Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-10-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, my girlfriend's favorite movie is A-Team.... So I'm trying to rectify this slowly. I made her watch my all time favorite movie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, last month. She hated it. Then I made her watch Magnolia. She thought it was pointless. Tonight it's In Bruges. You guys pray for me.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kill her if she doesnt love it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Alright, my girlfriend's favorite movie is A-Team.... So I'm trying to rectify this slowly. I made her watch my all time favorite movie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, last month. She hated it. Then I made her watch Magnolia. She thought it was pointless. Tonight it's In Bruges. You guys pray for me.
Get her to watch Boogie Nights. I find it more accessible than Magnolia but even still that is not a ******* pointless movie, ****, apparently A Team is not pointless. ****.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why is she your girlfriend?

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Why is she your girlfriend?
Yeah, date Wes. He's cute, he's nice.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Yeah, date Wes. He's cute, he's nice.
And committed to vidae. In a purely heterosexual way, of course.

Quote:
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You gotta ease into it instead of jumping in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
And committed to vidae. In a purely heterosexual way, of course.
Then I don't see the problem with my assertion that you can date Paul.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The A-Team is amazing up until the end, but yeah, if she doesn't love In Bruges, just snap her neck then and there.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Then I don't see the problem with my assertion that you can date Paul.
vidae is very needy. He also locks me up.

Just watched Burn After Reading. Fantastic.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2013, 04:36 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe you should stick with the genre, just pick a better movie.

Indiana Jones trilogy
Star Wars trilogy
RoboCop
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Predator
Blade
Batman trilogy
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Terminator 1 & 2
Back to the Future
Die Hard
The Matrix
Inception
Enter the Dragon
Rocky
Marvel Cinematic Universe

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 05-11-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Maybe you should stick with the genre, just pick a better movie.

Indiana Jones trilogy
Star Wars trilogy
RoboCop
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Predator
Blade
Batman trilogy
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Terminator 1 & 2
Back to the Future
Die Hard
The Matrix
Inception
Enter the Dragon
Rocky
Marvel Cinematic Universe
Are you ******* kidding me Ness? Not one of the movies you named is better than Magnolia or Eternal Sunshine.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Are you ******* kidding me Ness? Not one of the movies you named is better than Magnolia or Eternal Sunshine.
He wasn't saying they were. He was saying pick a movie in the same genre as the A-Team, just pick a better movie in that genre.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
He wasn't saying they were. He was saying pick a movie in the same genre as the A-Team, just pick a better movie in that genre.
Yup. Pretty simple concept.

Quote:
Wait, says who? You're telling me no one or only a select few on this planet would enjoy The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the King more than those films? Or find them better overall movies? Really?

Thanks for your opinion though.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 05-11-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Yup. Pretty simple concept.

Wait, says who? You're telling me no one or only a select few on this planet would enjoy The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the King more than those films? Or find them better overall movies? Really?

Thanks for your opinion though.
No I am just saying to state all those movies are better is incorrect. To you and others they may be but I am not the only one who thinks they aren't. I think the point of Paul getting his girlfriend to watch Magnolia and Eternal Sunshine was getting her to watch incredibly deep and lesser known films. You just named a bunch of popular movies. I am sure many more people like the movies you named than the ones Paul got her to watch but he is getting her to watch his favorite movies.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I just figured Paul was trying to expose her to some cinematic classics that he loves, not popular movies that most people have seen.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
No I am just saying to state all those movies are better is incorrect. To you and others they may be but I am not the only one who thinks they aren't. I think the point of Paul getting his girlfriend to watch Magnolia and Eternal Sunshine was getting her to watch incredibly deep and lesser known films. You just named a bunch of popular movies. I am sure many more people like the movies you named than the ones Paul got her to watch but he is getting her to watch his favorite movies.
Partner, people have different tastes. Apocalypse Now is a very well put together film, but it's not my cup of tea and I don't necessarily like watching that movie. I can understand why it's considered one of the best films of all time though.

I named a bunch of popular films in the action genre. They're popular because people (including myself) enjoyed them...obviously. Like I said earlier, perhaps Paul should stick with the same genre, but pick a better film. Maybe Paul doesn't like action movies though. I don't know. Regardless, me listing a bunch of action movies was never intended to imply that those films were factually better than Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and/or Magnolia.

I don't know where you got that impression when I pretty clearly made a suggestion to stick with the action genre, and then listed alternative films within that genre. I was basing all of this off a comparison to the A-Team. And just because a movie is popular doesn't mean it isn't well put together. Don't get it twisted, get it correct.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 05-11-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Partner, people have different tastes. Apocalypse Now is a very well put together film, but it's not my cup of tea and I don't necessarily like watching that movie. I can understand why it's considered one of the best films of all time though.

I named a bunch of popular films in the action genre. They're popular because people (including myself) enjoyed them...obviously. Like I said earlier, perhaps Paul should stick with the same genre, but pick a better film. Maybe Paul doesn't like action movies though. I don't know. Regardless, me listing a bunch of action movies was never intended to imply that those films were factually better than Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and/or Magnolia.

I don't know where you got that impression when I pretty clearly made a suggestion to stick with the action genre, and then listed alternative films within that genre. I was basing all of this off a comparison to the A-Team. And just because a movie is popular doesn't mean it isn't well put together. Don't get it twisted, get it correct.
I am not at all saying popular films are bad. I was just saying I think you are missing the point in regards to Paul getting his gf to watch Eternal Sunshine and Magnolia. I think he was just trying to expose her to his favorite movies (clearly he has good taste). Anyway, no use arguing, I misread your initial post.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did a little movie digging today. Not sure if any one has heard or cares. But it seems that the TMNT are getting a reboot movie. from what I gathered I'm not sure if it going to be all life action or not but looks like maybe half and half from the turtles/enemies might CGI . I hope not if its a reboot they all better live action with all the advancement in tech we have today.

Sources here

http://screenrant.com/michael-bay-te...-sandy-161492/

http://www.movieswithbutter.com/blog...509595?_r=true

from IBM:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1291150/

I didn't relaize it either but Micheal Bay is directing it , damn it he better not **** this one up . One of my favorite child hood heroes !
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He already ****** it up by making the turtles aliens.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, **** you. Robocop is the greatest movie ever.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robocop was pretty awesome!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm supposed to watch Brick today. My friend said she wouldn't talk to me until I do, although I've managed to get her to answer my texts for a week now despite that, but I really need to get some Bruce Campbell fix after talking about him in the TV thread. I'm thinking this guy:

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Brick is ******* awesome. Modern noir done right. Personally I like it better than Looper.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Dude, **** you. Robocop is the greatest movie ever.

Robocop is a masterpiece for sure.