Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was passing that ball like a hot potato.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Silly Nets, letting a Bulls team on crunches win the series. The east is so so weak.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's my team..

Old 05-04-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yayy bulls!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you joey.

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joakim Noah >>>>> your favorite player.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh goody, I am actually glad the Bulls won. They have proved they go full ass, and will always give a great effort no matter what. AKA, they will provide a challenge for the Heat. The Heat will win, but it won't be another sweep where the half ass **** for 3 quarters and then still win by double figures. It woulda been like that for the Nets...they know they better not and can't do the half ass against the Bulls.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
**** you joey.

rofl

That is the best thing I've ever seen

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joakim Noah > Melo.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still pissed Noah decided to stay in school one more year when he would have been the number 1 pick overall. Instead of Noah we end up with Andrea ******* Bargnani. Though Colangelo still probably would have taken Bargnani over him. I guess I should be happy, I did get to see some amazing Primo pasta commercials because of it all.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I LOVE Noah, but he wasn't the number 1 overall pick. He was a meh prospect, he's turned out to be a much better pro than people expected.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-05-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I LOVE Noah, but he wasn't the number 1 overall pick. He was a meh prospect, he's turned out to be a much better pro than people expected.
I am sure he would have been picked apart as a prospect but the year he decided to stay was not considered a strong draft. I recall him being the consensus number 1 pick after march madness. Now a lot can change and likely would have but I think there is a fairly good chance he would have been taken 1 overall. Raptors needed a C to put next to Bosh. Aldrige was never really considered because he was thought of as too similar to Bosh (though as it turns out a much better player). Going into that year *** was considered the consensus number 1 though he had sort of a disappointing year so he fell. Noah had all the momentum but we do see it happen all the time, a player gets dissected like crazy and drops. It certainly happened the next year to Noah.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I am sure he would have been picked apart as a prospect but the year he decided to stay was not considered a strong draft. I recall him being the consensus number 1 pick after march madness. Now a lot can change and likely would have but I think there is a fairly good chance he would have been taken 1 overall. Raptors needed a C to put next to Bosh. Aldrige was never really considered because he was thought of as too similar to Bosh (though as it turns out a much better player). Going into that year *** was considered the consensus number 1 though he had sort of a disappointing year so he fell. Noah had all the momentum but we do see it happen all the time, a player gets dissected like crazy and drops. It certainly happened the next year to Noah.
Aldridge is not better than Bosh.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-05-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Aldridge is not better than Bosh.
**** Chris Bosh. I have an undying hatred of the man.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Eh get over it. And Noah was not a number 1 overall prospect, Tyrus Thomas was the prospect of that draft. It was a really weird draft because of that, and Bargnani is probably one of the worst number 1 picks ever. No idea why Colangelo overpaid him again, and still keeps him on. He's garbage.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-05-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Eh get over it. And Noah was not a number 1 overall prospect, Tyrus Thomas was the prospect of that draft. It was a really weird draft because of that, and Bargnani is probably one of the worst number 1 picks ever. No idea why Colangelo overpaid him again, and still keeps him on. He's garbage.
I will not get over it. **** Chris Bosh. He is a piece of ****. I am allowed to hate him. He is to me the player Carmelo is to you, only not as good.

I don't think Thomas was ever really considered the number 1 prospect of the draft. He had all the potential but I don't recall anybody ever saying he should have gone 1 overall. Maybe I am wrong though. It was a weird draft in that there was no real consensus top prospect. Bargnani was certainly a terrible pick. I think Colangelo was all excited to take him at 4 or 5 but when against all odds (well not really but the odds were slim) the Raptors won the lottery he refused to consider better prospects. He wanted his C. I think you are underrating how highly Noah was looked at as a prospect at the end of that NCAA season. Of course this was 7 years ago and maybe 18 year old me just loved Noah too much but I do remember many people thinking he was going 1 overall before he decided to stay another year (not to say that if he had come out he absolutely would have gone that high though).
Old 05-05-2013, 02:33 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
rofl

That is the best thing I've ever seen
i'm so surprised he didn't have an aneurysm on the spot.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:42 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coming out Noah was a good prospect, but a lot of people were skeptical of him due to what people thought was limited potential. He was seen as a good defender/rebounder/energy/hustle guy, but people thought he might have a low ceiling because he wasn't a top level athlete and had limited offensive skills (terrible mechanics on that shot, but it works).

I guess he became that defender/rebounder/energy/hustle guy that people thought, but he's just WAY better at it than anyone predicted. Everyone thought he would be a good defender, but not many thought he would be as dominant as he is. Plus he's actually developed into a pretty decent offensive player in spots.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shut up all of you.

#sadScottyin2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was having this debate with someone here at school earlier today, to procrastinate studying for finals, but who would you have rather played with the current Thunder roster? (I mean without Westbrook) The Grizz or The Clip Show.

I just wonder because it was an interesting debate to have. I said the Grizz, being a Thunder fan, I like that matchup a lot better as I trust Reggie Jackson against Conley a whole lot more than CP3, plus we have two bigs, with Perkins being the most physical of the two to bang down low with Z-Bo and Gasol as that's their strength. Plus, who do the Grizz have to really guard KD? I guess Prince will be on him? Not really sure who would on the Clips either, I think Matt Barnes(?), but just was an interesting debate.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knicks/Pacers. Lets get it.

Should be an interesting series to say the least...
Old 05-05-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
So I was having this debate with someone here at school earlier today, to procrastinate studying for finals, but who would you have rather played with the current Thunder roster? (I mean without Westbrook) The Grizz or The Clip Show.

I just wonder because it was an interesting debate to have. I said the Grizz, being a Thunder fan, I like that matchup a lot better as I trust Reggie Jackson against Conley a whole lot more than CP3, plus we have two bigs, with Perkins being the most physical of the two to bang down low with Z-Bo and Gasol as that's their strength. Plus, who do the Grizz have to really guard KD? I guess Prince will be on him? Not really sure who would on the Clips either, I think Matt Barnes(?), but just was an interesting debate.
I would rather play the Clippers. Because they are overrated.

Conley is a hoss. He'll get his.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any teams who would be interested in a $17M or less Trade Exception this summer? The TPE could be used to help a team open up cap room for this summer.

I was thinking maybe the Mavs... the Magic could take on both Marion and Carter freeing up an additional $12M which would allow the Mavs to add 2 max contracts... or however else they want to use the money...

Other teams?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post

The best perimetet defender in the NBA, Tony Allen..
Old 05-05-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I put money on the Grizzlies winning the series.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote