Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Zombie Apocalypse Draft II

Off season dog days are here. Upcoming WWZ has me wanting to start this up again. 2nd edition of the draft Brothgar ran last off season.

Looking for 12-15 participants and 2-4 judges to take part.

1. Phlysac
2. Forenci
3. OSUGIANTS17
4. Brothgar
5. jrdrylie
6. Cigaro
7. Brodeur
8. diabsoule
9. Brownleader
10. Trogdor

Clock
Tentative 4pm - 2am EST. non strict 30min clock. I'll remind and take bbs. Clock off Fri-Sat nights(no skipping)-resume Sun at 4pm EST.

We will draft

1 location - This is the location of your survivor base. An attempt should be made to make your home base distinct from all others but as long as it isn't nearly identical, you should be good. Pictures please and link if needed.

1 vehicle - This is how your group of survivors will transport themselves. You will get enough transport vehicles to transport ALL of your survivors so if you draft bicycles you get 5 of them. The vehicle must be available to the general public no tanks or experimental military hovercraft. And keep in mind it must be able to transport any other items you draft-not necessarily all at once though.

5 weapons - Once again they must be real and available to the general law abiding public. An attempt should be made to make your weapons distinct from all others but as long as it isn't nearly identical, you should be good.

1 Celebrity - The Celebrity not the character. Person must be alive.

1 NFL player/coach - Just for fun self explanatory must be alive.

2 wild card people - Must be real and alive. None of the judges can be drafted.

3 wild card items - unlike vehicles you only get packages that they normally come in. ie. if you draft beer you can have a keg or a case or a six pack etc. Must be something that only 5 people could manage and must be able to be transported in or by your vehicle. LIMIT 2 BULK KITS Links & pictures please.

How do we tell who wins.

Write a brief explanation of your strategy and items/people. We will have 3-5 Judges who will go through every aspect of your team's likelihood of living. Debate and rank.

What will be taken into account when you determine who will live the longest?

**EVERYTHING.** As before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 05-27-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to do this again but last time I got SUPER turned off because everyone was trying to push what they could get and it sort of got lame because of it. Like people were getting entire solar farms and stuff.

This could be awesome but I think there need to be some really clear cut rules on what is and isn't allowed.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's a legit package item that could conceivably be acquired by an individual, it passes. Entire industrial solar arrays is just ********. It should be something that just 5 people could manage. I think just one or two people last time got out of hand, otherwise it was good.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You could make a pre-determined pool of items to be drafted. That might help.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

I think the point is out thinking, out-planning everyone in order to win or survive. Pre determined items kind of kills that.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to participate, if I could.

Need to lock-down the rules a bit. Last year proved that many types of rifles, shotguns, and pistols could be drafted, but only one person could have a crossbow.

This is just one example of the "no duplicating picks" that came up.

Last edited by phlysac : 05-20-2013 at 10:23 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think part of the fun is choosing. I think as long as you willing to deny some people's choices then it will go alright. I think people will just have to accept that if they get denied because last time I think some of us tried to complain to get our way (myself included).

I am down though.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As everyone becomes involved it would be good to peruse last year's draft to bring up some of the issues you see, so we can proactively prevent any disagreement in rules.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in, the last one was fun albeit a bit ridiculous towards the end

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brothgar wants in this time as a participant or a judge.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Last edited by Brothgar : 05-21-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I'm in, the last one was fun albeit a bit ridiculous towards the end
I know...

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

So should we roll with just 5 or is that not enough?

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll send a couple PMs but I'm fine with rolling with 5.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'd also bring in a rule that if you can't carry the item in one vehicle then it isn't allowed. This SHOULD cut down on most of the crap that was pulled last year.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the heck, I'm in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might be willing to play. The one area that I want clarified the most is locales. Selected in the last game were a castle, a fortress/lighthouse, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center, Mt. Weather, and a flak tower. Literally all variations of a military fort/compound. While I can see the difference between say a castle and Cheyenne, I'd want to know the exact rules for what would be allowed and what would be considered overlapping.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I'd also bring in a rule that if you can't carry the item in one vehicle then it isn't allowed. This SHOULD cut down on most of the crap that was pulled last year.
I like that. That vehicle being the one you choose for your squad.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I might be willing to play. The one area that I want clarified the most is locales. Selected in the last game were a castle, a fortress/lighthouse, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center, Mt. Weather, and a flak tower. Literally all variations of a military fort/compound. While I can see the difference between say a castle and Cheyenne, I'd want to know the exact rules for what would be allowed and what would be considered overlapping.
I deliberately left out that each type of location can only be drafted once. Specific places can't be duplicated but other than that, it's open.
EDIT
That said, an attempt should be made to make your base distinct, otherwise it'll be pretty boring.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 05-22-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fine since you asked me nicely, I will do it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll do it if you need more peeps

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'll do it if you need more peeps
Thanks and now your up!

Diabs on the clock. He can pick anytime between now and tomorrow. Clock is regularly 4pm - 2am EST 30 min clock. I'll remind when I can. Anyone still interested in joining, post here before the 2nd round and I'll add. Still need 1-2 more judges but let's roll.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 05-22-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

So, is it just like last year where pretty much every variation of firearm and/or location is allowed but only one team can have a crossbow?

;)

And it'd be sweet if we had to choose all new locations. But that's just me.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
So, is it just like last year where pretty much every variation of firearm and/or location is allowed but only one team can have a crossbow?

;)

And it'd be sweet if we had to choose all new locations. But that's just me.
I just did a quick search and it seems like there's so much more out there. I guess a solid season of Walking Dead can do that.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bleh just saw this. If I could get in this before the end of round 1 I'm in :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

****** I was about to pick Johnny Depp's island.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.