Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just realized what you were zoning in on.

"I'm not being a homer - its just true" was towards Wade > Melo. Not my opinion on the Cuse Champ.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
For being washed up, Wade is pretty much easily better than Melo. What does that tell you?
That you're trying too hard.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

more importantly, I just watched MarShon's highlight reel for this season. the world needs more MarShon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PJ didn't feel that way.

And probably why he is no longer the coach.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-09-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it was mainly Aevry to start which messed with MarShon. PJ kept it going with Bogans and CJ watson, which was annoying. I wanna see some Tyshawn and MarShon next year. Spark plugs off the bench. Would give us some god damn energy which killed us in the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I think Watson can be a nice piece off the bench.

Tyshawn should be ready to go by next season.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-09-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwayne Wade is not better than Carmelo Anthony.

He can't even stay healthy. He'd be Tracy McGrady without LeBron James.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Dwayne Wade is not better than Carmelo Anthony.

He can't even stay healthy. He'd be Tracy McGrady without LeBron James.
Deep down, you know that is not true.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-09-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deep down I'm certain that Melo is better than Wade. Yes. The Melo hate here is ridiculous.

The man carries the Knicks. I honestly think most of the Melo hate here stems from my shenanigans, but it's all good. When he wins the title it's gonna be the greatest thing ever.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only one here who hates Melo is Brodeur. You just overrate the hell out of him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I don't overrate him. I said he was a top 5 player this year in the NBA. And I stand by that.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been a Melo hater since his Denver days. Melo ball doesn't win championships.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I don't hate Melo. I just don't think he is a MVP caliber player which means Top 5 player in the NBA.

He is what he is - prolific scorer. I don't think he is a winner.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-09-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't overrate him. I said he was a top 5 player this year in the NBA. And I stand by that.
Talent wise he is, I don't hate him as much as others. I just don't think he plays the type of game that wins championships. Since Westbrook went down Durant could have chucked up 100 shots a game too, yet somehow he's managed to run point forward(which he's rarely had to do as he's always been able to come off screens to the ball) and get everyone else involved.

With the type of attention these guys draw, you can open up the floor for so many other guys. That's why Derek Fisher and Kevin Martin are getting wide open 3's nearly every time, it just shows how special a player he is IMO.

Melo is a scorer, and one of the best at it. But that's where it stops. His defense is average(that's being generous), he doesn't pass, doesn't try to get teammates involved, he just scores and shoots, and all he knows how to do is shoot it more when that isn't working.

It's not like he is incapable of doing anything else, he just doesn't want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I don't hate Melo. I just don't think he is a MVP caliber player which means Top 5 player in the NBA.

He is what he is - prolific scorer. I don't think he is a winner.
This is how I feel about him.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-09-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That pretty much sums it up.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-09-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Talent wise he is, I don't hate him as much as others. I just don't think he plays the type of game that wins championships. Since Westbrook went down Durant could have chucked up 100 shots a game too, yet somehow he's managed to run point forward(which he's rarely had to do as he's always been able to come off screens to the ball) and get everyone else involved.

With the type of attention these guys draw, you can open up the floor for so many other guys. That's why Derek Fisher and Kevin Martin are getting wide open 3's nearly every time, it just shows how special a player he is IMO.

Melo is a scorer, and one of the best at it. But that's where it stops. His defense is average(that's being generous), he doesn't pass, doesn't try to get teammates involved, he just scores and shoots, and all he knows how to do is shoot it more when that isn't working.

Tons of great players aren't. That shouldn't take away from him being a great player. Lots of great players don't have the goods to win it all by themselves with no help.

Melo is not a great passer. He's a great scorer, and he's actually a very good defender when he wants to be. The whole Melo sucks at D thing is a myth. He plays very good defense in the playoffs. He's not LeBron James on D, but who is?

He's a very good defender. And he's a matchup nightmare. His problem is he's a ball stopper and he's not a great passer.

