Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-15-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was trying to ignore this score and watch when I get home. But it just got ruined by an email I just got from the Chelsea megastore, already trying to sell Europa league champions gear. Haha.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually kinda like the lack of parity in european football because it creates a lot of villains to root against and makes me even more passionate about my union being so anti-corporate. I know it means we'll never be champions of germany, but it makes what we do accomplish so much more meaningful.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I actually kinda like the lack of parity in european football because it creates a lot of villains to root against and makes me even more passionate about my union being so anti-corporate. I know it means we'll never be champions of germany, but it makes what we do accomplish so much more meaningful.
More meaningful than accomplishing the same feat in a 'fair' league, but not more meaningful than actually winning something.

Take Wigan, for example. Because of the lack of parity, finishing 17th in the PL is more meaningful for them than the Cleveland Browns finishing 30th in the NFL, but it wouldn't be more meaningful than the Browns winning the Super Bowl.

Football is the only sport that I can really get into anymore. I've stopped watching soccer because of how boringly predictable it is and basketball is kind of in between both.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Balotelli is on twitter. The internet is now complete. @FinallyMario

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-17-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why I can't stand the Spanish teams. The maturity is equal to a mob of hormonal pre teens.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Madrid team has no class. I miss the Raul era more and more every day. Gtfo Mourinho and whoever else doesn't respect the crest.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pardew is 100% sure he's staying but i think i'd take mourinho.

anyone think he's going to man city next season? i haven't kept up with it, but it makes more sense for man city to want him over pellegrini. him being a better manager and all.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-17-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
pardew is 100% sure he's staying but i think i'd take mourinho.

anyone think he's going to man city next season? i haven't kept up with it, but it makes more sense for man city to want him over pellegrini. him being a better manager and all.
Chelsea is the most likely destination.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Chelsea is the most likely destination.
yeah i heard that and was like "whaaaaat?". isn't there bad blood? would be a GREAT move for chelsea (and the PL) but i thought they both had bigger ego's than that.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-17-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Abromovich loves winning and money talks.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They have a good relationship now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

So, supposedly Monaco has a deal to sign Falcao. Also pursuing Tevez and Moutinho. The ****?
Old 05-18-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So, supposedly Monaco has a deal to sign Falcao. Also pursuing Tevez and Moutinho. The ****?
Yeah, not too many clubs who can buy out Falcao's owners, especially with the clause Athletico have that raises the price to buy him out for Real. So he'll go to monaco and then get sold in the winter, thus the cheaper buyout clause for Real.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-18-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This has been out for a few days (well the Falcao stuff), but basically it has to do with him being owned by a third-party, which consequently jacked his price way up. Here's a pretty good and thorough read on the situation;

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comme...ove_to_monaco/

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, not too many clubs who can buy out Falcao's owners, especially with the clause Athletico have that raises the price to buy him out for Real. So he'll go to monaco and then get sold in the winter, thus the cheaper buyout clause for Real.
Everything is pointing to him not getting sold to Real in the winter though.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Everything is pointing to him not getting sold to Real in the winter though.
How so? Goes to a club where they won't have to pay the inflated fee to get him, a club where he won't be CL tied, what am i missing?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-18-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Madrid passed on him now, I don't think they'll make a move in the winter either. Both ways they are still left having to buy out the third-party, so his price is going to drop at best a little bit. He will still have very high wage demands.

Also, there was no "inflated fee" for Real Madrid to buy him. Falcao is majority owned by the third-party investment group, Atletico had no control over where he ended up.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-18-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
If Madrid passed on him now, I don't think they'll make a move in the winter either. Both ways they are still left having to buy out the third-party, so his price is going to drop at best a little bit. He will still have very high wage demands.

Also, there was no "inflated fee" for Real Madrid to buy him. Falcao is majority owned by the third-party investment group, Atletico had no control over where he ended up.
Isn't Rybolovlev buying out the third party owners to bring him to Monaco?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-18-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Isn't Rybolovlev buying out the third party owners to bring him to Monaco?
I'm not sure if they're being bought out or not, but Monaco isn't going to buy him for say 60M just to sell him for 45M in the winter. There is no reason to expect to see his price tag noticeably decrease in such a short amount of time. There's also the issue of his salary, because Monaco can maintain it far easier than any other club in Europe can.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-18-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

My impression was Monaco was getting him for around 50 and that that was were the Real buyout clause was. Which Monaco absolutely would do because having a half season of Falcao on their return to Ligue 1 will have them in the CL places come winter. At which point they'll be a much more appealing destination for other stars.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-18-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holger Badstuber has apparently re-torn his ACL.. tough break for him, but somehow I think Bayern will manage without him
Old 05-18-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Holger Badstuber has apparently re-torn his ACL.. tough break for him, but somehow I think Bayern will manage without him
They'll just buy Hummels for like $60M.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Suarez is the king, but Joey is also a great troll. His twitter is awesome.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#muppet

hilarious. I need to start using that.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that is ******* greatness, if it's real

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote