Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 05-03-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fortunate for the Titans, unfortunate for him/our society.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His name is super white, though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe he (dawson) interviewed for the Rams GM position.

Overall, I'm impressed on paper with not only our roster but our staff. Hopefully we can pull it together because I really like Munch and a majority of the staff, just can't stand getting blown out!
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, just out of curiosity, what's everyone opinion on the chances of each rookie being an OPENING DAY STARTER?

Warmack - 100%
Hunter - 100% Even though he technically may not be, he'll play the snaps of one.
Gooden - 10% May play in sub packages as the season goes on.
Bloody Ray - 60% I think they drafted him to start. Have to unseat Vern though.
Schwenke - 80%

The rest don't stand a chance.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
So, just out of curiosity, what's everyone opinion on the chances of each rookie being an OPENING DAY STARTER?

Warmack - 100%
Hunter - 100% Even though he technically may not be, he'll play the snaps of one.
Schwenke - 80%

Warmack 100%
Hunter 100% - He'll be a "starter" at WR, even if we happen to list a FB or 2nd TE as a starter on the depth chart instead of him
Bidi Wreh 50% - I think he'll be a starter on the outside when the team is in the nickel. In the nickel Verner will slide inside but In our base I believe Verner will still be the starter.
Gooden - 10% - He could be one to start by the end of the season, but I don't think he'll get much except special teams and some special packages for him to start the season.
Schwenke 75% - This, in my opinion comes down to his ability to make line calls. Velasco has been in the system and is a a veteran so he has the edge on this right now. We can't play Schwenke until he is mentally ready to take on the responsibility, he is physically capable right now, but we'll see over preseason whether he has the mental capacity to play this season or not.
Edwards - 2% - He has a chance if he dominates on early downs and he'll "start" on special teams lol
Old 05-04-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't count out Coty S starting outside in the nickel. He was noted as being a better in man than zone coming out and he looked pretty solid last year. Obviously, I'd love if BWW looked amazing and starts from day 1, but if not Coty isn't a bad option.

The same goes for Velasco. He graded out really well last year and knows the system. But here's to hoping the rook stands out and completes the FORF
Old 05-04-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Sensabaugh could definitely play some, but he too may be given a shot on the outside allowing Verner to play the slot.

It will be interesting to see how we decide to approach this, because really Tommie Campbell, Coty Sensabaugh and Blidi Wreh-Wilson can all compete to play outside in nickel situations.

Coty Sensabaugh, Alterraun Verner will likely compete to play the nickel.

I'm still a firm believer in Tommie Campbell, and hope the addition of Gregg Williams can figure some stuff out to get the most out of him. If nothing else, put him in there for a game and let us fans see that he can't play so we can let our hopes go!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post

Warmack - 100%
Schwenke - 80%

1. OG Warmack = 100%
2. WR Hunter = 35%
3a. CB Blidi-Wreh = 15%
3b. OLB Gooden = 0%
4. C Schwenke = 20%
5. DE Edwards = 25%
6. CB Wooten = 0%
7. SS Stafford = 0%

On offense, Warmack's a no-brainer to start. As far as Hunter goes, I think a lot will depend on (a.) what happens to Nate Washington & (b.) what position the coaches feel is best-suited for Kendall Wright. If I had to guess, I'd say that Nate is likely to be cut and that KW will be the "starter" along with Britt on the outside and will move inside on 3-WR sets. (Regardless of whether he's the "starter," I think Hunter sees significant snaps.) While everyone is predicting that Schwenke will be our starter on opening-day, I'd actually be very surprised if he was. After all, Velasco knows the offense better and can make the calls -- not to mention that he was clearly one of our best OL last year despite the fact that he doesn't get any love from fans. In the end, I just don't see Munchak/Matthews starting two rookies on the OL when their jobs are on the line and when Velasco is more than capable. (That said, I'd expect Schwenke to get more playing time as the season progresses, and he'll be the starter next season.)

On defense, I actually wouldn't be surprised if Edwards ended up starting for us, depending on how Wimbly looks and whether the coaches want to reserve him for more of a pass-rushing role. Edwards is better than a lot of people know and was very highly thought of by a lot of scouts, against the run and the pass. Still an underdog to start, but it wouldn't shock me. While I guess that BW could be the "starter" since the team wants to press more, I think it's more likely that McCourty/Verner start and that BW comes in on nickel packages on the outside, pushing Verner to the inside. (I think it's more likely that BW gets playing time this year and becomes the starter next season after we let Verner walk. Sensabaugh will then take Verner's spot as the inside CB in nickel.) Gooden, Wooten, and Stafford don't have a chance to start in my opinion because of the guys in front of them -- though I think Gooden could be a good nickel LB guy for us, and I think all three could be very valuable on STs this year.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news, boys!

I dreamt last night that the Tits were getting blown out by the Jags 45-7. And it wasn't even halftime.

That's good because I often dream that the Vols beat Bama, and we know how that has gone lately.

Also, Bernard Pollard made the NFLN Top 100. I expect him to be the only Titan to make it, although technically he made it as a Raven. CJ needs to ball in order to make it due to public perception. We should have a better representation next year though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

lol good, cuz I'd be thinking about getting a new team if we got blown out by the jags
Old 05-06-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @AdamSchefter
Titans are discussing the possibility of signing former Falcons DE John Abraham to a deal that could be done this week.
Me like.