Well Kobe was a ball stopper and not a great passer either. The difference is Kobe cared about defense all the time unlike Melo and he was a competitor and leader 24/7, unlike Melo.

But a lot of criticism of Melo is unjustified. Think about this for a second, out of all the superstars remaining, minus Durant right now, who has a worse 2nd scoring option than Melo?

Who?

His 2nd scoring option is JR Smith. Think about that. No one ever gives Melo any slack for that, but when you take a step back and realize what he's working with, you realize just how valuable he is to us, and how good he is.

I mean come on. LeBron has Wade and Bosh. Durant has Westbrook. Tim Duncan has Tony Parker.

Who the hell does Melo have? Think about it. Yet he never gets any recognition for that. It's just lulz Melo is a chucker.

But who is he gonna pass to? Someone needs to answer that for me. Who do you want him passing to? JR gets his shots. Felton gets his shots. Who is Melo supposed to pass to?
Old 05-09-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Kobe can pass and he's proven it. Sonetimes he does it at the wrong times but Kobe can pass the ball no problem.

Trying to compare Melo to Kobe...the nerve!!

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-09-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Melo should try elevating the play of those around him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm not saying Melo is the player that Kobe is. But they share similar traits. Being a ball stopper isn't the end of the world.

A lot of great players in this league were ball stoppers. Not everyone is gonna be LeBron James. I think he's spoiled a lot of people. LeBron's game is once in a generation. Magic was the last person who played like him. That was 30 years ago.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Maybe Melo should try elevating the play of those around him.
He does. We're the best 3 point shooting team in NBA history. Melo's a big reason for that.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But a lot of criticism of Melo is unjustified. Think about this for a second, out of all the superstars remaining, minus Durant right now, who has a worse 2nd scoring option than Melo?

Who?

His 2nd scoring option is JR Smith. Think about that. No one ever gives Melo any slack for that, but when you take a step back and realize what he's working with, you realize just how valuable he is to us, and how good he is.

Why would you ask that question then say minus Durant? There are only 8 teams remaining anyway, so we want to cut it down to 6 since we aren't counting Durant and the Knicks don't count, so I don't think using 6 teams as an example really helps anything out.

I also don't see the point of saying minus Durant, you make it seem like passing to JR Smith is some sort of inconvenience when Durant is passing to Kevin Martin and Derek Fisher. He draws a ton of attention, with all the shooters they have he could do a much better job all around. For me, there is more then just scoring points. If you want to argue just being a pure scorer, sure I'd put him up there with the best. But overall player, no. You should even know that because even you have to say "when Melo feels like trying on defense", what superstar do you know that you would have to say that about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Y'all just jelly of melo's impending title.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Why would you ask that question then say minus Durant? There are only 8 teams remaining anyway, so we want to cut it down to 6 since we aren't counting Durant and the Knicks don't count, so I don't think using 6 teams as an example really helps anything out.

I also don't see the point of saying minus Durant, you make it seem like passing to JR Smith is some sort of inconvenience when Durant is passing to Kevin Martin and Derek Fisher. He draws a ton of attention, with all the shooters they have he could do a much better job all around. For me, there is more then just scoring points. If you want to argue just being a pure scorer, sure I'd put him up there with the best. But overall player, no. You should even know that because even you have to say "when Melo feels like trying on defense", what superstar do you know that you would have to say that about?
Durant had Westbrook all season. And while Durant is playing great, watch what he does without Westbrook. He's gonna lose to the Grizzlies this round.

So what does that tell you? It's not easy winning by yourself. Yet when Durant loses to the Grizzlies, not a soul will talk down about him, but when Melo eventually loses, it's going to be "Melo can't win the big one"

Never mind the fact that Melo doesn't have dog **** to work with. That's not important.

Even without Westbrook, Duran't supporting cast is better than Melos. Yet he's not gonna win without him. It's not easy winning by yourself. Yet everyone wants to ignore that when it comes to Melo.

It's complete ********.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

steph curry > melo

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote