Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
no plan for success should ever include jason kidd or amar'e at this point
Yeah, but if they are at least gonna try, they gotta figure something out. They are locked up for 2 more seasons. ...and combined, nearly half the NBA salary cap lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not gonna lie, I came in here to gloat at BBD, but i read the last two pages and saw a human being there and not just a homer knicks fan. Now im feeling slightly ashamed.

Regardless, I cant wait to see if the Bulls do anything! Should be another interesting off-season!

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I am pretty sure the Knicks cant trade their 1st round pick since they don't have one next year.
Looks like you're right. Ironically, your pick next year could end up being Orlando's. Denver owes their less favorable pick next year (between theirs and NY's) to ORL from the Dwight Howard trade.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Get ready Lakers... The Dwightmare Summer 2.0 is about to happen.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/fo...33&feedID=3799

Report says Dwight is interested in joining Houston.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harden, Dwight, Parsons? That's a pretty damn good three players. Throw in really good role players like Asik and Lin. Plus they have like 3-4 high upside like Thomas Robinson.

That could be your new favorite in the West and a challenger to the Heat.

Better yet, get Paul on the Rockets.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
No questions from me there. Kidd is beyond atrocious. Hated that signing. Dude better never see a minute again for us. Amar'e...we're pretty much stuck with. Hopefully he can stay healthy (as if that would ever happen) and he can be our new sixth man off the bench that provides scoring.
Kidd was one of your better players in the regular season, but sure let's ignore that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its in Dwight's best interest to get out of LA. The pressure and bright lights don't do good things for him. Then again, he had it all in a smaller market in ORL and decided to ***** and moan his way to LA or Brooklyn.

That being said, Dwight PnR with Lin/Harden would be niceee.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Kidd was one of your better players in the regular season, but sure let's ignore that.
Disagree whole heatedly. I mean, if he was then that just says a lot about how bad our team is. He's a good rebounder/assist guy/defender but he is a black hole offensively.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Redo....

Amare Stoudemire ($21.6M in 2014, $23.4M in 2015)
Iman Shumpert

for

Hedo Turkoglu ($12M in 2014 or he can be waived ($6M guaranteed))
Glen Davis ($6.4M in 2014, $6.6M in 2015)
E'Twan Moore ($700K in 2014)

?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Redo....

Amare Stoudemire ($21.6M in 2014, $23.4M in 2015)
Iman Shumpert

for

Hedo Turkoglu ($12M in 2014 or he can be waived ($6M guaranteed))
Glen Davis ($6.4M in 2014, $6.6M in 2015)
E'Twan Moore ($700K in 2014)

?
This only clears cap space, but not enough to do anything. And makes their team worse.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
This only clears cap space, but not enough to do anything. And makes their team worse.
Yeah, sound about right.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:18 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Rockets sign Howard they're almost assuredly trading Asik.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:29 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If the Rockets sign Howard they're almost assuredly trading Asik.
Maybe next offseason when his salary jumps. They'll keep him next year. $5M for Asik is a steal, even if he is a backup......factor in Dwight's back issues and it's a no brainer.

Asik certainly won't start though, I'll give you that.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Skiles is the frontrunner for the Nets job....HAHA

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Scott Skiles is the frontrunner for the Nets job....HAHA
where are you seeing that? There were reports of it being Dunleavy like 3 weeks ago which got shot down. I haven't seen anything about Skiles now being a frontrunner. I HIGHLY doubt we make a decision before the ECF/finals are over so we can interview Brian shaw. There's rumored interest in Hollins (which I doubt happens) and still Sloan's name lingers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
where are you seeing that? There were reports of it being Dunleavy like 3 weeks ago which got shot down. I haven't seen anything about Skiles now being a frontrunner. I HIGHLY doubt we make a decision before the ECF/finals are over so we can interview Brian shaw. There's rumored interest in Hollins (which I doubt happens) and still Sloan's name lingers
Scott Skiles is the frontrunner for the vacant Nets head coaching vacancy, according to the Newark Star-Ledger. The report comes from legendary columnist Dave D'Alessandro.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Scott Skiles is the frontrunner for the vacant Nets head coaching vacancy, according to the Newark Star-Ledger. The report comes from legendary columnist Dave D'Alessandro.
meh, Dave D's been shaky with Nets stuff lately. Skiles' name has been thrown around a lot, so I don't really doubt it. Hoping it's not true, but we'll see.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Maybe next offseason when his salary jumps. They'll keep him next year. $5M for Asik is a steal, even if he is a backup......factor in Dwight's back issues and it's a no brainer.

Asik certainly won't start though, I'll give you that.
He loses a ton of value if he plays 20mpg next year and his salary balloons to double digits right after. The smart thing would be to get some pieces in return while he holds most market value.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, I could see Houston starting both Howard and Asik. I mean, id much rather have that than Howard+Thomas Robinson or Howard+Greg Smith. Could always play small with Parsons at the 4, but I think these playoffs have proven that unless you have ridiculously elite talent (Miami), you can't really play successful small ball and be a legit contender.

It would be like the Hakeem/Sampson twin towers! Except, you know, without the offense.

Still, I think it would be the best option if Houston signed Dwight. Both can play the pick and roll well, so they wouldnt be exposed there, and it would let them match up well against the likes of Memphis and San Antonio, while also being able to go small with Parsons in the frontcourt against teams with stretch-4's.

Plus, I'd like to see someone try to attack the basket with those two in there. Two of the best low post defenders and rebounders in the league. I'm sort of falling in love with the thought of it as I type this.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I don't know man, not sure how it would work when you have two centers who do their best work around the basket. I really liked what i saw out of Asik these playoffs, dude was cleaning up boards and getting a ton of dunks off the PnR since the defense was always collapsing on the dribbler. Howard would do a great job of sucking in the defense into the paint to clear space for their 3pt shooters. Idk, i'd rather move him for a true PF that can play at the foul line to leave Howard optimal room in the paint, but that's just my preference.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Howard isn't leaving LA.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I think Howard-Robinson would be a good combo. asik off the bench is nasty. Howard and Rob would work nicely together, especially with T-Rob having a nice jumper around 15 ft. Can work the elbows, let Dwight run the PnR and post up on the block as well
Quote:
Old 05-21-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Howard isn't leaving LA.
This is Dwight we're talking about ya know....
Old 05-21-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Let's see, he didn't really like playing with Kobe and news is already starting to trickle out about how he didn't feel he was properly used by D'Antoni. The money won't be that big of an issue when you consider the fact that he won't have to deal with California's ridiculous state taxes and all of a sudden the idea of playing with a 24 year old James Harden becomes a lot more appealing than being stuck on a team with a bad coach, bad contracts and Kobe playing maybe one more year, two at the most.

The right career move is to bail ASAP, but who knows what he'll do, after all he was stupid enough to sign away his right to FA last year.