Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think Woodson has much left
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
True, but he's still got more than anything the Cowboys have.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he's pretty much running on empty.

it's just sad to see him be neglected like this. i'm sure there's at least one starting nfl safety he's better than.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
he's pretty much running on empty.

it's just sad to see him be neglected like this. i'm sure there's at least one starting nfl safety he's better than.
There's 2 in Dallas, so there's at least that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's too bad, always was a fan of him and hoped he could come back. Wish him luck in baseball
I actually think that's great news. I got a bad feeling when I heard he was trying to come back to football, after his leg was put through that, he should be focusing completely on baseball anyway. I can only imagine how devastating it would be to injure that leg again playing football, I am really happy he wants to go with baseball again.

Quote:
Old 05-09-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't tell me he doesn't have enough left in the tank to help out a team as a situational blitzing DB or pass coverage packages. He doesn't have to be the full time starter.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:28 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comeback to Oakland Chuck.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want to see Chuck go out on his own terms. He's been one of my favorite players ever since his Michigan days. I've just had so much fun watching him. He's brought me as much joy as any other player. "The Catch" in the Michigan vs. Michigan State game blows my mind every time I see it.

I vote for going back to Oakland. McKenzie knows how much he can help the young DBs in the film and weight rooms.

Last edited by WCH : 05-09-2013 at 11:56 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lavelle Hawkins has agreed to a deal with the Patriots. I wish him the best of luck and hope he does well in NE, but he produced very little in TEN so I wouldn't expect much
I thought he was going to be good in the NFL. I still remember him looking good at the Senior Bowl way back and wanting the 49ers to take a chance on him. He's only 26 though. Maybe he shows something in New England.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 05-10-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm surprised that Dallas isn't looking at any safeties.

If you're running the Cover 2 scheme, why on earth wouldn't you have any safeties on your roster worth a damn? That could be a disaster over there unless they shore up their safety situation.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

If you're running the Cover 2 scheme, why on earth wouldn't you have any safeties on your roster worth a damn? That could be a disaster over there unless they shore up their safety situation.
We overvalue our players and think everyone is the next Miles Austin or Jay Ratliff. According to Jerry we are in a great spot at Safety because Matt Johnson and Barry Church

I actually really like JJ Wilcox, but even if you used Woodson sparingly, his knowledge, approach to the game, awareness, and everything he brings to the table you can't even put a limit on how much he could help some of the younger players. He's obviously not going to be the fastest guy anywhere but if you can put him in a hybrid role where he plays some Safety, slot, in an attacking defense he's still got the ability to create turnovers and help some of the younger guys develop.

I wonder what his asking price is, I mean Roman Harper still has a job. I also got a chance to watch a rookie special that some of you may have seen that featured Jose Gumbs along with other guys like Dre Kirkpatrick, and it showed a cut up from practice where Harper was teaching him about his eyes, where to look, how to not look so confused because the QB picks up on it, placement, etc. These are things that young, raw players don't pick up on right away and having a veteran around if nothing more then just that is valuable.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell, Kerry Rhodes is still out there. Why on earth doesn't he have a job (other than the fact that he's Rudy Cool)?

Woodson still has a place in this league. Nickel back, 3rd safety in the box. I'm not sure how great of a veteran leader he would be bc of his personality, but he should be on a roster. Worth the vet minimum.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Worth the vet minimum.
But is he willing to take the minimum? That's the question. Most of these guys are pricing themesleves out of jobs and they're slowing realizing the market for their services is vastly different from pevious years. When Woodson first hit the market he wanted to go to a contender and he wanted certain amount of guaranteed money. Now he's backed down from his 'playing for a contender' stance because he understands his value isn't what he perceived. Not that he's a bad player or anything of the sort. But if I'm a GM, do I rent Woodson or Rhodes for a year or two, or would I rather draft a young guy I hand-picked for the position, at a modest salary, and groom him while I spend the money I would have on a vet elsewhere?
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Cardinals announced Friday that Dansby agreed to terms on a one-year contract. Dansby will help take snaps while Daryl Washington is suspended to start the year and could eventually wind up starting next to Washington.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...e-oneyear-deal

I like it, at the very least he will come in on 3rd down and play next to D-Wash later in the season and both can certainly play in 4-3 packages
Old 05-10-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It's a good signing. I'm interested to see if Arizona goes to a 4-3 alignment.

They can easily do it if they wanted to, but I love them as a 3-4. Losing Ray Horton was a blow, I loved him as a DC.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The NFC West is loaded on defense. My goodness. You can make a strong argument that 4 out of the top 10 defenses in the league will all reside in the NFC West.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling D-Wash's suspension might be extended a little.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nah his trial won't even begin until after the season, Dansby was most likely just a cheap 1 year signing like Cason, Rucker, Bell, Hoyer & Shaughnessy

If AZ doesn't sign too many guys next off-season we might get our 1st decent comp pick in ever.

btw ILB corp went from Washington, Lennon, Bradley, & Walker to Washington, Dansby, Minter, Brinkley, & Walker. Pretty significant upgrade

Last edited by fenikz : 05-10-2013 at 01:44 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The NFC West is loaded on defense. My goodness. You can make a strong argument that 4 out of the top 10 defenses in the league will all reside in the NFC West.
As it stands now they are just insane overall. They are all probable top 10 with 2 in the top 5.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I really want to see Chuck go out on his own terms. He's been one of my favorite players ever since his Michigan days. I've just had so much fun watching him. He's brought me as much joy as any other player. "The Catch" in the Michigan vs. Michigan State game blows my mind every time I see it.

I vote for going back to Oakland. McKenzie knows how much he can help the young DBs in the film and weight rooms.
I feel like his transition from a "talent only" guy to a guy who has matured into a hard worker can bring an added element to the growth of this Raiders team. I really want to see him return and ride off into the sunset in the silver and black.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:

NO! The Cowboys cannot have my Chuck!

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants sign Aaron Curry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Giants sign Aaron Curry
Get ready for a lot of unnecessary 15-yard penalties.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:51 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any candidates for surprise TC cuts this summer? Jets could use a good mini-draft.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titus Young was arrested for the third time in a week and charged with burglary, assaulting a police officer, and resisting arrest Friday night in San Clemente, CA.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote