Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-17-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I like character diversity. A lot of these characters seem overlapping.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

House of Cards was a mediocre show and it really is that simple. The plot was ok, some of the characters were ok, the acting was ok, but nothing was amazing. It's an average show.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BUT VIDAE, THE CHARACTERS HAVE MULTIPLE LAYERS OF COMPLEXITY AND ARE SO DEEP!

/Gonzo
Old 05-17-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
BUT VIDAE, THE CHARACTERS HAVE MULTIPLE LAYERS OF COMPLEXITY AND ARE SO DEEP!

/Gonzo
I have differing opinions on a show. OMG! Let's all act like assholes and claim our opinion is more valid than other peoples!

I like the show for many other reasons than the fact that I think it's deep. I disagree with vidae about every single thing he said in his post. Let's be real here though, both your opinions are ****. ******* ****. Only I can be the judge of what is really good.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
What Russo did was not scummy though, he was just an addict. He did turn his life around but the same people that helped him chewed him up and spit him out when they were done with him. The charity chick did what she thought she had to for the greater good. I would not say what she did was scummy, she just stooped to the level of those around her. A big motif of the show is people doing bad things for in their mind the greater good.
Russo is scummy. Outside of being a drug addict, selling out his district was super scummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Gonzo, Russo was a skeezball for sure. Not that that's a problem, I loved Spacey's character and he's absolutely arrogant scum. But Russo be skeezin for sure.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
really wish i'd started up on west wing sooner.
I've been tryin to tell ya dawg! I've been tryin to tell ya!

Old 05-17-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

It's a very good show. I love me some West Wing.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorkin sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should have listened to Vidae and I, the last I don't know, 4 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who hasn't watched all of the West Wing is just wrong.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And yet none of you people have seen The Shield other than Gonzo on this page. Shows how little you know.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-17-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen The Shield and it was great.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:37 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Should have listened to Vidae and I, the last I don't know, 4 years.
GF and I are pretty much always right. Brodeur is always wrong.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
GF and I are pretty much always right. Brodeur is always wrong.
**** Ya TRUTH
Old 05-18-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

The Shield wrecks The West Wing in so many ways.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-18-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Shield wrecks The West Wing in so many ways.
I haven't even seen the entire series of The Shield and I know you're wrong.

Thanks for playing.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh Doctor Who, you complete me

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So to change gears a bit, I've been slowly watching Dr. Who. I just finished season 4, aka no more David Tennant. I've watched a few clips of Matt Smith and I'm really meh on him as the Doctor.

For those who have watched, what should I expect the next couple seasons?
I just caught up with DW recently. I was on S6.

Moffatt with Smith/Amy Pond is pretty up and down for me. I am also pretty meh on River Song too.

You do get a few Neil Gaiman scripted episodes though. The Doctor's wife is one of the better episodes of the reboot.

Smith definitely channels the goofiness of doctors in general. However the suaveness and sexual tension with the female companions seems way too forced. And that seems to come up a ton, or at least more than in the past.

Rory is pretty good as the secondary companion, coming on as Amy's bf. Definitely like him better than Rose's significant other.

For the new companion, they continued with the trend of attractive 20-ish girls sans Donna Noble/Catherine Tate. I have heard people are pretty mum on Clara. No disrespect to Rose/Amy, but she is by far the most attractive companion. Except now the sexual tension/flirting is even unbelievable, especially it is basically her and the doctor.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doc

tor

WHO?!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was devastated at the end of Season 4 and the post-4 specials. I liked Eccleston, but Tennant is the reason I fell in love with the show. So it took me a bit to adjust to Smith. But at this point, I like Smith just as much as I did Tennant. Was just talking to DG about it, and if you asked me to pick between the two, I have no idea what I'd do.

As far as companions go, I think Amy and Rory are just behind Rose for me, while Clara might be my favorite overall. I love her delivery of everything, just all around awesome. Clara -> Rose -> Amy/Rory -> Donna -> Martha for me.

Also, I enjoy the writing a lot more w/ Smith as The Doctor. Moffat can overcomplicate things sometimes, but I prefer his dialogue, and much prefer his way of building up storylines. Moffat is the guy who penned "The Empty Child" (Gasmasks + Are you my mummy?!), "Blink" (Weeping angels), and "Silence in the Library" (River Song + Vashta Nerada) in seasons 1-4, if you want an idea of what's to come.

So yea, long story short, I love seasons 5-7. Really fun, and have some of my fav eps in the series (Vincent and the Doctor, The Doctor's Wife, etc)

Old 05-18-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
oh Doctor Who, you complete me
This is my next Netflix show to get through. I am excited for it.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched Waters of Mars and its probably one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes through 4 seasons. Absolutely brilliant.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I just watched Waters of Mars and its probably one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes through 4 seasons. Absolutely brilliant.
I love that one too.

"The Doctor... doctor... fun."

Old 05-18-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm working my way through s3 right now. I've been so gorram busy lately or I'd probably be caught up by now.