Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-18-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yessssss Doctor Who is taking over, as it should. It's not the BEST show, but its certainly my favorite show.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched a marathon of Bar Rescue. It is a really addicting show. I use to be a bartender myself and the show is structured in a way that it has changed everything from a nightclub to a dive bar. While the yelling is a bit of theater it is still an entertaining show.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I watched a marathon of Bar Rescue. It is a really addicting show. I use to be a bartender myself and the show is structured in a way that it has changed everything from a nightclub to a dive bar. While the yelling is a bit of theater it is still an entertaining show.
They have also fixed a comedy club and karaoke bar. Jon Taffer is the truth. Sometimes he needs to yell and break these people down to get through to them and their giant egos. The bar/restaurant business is crazy. I challenge anyone to watch the pirate or headhunter bar episodes and not be entertained.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Yessssss Doctor Who is taking over, as it should. It's not the BEST show, but its certainly my favorite show.
It's easily one of my favorite shows. Some episodes are really boring, but overall it's great and Tennant really made the show, he was absolutely fantastic and perfect.

One thing is that at the start, I really hated both Eccleston season one and Catherine Tate season 4. By the end, I really enjoyed both and was sad to see them go.

Also, has anyone watched Torchwood? I like Captain Jack but not sure if as a lead. Is it worth watching?

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 05-18-2013 at 07:37 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More of you people need to watch Garth Merenghi's Darkplace. It is on youtube, only six episodes, and it is one of the funniest shows of all time.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
It's easily one of my favorite shows. Some episodes are really boring, but overall it's great and Tennant really made the show, he was absolutely fantastic and perfect.

One thing is that at the start, I really hated both Eccleston season one and Catherine Tate season 4. By the end, I really enjoyed both and was sad to see them go.

Also, has anyone watched Torchwood? I like Captain Jack but not sure if as a lead. Is it worth watching?
I'm not at s4 yet, but I HATE Catherine Tate, and I hated the Christmas special with her in it. And how can you hate Eccleston? I thought he was brilliant.

edit: Oh I re-read what you said. Nevermind!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:48 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I watched Torchwood. Actually, I watched it in chronological order with Who. It doesn't really matter since there are only a few small references, but still. Season 1 is pretty terrible, but seasons 2-4 are decent to good. Captain Jack is sort of a co-lead with Gwen, not the 100% main character like The Doctor is in Who. It's no where near as good as Who, and doesn't really tie in all that much, but seasons 2-4 are watchable.

Season 2 has an extended Martha Jones cameo, while 3 and 4 are basically miniseries' with one focused plot, and are both pretty good. I'd give it a slight recommendation, especially the last 2 seasons. Actually, both seasons are so singular in their stories that you could watch them without watching seasons 1-2. But yea, slight recommendation, but not over seasons 5-7 of Who.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, I plan on finishing seasons 5-7 before starting anything new.

AndGonzo, I just made it 5 mins with that show and had to stop. I just couldn't do it.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
They have also fixed a comedy club and karaoke bar. Jon Taffer is the truth. Sometimes he needs to yell and break these people down to get through to them and their giant egos. The bar/restaurant business is crazy. I challenge anyone to watch the pirate or headhunter bar episodes and not be entertained.
I saw both of those episodes Headhunters was just gross and that guy was a total tool. But yes I was rather entertained .

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Ya, I plan on finishing seasons 5-7 before starting anything new.

AndGonzo, I just made it 5 mins with that show and had to stop. I just couldn't do it.
First episode is about him fixing a place attached to a strip club that features he same interior design as the strip club and the laziest manager ever. You must have watched one of the slower episodes but even then I find each one great in it's own way. Taffer actually cares and he really does try to help these people. Many are just so incredibly delusional or downright scuzzy.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in the middle of season 2 of Fringe but I'm starting the shield tonight.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I'm in the middle of season 2 of Fringe but I'm starting the shield tonight.
Is The Shield on Netflix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
No idea. I download all my shows.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
It isn't, but it's on Amazon Prime if you have that.

I'm working on Doctor Who but I stopped to re-watch the pilot of The Shield and I was massively underwhelmed again. I'll give it another shot after I'm caught up on Who.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It isn't, but it's on Amazon Prime if you have that.

I'm working on Doctor Who but I stopped to re-watch the pilot of The Shield and I was massively underwhelmed again. I'll give it another shot after I'm caught up on Who.
I thought you said the pilot of the shield was one of the best ever?
Old 05-18-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I think that was probably Brody.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is, it ends on a really interesting notes and completely turns the show on itself. It's not as good as some of the season 5-7 episodes, but then again I prefer actual compelling characters so I win against vidae here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

That was supposed to be an interesting note? Who didn't see the end of the pilot coming a mile away? There was nothing interesting about it at all. And please, based on the pilot, tell me what character constitutes "compelling" anyway?

Old 05-18-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vidae should be watching justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was supposed to be an interesting note? Who didn't see the end of the pilot coming a mile away? There was nothing interesting about it at all. And please, based on the pilot, tell me what character constitutes "compelling" anyway?
Oh yeah, because everybody totally expected the main character of the show

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-18-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Oh yeah, because everybody totally expected the main character of the show

Old 05-18-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-18-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Old 05-18-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Wait vidae is NOT watching Justified?????
Old 05-18-2013, 09:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Wait vidae is NOT watching Justified?????
Justified is also on Amazon Prime and I might watch that before The Shield when I'm done with Doctor Who. I can't tell you why I'm not watching Justified as I'm a HUGE Olyphant fan, but I'll get around to it shortly friends.