Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 05-05-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Gordon is our #1. He's very young and still raw, but he showed flashes of it last year as the year went on, and I have no problem with he and Little as our outside guys. Both very young and kinda unproven still, but so talented and they got better and better last year. You shouldn't be worried about those two with Davone Bess at the slot and good backups in Nelson and Benjamin. Richardson should blossom in this offense as well. The only thing we're really missing offensively is a really good QB. Now you never know, Norv and Chud might turn Weeden in Derek Anderson of 2007 this year, it's certainly going to be a better year offensively.

It's hard to predict wins - the line between a 4 win season and a 9 or 10 win season is very thin. Remember all those 4th quarter chokes we had last year? There were 6 games we lost late that we could have just as easily won if not for a few plays. THat's how the NFL is, that's why some years teams like the Lions and Eagles have top 5 picks despite having so much talent while teams like the Colts or Vikings make the playoffs .
For all we know we'll stay healthy and win 7-9 games, or we could have bad luck again and not finish games that we are winning for 3 quarters. Either way we know we won't consistently win games and compete until we get great QB play.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems the guy in my sig, Duke Williams, may have been the target in the 4th. And after he came off the board they decided to trade out. Ah well.

I'm wondering if they might use Nelson as a TE in some situations. He's the kind of guy you want on the field and they struck out on getting a top talent there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In case you missed it.
Quote:
Black and Brown Blues
A visit inside — OK, near — the Cleveland war room on the occasion of the NFL draft
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...id=grantland33

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn’t Grantland’s biggest fan in the first place, but the whininess in that piece is hilarious. Klosterman is upset because the Browns didn’t give him unrestricted access to their war room or feed him a bunch of delicious details? Uh, duh? Talk about a chronic case of naivete. Ever seen a coach’s or general manager’s press conference, Chuck? These aren’t the most transparent personalities around. There’s not a team in the NFL that would (or, for that matter, should) trust a member of the media with inside information. Then, instead of realizing the foolishness of his expectations in hindsight, he decides to write a not-so-subtle, suggestive column about the organization’s blandness and ineptitude? Right. Keep on keepin’ on, Grantland. If the sports thing doesn’t work out, I’m sure breaking down the New York Times’ wedding section will.

Past the whininess, there’s still some interesting stuff buried in there. In terms of trading out of the first round altogether, I’d hazard the unnamed team was the Falcons. Given Thomas Dimitroff’s willingness to make big moves, and their aggressive pursuit to upgrade their defensive backfield, I’d guess Dee Milliner was their intended target. But that’s a tough blockbuster to complete. Leaves the Browns without a pick until the late second in 2013 and leaves the Falcons without a first-round pick until 2016.

As for the Rams trade, I think I would’ve dropped down. I don’t mind Mingo, but I would’ve been fine with a multitude of options in that range, too. Eifert, Warmack, Cooper, Fluker, Rhodes, etc. And it could’ve allowed the front office to be more flexible in subsequent rounds as well. Could’ve shopped the second-round pick for a first in 2014. Or, if possible, taken a higher-rated corner than McFadden there and traded our third for a future second. Or made both picks. The possibilities would’ve been numerous.

As for that Chud anecdote, as far as I can tell, it’s one of the Florida State linemen in all likelihood. The Seminoles had three linemen in first-round discussions and fit the SEC opponent part of the criteria with Florida. From what I remember, Watson stonewalled Florida’s rushers in pass protection and flashed his athleticism, but I didn’t watch more than a few of his YouTube cut-ups, so I’m not sure if it was his defining game. Same goes for Carradine. He made some splashes in that game, but I don’t know if it was his definitive performance, and he hurt his knee as well. I remember Werner terrorized Florida in that game, and finished with career-highs in sacks and tackles for loss, but I don’t see Chud being as impressed from a tools perspective.

As for Banner’s shot at a “clueless” draft pundit, I’m a little curious. The implied conviction and immediateness of it made me wonder if it was Daniel Jeremiah. Both were in Philadelphia together. Banner as president and Jeremiah as an area scout. But I don’t consider Jeremiah high-profile per se.