Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-20-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
But HoC is terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
House of Cards really is an awful TV show.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to ask if this had all ready been posted but I really don't care...

Old 05-20-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pilot of The West Wing brings more to the table than the entire season of House of Cards did. Come at me.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never compared it to West Wing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You've been here a long time, GF.. do you really believe that is something Brodeur can do? To be a nice man once in a while?

Out of his wheelhouse I'm afraid!!!!!!
Brodie loves me. He will listen to me. I've also been here waaaaaaaaay too long.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Brodie loves me. He will listen to me. I've also been here waaaaaaaaay too long.
I love Michael too, but he feels the need to take shots at me in public to make himself look cool.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-20-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One day we will have an SWDC meet up and it will be glorious.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're all welcome at my place on Sunday for Arrested Development.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
One day we will have an SWDC meet up and it will be glorious.
I made the offer to DG and he ignored me :\

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DG is lame. I should have met up with Cain and Shane in Pittsburgh but quite frankly I was far too drunk to do much of anything whilst I was there.

I assume we would start off with a flag football game, transition into a TV marathon (presumably watching something awesome, like Firefly [suck it Corey]), and then ending with a video game marathon of some sort. Drinking is encouraged, but not required.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I was in the same area where Xio is for a training seminar once and he kept rejecting offers of seeing a movie. Jerks everywhere.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-20-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I love Michael too, but he feels the need to take shots at me in public to make himself look cool.
I took a shot at you because you brought up The Newsroom for absolutely no reason as a pot shot at me and others who enjoy the show. And you know you did.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I took a shot at you because you brought up The Newsroom for absolutely no reason as a pot shot at me and others who enjoy the show. And you know you did.
YOU ALWAYS TAKE SHOTS AT ME, EVEN WHEN I'M NOT INVOLVED. YOU ARE A LIAR AND A BAD PERSON. How does that feel Michael, how does that feel?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-20-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd watch a movie with you Brodeur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vice is some screwed up stuff man, crazy
Old 05-21-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested to know what the board's aversion to HoC is.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I'm interested to know what the board's aversion to HoC is.
The characters are all one note and boring, and the plot is predictable and stupid in most cases.

That is my opinion, obviously.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:24 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The characters are all one note and boring, and the plot is predictable and stupid in most cases.

That is my opinion, obviously.
I would say these are accurate. I am most of the way through and have to agree with the predictability of character and plot lines.

Right now I'm fascinated by it for two reasons:
1) The utterly corrupt nature of power and politics
2) The "protagonist" is not anyone we are supposed to like in any way

In that regard it has my attention, but halfway through the season I was already entirely bored of the predictability.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Welcome to nick reboot – a 24/7 live stream of classic Nickelodeon shows from the 90s and early 2000s! nick reboot exists solely to provide a medium for commentary, criticism, educational review, and research of Nickelodeon as it was during that time period.

Shows are picked at random to appear in the queue. Some shows have a greater episode number than others, giving that show a better chance of being played. We try to weight the numbers in favor of more popular shows.
100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
Nick Arcade
All That
Rocket Power
Animorphs
Rocko’s Modern Life
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Rugrats
As Told by Ginger
Salute Your Shorts
CatDog
SpongeBob SquarePants
Clarissa Explains It All
The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
Cousin Skeeter
The Adventures of Pete & Pete
Double Dare 2000
The Amanda Show
Doug
The Angry Beavers
Family Double Dare
The Journey of Allen Strange
Figure It Out
The Ren & Stimpy Show
Global Guts
The Secret World of Alex Mack
Hey Dude
The Wild Thornberrys
Hey Arnold!
Tiny Toon Adventures
Inspector Gadget
Weinerville
Invader Zim
What Would You Do?
KaBlam!
Wild & Crazy Kids
Kenan & Kel
You Can’t Do That on Television
http://nickreboot.com/m/index.php
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well that was an amazing find.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sure i could just download most of these shows, but why
Old 05-21-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that was an amazing find.
Happy Birthday :)
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Happy Birthday :)
Haha, thanks! Time to celebrate by watching AHHHHHHH Real Monsters and then Tiny Toons!

Old 05-21-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melissa Joan Hart was my first celebrity crush because of Clarissa Explains It All.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I would say these are accurate. I am most of the way through and have to agree with the predictability of character and plot lines.

Right now I'm fascinated by it for two reasons:
1) The utterly corrupt nature of power and politics
2) The "protagonist" is not anyone we are supposed to like in any way

In that regard it has my attention, but halfway through the season I was already entirely bored of the predictability.
1). This is one of the main reasons I dislike the show. Yes, I know politics is dirty. During college, I worked on a few campaigns and I saw it first hand. And I can assume the closer you get to power, the dirtier it gets. But HoC is way too over-the-top. There hasn't been a politician as corrupt as Underwood since Aaron Burr. A President's Chief of Staff would never go behind the president's back as much as this one does. And the president himself is such a *****. He is getting pushed around by 3rd highest ranking representative in the House? That doesn't happen.

2). This is similar to Breaking Bad. Walter White isn't supposed to be liked either. But Breaking Bad does is so much better. The characters, despite being terrible people, have streaks where you like them (especially Jessie). In HoC, no character is likeable at all ever.

Another thing that annoys me is how stupid everybody is. Underwood is passed over for Secretary of State and suddenly the actual nominee finds themself in controversy. It should have been obvious that the overthrow of the Speaker was his doing. He was in charge of the education bill and that was a mess. He suggested Russo and that was a mess. Yet the characters don't notice that Underwood is behind it all? These are some of the smartest, most well educated people in the country and they can't piece together the puzzle.

Everything about the show (except the acting which is one-note) is over-the-top and unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote