Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-17-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't think it's a referendum on our younger guys if we do have interest. Freeney is a proven veteran and we don't know what the other players are. They can just want a guarantee to know what they'll be getting from the DL.
You know I love reps. My problem with that is, I rather let the young guys get their reps in the preseason and regular season and find out what we have there then sign a 1 year deal to an aging vet DE who has no future with the team.

I think this is a year where we have to throw a lot of these young guys in the fire and find out what we have in them. Bc we could potentially have a ton of holes on defense, we need to find out if some of these guys can hack it.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When it comes down to it I think Freeney wants the Giants way more than we want him. I think they're content going in with JPP, Tuck, Kiwi, Tracy, Ojomo, Moore, Trattou.

I'm with you for sure. Give the young guys a shot and let's see what we have.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Freeney left the Chargers without a contract?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm very late with this, but what was the back story to Damix's font again?

Nobody ever explained it to me. I don't mind it, I'm just curious how it started.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I thought Freeney left the Chargers without a contract?
Yeah in my post after that I took the Chargers thing back. I misread something yesterday. He's still a FA.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-17-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That’s 2,857 pounds of defensive tackle taking up approximately 10 percent of the team’s roster, although those numbers are likely to be thinned out in the coming weeks and months.
Ha I love that quote from Ralph V.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can imagine the amount of food in the cafeteria consumed! That's a lot of 1sts, 2nds, and 3rds!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
When it comes down to it I think Freeney wants the Giants way more than we want him. I think they're content going in with JPP, Tuck, Kiwi, Tracy, Ojomo, Moore, Trattou.

I'm with you for sure. Give the young guys a shot and let's see what we have.
That's was his favorite team growing up. So to end your career with your favorite team would be special. However, we have enough DEs and aren't willing to break the bank for a veteran. So I am sure it bothers him more than us.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Behind the 2004 NFL Draft of Eli Manning - Ernie Accorsi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzFQR48eM8g
Old 05-19-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am looking forward to seeing how everyone goes at the OTAs

I am fairly happy with how the roster has shaped up.

It will be interesting to see who steps up
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

What day is the OTA start?
Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Goddamn Knicks </3
Old 05-20-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

They suck. Definition of a regular season team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

JR Smith cost us the ECF. And himself millions of dollars. Bc he's an idiot who decided it was more important to party with Rhianna than get ready for playoff games.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Stop making excuses. The Heat would have mopped them up anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-20-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's not the point. We should have played the Heat. There's no excuse for this team to lose to the Pacers. We were the better team and they blew it.

ECF was the goal, that's what they should have accomplished. They underachieved, there's no denying it.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo came up a little short when they needed him late as well. I thought he took some bad shots in game 6. But they still blew it despite Shumpert almost salvaging that game by himself.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The game changed when Melo got stuffed. That was the turning point we couldn't recover from.

I strongly disagreed with taking Copeland out of the game and bringing JR back for the final 5 minutes as well.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We wouldve won game 7 too. If we just held on we take it home and close it out. That's the frustrating part.

Oh well. Hopefully we have a good draft and we can bounce back next season. Hope and pray that Kidd retires so he can free some money up for us. Camby too.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The problem I see with the Knicks is where do they get the talent from? They're pretty much locked in with what they have it seems and they never have a high enough pick to get someone there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-20-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Copeland, JR, and potentially Pablo are off the books this offseason. If Kidd retires and/or Camby retires they come off the books. Martin is off the books too I believe.

I want Copeland back. Want Martin back. We need those 2. Would like Pablo back. I can live without JR. It's probably wishful thinking to hope Camby/Kidd retire. But man would that be great.

How many years does Stat have left on his contract? His final year of his contract makes him a very valuable trading chip.

We also have 2 draft picks this year. We can't expect starters out of those 2 picks, but if we can get 2 scrappy bench guys to fill out the rotation that would be huge.

We need a backup PG with speed, and a 6 8" plus defender who can play the 4 or 5, or the 4 and 3. Either way.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah but they probably don't have enough money for a good FA. Next year is Stat's last I believe.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-20-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Then this year is a throwaway year unless we get lucky with our draft picks. That's all you can hope for now, nail our draft picks, hope we get a Kenneth Faried later in the draft.

Bc after next year, Kidd, Camby, Stat, they all come off the books. We have a ton of bargaining chips to really rebuild this entire team around Melo the right way after next year.

But for next year, all we can do is hope we nail our draft picks, hope these guys can stay healthy and give it another shot.

And can Woodson please run pick n roll with Felton and Melo? Can we please make that a part of our offense? Why on earth are we not doing that?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the same reasons we all bitched about Woody, he is a god awful offensive coach, who's isoball is simply too inconsistent to get it done outside of the regular season and first round of the playoffs.

The worst about this is I was out drinking with the girl I'm visiting and her friends and I checked my phone for the last time at 89-88 us halfway through the 4th. Then the next morning after making my way home I check how the game ended and bam, we lost.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's why I want Jerry Sloan. Pick n Roll all day with shooters at the 3 point line. Our ball movement would improve so much.

Sloan coaches defense too. He's one of the few well rounded coaches on the market right now.