Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
He's got serious mental illnesses, he needs to get help. We just need to hope and pray he can find the help he needs
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His mom didn't slap him hard enough for not sharing his toys as a child. It's HIS mustang, the Lions were HIS team, best WR in the league was HIS title, etc. He's too self-centered. He needs to be slapped and listen to what people say. He's already been cut from 2 NFL teams and ruined his dream.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronde Barber is going to retire. Let the HoF debate begin!

I say no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd say he deserves to get in. i think he will too
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would've liked Barber to stick around for one more year, but it doesn't surprise me he is retiring. I hope he gets into the HOF, great player who quietly just kept going and going.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Ronde Barber is going to retire. Let the HoF debate begin!

I say no.
I say Yes.

Not 1st ballot but HOF worthy.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tackles: 1,172
Quarterback sacks: 28.0
Pass deflections: 200
Interceptions: 47
Forced fumbles: 13
Touchdowns: 12

Those are some pretty damn good career numbers

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought he would play one more season. I don't think he gets into the Hall of Fame easily, if at all. There are other candidates that have gotten snuffed for years like Lester Hayes, Eric Allen, or Aeneas Williams who may have arguably been better players. I also don't think hands down Barber was even in the best corner on his team in his first few years with Donnie Abraham and Brian Kelly also doing pretty well on the same squad. And he hasn't really been a top corner for five or six years.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 05-08-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Tackles: 1,172
Quarterback sacks: 28.0
Pass deflections: 200
Interceptions: 47
Forced fumbles: 13
Touchdowns: 12

Those are some pretty damn good career numbers
PFR have him with 15 forced fumbles and 14 touchdowns. There are only 3 players in history to have scored more non-offensive TDs - Deion, Hester and Rod Woodson.

He was also an all-decade pick and a 5-time All Pro including 3 first-team selections. Barber should make the HOF but may have to wait a while. Aeneas is likely to be elected soon considering he's reached the final 10 on the ballot for each of the last two years. Ty Law will be eligible from 2015 and I'd put Barber's HOF chances as level with Law and behind Charles Woodson and Champ Bailey.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow to Reskins? Could it happen and then wins the job in that offense ?
Old 05-08-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
no

Ten characters

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Definitely! They'd better trade Cousins now. Might as well just release RGIII because he's injury-prone.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots, Panthers or Seahawks need to sign him and get it over with
Old 05-08-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
The Patriots, Panthers or Seahawks need to sign him and get it over with
Why would the Pats or Hawks sign him? They are trying to win a title, they don't need that media circus.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

The reason there was a media circus was because fans were throwing fits to start him on a poor struggling team. Nobody is going to say to start him over Tom Brady, Russell Wilson or Cam Newton and the media would lose interest in him quickly.

McDaniels drafted Tebow, and there'd be little to know pressure on him to produce this season. The Pats could use him in parts of the offense when they have a big lead, if they wish.

The Seahawks have little to nothing behind Wilson, if Wilson were to get hurt, Tebow could step in and put up some wins. They already have a power run game, so Tebow would be a natural fit.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The reason there was a media circus was because fans were throwing fits to start him on a poor struggling team. Nobody is going to say to start him over Tom Brady, Russell Wilson or Cam Newton and the media would lose interest in him quickly.

McDaniels drafted Tebow, and there'd be little to know pressure on him to produce this season. The Pats could use him in parts of the offense when they have a big lead, if they wish.

The Seahawks have little to nothing behind Wilson, if Wilson were to get hurt, Tebow could step in and put up some wins. They already have a power run game, so Tebow would be a natural fit.
Not worth wasting a roster spot for 3rd string gimmick

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
Not worth wasting a roster spot for 3rd string gimmick
Then don't put him on the active roster. You can still have him on the 53 man, then trade Mallett at the end of the year and if Tebow has shown anything bump him up to 2
Old 05-09-2013, 05:24 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then don't put him on the active roster. You can still have him on the 53 man, then trade Mallett at the end of the year and if Tebow has shown anything bump him up to 2
We have a timing passing offense based off of a choice route system. We have one of the most talented backup QB's and one of the deeper rosters in all of football. There pretty much isn't a worse situation in football for Tim Tebow. We're probably going to cut 10 players who can contribute more to us winning than Tebow.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:18 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm assuming your being serious here?

Why Tebow? If they want to do that with a QB, why not go and get a QB that can actually throw the football?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:27 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

To do what? Tebow literally has no place in this offense. If the Pats get a big lead then Mallett will be in to showcase his skills with the hope of trading him.

The position(s) that Tebow would play outside of QB are all well filled on the Pats roster.

Shard yardage back - Ridley and Bolden
FB/HB - Aaron Hernandez, Hoomanawanui
TE - Gronk, Hernandez, Ballard, Fells, Hoomanawanui

There is literally no position on this team where Tebow would even be the second best player and the Pats aren't going to start running the Wildcat or read option

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:41 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
To do what? Tebow literally has no place in this offense. If the Pats get a big lead then Mallett will be in to showcase his skills with the hope of trading him.

The position(s) that Tebow would play outside of QB are all well filled on the Pats roster.

Shard yardage back - Ridley and Bolden
FB/HB - Aaron Hernandez, Hoomanawanui
TE - Gronk, Hernandez, Ballard, Fells, Hoomanawanui

There is literally no position on this team where Tebow would even be the second best player and the Pats aren't going to start running the Wildcat or read option
Even if they did they have Julian Edelman who is faster and probably a better passer than Tebow to do that anyways.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:21 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Ok so take away the Pats if nobody likes that, I threw 3 teams out there.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

youre getting a little sensitive to the content in a mega thread with 18000 ******* posts dont you think?

Come down with that iron e-fist though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha yeah, IM the one whining...ive never seen you post something without bitching and whining about how you are right and everyone is wrong, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.

Last edited by K Train : 05-09-2013 at 11:45 AM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Girl fight! Everyone look and stare.

As far as the "Tebow to NE" championing.

Quote:
Patriots | Bill Belichick not a fan of Tim Tebow
Thu, 09 May 2013 07:17:00 -0700

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick "hates" free-agent QB Tim Tebow (Jets) as a player, according to a source. Another source was asked if Tebow had a chance to join the Patriots as a backup. "No chance. Plus they wouldn't like the circus that comes with it," the source said.
Not surprising given that BB is the anti-Christ and Tebow is the prodigal son returned.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote