Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-20-2013, 02:15 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This seems somewhat relevant:

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/co..._most_obvious/

Yeah...I've missed a couple of these.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:25 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh haven't we all...haven't we all...
Old 05-20-2013, 09:35 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
This seems somewhat relevant:

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/co..._most_obvious/

Yeah...I've missed a couple of these.
I had missed a couple of these, but at the same time, I tried to act on some of those missed signs when they happened to me and got rejected.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
thanks guys, well i just kept doing what I was doing. I dedicated myself to not being lazy and cleaned my house, cleaned up my grandpas, and worked as well as shored up some stuff at school. I made it clean that this girl was important to me despite my mom being nasty about it and sure enough she finally allowed the girl to come. Things are looking up.
With anyone in your life, it is all about setting appropriate expectations and then staying consistent. This is especially true with folks who thrive on drama and chaos. You cannot control the drama, but you can control how you react to it. You need to stay above it. Showing your parents that you are listening and being responsible is nice. At the same time, you need to set and maintain your own boundaries.

Stay consistent and pay attention to people's needs and wants, and you should have success interpersonally. Even if it doesn't work out with this chick, you will have a healthier relationship with your family.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
I had missed a couple of these, but at the same time, I tried to act on some of those missed signs when they happened to me and got rejected.
ahha you were than considered a creep or rapist?

"i want you inside me"

"okay *starts taking clothes off"

"OMG i was joking, ewww a)you are like a brother, b)we are bestfriends I don't see you that way, b)where you going to rape me?"
Old 05-20-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One time this girl really wanted me to walk her home after we had been out drinking. It was the complete opposite way of my place and she kept on insisting, so I was like, "Oh ok, she's probably into me."

Turns out that was not the case. Now whenever a girl asks me to walk her home, I tell them, "I only do that if there is a blowjob for me from it." That strategy has actually done well for me.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, some chicks will send you the signals because they want the attention, but in reality they've friend zoned you.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Yeah, some chicks will send you the signals because they want the attention, but in reality they've friend zoned you.
Friend Zone attention is worthless attention.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course there's gunna be girls that like you as a person who aren't attracted to you, but the friendzone is such overplayed crap, a girl isn't gunna stop being attracted to you if that attraction is there just because you didn't make a move and became friends with her.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Of course there's gunna be girls that like you as a person who aren't attracted to you, but the friendzone is such overplayed crap, a girl isn't gunna stop being attracted to you if that attraction is there just because you didn't make a move and became friends with her.
This is 100% true. My fiance and I were friends (aka I was in the "friend zone") for a while, and then there just became a point where we were both attracted to each other to the point of more than "just friends".

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 05-20-2013 at 02:25 PM.
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I have a few good friends that are girls, that are attractive, but I never found them attractive because they weren't my type or whatever. So having friends that are girls is normal.

Friend Zone applies to liking a girl that you are good friends with but that girl will never like you the same way. So the friend zone is very real, and that attention is worthless for that guy if he has feelings for her.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 05-20-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Friend zone needs to be renamed to the manipulative **** and/or douche bro zone. Because it's either the girl taking advantage of a guy with no balls or a douche notting getting laid when he was nice to a girl.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That happens, but guys trap themselves in the friendzone way too much by assuming they're in the friendzone and so not having any mojo if they ever do make a move. Of course there's some girls you'll like who won't like you back, and sometimes they'll be friends of yours, but people in this country make way too big a deal out of the friendzone.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-20-2013, 02:23 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Friendzone does not = a girl and guy being friends.

Let's just make that clear.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-20-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

It's when there's unreciprocated romantic feelings between friends. But a lot of guys turn the girl off and ensure that their feelings aren't reciprocated because they get into their own heads with this friendzone crap. That make what I'm getting at any clearer?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-20-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Crystal. Rosebud. Crystal clear.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 05-20-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think i've been friendzoned before. Well kind of.

:(

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was friend zoned once so I decided to hook up with her friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
dammit. this is what i should've done.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
dammit. this is what i should've done.
It's a win-win situation. She might get jealous and change her feelings. If not, you still get some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every guy ends up in the friend zone at least once. Look back through this thread. You will see DOZENS of examples. Guys of a certain age don't have the balls to ask out women or make their intentions clear. Instead, they are passive aggressive. Women don't want passive men. They want men of action.

I think many guys go through the phase of messing up their interactions with women. They lament over that one girl (or girls). Eventually, they either wise up or they don't. I am a big proponent of advising people to be more direct in all of their interactions. However, people also have to make their own decisions and mistakes. Certain things are destined to happen. In the end, no one is going to change or not do something they want until they decide to make that shift.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-20-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Also, the main benefit of having straight female friends is that they have straight female friends and can recommend you. Instead of pining over a girl who doesn't overtly want you, work with her to find yourself a lady friend. There are several positives:

1. You have a stream of potential poon out there.
2. She could get jealous and decide to take you for herself.
3. You are getting something out of the friendship instead of feeling used.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not only do her straight female friends represent a steady stream of prospects, but if you go out someplace then an attractive woman is the best wingman you could ever have. My college roommate was a female, and everything became so simple once I figured out that I could just tell her "I like that one. Go put in a word for me."

Last edited by WCH : 05-20-2013 at 05:06 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If you have a girl who can do that, definitely do that. I had almost the same thing. One of my best friends and roommates is a *** man. He attracted a flock of hot chicks to him. I went with him and several female friends to the *** club, and I went home with chicks 100% of the time. You are literally shooting fish in a barrel.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
i had a similar situation, except i hooked up with her sister for awhile. then she got jealous i was ******* her sister and i ended up hooking up with her. so i got to bang 2 sisters and ended up with the one i wanted too. made for real interesting outings with her family.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote