Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim McMahon was pretty averagish, but he was good enough that the Bears could have gone back-to-back in 85 and 86 with him. Rookie Doug Flutie was teh suck.

McMahon was never right after that...dirtiest play in NFL history and pretty much singlehandedly removed the stiffest competition the Giants would have faced in the playoffs.

Last edited by Monomach : 05-16-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kenny Easley would be in the HOF if he had played a few more seasons.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:53 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Carson Palmer also bounced back with arguably his greatest season the following year right after his playoff injury. A lot of people like to remember him immediately falling off the face of the Earth though when he got that hurt that day though. Weird.
He has struggled mightily with elbow injuries since that time too. That is a large part of his problem.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked Dominack Davis. Too bad he played for the Texans in it's first few years of infancy and had a knee issue.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Wodwo
Rookie

Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wodwo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
He wasn't going to be great or a hall of famer, but as far as guys who would've been good, I'm going to nominate Mr. Chaddeus T. Pennington.
This. So much this.

I don't actually put a ceiling on him if he's healthy. Before the injuries when he and Brady were starting to bust out, I though Pennington was going to be better. Dude was a baller... so sad.

Also, I didn't see if anyone mentioned it, but what about Antonio Gates? Aren't his legs or feet totally shot now and for the past few years? He kinda fell off the map.
Wodwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:17 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pennington was a damn good QB before and still was after. He could have been really good. Heck even after all those operations and with no arm strength left he still took Miami to the playoffs. One of the most accurate QBs. I get sad when people rip on him as the example of no arm strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:45 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a brutal, physical, violent game. But a beautiful game if played cleanly.
Clearly not all of these mentioned injuries came from dirty hits, actually only a few really.
But I am all for the NFL cracking down on dirty hits like the horse-collar, dives into knees, but has anyone significant been taking out from a helmet to helmet? Obviously Anquan was, but he bounced back.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:56 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob Gronkowski.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:00 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think Tyrone Prothro would have done in the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Rob Gronkowski.
Eh, I think that's slightly premature. Gronk has played in 43 regular season games in 3 years.

This latest injury is a freak injury which is being clusterfucked due to infection. He broke it on an random extra point play which sidelined him for 5 games. Then when he cane back he broke it in a different place. It sounds that doctors are optimistic this next surgery should hopefully be it.

He also hurt his ankle thanks to Bernard "Patriot Killer" Pollard. I'm pretty sure if you put a Pats jersey on a tank Pollard would find a way to wreck it.

Gronk's injuries aren't ideal but I wouldn't say he is injury prone or had his career derailed by injury. Hell if Gronk plays another 4 or 5 years at this level he is a lock for the Hall, he's basically been the best TE in the league from day one.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really liked Dominack Davis. Too bad he played for the Texans in it's first few years of infancy and had a knee issue.
I liked Davis too, but for the record, the year after he went down, the Texans plugged in Ron Dayne, who put up 4 YPC the next two season in Houston.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
I liked Davis too, but for the record, the year after he went down, the Texans plugged in Ron Dayne, who put up 4 YPC the next two season in Houston.
Muthafuckin Ron Dayne. The softest 250 RB you will ever find.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
I don't know about "greatness", but Fred Taylor is number 15 in career rushing yards despite only playing a full season twice.
I remember those old madden games where Fred Taylor was the awesomest RB you could get, but he'd get hurt for the season about half way through year one every time, with the only exception being when he'd get a career ending injury late in season 1. I'm glad he stuck around and accumulated big numbers cause he was AD special when he came out of Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Boselli should have had another 5 great years had he not had the injuries. Would have liked to have seen another former Trojan, Jason Sehorn, stick around longer.
And now I'm just sad. Jason Sehorn was always one of my favorite giants but **** me did he have the shittiest luck with injuries.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 05-17-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Muthafuckin Ron Dayne. The softest 250 RB you will ever find.
It amazes me that guys like him ever went where they did. Years later and the guys with concerns like him at the draft go in the 2nd or later now. Of course, this is partly due to the change in philosophy but still.

I remember hearing him rumors of Dayne playing over 270 @ Wisconsin. At his pro day he weighed in at a "slim" 259.