I say we go for broke and go ahead and sign Idonije as well.

Last edited by CashmoneyDrew : 05-06-2013 at 07:26 PM.
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Me like.

I saw we go for broke and go ahead and sign Idonije as well.
That would be moist excellent.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like both Abraham and Idonije as potential options -- though, if I had to pick one, I'd go with Abraham since the DL pass-rush is our biggest need right now and he provides that, even at his age, more consistently than Idonije. (Idonije is more of a DE/DT hybrid in my eyes. He'd be an improvement over Klug in that role for sure, though he'd also be more expensive and I'm not sure how much we would utilize that particular skill-set.)

LDE: Morgan, Edwards
DT: Casey, Martin, Klug
DT: Hill, Pitoitua
RDE: Abraham, Wimbley

That would be a stout DL and much improved over recent years...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Abe is good with me. 10 sacks and 6 FF last year is still very good production, I guess the only worry is that he turned 35 today, and with pass rushers, a lot of times when their skills go, they go seemingly overnight. Who's to say he'll be anywhere near the same player that he was even last year? With that said, I'm on board with signing him.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I think it's Morgan and Wimbles all the way. The coaches are comfortable with them it seems. If Abraham is signed, it'll be as a 3rd DE, so his age doesn't worry me. Plus, we really need a good, proven 3rd pass-rusher. The amount on snaps Morgan and K-Wims saw last year has to be obscene.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

It would be a little risk, but I think he'd be worth the risk. He's still playing at a very very high level, potential double digit sack artist can never be ignored.

In a rotation where he doesn't have to play the whole game would be great for him in my opinion.

Idonije would be great as well, I invision Idonije playing on early downs from time to time, and moving inside on passing downs. I also think he could be a good role-model for our newly acquired UDFA Stafon Charles
Old 05-06-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
The amount on snaps Morgan and K-Wims saw last year has to be obscene.
I wish I could find the link, but a few months ago I saw a website that provided snap counts for the whole defense, it was pretty amazing to see how many snaps our DEs took last season, we had no depth behind them whatsoever, it's no wonder Wimbley couldn't stop the run
Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

http://www.totaltitans.com/2013-arti...t-defense.html

The only players we had on defense that played more snaps than Wimbley and Morgan were our 2 starting corners, and Mike Griffin. They both played over 900 snaps which is over 80% of our total defensive plays. Even a 10% decrease in that would be equivalent to saving them nearly 2 whole games.

What I'd be more interested to see is how this stacks up with other starting DE's around the league. But it's hard to expect anyone to do that much charting.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I wish I could find the link, but a few months ago I saw a website that provided snap counts for the whole defense, it was pretty amazing to see how many snaps our DEs took last season, we had no depth behind them whatsoever, it's no wonder Wimbley couldn't stop the run
Lol, we definitely got our money's worth.

What irks me is after all the injuries, we didn't do diddles and just decided to go in raw. Most good coaches would have wrapped it up, but instead we went in with Solomon and Egboh. See, this is why we only won 6 games! Things like this!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

After comparing that sites with the stats from http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Both Morgan and Wimbley ranked top 10 in snaps from the DE position.

They fell closer to 15-20 in % of defensive snaps played, so I guess a large part of it was just that the defense was on the field so much, not necessarily the percentage our DEs were on the field as many great DEs played a lot higher percentages
Old 05-06-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Another interesting fact is that CJ led the league in % of offensive snaps with 82%, the next highest was Doug Martin with 78% followed by Arian Foster with 74%
Old 05-06-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet

I've mentioned #Titans had Freeney on the radar. They'll try to work out a deal with Abraham this week. Doesn't mean end of Freeney interest :
Old 05-06-2013, 11:22 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

It says Abraham played in 71% of the defensive snaps for the Falcons too.

That's awesome about CJ. He takes way too much crap from the casual fans of other teams. Dude's gonna be Top 3 in rushing this season.

LETS SIGN FREENEY TOO!!! OMGOMGOMG

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 05-07-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

That's awesome about CJ. He takes way too much crap from the casual fand of other teams. Dude's gonna be Top 3 in rushing thid season.
I agree, I don't know if I've ever seen a player so disrespected among the boards.

They act like he's a borderline starter in the league. Can't wait til he rips it up
Old 05-07-2013, 03:14 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Speaking of players getting hate, I'm so stoked to watch Jake play this year. What people don't understand is that if Jake puts it together mentally, he's going to be unreal. The guy has soo much talent, and he has one of the biggest arms in the NFL. Now you have him throwing to Britt, Hunter, and Wright, while playing behind an all-world OL. This mixture can be special.

Also, I cringe every time I see us picking Johnny Manziel in the 2014 mocks. He may be the best CFB player in America, and I know he's young, but I think he's facing the same situation Tebow faced. You have a guy with great intangibles and the athletic ability to make him a special college player, but when it comes to throwing the ball, he doesn't have the NFL talent. If Jake doesn't pan out and we miss on Bridgewater, then I want Tajh Boyd. He reminds me of McNair.

Or better yet, sign Jay Cutler in FA if Trestman and the Bears are crazy enough to want to go with their own guy.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 05-07-2013 at 03:17 AM.