned, but he's not just a "Gamebreaker", he's a complete WR. The only knock on him is that he can make the circus catch and drop the routine catch. That's the main thing he's working on this spring/summer, and he claims he won't drop a pass this year. We'll see how much he improves in that regard.
I think you're right in that he doesn't have the same height as the others mentioned and that gives the QB a little less of a target to throw to, more of an issue in the NFL as opposed to college.

Don't expect him to last much past the 5th pick regardless of who comes out. I'd feel pretty comfortable saying that after Clowney he might be the surest thing out there.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just hoping he tests well and checks out well because on the field, wow, Marqise Lee is simply incredible. The guy made his quarterback forget about an early 2nd rounder...
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think you're right in that he doesn't have the same height as the others mentioned and that gives the QB a little less of a target to throw to, more of an issue in the NFL as opposed to college.

Don't expect him to last much past the 5th pick regardless of who comes out. I'd feel pretty comfortable saying that after Clowney he might be the surest thing out there.
I don't think it'll be much of a problem. I think his 40 might be a tad be pedestrian for those thinking he's gonna destroy the combine, but I'm very confident his vertical will cause massive erections for those who are scouting.

I see him as a slightly smaller but much more Dynamic version of Mike Williams (syracuse).
Old 05-04-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle472 View Post
Is he better then AJ Green and Juilo Jones or is better then jones but not as good as Green, how good is he?
Considering I thought Jones was better than Green coming out, I'd say he isn't as good as either of them. He would have been the top receiver in 2013 but I don't know if he is even better than Justin Blackmon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As said above, I think his height drops him a slight notch below AJ and Julio but ahead of Dez. He's more of a complete player than Julio was coming out but Julio was tall and ridiculously athletic.

I feel like Lee's upside is a more explosive Greg Jennings, which still isn't quite an Andre Johnson level receiver.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting to watch every game Marqise has played has been a privilege. Like many people have said, I do not think he is on the same level as AJ or Julio and to be honest I think the main reason is he just doesn't have the same size. If he was 6'3" he would be in that elite category IMO.

Dez level sounds about right to me. When I watch him I can't help but see T.O. Obviously he isn't as big, but they play the same type of game. Both very physical, and great after the catch. Marqise is going to be a terror for a long time to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd put him next to Julio right now and a notch below AJ Green. Green was a better prospect coming out and is still the better WR.

Off topic, for at least most of a season I thought Marqise Lee was actually Mark Easley. It is said the same way and I never saw it written down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
coach4fu
Rookie

coach4fu hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am starting to think he is a bit overrated. I'm also reading some scouts suggest the same thing. Above average talent, but some are suggesting his numbers might be a product of system (having woods helped) and that his size and build could hold him back at the next level. Steve Smith (Carolina) had a strong body build but Lee lacks that. It will be fun to follow his development this year.
coach4fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach4fu View Post
I am starting to think he is a bit overrated. I'm also reading some scouts suggest the same thing. Above average talent, but some are suggesting his numbers might be a product of system (having woods helped) and that his size and build could hold him back at the next level. Steve Smith (Carolina) had a strong body build but Lee lacks that. It will be fun to follow his development this year.
I don't think anyone hyping the guy up is simply looking at his numbers. He has some serious skills with the ball in his hands and is just an all-around complete WR prospect, with good route running and hands. Curious to see how he measures out at the combine though. Having said that, I do not think he is as good of a prospect as AJ Green and Julio Jones were though.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
coach4fu
Rookie

coach4fu hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sorry, I didn't mean they were hyping him just based on numbers. I just think it is more of a collection of many things. Numbers are inflated because of talent/system. Size is underwhelming. Speed is good, not great. I remember being at their spring game and a few scouts didn't get the hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
I don't think anyone hyping the guy up is simply looking at his numbers. He has some serious skills with the ball in his hands and is just an all-around complete WR prospect, with good route running and hands. Curious to see how he measures out at the combine though. Having said that, I do not think he is as good of a prospect as AJ Green and Julio Jones were though.
coach4fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I see some revisionist memory going on here. Julio wasn't really an elite prospect comparatively. Most had him somewhere between 6-12 on their boards and him falling to #13 to the Rams was a very popular pick. AJ was pretty clearly ahead of him on most boards though I do think they were on the same level as prospects. Neither killed it their jr years and I'm not sure either of them were quite on the elite Calvin/Fitz/Andre/Charles Rogers level.

Anyway, although he doesn't quite have the size of either, right now I'd put Marqise in that AJ/Julio tier and just slightly above the Dez/Crabtree tier assuming he keeps up his level of play and tests as explosively as he plays.
Oh please. You are the one revising history. He was elite since a freshman. His production dropped a little the last two years and people wanted to know why. It was a result of the offense he played in.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I'd put him next to Julio right now and a notch below AJ Green. Green was a better prospect coming out and is still the better WR.

Off topic, for at least most of a season I thought Marqise Lee was actually Mark Easley. It is said the same way and I never saw it written down.
I have no idea what you are basing that on. Jones is better is every category physically and he has production to match. He's also a lot stronger.

- Genius
Old 05-04-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I have no idea what you are basing that on. Jones is better is every category physically and he has production to match. He's also a lot stronger.
Green was ranked above Jones as a prospect pretty much everywhere. Jones had a nice boost after the combine but Green was clearly the better prospect.

Jones is better physically but I rank Green as the 2nd best WR in the NFL behind CJ. Green is just a phenomenal WR. Physical attributes aren't everything. Jones also plays with a much superior QB and with another top level WR opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am hardly an authority on the matter but I consistently ranked Jones above Green even before the combine, although it really was splitting hairs, and depending on what you are looking in the NFL I still believe it is splitting hairs to say who is better. AJ Green is probably the smoothest athlete in the NFL and high points the ball as well as anyone, but Julio is much more of a game breaker and uses his ridiculous power as well as anyone not named Calvin Johnson.

As for Lee I see a top 10 pick next year. His size and speed will be questions. You don't get too many guys who are under 6'0, under 200lbs and run somewhere in the region of the 4.5s who will go that high, but his abilities with the ball in his hands, his jumping ability, his big play threat etc put him up there. His production was off the charts last year too, but with Barkley and Woods gone there are no reasons to question his numbers this year. I don't expect him to have 1700 yards this year but with 1400 and double digit TDs expected, I still think he will be a top 10 pick and the first WR taken.

Also, a really underrated part of Lee's game is his ability as a blocker. Most WRs, especially small ones don't do anything but get in the way. Lee can drive his man backwards and you even see him blocking LBs and linemen on crack backs

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 05-05-2013 at 09:50 AM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote