Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-12-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
grushcow
Rookie

grushcow is a cocksman.grushcow is a cocksman.grushcow is a cocksman.grushcow is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
I completely agree. There are a hand full of guys that could emerge to be the top QB. It is going to come down to who has a good year and how well they perform at combines and pro days. I think Bridewater is the front runner at this point with Boyd behind him. There are a few guys that could be in that top 5 range if they decide to come out. I think David Fales could be the one surprise guy. The only big weakness I see with him is he doesnt have the arm for the deep ball. I hear people knock him for his arm strength but he makes all the intermediate throws with zip on them. I also like Aaron Murray a lot. He reminds me of drew brees. I actually think he will emerge as the top QB when its all said and done.
To me Teddy Bridgewater is an elite prospect. The rest of the guys are solid, guys like Murray, Boyd, McCarron, Fales and Morris (as far as seniors are concerned) and are either already in the first round conversation or have the potential to be come the end of next season. Right now my favorite senior is probably Murray as well, I'm not totally crazy about Boyd and even though I like Fales I don't see a 1st round qb from a measurable stand point, but he just has a great feel for the game. Morris is my darkhorse because I like what I've seen so far. Throw in potential underclassmen like Manziel, Mariota, Hundley and Bortles and you got nearly 10 solid prospects.
grushcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most important thing about Blake Bortles is this.
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
The most important thing about Blake Bortles is this.
Don't even have to click the link to assume you are talking about his big breasted girl friend. I actually saw her at a bar once. They didn't look to bad in person either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Don't even have to click the link to assume you are talking about his big breasted girl friend. I actually saw her at a bar once. They didn't look to bad in person either.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
He's not saying that he doesn't have talent but the reality of the game now is that there is a lot of stock put into level on competition when evaluating prospects. He may have talent and dominate but he won't be able to show that against the highest competition until the Senior Bowl and all star games because of the limitations of his conference. No fault of his own, really. He could become the best QB in the class, but he won't be rated first on any team big boards.
Eric Fisher shows that in the post season, the level of cvompetition can be overcome if you have the talent, but don't expect a lot hype about him just yet.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 5
1) Bridgewater
2) Mariota

Top 15
3) Manziel
4) Boyd

First Round
5) AJ McCarron

Second Round
6) David Fales
7) Logan Thomas

Third Round
8) Derek Carr

Fourth Round
9) Zach Mettenberger
10) Braxton Miller
Old 05-16-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmgrand View Post
Top 5
1) Bridgewater
2) Mariota

Top 15
3) Manziel
4) Boyd

First Round
5) AJ McCarron

Second Round
6) David Fales
7) Logan Thomas

Third Round
8) Derek Carr

Fourth Round
9) Zach Mettenberger
10) Braxton Miller
Miller won't come out if he's a 4th Rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the first analysis of the QB crop on NFL.com suggests it is a solid QB crop at least to start the season but notes that Manziel has a below average pro arm and won't be a high pick by the pros, just a great college QB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...atch-this-fall
Old 06-13-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Braxton Miller have a shot at being an NFL QB over the likes of Johnny Manziel?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-13-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Does Braxton Miller have a shot at being an NFL QB over the likes of Johnny Manziel?
Urban Meyer does not develop QBs for the next level. But I won't say Miller has no shot to be an NFL QB.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Urban Meyer does not develop QBs for the next level. But I won't say Miller has no shot to be an NFL QB.
I believe Miller will play well this season as he did last. No matter how well he plays, I don't think he will come out early because he will have so much to prove as not being a run first QB.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-13-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I believe Miller will play well this season as he did last. No matter how well he plays, I don't think he will come out early because he will have so much to prove as not being a run first QB.
Teams are going to be weary of Urban QBs for awhile after Smith and Tebow. Miller could succeed in the NFL but his predecessors taint his stock.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Teams are going to be weary of Urban QBs for awhile after Smith and Tebow. Miller could succeed in the NFL but his predecessors taint his stock.
1 thing about it, I'm taking Miller over Manziel in any draft.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-13-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I would agree with that.
MassNole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Watch out for Zach Mettenberger if he gets some confidence under Miles, he definitely has the potential to move up with a solid last season. Mind you, Miles tends to be a QB killer but you never know and Zach has a lot going for him.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Watch out for Zach Mettenberger if he gets some confidence under Miles, he definitely has the potential to move up with a solid last season. Mind you, Miles tends to be a QB killer but you never know and Zach has a lot going for him.
Zach played very well and had a breakout game against Alabama last year, but outside of that he had an underwhelming season. He has the skill set you want to see when projecting a quarterback to the NFL, but at this point he's more about the tools than what he's done on the field. I can't say that I'm overly optimistic this year is gonna be much different than last but he's a prospect I want to like.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Zach played very well and had a breakout game against Alabama last year, but outside of that he had an underwhelming season. He has the skill set you want to see when projecting a quarterback to the NFL, but at this point he's more about the tools than what he's done on the field. I can't say that I'm overly optimistic this year is gonna be much different than last but he's a prospect I want to like.
Yep. Mettenberger is one of the few very intriguing prospects at the QB positions. Has the skill set of an NFL Starter. However, it just seems like he lacks the poise, and seems indecisive back there. Not very comfortable outside the Alabama game.

He can improve a lot because the skill set is there. I know I'll watch his developmetn closely.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm curious why you would say this??
I understand not liking Manziel as a pro prospect, but how is Miller a better QB than Manziel??
Old 06-14-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I'm curious why you would say this??
I understand not liking Manziel as a pro prospect, but how is Miller a better QB than Manziel??
He appears to be a better dual-threat and on top of it he got Manziel by an inch or two.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger

Last edited by shylo3716 : 06-14-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Veteran

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey Pachall, biased or not is a very talented QB. He's hopefully fixed his off the field problems, enough for Coach P to bring him back and he's a pretty strict man.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
Casey Pachall, biased or not is a very talented QB. He's hopefully fixed his off the field problems, enough for Coach P to bring him back and he's a pretty strict man.
Pachall will have plenty to prove to NFL teams off the field and that'll be in addition to any questions they may have of his game on the field. Ryan Mallett and Tyler Bray are two terrific examples of players with plus skills when translating a QB to the NFL, but their character concerns help contribute to them being pushed down far more than many thought.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where Pachall goes will almost exclusively be determined by a team's evaluation of his character. Personally, I'm not sure that he's Tyler Bray, but he's not nearly as clean as Mallett was coming out; with guys like Bray and Pachall, the character issues are well-documented, whereas with Mallett it tended to be more of a rumor (although maybe teams had more definite knowledge than us.)
Old 06-17-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are the names who scouts have as the highest rated entering the year (there are 3 non FBS QBs being considered as draftable prospects as well)

A.J. McCarron Alabama
Tajh Boyd Clemson
Derek Carr Fresno State
Aaron Murray Georgia
Zach Mettenberger LSU
Stephen Morris Miami
Tyler Russell Mississippi State
Kain Colter Northwestern
Tom Savage Pittsburgh
David Fales San Jose State
Connor Shaw South Carolina
Casey Pachall TCU
Logan Thomas Virginia Tech
Keith Price Washington
JBScouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBScouting View Post
Here are the names who scouts have as the highest rated entering the year (there are 3 non FBS QBs being considered as draftable prospects as well)

A.J. McCarron Alabama
Tajh Boyd Clemson
Derek Carr Fresno State
Aaron Murray Georgia
Zach Mettenberger LSU
Stephen Morris Miami
Kain Colter Northwestern
Tom Savage Pittsburgh
Casey Pachall TCU
Keith Price Washington

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-18-2013, 06:32 AM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBScouting View Post

A.J. McCarron Alabama
Tajh Boyd Clemson
Derek Carr Fresno State
Aaron Murray Georgia
Zach Mettenberger LSU
Stephen Morris Miami
Kain Colter Northwestern
Tom Savage Pittsburgh
Casey Pachall TCU
Keith Price Washington
So Jeff Mathews is only considered draftable right now?

Also, who is the other non-FBS QB? I imagine one of the two is Kurt Hess. Just not sure who the other is.