Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Cause you didn't watch last night's broadcast. There was a lady sitting a little too close to the TNT mics and the feed was picking up her annoying screaming all night. It's like the producers have their head up their ass or something, they never made the adjustment.
I was thinking the same thing... lol. She sounded like she was loaded.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't heard the audio yet, but you typically hear that stuff all the time when you go to games.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fans down here are rough. All day Monday they blasted the Knicks for losing game 1 @ home to the Pacers and how it is embarrassing, etc. Today, a day after a more embarrassing loss than the Knicks on Sunday, they are calling up and saying it is ok because we will in 5.

I understand being a homer, but damn the fans down here are rough sometimes. There is a lot of Knicks fans that call in so that feeds into it (as BBD does on here) but the Heat's loss was way worse on the humiliation scale.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
She sounds like a wild animal getting slaughtered.

http://deadspin.com/who-is-the-shrie...-fan-493903649
Dear lord kill it
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My issue with the Knicks, Warriors and Thunder is their over-reliance on isolation play.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn you Suns for taking McDonough. Crazy he's only 33 and is now an NBA GM.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
My issue with the Knicks, Warriors and Thunder is their over-reliance on isolation play.
The problem is each of those teams have only 1-2 players that can create their own shot.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-07-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
The problem is each of those teams have only 1-2 players that can create their own shot.
That's not a big issue if you are not playing ISO-ball.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
That's not a big issue if you are not playing ISO-ball.
A lot of average coaches in the NBA. Woodson being one of them, Mark Jackson being in his first year, and Brooks (who was outcoached by Spo) are all below average coaches.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-07-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't say Woodson is a below average coach. What he's done with this team is pretty impressive.

But he's not a great coach either. There's very few coaches in the league who are great coaches. Pop, Doc, and Thibs are the only ones who really come to mind.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having Doc and Thibs on the same staff was the tits. I was so happy every time Thibs got passed over for a HC job. Especially because with Thibs as an assistant we got all the pros of Thibs without the minute management...or lack thereof.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 05-07-2013 at 01:51 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wouldn't say Woodson is a below average coach. What he's done with this team is pretty impressive.

But he's not a great coach either. There's very few coaches in the league who are great coaches. Pop, Doc, and Thibs are the only ones who really come to mind.
It's kind of scary how few coaches in the NBA know how to draw up plays and run an offense.

Edit: Below average was a little harsh.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 05-07-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Jerry Sloan has no business being unemployed right now. He can coach both sides of the ball.

He'd be my first choice to replace Woodson, since Phil Jackson and Doc Rivers are very unlikely.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Agreed. I like that Sloan is saying he would like to coach again, and people were saying Milwaukee would be a perfect fit for him because its the type of non-high profile job that fits his style.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-07-2013, 02:02 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sloan should come to the 76ers to develop the pick and roll with Jrue and Vucevic.

Oh wait.

And yes, I still am and will always be pissed about that trade.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sloan's a Nets candidate and apparently him and D-Will would be cool with that pairing again. pick and roll with D-WIll and Bropez would be the most of sex. ugh.

or PJax.

come on nets, don't mess this up or settle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Yup, surprised to see that Sloan had no problem coaching D-Will again, and D-Will not having a problem playing for him.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nba.com/suns/suns-name-mc...eneral-manager

I like it.
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Agreed. I like that Sloan is saying he would like to coach again, and people were saying Milwaukee would be a perfect fit for him because its the type of non-high profile job that fits his style.
Sloan is a great coach, won't deny that, but I'd prefer Stan Van Gundy for Milwaukee.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Sometimes you learn to appreciate what you had when you lose it.

See Kobe/Phil.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Sloan coaches the Knicks, I'm going to be pissed.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night broke my heart. Hurts to let that one slip away. TNT is awful for coverage. The sound mix was garbage, the half time break is nonsense, and the announcers had zero excitement for a monster game.

Also Curry > Melo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Damn you Suns! I'd say Ainge's best skill is drafting and I know McDonough played a role in that so I'm sad to see him go. Considering his age he must be pretty damn good. Assistant GM by 30 and a Head GM by 33 is impressive to say the least. I know Danny is big on advanced stats so his age would suggest he's probably a wiz in that department.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...e-derrick-rose

Quote:
"Derrick's a brother," Noah said. "And to see him go through this is tough, but at the end of the day it's really funny how quick people are to judge. But people don't know what it's like to lead a team, especially after you tore your ACL.

"If you tore your ACL and you have to be the starting point guard and have the expectations that Derrick has, then maybe you can judge, but everybody who hasn't been in that situation before should really shut up because I feel like it's just so unfair to him and to this team. We're fighting, and everybody's going to just s--- on somebody who's been giving so much to this organization. It's crazy to me."
<3 Jo <3

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Damn you Suns! I'd say Ainge's best skill is drafting and I know McDonough played a role in that so I'm sad to see him go. Considering his age he must be pretty damn good. Assistant GM by 30 and a Head GM by 33 is impressive to say the least. I know Danny is big on advanced stats so his age would suggest he's probably a wiz in that department.
Ya that was my guess too, was supposedly instrumental in the selections of Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley so at the very least he knows defense

Last edited by fenikz : 05-07-2013 at 02:39 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote