Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 05-06-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Browns Redraft

Did this last year so I'll keep it up. First I would have taken the Rams trade in a heartbeat because Mingo would not have been top 5 on my board.
Sooooo....

1-16. they took: Mingo
I would have taken: TE - Tyler Eifert
Solid safe 1st choice. He's got more elusiveness in the open field than he's given credit for and a great target for Chud & Norv's scheme. Plus I'm not a big Cameron fan.

2-46. I would have taken: WR - Keenan Allen
I'm a huge Mathieu fan and consider him here but Allen's too high on my board to pass. Also not convinced Greg Little's a capable #2. My plan would be to move Little to RB/WR/RS and use him in the valued rec RB role that was bread & butter in SD with Sproles and Tolbert. He'd still line as a WR in spread sets. Little gets amped and can be a sparkplug with the ball in his hands.

3-78. they took: Leon McFadden
I would have taken: QB Tyler Wilson
My top QB in the draft. Stock nosedived after a difficult senior year and the pounding he took but I love that he plays with a chip and can make plays in crunch time.

*Bess trade was A+ same there

4- 111 They traded out
I would have taken: S - Shamarko Thomas
Screw you Steelers. I'm well into the minority that think Thomas could play in the box or in the deep half. I watched a handful of 12' Cuse games and what stood out to me was his SPEED and ability to close in the open field.
A solid tackler that might be even more reliable if coached to not always look for the knockout blow-although it's nice to have that right hand when it's needed. I also don't think T.J. Ward is strictly an inbox guy either-he played more deep half as a rookie and fared decently-just in case I'm wrong about Thomas.

*also fine with the 5th round trade out.

6-175. They took: Jamoris Slaughter
I would have taken: CB - Marc Anthony
Ended up a late 7th rounder but I would've taken him here in the 6th. More quick than fast but he's physical and worth developing as a starting outside guy. If that doesn't work, he'd also make a solid FS or nickel DB/special teamer. He reminds me of Keenan Lewis.

217. they took: OLB - Armonty Bryant
I would have taken: Same
Didn't have any problems with their 7th round picks.
Bryant's a guy that started creating buzz at his pro day and private workouts after a so-so East West week.

227. they took: OG/OT - Garrett Gilkey
I would have taken: same again.
I thought this guy had a very good senior week and game. He showed quickness and was stout given his length. Almost pegged him to the Browns in my last mock as a 5th rounder. Great value imo. Plus I like saying Gilkey! the same way Shrek says "donkey!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bleh on Keenan Allen. nice player, but big injury concerns for his career and he is basically another possession guy like Greg Little and wouldn't be anymore than the #3 or #4 WR as long as Gordon, Bess, and Little are on this team. WR was addressed by trading for Bess.

Same with Wilson, not a big fan. If we went QB this year I would've gotten Landry Jones later on. Also I like Duke Williams more than Shamarko Thomas, but unfortunately Duke was gone by our 5th round pick.

I would take my chances on Mingo, but trading down to take Jarvis Jones and get 2 extra picks would've been very enticing. I think I probably would've taken that trade even though I think Mingo is gonna be better than Jones.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have gone Mathieu there in the 3rd for sure but since I didn't take a QB in last year's version, I figured I needed one. If I continue to track this, no QBs would be no bueno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote