Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-14-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFC East & AFC East Review Podcast

We're taping a new podcast on Tuesday, May 14 at 8:00pm EST.

This is the first of four review shows in which we are examining each and every selection for all of the teams. This episode will feature the NFC East and AFC East.

Draft Countdown Podcast
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/DraftCountdown

Note: You can stream the archive afterwards at the link above or download it on iTunes.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both shows are available to download on iTunes or to download / stream at Blog Talk Radio.

1 1/2+ hours discussing the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Bills, Dolphins, Patriots and Jets!

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Gavin Escobar is a back up that doesn't see time, then I agree it was a bad pick. But if they incorporate 2 TE sets as much as they are preaching right now, then calling Escobar a backup will be like calling Aaron Hernandez a backup. The label does his impact an injustice. The Cowboys have been trying to run 2 TE sets for a while. While a good blocker, Bennett could never put it all together as a receiver. The chances were definitely there for him, but he never capitalized on it. If Escobar can capitalize on his opportunities as a receiver then this pick finally allows the Cowboys to do what they've been wanting to. Garrett considers Belichick one of his idols so the reasoning behind this pick makes sense to me. Where there other players that they could've taken, like Safety? Sure. But going into the draft I predicted that this would be a heavy offensive draft for Garrett (because I honestly think his tail is on the line, and he's going to want to show everything he can do on offense).

Terence Williams looks like another backup player, but the Cowboys really like Austin in the slot. So if Williams can beat out Dwayne Harris, then his impact as a rookie might be more than spotty. Considering that Dallas had Tavon Austin and Cordarelle Patterson on their board in Round 1, I think they considered addressing it a NEED and not just a VALUE pick. ...with Dez and Miles missing games throughout the last few years, it really does blend NEED and VALUE together with this pick. My real gripe is that they passed on Keenan Allen who I think is a superior player.

JJ Wilcox was the Safety that they finally took and I know you and Shane thought the Cowboys should've taken one earlier in the draft who could start from Day 1. I won't argue with that. I also agree that Wilcox has a learning curve to catch up to before he'll be ready to put in games. The Safety position continues to be a thorn in Dallas' side. But this was the draft that everyone said the position was deep at and Dallas did appear to strategize around that.

BW Webb has been an OTA star so far and that has pushed Scandrick to be better as well. I loved the value and the pick and while the need was so so, the player seems to be a keeper!

Randle was another good value pick, imo. Shane said something that stuck out to me about the Cowboys picks being complete players. I never really thought about it that way, but I can see it. In Randle's case, the 2 things that completes a RB in addition to running of course is blocking and pass catching. Randle does both of those things very well. We'll just have to see if he can do his main thing that a RB must first do... run the ball well. That's where my questions lie right now.

Enjoyed listening to your review. Keep up the great work guys!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote