Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-06-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Yeah, right now based on what we know, Marquise is firmly behind prospects like Jones and Green.
Nothing wrong with that. They're all special talents.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
No offense, but none of that is valid. Did you look at the date of those posts? This is before we had measurables on either.
I mean i know its not relavant directly, i just hate when people act like julio was such a widely loved slam dunk pro prospect.

Measurables arent everything

I do think Lee is studly though, but hes more like maclin/blackmon tier of a prospect than he is calvin/green/julio or even crabtree
Old 05-06-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I mean i know its not relavant directly, i just hate when people act like julio was such a widely loved slam dunk pro prospect.

I do think Lee is studly though, but hes more like maclin/blackmon tier of a prospect than he is calvin/green/julio or even crabtree
I think he will be higher than Crabs and Blackmon, but do have him below the others. Crabtree wasn't some type of specimen by any means. Very strong, and great after the catch similar to Marqise and I will take Marqise's numbers in his offense compared to Crabtree's in Leach's. They will measure in close, and I think Marqise will time faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee is special. I think if he stays healthy he has hall of fame potential. There are no real weaknesses in his game unless you nitpick. Great athlete, RECEIVER, and runner after the catch.
Simply Keak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee is special. I think if he stays healthy he has hall of fame potential. There are no real weaknesses in his game unless you nitpick. Great athlete, RECEIVER, and runner after the catch.
Simply Keak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post

But actually, he was if you go back to his freshman year. He was being compared to Calvin Johnson. The ONLY reason people got down on him and started to make up things like he wasn't fast and couldn't get open is because of the expectations he put forth his freshman year and his lack of production the last two. A you can see, the measurables were always there and those people were flat out wrong on their analysis. Remember, he was coming off a broken bone in his foot when he tore up the combine.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
socentre44
Rookie

socentre44 is a cocksman.socentre44 is a cocksman.socentre44 is a cocksman.socentre44 is a cocksman.socentre44 is a cocksman.

As a freshman Marqise Lee recorded a 25+ foot long jump with limited practice. That's elite athleticism folks. A 25 foot long jump equates to 10.5 100m speed. For comparison Marquise Goodwin's long jumped 27 feet and is a 10.3 100m runner.

Lee could probably compete for a spot in the Olympics if he dedicated his time to long jump.

While Lee is in the 6'0 range, he plays tall and I also wouldn't be surprised if he records a 40 inch vertical at the combine next year.

His main issues are 1) dropping easy balls , 2) allowing corners to jam him , and 3) occasionally ball security because he refuses to go down at times.
socentre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socentre44 View Post
As a freshman Marqise Lee recorded a 25+ foot long jump with limited practice. That's elite athleticism folks. A 25 foot long jump equates to 10.5 100m speed. For comparison Marquise Goodwin's long jumped 27 feet and is a 10.3 100m runner.

Lee could probably compete for a spot in the Olympics if he dedicated his time to long jump.

While Lee is in the 6'0 range, he plays tall and I also wouldn't be surprised if he records a 40 inch vertical at the combine next year.

His main issues are 1) dropping easy balls , 2) allowing corners to jam him , and 3) occasionally ball security because he refuses to go down at times.

Yeah one that always stuck out in my mind is the one that bounced off his facemask in the opener vs. Hawaii. Dude was running wide open and Barkley threw a perfect pass..... bounced right off his facemask. I'm sure he was embarrassed because he was having a really good game.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socentre44 View Post

Justin Hunter's long jump record is 30cm's further than Marqise Lee and he ran a 4.45. So Lee is slower than 4.45? That isn't elite speed.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Justin Hunter's long jump record is 30cm's further than Marqise Lee and he ran a 4.45. So Lee is slower than 4.45? That isn't elite speed.
Lee did that as a freshman...just saying.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Lee did that as a freshman...just saying.
Hunter still jumped 30cm's further than that when he was in HS.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-07-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Hunter still jumped 30cm's further than that when he was in HS.
Oh...didn't know that.

