Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-03-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McKinnie is a decent signing after not finding anything in the draft. He is just a year stop gap until we make a move next offseason.

I assume #52 should be retired right away. I dont think anyone wants to try to step into that jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I havent seen any numbers yet. I hope there isnt a lot of guarenteed money in year 2 though.

BTW rookie #s

First Round: S Matt Elam, No. 31
Second Round: LB Arthur Brown, No. 59
Third Round: DT Brandon Williams, No. 98
Fourth Round: OLB John Simon, No. 47
Fourth Round: FB Kyle Juszczyk, No. 40
Fifth Round: G/T Rick Wagner, No. 71
Sixth Round: DE Kapron Lewis-Moore, No. 67
Sixth Round: C Ryan Jensen, No. 77
Seventh Round: WR Aaron Mellette, No. 80
Seventh Round: CB Marc Anthony, No. 36

No surprise that no one will ever get to wear 52 or 20. Has anyone ever worn 75? I dont think so.
John Simon's probably waiting til his college number (54) comes free. I think the NFL allows LB's to have numbers in the 40's if all the 50's are full/retired. Not sure though.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
John Simon's probably waiting til his college number (54) comes free. I think the NFL allows LB's to have numbers in the 40's if all the 50's are full/retired. Not sure though.
I'm actually hoping he doesn't get #54 for the reason that I'm really would like to see Adrian Hamilton step up this year and make the 53.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm actually hoping he doesn't get #54 for the reason that I'm really would like to see Adrian Hamilton step up this year and make the 53.
It's going to be really tough for those back-end LBs to make the team in my opinion. A rough estimate of the current depth chart would be something like this:

RUSH: Suggs - Dumervil - Hamilton - McAdoo
WILL: A. Brown - McClellan - Adkins - Carr
MIKE: J. McClain - R. McClain - Bynes - Hall - Bryant
SAM: Upshaw - Simon - Copeland

That's 16 LBs. I'm pretty sure they keep roughly 10 every year. Some cuts that seem obvious right now are Copeland, Bryant, Carr, Adkins, McAdoo, and probably Hamilton. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Rolando and how Hall transitions to ILB. The last spot will be a special teams guy who will probably be inactive a lot anyways so I don't really care who makes it. I just wish they had another 3-down LB in case something happens to Brown.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Spagnola coming in as a defensive assistant does anyone think we will show more 43 looks then years past? I was just thinking Suggs Ngata whoever and Doom on the line with McCllelan/Rolando at SLB, McCLain at MLB and Brown at WLB can be a really good defense. Just as good as our 34 looks.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pees actually used quite a bit of 4-man lines when they were in pass-rushing situations last season. I don't think we see too many 4-3 base sets though. Brown would fit well but any other LB on the team would be out of position in that alignment. Suggs or Dumervil could play the pass-rushing SAM role but I don't think Pees would go with that look too much based on his track record in New England as well as Baltimore.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Pees actually used quite a bit of 4-man lines when they were in pass-rushing situations last season. I don't think we see too many 4-3 base sets though. Brown would fit well but any other LB on the team would be out of position in that alignment. Suggs or Dumervil could play the pass-rushing SAM role but I don't think Pees would go with that look too much based on his track record in New England as well as Baltimore.
I disagree Jameel McClain had his best game ever thanksgiving VS. 49ers when we had to go to an emergency 43 because of injuries. I think we could pull it off in some situations. It all depends on what Pees wants to do. Also if suggs has lost a step because of that injury he may not have the speed to play 43 standing up
Old 05-06-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I disagree Jameel McClain had his best game ever thanksgiving VS. 49ers when we had to go to an emergency 43 because of injuries. I think we could pull it off in some situations. It all depends on what Pees wants to do. Also if suggs has lost a step because of that injury he may not have the speed to play 43 standing up
I don't remember a whole lot about that game but I know McClellan was playing some ILB so they weren't going to a full-time 4-3 in that game. Jameel is what he is anyways, average at his very best. I think Suggs would likely be the RE (like he almost always is) if the Ravens go to a 4-3 look too I was just throwing it out there, but playing the pass-rushing 4-3 SAM LB role wouldn't be a whole lot different than the 3-4 RUSH LB role.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I remember McClellan the most of our linebackers in that game tbh. Our defense had a 'downhill' style of play in that game with a lot of pressure, which probably suited him well. Scheme aside, I think McClain would be a solid linebacker in either 3-4 or 4-3, but not much more.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I maybe getting the names McClain and McClellan confused. Regardless having a blitzing expert on our coaching staff will help us out. I am real excited for this defense next year.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McClellan is someone the team has been high on since his arrival. I'm not optimistic about Jameel McClain. I've never been a fan of his play, and I doubt a serious injury improves it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so we just waived murphy holloway :/
Old 05-07-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

That's not entirely surprising. He must not have shown any football skills whatsoever at the rookie minicamp.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

darnnn, there goes that tiny sliver of hope that he would one day become a Jimmy Graham clone :/
Old 05-07-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Murph...it was cool while it lasted.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random story/question for you guys.

fellow Raven fan at work asked me a while ago who would go on a Baltimore Ravens Mt. Rushmore. Also noticed PFT is doing something similar with every NFL team.

Obviously the first three names that came to my head were Ray, J.O, and Reed but who's the fourth?

Jamal Lewis? Joe Flacco? Billick or Harbaugh? Matt Stover? Boulware or Suggs?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ozzie IMO.

Speaking of all time results our all time team has to be savage for being around 17 years.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yep. I'd have to go with Newsome too.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

^^^^

what they said.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

A starting all-time 22 for the hell of it. This is for the production while they were a Raven.

QB-Flacco
RB-Jamal Lewis
FB-Vontae Leach
TE-Todd Heap
WR-Anquan Boldin
LT-John Ogden
LG-Ben Grubbs
C-Jason Brown
RG-Marshall Yanda
RT-Orlando Brown
WR-Michael Jackson

DE-Haloti Ngata
NT-Kelly Gregg
DE-Trevor Pryce
OLB-Terrell Suggs
MLB-Ray Lewis
MLB-Bart Scott
OLB-Peter Boulware
CB-Chris McCalister
FS-Rod Woodson
SS-Ed Reed
CB-Lardarius Webb

That team is pretty sick. Even though we have been around for only 17 years that team is probably better then some teams who have been around over twice as long.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:52 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ozzie IMO.

Speaking of all time results our all time team has to be savage for being around 17 years.
damn.... how in the world did I forget about Ozzie. Shame on me, lol.

Also, that's an impressive roster you put together, just show's how well the organization has drafted since 96.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...f-7f1baeac304c

The beginning part of that article says we might explore a trade for a WR, any idea's who is someone we might target?

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 05-09-2013 at 08:55 AM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

We just traded for Colt's center A.Q. Shipley for a conditional 2014 pick.

I remember the guys name coming out of the draft a while ago but don't remember much about him.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...f-7f1baeac304c

The beginning part of that article says we might explore a trade for a WR, any idea's who is someone we might target?
If you guys don't, who is your favorite to emerge? I loved Streeters tools coming out, Mellette is interesting, seems like there is a spot here for a guy to emerge. Not sure who could be out there to trade for. Benn was just traded for cheap recently. I wish we would trade Miles Austin for a 3rd to be honest but it won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Everyones pick here really is a shot in the dark. These guys have done absolutely nothing in the regular season. My pick is David Reed to fill in the slot WR role. Harbs has always loved the guy even when he fumbled twice against seattle. Always talked about as a real hard worker. Him being a real good gunner and the way he ran on KR leads me to believe he will be fine with contact over the middle. But it is really up for grabs. Doss got the most time out of the potential #3s and he did nothing at all so we will see.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Reading that article I say they said we are at about 2.7 million in cap space currently, with us getting 2.5 more million June 2nd after Pollard clears. That gives us a total of 5.2 millon in cap space. This is more reason for me to believe we cut Boldin for something more then cap room. We could have signed everyone and cut leach or restructured around to keep Boldin