Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I'm really excited about watching our team this year. Does that mean they'll be the best team this year? No. But they have as good of a shot as anyone, I think.
Well if we get the Niners luck with injuries this year, I DO think we can be the best team this year.
Decimate them this year like we had to our defense, and BOTH of our 1st Rd OT's, and let's see how they flourish.
Take away their ProBowl safety, for his career, and see how they recover.

Injury luck, as always, is a big factor. We deserve some luck this year.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I just want to see them have a year where they are relatively healthy(at least top 10 in the league as far as health goes, is that too much to ask?)

You have the rookies who could make early impacts this year in Jones and Lacy/Franklin, then you have the 2nd year guys who you are hopin to see more development/growth from in McMillian, Datko, BJ Coleman, Dezman Moses. Perry is essentially still a rookie since he played only about 5 games last year
Old 05-14-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Football injuries are largely random occurrences, so the Packers should be relatively healthy this year. If they get bit by the injury bug again this season, it's time to change something (practice schedules, the S&C coach, something...).
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

more steroids
Old 05-14-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Perry is essentially still a rookie since he played only about 5 games last year
I feel like Perry has gotten some unfair criticism from some of the NFC North media. It isn't like anyone expected him to adjust to OLB as quickly as Clay and I thought he did some good things. I bet if his sack/strip of Luck was not overturned by penalty (bogus) there would be a much different recollection of his shortened rookie season. Unfortunately that was pretty much the last we saw of him at full strength. The next week against Houston he tweaked his knee then hurt his wrist vs Arizona.

I have high hopes for him in 2013.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Perry have another sack that was nullified by a penalty on another player? It seems like he did, but I could be mistaken.

If he had officially racked up three or four sacks in five games then he'd be everybody's darling. I still think he'll be the best pass rusher from last years draft (although Irvin looks pretty good).

Last edited by WCH : 05-14-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Football injuries are largely random occurrences, so the Packers should be relatively healthy this year. If they get bit by the injury bug again this season, it's time to change something (practice schedules, the S&C coach, something...).
Why should they be relatively healthy?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
What do you mean by this?
Law of averages I am sure.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Law of averages I am sure.
If so, that's completely incorrect.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Why should they be relatively healthy?
Well, it sounds like I'm guilty of a logical fallacy, but it's more a reference to the idea that if a team is injury prone almost every single year, then there's perhaps a deeper problem. You would expect a regression to the mean.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, it sounds like I'm guilty of a logical fallacy, but it's more a reference to the idea that if a team is injury prone almost every single year, then there's perhaps a deeper problem. You would expect a regression to the mean.
It depends on if you think the amount of injuries we've had is unsustainable and not indicative of one of those deeper problems. If it is worse luck than can be reasonably expected, then I would be inclined to agree with you that we'd be relatively healthy compared to last year, but it just appeared that you meant we'd be healthy relative to the rest of the league.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't Perry have another sack that was nullified by a penalty on another player? It seems like he did, but I could be mistaken.

If he had officially racked up three or four sacks in five games then he'd be everybody's darling. I still think he'll be the best pass rusher from last years draft (although Irvin looks pretty good).
Only seeing the unsportsmanlike he got for flexing after sacking Rivers (again bogus...see replacement refs). Also found this article that claims his wrist was initially injured Week 1 and that it wasn't determined that it required surgery until after the AZ game.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) ranked his Top 100 players in the NFL

Aaron Rodgers - #1
Clay Matthews - #18

No other Packers though...Cobb likely deserves a spot on the list

Old 05-14-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) ranked his Top 100 players in the NFL

Aaron Rodgers - #1
Clay Matthews - #18

No other Packers though...Cobb likely deserves a spot on the list
Haloti Ngata at #22.

I was wondering which Packer, if any, would be next on the list... was guessing either Sitton or Cobb. Nick Collins would have been top 50 if not eff'd over by the injury gods.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cobb probably deserves a spot, although welker is the only receiver on the list i'd say he was better than.

i thought casey hayward, but looking at the corners on the list, i don't think he's better than any of them.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Not really going out on a limb, but Cobb is another guy I'm expecting big things from this year. His made a jump from year 1 to year 2 and year 3 is traditionally when WRs really "get it".
Old 05-15-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

COBB
JORDY
JONES

That's a tremendous Trio, one that Darren Sharper just ranked as his BEST in the NFL (for a trio). His opponent picked Denver with the Decker & Thomas firm added to by Welker.

That being said, what's the early predictions here for our #4 & #5 WR?
Boykin & Ross as it was to finish last season?
Or will one of the 7th round picks beat one of them out, or one of the UFA's?

I really like Boykin.
And I loved Ross as a return man, once he caught the ball.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:10 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our receiving corps is definitely not the best in the NFL. Not that close either. Maybe not even top 5. With Jennings there's an argument, but not without him.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 05-16-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:21 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Our receiving corps is definitely not the best in the NFL. Not that close either. Maybe not even top 5. With Jennings there's an argument, but not without him.
The Packers have a Top 5 trio because there aren't too many "great" trios in the league. Denver is undoubtedly #1 though.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Packers have a Top 5 trio because there aren't too many "great" trios in the league. Denver is undoubtedly #1 though.
I'd go with the Falcons over the Broncos. Julio Jones and Roddy white are a lot better than Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.

If by trio you just mean whoever has the 3rd best receiver then yeah, but for example, i'd take Calvin Johnson and Nate Burelson/Broyles over what we have. How good Calvin is kind of outweighs the fact that our 3rd receiver is better than theirs.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 05-16-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I'd go with the Falcons over the Broncos. Julio Jones and Roddy white are a lot better than Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.

And if by trio you just mean whoever has the 3rd best receiver then yeah, but for example, i'd take Calvin Johnson and Nate Burelson/Broyles over what we have. How good Calvin is kind of outweighs the fact that our 3rd receiver is better than theirs.
I look at best trio as cumulative, but also if one of the players were to go down would the receiving corp still be good? In Denver's case, there's no doubt because they proved it last year. With the Packers they'd still have two receivers of starting caliber. Atlanta would be third on my list because even if they lost Jones or White, they'd still have one really good receiver. In the case of a team like Detroit, Arizona or any one team that relies heavily on one wide receiver, they have one elite talent but options two and three are nothing to get excited about.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I look at best trio as cumulative, but also if one of the players were to go down would the receiving corp still be good? In Denver's case, there's no doubt because they proved it last year. With the Packers they'd still have two receivers of starting caliber. Atlanta would be third on my list because even if they lost Jones or White, they'd still have one really good receiver. In the case of a team like Detroit, Arizona or any one team that relies heavily on one wide receiver, they have one elite talent but options two and three are nothing to get excited about.
Semantics.

I'd look at it like everyone is healthy and I need to pick the group I think will give me the best chance to win.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-16-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Semantics.

I'd look at it like everyone is healthy and I need to pick the group I think will give me the best chance to win.
So you would take Calvin/Burleson/Broyles over Nelson/Jones/Cobb? I wouldn't.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Same here... no way. Calvin is insanely good but that's it. One guy can't do it alone and the other 2 aren't special.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The difference between Calvin and any of those 3 is too big. With Rodgers throwing to them Burleson or Broyles could easily do what James Jones/Jordy Nelson did last season. Easily. Cobb is really the only thing in our favor, but he's no where near good enough to justify giving up Calvin.

RIP themaninblack