Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-08-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Wind up delivery? I'm not seeing any problems with his delivery. When I think wind up delivery, Byron Leftwich immediately comes to mind and Nassib was probably the best example of it this past year.

I think it'll be Manziel and with him I think there are some serious nits to pick.
No you're right on his release. Just seems like sometimes he's lazy with it and it takes longer than it needs to come out. Coincidentally, Leftwich was the guy that came to mind when I first saw Bridgewater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 05-08-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Bridgewater of course. I'll start. He takes way too many sacks and has a wind up delivery.
Windup? Huh? He holds the ball pretty close to his head during his delivery. Not sure what you're talking about.

Guys like Jimmy Clausen, Brock Osweiler, Kevin Hogan, Brett Hundley, and Chuckie Keeton are what I would describe as "windup" deliveries:

norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going with AJ McCarron for reasons already stated by others. Even if he goes absolutely bonkers this year, I could still see him getting the Matt Barkley treatment during the pre draft process.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if there was a prospect that was really nitpicked this past draft season. Gun to my head, I'm saying Geno Smith.

This year, I'm going with either Johnny Manziel or Jadeveon Clowney. Nitpicking to me is picking out the smallest weaknesses either A) because they're there or B) because the player gets so much attention.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be Clowney because he's been on everyone's radar for so long. A la Oher.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Kyle472
Rookie

Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kyle472 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It'll be Clowney because he's been on everyone's radar for so long. A la Oher.
There is no one who can overtake Clowney, so he can't be over nit picked to the point where a less talented player over takes him.
Kyle472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfreak314 View Post
A couple names come to mind. I don't think Manziel will declare after next season. It is going to be QB heavy draft so if he was wise he would wait to 2015 and make more money. Alabama QB Aj McCarron because he played on a talented team he reminds me of all the USC QB's who were also usually surrounded by talent as well. I don't think Clowney will be a target of this however because of his immense potential. Even if he was to get hurt or production drops he will still be the #1 overall pick.
Manziel is already talking like he's done after this year. It also doesn't matter how strong this years QB crop is because some team will trade up to the top of the draft to take him. Might as well start nit picking him.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Manziel is already talking like he's done after this year. It also doesn't matter how strong this years QB crop is because some team will trade up to the top of the draft to take him. Might as well start nit picking him.
Plus, almost every year we say "next year is a stronger QB class." By December, we'll be saying "Manziel should come out because 2015 is a better QB class." In 2015, we'll be hyping the 2016 QBs.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna say Marquise Lee. His stats are going to go down and I can see him turning in less-than-predicted measurables. I said in another thread I think he's a lot like Reggie Wayne (30th overall in his draft year), and since there are people talking like he's a top-5 pick next year, he's probably going to have the look of a player whose "stocked dropped" as he settles into his proper draft slot. His reputation is riding on his numbers and the visibility of his program. And his fans will inevitably call it "nit-picking."

Last edited by Caulibflower : 05-08-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:18 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
He didn't decide to go back to school. He was a true sophomore last year and wasn't allowed to declare.
Yes but there were a lot of people who were saying he should have sat this year out to keep himself healthy

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I'll never understand the "but he had good weapons!!" argument. It makes no sense, but apparently that was an issue with his game. He wanted to change his agent and it turns into a massive story about how he isn't responsible for his actions. He isn't happy when teams aren't picking him so he's immature and not a leader. Things like that which weren't happening to other prospects.

Robert Woods spoke out against USC after he left and so did Matt Barkley. If Geno Smith did that he would've been nit picked to death.
Correct. And then people here respond with "if there's smoke there's fire." If this guy indeed was the first QB taken, the criticism would have waned considerably because everyone wants to sound smart.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Windup? Huh? He holds the ball pretty close to his head during his delivery. Not sure what you're talking about.

Guys like Jimmy Clausen, Brock Osweiler, Kevin Hogan, Brett Hundley, and Chuckie Keeton are what I would describe as "windup" deliveries:
I overstated. He can snap off a quick delivery at times. When I first looked at him, it seemed like he was being too deliberate with his aiming, from cocking it to release, but that's the exception not the norm. I guess I was reaching for an explanation for all the sacks.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I overstated. He can snap off a quick delivery at times. When I first looked at him, it seemed like he was being too deliberate with his aiming, from cocking it to release, but that's the exception not the norm. I guess I was reaching for an explanation for all the sacks.
The way I see it, he's just very calm and composed during his delivery that he never rushes any of his throws.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have to go with QB, because of the nature of the position. And I'm going to go with Logan Thomas as this years' Landry Jones. He's in a position where even if he improves dramatically, the inertia of the existing group think on his skills is going to drown out any meaningful analysis of his game in the coming year.

Face it, we're pretty lazy as a species. There will be enough people who simply won't look at his tape in 2014 at all and still give amateur analysis based on his failings of 2011/12. And because he (rightly) isn't a top caliber QB prospect going into 2013 -- we really aren't very likely to look at this years' tape too hard.

But we'll voice our leftover opinions from 2012 all the same.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. Imagine if Logan Thomas has a HUGE bounce back season in 2013. In contention for the ACC title, player of the year in the conference, 3500+yard passing, 65% completions, 28+ TDs.

Thomas has the tools and the physical comparisons to Cam Newton aren't that far off, but it will be really hard for me to get the taste of the 2012 season out of my mouth for him.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
LOL. Imagine if Logan Thomas has a HUGE bounce back season in 2013. In contention for the ACC title, player of the year in the conference, 3500+yard passing, 65% completions, 28+ TDs.

Thomas has the tools and the physical comparisons to Cam Newton aren't that far off, but it will be really hard for me to get the taste of the 2012 season out of my mouth for him.
By no means writing off his bad play, but.... Marcus Davis was such a terrible disappointment in that offense as the supposed #1 WR and playmaker, I think it was a key contributor. Reminds me of the criticism layed on Tannehill on his 11' play trying to throw to Jeff Fuller.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.