Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-20-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I have a dilemma. After 6 good years the disk drive on my PS3 has decided to fail. I can still play games I've downloaded through PSN but it will not read actual hard copies, movies and games alike.

I was gonna just wait it out once I heard the PS4 was coming out but for reasons I cannot fathom, that system will not be backwards compatable . I have a great collection of PS3 games and selling them along with whatever I can get for my old system just doesn't seem worth it to me.

My ideal plan would be to wait until the prices for the PS3 inevitably drop with the arrival of the next gen systems, but Sony hasn't hinted at that yet and it could take a while for it to happen.

So I'm left with either trying to send in my system for repair or buy a brand new model. Any suggestions? Especially anyone who has dealt with Sonys repair services in the past.
Update:

Went ahead and purchased a new system, bought the 250GB bundle that came with Ratchet and Clank HD collection + Playstation all stars.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Is Sleeping Dogs a long (story wise) game? One of my only problems with Arkham City is I felt like the game was pretty short relative to some other open world games. Asking how far I am below in the spoiler tag.

Any tips on which upgrades I should look to get first? Just learned the tackle+ground and pound punch.
http://www.howlongtobeat.com/gamebre...hp?gameid=8754
Old 04-20-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice site.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just starting bioshock infinite...
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Mushtaq23
Rookie

Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mushtaq23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just started a Baylor dynasty on NCAA 13. Since several players have now left I'm going to sim first season to make it more realistic/up to date, just do the recruiting, then start playing in 2013.

Also, starting to get in to my Brewers franchise on MLB The Show 12 now that I can score runs, so will keep plugging away with that too.
Mushtaq23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Is Sleeping Dogs a long (story wise) game? One of my only problems with Arkham City is I felt like the game was pretty short relative to some other open world games. Asking how far I am below in the spoiler tag.

Any tips on which upgrades I should look to get first? Just learned the tackle+ground and pound punch.
You're not that far along. Not halfway yet. In your stats in-game you can see how much of the game you have completed. Definitely do lots of side missions, they're fun and will help you in the main missions.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ratchet & Clank Movie Hits Theaters 2015.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...theaters-2015/

Quote:
One of the biggest questions we’ve gotten in the last few years is “When are you going to make a Ratchet & Clank movie?” The truth is, we’ve wanted to do a movie for a long time! Ratchet & Clank’s action, humor and galaxy-spanning adventures have really been the basis for a fantastic game series, and we think it’d translate perfectly to the big screen.

We’ve been looking for the right partner to help us bring a Ratchet & Clank movie to life, and we’re thrilled to announce that Blockade Entertainment and Rainmaker Entertainment are currently in production on Ratchet & Clank’s first cinematic adventure. Insomniac is honored to play a hands-on role with the film’s production, screenplay, character development, and animation consulting. Furthermore, our own Ratchet & Clank writer, T.J. Fixman, who has written all of the recent Ratchet & Clank games, is writing the script for the film as well.
Click link for trailer.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The Elementary School or Daycare whatever it is in Dead Space 2 is going to give me nightmares haha.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
any of you played a ps1 game on the 3? i'm curious how painful it is, or if things scale pretty well
Depending on the game is isn't that bad just not HD or clear graphics and controls might be a little weird. I play the Metal Gear Solid once in a great while and plays awesome(download,not disk) It is a little boxy like figures sort of . But plays really well.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been thinking of busting out Bushido Blade 2. Last time I played it, it looked like dog ass, though :(. Used to be the ******* bomb.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/...an_ever_before

Quote:
Sony’s next generation console will get you playing faster than ever before.

Irritatingly dubbed ‘PlayGo’, the technology will allow you to hop into a game before it has even finished downloading. "The concept is that you download just a portion of the overall data and start your play session, and you continue your play session as the rest downloads in the background.
Pretty bad ass.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

No ****. That's my biggest gripe with the current system. Updates aren't that big, but they take forever. And it's entirely on their network.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Tomb Raider bundle (2013) is on sale for $29.99 on PSN.

Quote:
The full Tomb Raider game.

- 3-pack bundle of the weapons Agent 47 uses in Hitman: Absolution™.

- Shanty Town multiplayer map, which is a ramshackle area that features steep climbs, multiple ziplines for quick escapes, and deadly traps to set for your enemies.

- TombRaider Outfit Pack (A 3-pack bundle of outfits for Lara — the Hunter, Aviatrix and Guerilla outfits.)

- Quantum Conundrum Full Game
Old 04-30-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Tomb Raider is flipping awesome. It's like Uncharted with more freedom to do what you want.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I finished Tomb Raider and it's my early favorite for game of the year.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

North American PlayStation Plus Awakens with Sleeping Dogs

If you have Plus and haven't played SD get it get it get it!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Tomb Raider is flipping awesome. It's like Uncharted with more freedom to do what you want.
How is that possible?!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
How is that possible?!
The only way I can describe it is playing Uncharted in a open world setting.

When you are playing the story it plays basically like Uncharted with places to go and things to do but you kinda decide when the story progresses.

When you finish parts of the story you can keep going or you have the option to explore the island look for collectables or hunt or whatever.

You can even fast travel to different parts of the island and upgrade weapons kinda like an RPG game.

It's terrific.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^

I definitely plan on picking up Tomb Raider, I have a couple games on deck to keep me busy through the summer but TR will be one of my next purchases.

I just started Dead Space tonight and so far so good. I've only played through the 1st chapter but I'm already catching myself thinking what's around each corner. Love the aliens moving in the shadows overhead giving you the feeling you're constantly being stalked haha.. nice touch.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 05-07-2013 at 09:02 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I just started Dead Space tonight and so far so good. I've only played through the 1st chapter but I'm already catching myself thinking what's around each corner. Love the aliens moving in the shadows overhead giving you the feeling you're constantly being stalked haha.. nice touch.
I just recent played through both Dead Space 1 and 2 and enjoyed them both. I'm not going to lie it made me jump a few times. Playing at night with headphones on really brings it to life.

I'm going to wait for the price drop before I pick up the 3rd game.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Got the platinum trophy for Sleeping Dogs. :)
Old 05-11-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think I have any Platinum Trophies. :(

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I don't think I have any Platinum Trophies. :(
It's ok your not the only one. I have none either.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

i don't even think i have a gold.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

My body is ready!!!