Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-10-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Anyone having issues signing up for the Star Wars: One Republic FREE?
Star Wars One Republic? Is that the one where Revan sings "Apologize" and "All the Right Moves"?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
what? in any raid config, you'd generally need all your disks to be the exact same size. i guess in a raid 0, you could use a bigger drive, you'd just lose the space at the end of it.

bear in mind that, if you just use two disks, you'll lose half the capacity. i'd be more likely to do it across the 2 ssd's for the OS (since you don't need a ton of space on C:), then leave the 1tb for data. actually, i wouldn't just be more likely, that's what i do. 2 raid 0's for the OS (i'm not worried about data integrity, since there shouldn't really be anything important written to that disk), then 2 1tb drives in raid 1 for data (i don't care about speed, since most of it isn't being accessed frequently). ultimately, i'll probably chuck the 1tb drives into a NAS and replace them with 3tb drives. if i buy a third, i'll likely do raid5 on them.
Ah thought so I'll prob just raid 0 the ssd then, I just need more sata cables now.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why raid? Get Carbonite and use your SSDs for something worthwhile.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HEY! We need to get the gang back together and play some Day Z since the standalone is taking forever.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Star Wars One Republic? Is that the one where Revan sings "Apologize" and "All the Right Moves"?
Haha, well played. I mean, The Old Republic.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:29 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Upgrading a few parts on my pc, new mobo since my current one can't run crossfire or sli which I eventually want to do.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130686

replacing some fans; kept my stock ones on that came with the case they've been really quiet for a year now and recently they've been making a lot more noise than I'd like since I leave my computer on almost all the time it gets really annoying.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835214028

I'm in need of a card reader my external bugged out on me and will probably go with an internal one this time around.

It's been a year with this pc I will update it with another video again since I have nothing better to do and I want to show it off lol

Old 05-20-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
forenci, make it to the mun yet? i just finished a tug that went from kerbin to duna, eve and made the return with a ton of fuel to spare. it's easily the least complex thing i've ever built. i think next, i'll sent jeb to laythe and put together a base.
Damn it! Show me how!

I did make it to the mun...but sadly I did not have enough fuel to get off, haha.

My first Kerbin on the mun! He explored and is now stranded with three other astronauts.

I've been messing around with some rocket design for a while now and think I've gotten one that could get me to the Mun and back. I think I've gotten the hang of the fuel lines and how to implement them. I'm going to try and land it on the Mun and go back to Kerbin. Then I hope to launch a rescue mission to bring them all back safely. It's quite fun.

Post some screen shots of your stuff! I want to see how radically off my rocket designs are, haha.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Upgrading a few parts on my pc, new mobo since my current one can't run crossfire or sli which I eventually want to do.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130686

replacing some fans; kept my stock ones on that came with the case they've been really quiet for a year now and recently they've been making a lot more noise than I'd like since I leave my computer on almost all the time it gets really annoying.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835214028

I'm in need of a card reader my external bugged out on me and will probably go with an internal one this time around.

It's been a year with this pc I will update it with another video again since I have nothing better to do and I want to show it off lol
I'm saving up for a giant upgrade in July with the 4770K (I live near a Microcenter so it'll be the same price most pay for a 4670K) and GTX 770. I pretty much have it all planned out. I was going to go straight for SLI, but decided against spending another $400 on a second GPU. Standard 8GB RAM inside an R4. Thinking I'll go with a U14S to cool the CPU, but the upgrade potential of the H220 is tempting. Probably a 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD. Google Fiber (which is coming around that time) basically comes with a NAS. The new rig should be silent (U14S goes up to like 33dbs with full load).

Should be ~$1100 total. Man, I love Microcenter.

Should be fun to see the difference. I'm going up from an E8400 & GTX 260.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
holy crap that rocket is too big. i used novapunch on this build, but mostly for the boosters and heavy struts.

in the vab, with some dV stats

post-launch, after dropping the boosters, but right before the gravity turn.
Dear god that thing is huge haha. I think my rocket actually looks bigger because I was so zoomed in. The actually lander is fairly small.

Interesting though. I will have to try and attempt to figure out some better configurations after seeing that. I kind of do the onion peel method where you shed tanks as things progress further. It seems to work pretty well.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Hah geez. That's insane. I'm actually playing as we speak. I've got a ton of fuel to get me into the orbit of the Mun. I think my only thing is going to be after I shed my current stage if I will have enough fuel to land and then get back to Kerbin.

If I can I shall rescue those stranded astronauts.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
heh, it's actually pretty small. and i have like, 2 stages i don't need on it. i have a heavy launcher that's like, 20-25 orange tanks. asparagus staging (rather than onion) makes such a huge difference. shedding weight is so hugely important in this game.
Can you tell me what the heck you are playing? Because I want in.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Can you tell me what the heck you are playing? Because I want in.
Kerbal Space Program. $22 dollars on Steam. If you like space and such its awesome.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:08 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm saving up for a giant upgrade in July with the 4770K (I live near a Microcenter so it'll be the same price most pay for a 4670K) and GTX 770. I pretty much have it all planned out. I was going to go straight for SLI, but decided against spending another $400 on a second GPU. Standard 8GB RAM inside an R4. Thinking I'll go with a U14S to cool the CPU, but the upgrade potential of the H220 is tempting. Probably a 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD. Google Fiber (which is coming around that time) basically comes with a NAS. The new rig should be silent (U14S goes up to like 33dbs with full load).

Should be ~$1100 total. Man, I love Microcenter.

Should be fun to see the difference. I'm going up from an E8400 & GTX 260.
I'm sort of close to a microcenter also and 4770k you say?? Need to check that out; If I can find someone to buy my mobo/processor as a package I might do that and just upgrade my mobo and go for a 4770k too I was willing to do about a $500 upgrade and that will fall into range with the new processor.

edit: eh at this point I'd rather upgrade my gfx card my current being a 7770 I want to go nvidia and get a 680 but I'd have to wait a few more months to hop on that. Already have the 3770 processor isn't much of an upgrade performance wise so I'll stick with that for another year.

Last edited by bantx : 05-21-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, there's zero point in upgrading over an Ivy or even Sandy. It makes sense for me because I'm still on a Core2 Duo. The GTX 770 is basically the GTX 680 rebranded and with a $100 price drop. I forget where the 780 lies compared to the other cards out there. 780 comes out Thursday, 770 comes out at the end of the month.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
have you watched the scott manley videos on youtube?
I've seen some of him, yeah. I also watch kurtjmac, mainly for the humor of the videos.

You wouldn't think this would be a fun game to watch but I enjoy it, haha.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

KSP or Starforge?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I have both. KSP is a lot more developed right now. I think Starforge could be really really good but it's still got a ways to go.

Once KSP adds a career mode I am going to die from playing it so much. It's already addicting as it is.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

npeg

:OOOO

Old 05-23-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Must buy...

Old 05-23-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
npeg

I'm drooling right now.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

WOOO! At long last I landed on the mun and returned safely to my home planet of Kerbin. I could have done it with a much smaller rocket (after watching some of Scott Manley's video's it appears clear) but nonetheless I landed on the Mun, planted a flag (new feature, woot woot), and got back safe.

It was a tough go for a while but it worked out in the end. I ended up pretty much flinging my self straight into Kerbin, avoiding the need for orbiting and touching down. I was FLYING at the planet, but fortunately my parachutes held up and slowed me down and I made a nice landing.

Haha, I'm so damn happy right now.

I think my next goal is to work on getting some sort of orbital refueling station up in the sky. First goal is to get something in orbit, then learn how to dock properly which looks hard from all the videos I've seen, hah.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
npeg

Yeah, I have gone back and forth on whether to splurge for that or not. @ $500...maybe. But NewEgg has them for $650+ right now. Simply too much.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
docking isn't too bad.

a) why do you have lights pointing UP off of your command module?
b) why did you blow your parachute so high? or is that a useless docking node on the top?

if you want to land with more precision, look into aerobraking. it makes it really easy to conserve fuel while grabbing a stable orbit, and becomes really essential later in the game. with the rocket i posted earlier, i almost had enough fuel to visit moho, but i messed up my eve entry.
Oh haha. The lights and docking node were for future missions. I plan to use the the rocket I designed for future missions where docking may be relevant. Right now I'm trying to design a solid orbiter that I can attach some fuel to.

The rocket I used to land on the Mun was quite nice. I feel like I could reach some other places with it potentially but I'd like to just build a solid orbiter/lifter that can go up and drop some potential fuel stations in orbit.

I'll have to check out aerobraking.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

We all need to find a game to play together. It was fun in TOR. I don't think I would have stuck with TOR nearly as long as I did if it wasn't playing with you guys.

The question is, what game? I'm pretty open to anything. RPG, FPS, RTS, etc.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Im open to anything also. There is a free FPS called Black Light Redemption Ive been wanting to try out if yall are willing to join in.