Quote:
Old 05-08-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Dacitykats
Rookie

Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.Dacitykats could make a wolverine purr.

i love the way this guy gets seperation, and waste no time getting in and out of breaks. i am not worried about his height much if he is a legit 6'0. the drops are just a concentration thing which can be worked on.
Dacitykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Future Ram.

Marqise Lee and Tavon Austin on the same field together?? Unstoppable.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Future Ram.

Marqise Lee and Tavon Austin on the same field together?? Unstoppable.
Not when Sam Bradford is throwing them the ball. And plus there are much better wide receiver duo's out there.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-08-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not when Sam Bradford is throwing them the ball. And plus there are much better wide receiver duo's out there.
LOL. It's just a hypothetical. I like Sam and just think he needs weapons and a solid Oline. Even he can't screw up Lee/Austin.

There may be better duos on paper, but I'd take Lee/Austin and be very happy about my team's future.

(This all assumes Tavon Austin is going to beast from his first snap as a rookie.)
Old 05-08-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL. It's just a hypothetical. I like Sam and just think he needs weapons and a solid Oline. Even he can't screw up Lee/Austin.

There may be better duos on paper, but I'd take Lee/Austin and be very happy about my team's future.

(This all assumes Tavon Austin is going to beast from his first snap as a rookie.)
Lol really? So after spending the #33 pick on Quick, trading up into the top 10 for Austin, signing Jared Cook to a mega deal, drafting Givens & Bailey in rounds 3 and 4, you think they still need to spend a top 10 pick on a WR next year? How does that make sense to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lol really? So after spending the #33 pick on Quick, trading up into the top 10 for Austin, signing Jared Cook to a mega deal, drafting Givens & Bailey in rounds 3 and 4, you think they still need to spend a top 10 pick on a WR next year? How does that make sense to you?
They tried this in Detroit, it didn't work :)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
At some point people need to realize Bradford is the problem. No QB has magically gone from below average to good because his team drafted a WR yet people keep expecting that to happen.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
At some point people need to realize Bradford is the problem. No QB has magically gone from below average to good because his team drafted a WR yet people keep expecting that to happen.
If anything its going to be that hes had an OC hes familiar with as opposed to the receivers...IMO.

Quote:
Old 05-08-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Excluding Austin, there isn't one WR on the Rams roster I'd want over Marqise Lee. Amendola was still their best wideout last season, Quick is like whatever and Givens maybe becomes a decent #2/#3.

You can win with average talent at wideout. You can win it all with elite talent at WR too.

The Rams still have two first rounders in 2014, I wouldn't be surprised if they target someone like Lee or Watkins.

It all depends on how that Rams WR unit plays in 2013.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
If anything its going to be that hes had an OC hes familiar with as opposed to the receivers...IMO.
Or maybe he hasn't played well because he isn't a very good NFL quarterback. He's going to be just not-crappy enough to get replaced but not good enough to take them anywhere. And this is coming from someone who LOVED Bradford coming out but at some point people need to stop making excuses for him.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Or maybe he hasn't played well because he isn't a very good NFL quarterback. He's going to be just not-crappy enough to get replaced but not good enough to take them anywhere. And this is coming from someone who LOVED Bradford coming out but at some point people need to stop making excuses for him.
Oh I'm not making excuses. More so just saying if he were to progress this year, thats more the reason I would see helping it.

Quote:
Old 05-09-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly. How familiar as Luck with his receivers? The one he actually knew, Fleener, hardly played.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 05-09-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Excluding Austin, there isn't one WR on the Rams roster I'd want over Marqise Lee. Amendola was still their best wideout last season, Quick is like whatever and Givens maybe becomes a decent #2/#3.

You can win with average talent at wideout. You can win it all with elite talent at WR too.

The Rams still have two first rounders in 2014, I wouldn't be surprised if they target someone like Lee or Watkins.

It all depends on how that Rams WR unit plays in 2013.
???? You think the problem solely is WRs??? What was Luck playing with outside of Wayne?

- Genius