Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-24-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's almost always a decent deal if you search Woot.com's Deals section.

Yesterday or today, I saw one selling for $30. I never use Gold, though so I didn't bother.

http://www.bestsellers365.net/xbox-3...ive-gold-card/
(not the same one I saw, the other one must have sold out and been taken down)
Old 04-24-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
What is the best method to purchase XBox Live subscriptions?
Usually I just wait for a deal to pop up on amazon. I have never spent more than $30 on a Gold subscription.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
luckily there isn't a single launch title worth **** for either console (announced thus far)... and i won't be tricked into buying yet another fable let down, whenever that comes out.
Yep. It's been a long time since I can remember a REALLY good launch of a console. Most have terrible launch titles. Not sure why companies do not realize it's all about the games at launch.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because initially it isnt about the titles at launch. Their system will sell out in the first few shipments no matter what. The original xbox has Halo, I think that may have been the last solid launch title. Well the Wii had zelda which was also pretty awesome. So I guess the Wii had the last awesome launch title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I usually consider a good launch to have multiple good titles. I mean, initially it will sell out but for it to sustain any momentum you need to have a bunch of good launch titles.

I still have nightmares about Madden 06 (I think it was) for the 360 launch. The most hilarious bad sports game I've ever played.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting back into Dark Souls now that I have some free time.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/20...stroke-trailer

Looks soooooo sick

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I feel like we need to consolidate the PS3/360 thread into a Gaming Discussion Thread with the start of the new consoles. Both threads have been pretty dead of late. I imagine that just is from the transition to next-gen though.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're pretty much the same machine, with the main deciding point being the DRM situation.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
**** you, the ps4>>>>>>whatever-the-xbox-is-called-this-time.
LIES!

I mean, I feel like we can be civil in one thread. I don't think we have many "fan boys" here. Honestly, consoles have become more and more the same over the years (outside of the Wii U and such, but we can all agree that's dumb) so to me it makes very little difference as to who you go with. I like the Xbox more just because I've had bad experiences with Sony stuff.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wii U is awesome! You ALL CAN SUCK MAH BAWLS!

Also only title I'm at all excited for is Final Fantasy on the PS4 nothing there for the new XBox

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Final Fantasy has turned into a terrible franchise.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Final Fantasy has turned into a terrible franchise.
They've release one/two games that weren't amazing and it's suddenly a terrible franchise?

Yeah, there should have been way more FF's in this hardware generation, but one or two games doesn't nix the other 14 or so that were very good-to-great.

And I actually liked XIII. It wasn't good for a FF title, but I enjoyed it anyway. Haven't played XIII-2, but have been told it's a massive improvement over some of the "issues" the previous title had going on.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They've release one/two games that weren't amazing and it's suddenly a terrible franchise?

Yeah, there should have been way more FF's in this hardware generation, but one or two games doesn't nix the other 14 or so that were very good-to-great.

And I actually liked XIII. It wasn't good for a FF title, but I enjoyed it anyway. Haven't played XIII-2, but have been told it's a massive improvement over some of the "issues" the previous title had going on.
Well, saying it has turned into a terrible franchise means that the most recent ones have all been terrible. That does not discount the 8-9 amazing ones they produced.

I should point out I'm a huge FF fan. Like big time. Which just makes it even more upsetting that it's gone down hill.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think 12 is rather under rated as is X-2 in many ways. XI was one that I didn't play and I never started XIII although I always wanted to.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-20-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

3-10 were great, XI is an MMO and XII is super underrated. One of the better games in the series. XIII is the controversial one and XIV was a bad MMO that is apparently now a very good MMO according to friends in the beta.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I thought XII was solid. XIII can suck it.

I won't play their MMOs though. Too terrible.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Final Fantasy needs to stay away from the MMO genre. Also they need to go back to the FF 1-4 world once in a while.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-20-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

12 was just so mediocre. There was just nothing special or memorable about it, which you could say about most of the other FF's. 13 was just so ******* terrible, ugh. The fact that they made two sequels and still are working on versus, which is the reason why they arent making KH3, pisses me off to no end.

Also, the Wii U is such a joke. I totally forget about its existence until I read an article about how some developer is bringing a Wii U exclusive to mulitplatform, or some developer is saying how much it sucks.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-20-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

If people didn't realize I was just joking about the Wii U. I've never touched it its just sad that Nintendo is going to eventually go the way of Sega. Its going to feel really dirty if I have to play Mario on a PS3.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-20-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The Wii U, as predicted, is a giant flop. It's Nintendo's Dreamcast (hopefully - Zelda & Metroid on PS4? *fap*). Also, Nintendo has no idea what the **** they're doing when it comes to marketing and social media. They're so horribly behind the curve, it's embarrassing for me, and I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the NES.

Half the games I buy these days are after I watch a Let's Play video of them. Nintendo has essentially banned Let's Play's for their games by stealing the revenue LPers get from putting up Nintendo LP's.

Nintendo may have single-handedly started the second video game market crash by releasing that dog **** console.

Last edited by nepg : 05-20-2013 at 10:40 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
If people didn't realize I was just joking about the Wii U. I've never touched it its just sad that Nintendo is going to eventually go the way of Sega. Its going to feel really dirty if I have to play Mario on a PS3.
Oh no, I just wanted to bash on it. I have waaaay too many nintendo fan boys on my FB who will never admit they do any wrong.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-20-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I actually like the Dreamcast, oddly enough.

Shenmue on it was so baller.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I loved my Dreamcast. Shenmue, PSO, and Powerstone were the ****. My sister still has it somewhere along with my Saturn, which I liked way more than my PSX. Sega just didn't have the third party support for those systems, and that's what ultimately killed them. Their console exclusives were amazing. Oh well, I can sell Shining Force III and Panzer Dragoon Saga and recoup the entirety of what I spent on those two systems.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dreamcast was waaaay, waaayyy ahead of its time.

Competing with N64, PS1. but then PS2 and Xbox was announced.

If they either launched much earlier or later with more backing could have made out big.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Dreamcast was a last-ditch effort. They rushed it out because they knew they couldn't go toe-to-toe with PS2. Same thing happened with the Wii U. They released it way ahead of the other two hoping to gain market share of consumers that were only going to buy one system.