It just amazes me that he ever went where he did
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
It amazes me that guys like him ever went where they did. Years later and the guys with concerns like him at the draft go in the 2nd or later now. Of course, this is partly due to the change in philosophy but still.

I remember hearing him rumors of Dayne playing over 270 @ Wisconsin. At his pro day he weighed in at a "slim" 259.

Well he did really rape college football in a much more run heavy era. And despite being as soft as he was he still stuck around the NFL for long time. If the Wizard had just given him some balls he could've been a Jerome Bettis part deux, but with better hands.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-17-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Eh, I think that's slightly premature. Gronk has played in 43 regular season games in 3 years.

This latest injury is a freak injury which is being clusterfucked due to infection. He broke it on an random extra point play which sidelined him for 5 games. Then when he cane back he broke it in a different place. It sounds that doctors are optimistic this next surgery should hopefully be it.

He also hurt his ankle thanks to Bernard "Patriot Killer" Pollard. I'm pretty sure if you put a Pats jersey on a tank Pollard would find a way to wreck it.

Gronk's injuries aren't ideal but I wouldn't say he is injury prone or had his career derailed by injury. Hell if Gronk plays another 4 or 5 years at this level he is a lock for the Hall, he's basically been the best TE in the league from day one.
I'm glad I spoke so soon and confidentally about Gronk now that it looks like he will need back surgery on a disk issue, bearing in mind he dropped due to a spinal issue. Starting to think it may be a stretch to see Gronk on the field before November this year

Old 05-17-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I thought Ron Dayne was a little bit closer to 250# at his pro day?? Remember at that weight, he still ran in the 4.5 range.

Dayne should have been a pro bowl RB for the Giants, but I swear the guy ran in the NFL like he didn't want to get hit.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe not "greatness" but Austin Collie made a lot of ridiculous catches. If he just could have stayed un-concussed long enough, I think he could have been a very productive WR. Even with another QB besides Manning.

Oh and Bob Sanders was pretty good before injuries as well.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Carson Palmer also bounced back with arguably his greatest season the following year right after his playoff injury. A lot of people like to remember him immediately falling off the face of the Earth though when he got that hurt that day though. Weird.
His best year was very clearly the year that he got injured in the playoffs, '05. There is nothing arguable about that. His stats dropped every year after that.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I thought Ron Dayne was a little bit closer to 250# at his pro day?? Remember at that weight, he still ran in the 4.5 range.

Dayne should have been a pro bowl RB for the Giants, but I swear the guy ran in the NFL like he didn't want to get hit.
I'm not really sure, but according to my research he weighed 260 @ the combine and 259 at his pro day and didn't run at either.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sounds like Gronk's body is falling apart. He he doesn't get healthy again, he can headline this list.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm not really sure, but according to my research he weighed 260 @ the combine and 259 at his pro day and didn't run at either.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2000/workouts.html

From link; Wisconsin RB Ron Dayne weighing in at 250 ran an impressive 4.53 40 yard dash.

All the pro day 40 times listed match up with what I remember from 2000.

Dayne just didn't have the heart to be great IMO.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:

Gronk I believe is having his 4th surgery on his forearm, and is now scheduled for 'minor' back surgery this offseason.

I think his body is falling apart. We'll see how he shows this season.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:36 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
sounds like Gronk's body is falling apart. He he doesn't get healthy again, he can headline this list.
The high ankle sprain didn't bother me because anyone can get one of those and the arm was a freak accident which healed then he re-broke it, then it got infected.

However the back is the one place I didn't want to see get hurt because that was always the worry with Gronk. I don' know though, Schefter is reporting that it's minor and the healing time will be around the same as the arm so we'll see

Old 05-17-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The high ankle sprain didn't bother me because anyone can get one of those and the arm was a freak accident which healed then he re-broke it, then it got infected.

However the back is the one place I didn't want to see get hurt because that was always the worry with Gronk. I don' know though, Schefter is reporting that it's minor and the healing time will be around the same as the arm so we'll see
Yeah, I just remember when he was coming out the big concern everyone had with him was injuries, and specifically his back, so.... makes me go "uh oh."
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote