Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-06-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cardinals took the 2nd best Guard at #7 overall. That's not a great draft.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously Minnesota to me. It's not about filling needs with solid players/values. I like what the Ravens did, I think Brown is gonna be very good and Elam a solid pro, maybe a guy who goes to a few pro bowls and then fades out b/c of his size/injury potential. But the Vikings took one of the 5 best players in the draft at pick #23 and then got a big, high upside corner in Rhodes and the best WR prospect in the draft in Patterson. That's 2 guys with elite potential and a starting CB. Not to mention they probably got a starting linebacker later on because between one of Gerald Hodges and Michael Mauti. If they took Floyd/Rhodes/Patterson with 3 top 15 picks in this draft, people would be raving - yet they got those guys with 3 picks in the 20s!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome View Post
Yeah. I guess I will evaluate him based off 1 performance: The Senior Bowl.

Ive watched tons of tape on him. He is strong and good against the run. He sometimes can get too high at times, but he is 6'8. This guy is going to be a monster in a few years.

If we judge players off their senior bowl performance only, I guess we can chalk Brandon Graham up as an NFL Pro Bowl Hall of Famer?

Good point...And I guess we can add Sedgwick Ellis and Danny Watkins to the list of the Canton bound.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to list a couple of teams

49ers
I think they did a great job addressing their needs and at the same time getting talented guys for those positions with their first 8 picks. Carradine comes in to a great situation where he doesn't have to contribute right away but could be a big time contributor down the road. I though DE, TE, and WR were their biggest needs coming into this draft and they got great players at each of those positions.

Bengals
I really felt that coming into this draft they needed to add multiple weapons with a variety of skill sets to their offense to take Dalton's game to the next level. Eifert is great because he can line up at TE or line up at WR in the slot. Bernard provides a different type of back for the Cincinnati offense that I think they have lacked for a long time. Cobi Hamilton I felt was a great value pick late in the draft and might be able to push Andrew Hawkins and Brandon Tate for playing time. Finally, Reid Fragel is a great OT prospect who could develop over time.

On defense I thought they did a great job of drafting guys with high ceilings who wouldn't have to play right away, but were going to become positions of need in the next few years. Margus Hunt, Shawn Williams, and Sean Porter all could be impact players for them down the line.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:11 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Ravens, Giants, Vikings had the three best classes and it's probably not even close.

Jets could have a sneaky good draft if we look back on this in 4 years if Geno Smith turns into anything close to a franchise QB. At least one of Millner/Richardson should hit and be a Pro Bowl caliber player. If you can emerge with a franchise QB (even if he's only hovering around #10-#12) and a Pro Bowl defender, you've had a good draft.

The most overrated draft is by far the 49ers draft. They got a bunch of PUP guys and reached for the 4th or 5th ranked safety in the first round.

Last edited by AcheTen (Thumper) : 05-07-2013 at 12:13 AM.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
The most overrated draft is by far the 49ers draft. They got a bunch of PUP guys and reached for the 4th or 5th ranked safety in the first round.
Very surprising opinion from you.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
1: Tennessee Titans: Blidi Wreh Wilson has starter potential.
I'm still not happy the Jags took Dwayne Gratz ahead of Wreh-Wilson - the fact Wreh-Wilson got taken by a division rival made it all the worse! I had watched 4 or 5 UConn games - saw in March that NFL Draft Scout had Gratz rated way ahead of Wreh-Wilson, so even watched the Louisville game as another check. Gratz got beaten for 2 TD's and Wreh-Wilson had an INT in OT which won them the game. I guess the Combine numbers won it for Gratz, but surely you've got to watch tape too?!

Draft wise - like what the Giants and 49ers did. 49ers later rounders were more athletic number flyers (if they make a good roster it will be on special teams, so even then I got why) - but love Carradine, Lemonier, Lattimore and Patton particularly. Giants first 4 picks were very good - first two (Pugh and Hankins) were two of my favourite players this year and Moore in round 3 is good value, 40 time was poor - but vertical and broad jumps confirmed he's an explosive athlete, plus very good tape. Cooper Taylor on day three was worth a look - think with his size he could find a nickel LB niche role, so worth the pick.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
1: Tennessee Titans: Love what they did throughout the draft.
Picked my #1 player in this draft, when they picked Chance Warmack. Great talent, who fills a huge need on the o-line.
Justin Hunter has the potential to be #1 WR. His catch radius and ability to adjust to the ball will help Jake Locker and his spotty accuracy.
Blidi Wreh Wilson has starter potential. So does Brian Schwenke.
Zaviar Gooden and Lavar Edwards adds nice depth to the roster.
Thats two potential studs in Warmack and Hunter, two solid starters in Wilson and Schwenke, and two solid back ups. Thats a great haul in my book.

2: St. Louis Rams: The two first round picks of Austin and Ogletree are somewhat risky, but comes with equally high upside. If they play up to their potential, the Rams have landed two great playmakers.
Not particularly high on TJ McDonald, but hell get a chance to start as a rookie. Well see how that goes.
Love the Stedman Bailey and Barrett Jones picks. I think theyll see a lot of snaps sooner rather than later. Zac Stacy is one of my favourite sleeper candidates this year, and has a chance to become a starter imo.
Les Snead is quickly rising up my list of favourite GMs.

3: Houston Texans: With their first two picks the Texans got my favourite WR and S in this class, so Im bound to like it. Hopkins will be a great compliment to Andre Johnson, and has the ability to take over as a #1 WR down the line. Swearinger will crack the starting line up sooner rather than late, and I think hell be a beast in the secondary.
Brennan Williams is a great run blocker, and has a legit shot at winning the starting spot at RT this year.
Sam Montgomery and Trevardo Williams will add some quality depth to the pass rush rotation. (Assuming Montgomery keeps his head on straight.)
Dont know a lot about David Quessenberry, but I think hell be a valuable back up, who can fill in on different positions on the o-line.

Since I try and avoid being a huge homer out in public I wont rank the Ravens draft, but lets just say Im very happy with the crop Ozzie brought home this year.
Great picks. Tennessee was my 1 or 2 as well. Minnesota would probably be next for me if not 1st though. I like your other 2 choices as well though. St.Louis obviously did pretty well and I really like Hopkins,Swearinger and Quisenberry as fits in Houston. I hate Montgomery as a prospect, especially in their D, but I do like Williams for them.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote